PDA

View Full Version : platform

madison
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Im sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked over and over.. I cant find any info on here so im gonna ask!

the platform on my boat looks bad, as well as the rest of the boat, but its a work in progress! its dried looking and has a bit of moss growing on it! I scrubbed the moss off, now should I sand it with a sander ? then add teak oil? what is the process to bringing back a nice teak platform?

thanks

shepherd
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Some others here (like TMCNo1) may have better ideas, but here is what I did. I cleaned my teak real good with some teak cleaner. Then I used some teak brightener following instructions on the bottle. I still had some dark spots (from old teak oil stains I believe), so I attacked those with some coarse sandpaper following up with some fine paper on the whole platform until it was smooth. Then I followed up with a good coat of teak oil, applied by hand and with a brush (to get the oil into the grooves). It doesn't look as good as TMCNo1's, but I'm happy with the results. You can sort of see my platform in a recent pic I put in the Prostar thread.

Here's a link to the TMCNo1 method: http://207.170.215.108/eMarketing/Campaign/TemplateBlankRun.aspx?PageId=81546a8d-fd78-4bea-9d59-ffa7f47788ec&OrgId=1&ConId=5919.
The results speak for themselves!

dapicatti
01-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Winter is when all of our thoughts turn to- Fix my swim platform!
I think the TMCNo1 method is the way to go if you have the time.

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Search OIL, OIL YOUR TEAK and such! You will find a ton of info!:D Winter is when all of our thoughts turn to- Fix my swim platform!
I think the TMCNo1 method is the way to go if you have the time.

Monte
01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Where is Harold when you need him??? Got a little teak to do myself..

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Check out this forum for more titles under "Appearance" concerning teak refurbishing, It's all there.