PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Wakeboard Pro on 2006 X2

dougau
01-25-2007, 03:23 AM
Hi - I have just bought a 2006 X2 with the 310hp motor and I am struggling to get the settings right with Wakeboard Pro. I am finding the boat (when set to 20mph) will drop back to say 17mph before accellerating back to 20mph. Then other times it will be set at 20mph and then the boat will settle at 22mph? So it both surges and then sometimes goes faster than the set speed.

Can anyone with an X2 give me the exact settings to try? Many thanks

besides that - what an awsome boat!!!!!

Harvey
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
This could depend on the weight in the boat and its placement. Every boat will have a speed where it will have trouble maintaining. If the boat is on the verge of plane and the speed you want it to run is just under the speed it would plane at then the PP will have trouble maintaining it. For example I run about 1900 lbs in my boat and at about 20-21 the PP will have trouble maintaining due to the boat wanting to be on plane.

Solutions:
- You could try putting more weight or people up front to help the boat plane at slower speed. Conversely you could just reduce the weight in the back of the boat.
- You could learn to board at a higher speed.
Likely you will probably end up doing a combination of these two. If you are timid about boarding at 22 mph or higher then try to find a ballast combination that will give you the ability to stay on plane at a slower speed.

dougau
01-25-2007, 02:40 PM
many thanks - will check that option and work on it!