PDA

View Full Version : Triathlon

richardsoncd
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Anyone here do endurance sports, especially Tri's? I have recently started and was curious if anyone else does. Seems like a great way to stay fit in the off season.

Sodar
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone here do endurance sports, especially Tri's? I have recently started and was curious if anyone else does. Seems like a great way to stay fit in the off season.

I did mini-tris during my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college, but stopped after I started having shoulder issues. It was a blast and I was in the best shape! My best friend and I would do them together... had it not been for having someone to do them with, I would have probably never done it, but with the competition it was an awesome experience.

corey
01-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Done some 50+ mile road bike events and a MTN race but no tri's (yet) I'm goaling to do my first sprint distance tri this summer. Running is the part I am most worried about.

rcnjson
01-25-2007, 05:46 PM
I did some mini or sprint tri's when I was in college. I also did some open water swimming races, ocean miles and the like. I was on the swimming team in college, even though I was a sprinter, we did enough distance/endurance work to do well in short distance events. Give you an idea sprinters averaged 10K yards a day mid season. I haven't, and probably won't, get back into it. I work with a few guys that do the ironman races. I help coach them for the swimming portion but that is about it.
k

richardsoncd
01-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I did mini-tris during my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college, but stopped after I started having shoulder issues. It was a blast and I was in the best shape! My best friend and I would do them together... had it not been for having someone to do them with, I would have probably never done it, but with the competition it was an awesome experience.

Without a doubt, my roommate and I are training together, it make getting up at 5 to go train much easier

Leroy
01-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I did the olympic distance tri's in my 30's. Great fun and yes you will be in shape! I have a softride bike for sale now if any tri A person is interested!