PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Ron Decker

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Many of you may have not known Ron, but he was like a brother to me. We had a lot of good times together. Here's a few pics of his 93' Star & Stripes, my 98' ProStar, and Ron & me skiing together. What a great friend he was!!!

SkiDog
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Many of you may have not known Ron, but he was like a brother to me. We had a lot of good times together. Here's a few pics of his 93' Star & Stripes, my 98' ProStar, and Ron & me skiing together. What a great friend he was!!!
Alright Tricky, I know that you of all people know how to post pics!!!!!!!!:D

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:50 PM
My ProStar & Ron's Stars & Stipes

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Alright Tricky, I know that you of all people know how to post pics!!!!!!!!:D
I'm Working on it

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Ron on left trickskier on right

SkiDog
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Ron on left trickskier on right

Nice swimsuit there Decky! RIP

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Ron on left & trickskier on right

trickskier
01-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Trickskier on left Ron on right

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Getting my Prostar ready for a reunion

André
01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry for your lost friend Trick.
Keep the good memories of him.:)

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Trick on left Ron on right

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Ron Footin

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Ron's 93 ProStar

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry for your lost friend Trick.
Keep the good memories of him.:)
Thanks Andre......Ron was a TRUE friend.

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Ron behind the wheel of his 93 S&S

trickskier
01-24-2007, 08:20 PM
One last pic of his 93' Stars & Stripes

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Great times, great pictures and I am sure great memories. Take care and very sorry.

HB

DemolitionMan
01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
In October of 2000 I made the 500 mile trip from Augusta, Georgia to Cypress Gardens, to attend my first Master Craft east coast boat owners reunion. When I arrived there I felt like I was given the cold shoulder by a lot of the fellow boat owners. Maybe it was because I just had a old blue stars and stripes or maybe it was because I was the rookie at the reunion. But I did meet three fellow boat owners that did not give me cold shoulder. The first would be Rick or aka (Trickskier) the second person I met was Harlod aka (TMCno1) and the third person I met was Ron Decker. All three of the guys shared all kinds of tips with and took me in like I was one of their own. Sometimes when its getting to be that time of the year when its time to clean and detail the boat to go the reunion, you start to ask yourself why do I go threw all this trouble for a 10 dollar trophy, but then you remember that its more than a trophy its a time to get together and have a good time with friends. I consider all three of these men friends, even though Ron has passed I will always have the great memories of the reunions we attended. When I came back from Cypress Gardens that year I came to Augusta with more than a trophy I came back with three friendships and some great memories.

trickskier
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
In October of 2000 I made the 500 mile trip from Augusta, Georgia to Cypress Gardens, to attend my first Master Craft east coast boat owners reunion. When I arrived there I felt like I was given the cold shoulder by a lot of the fellow boat owners. Maybe it was because I just had a old blue stars and stripes or maybe it was because I was the rookie at the reunion. But I did meet three fellow boat owners that did not give me cold shoulder. The first would be Rick or aka (Trickskier) the second person I met was Harlod aka (TMCno1) and the third person I met was Ron Decker. All three of the guys shared all kinds of tips with and took me in like I was one of their own. Sometimes when its getting to be that time of the year when its time to clean and detail the boat to go the reunion, you start to ask yourself why do I go threw all this trouble for a 10 dollar trophy, but then you remember that its more than a trophy its a time to get together and have a good time with friends. I consider all three of these men friends, even though Ron has passed I will always have the great memories of the reunions we attended. When I came back from Cypress Gardens that year I came to Augusta with more than a trophy I came back with three friendships and some great memories.
Well said my friend and thanks!!! :D

SKI*MC
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
sorry to hear about your loss, keep the memories.

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry about your loss... looks like you had a lot of good times...

Mag_Red
01-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry about your loss Trickskier.

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Nice to see this! I having not met Ron find it very nice that you have written this post. Harold and Rick are great TT friends and it is very nice when a limited poster with time on TT posts on these occasions for those who did not know Ron. Thanks 78 and I look forward to more pics of your ride. Sorry for your loss as well. Impactful people are hard to forget and best to remember.
HBIn October of 2000 I made the 500 mile trip from Augusta, Georgia to Cypress Gardens, to attend my first Master Craft east coast boat owners reunion. When I arrived there I felt like I was given the cold shoulder by a lot of the fellow boat owners. Maybe it was because I just had a old blue stars and stripes or maybe it was because I was the rookie at the reunion. But I did meet three fellow boat owners that did not give me cold shoulder. The first would be Rick or aka (Trickskier) the second person I met was Harlod aka (TMCno1) and the third person I met was Ron Decker. All three of the guys shared all kinds of tips with and took me in like I was one of their own. Sometimes when its getting to be that time of the year when its time to clean and detail the boat to go the reunion, you start to ask yourself why do I go threw all this trouble for a 10 dollar trophy, but then you remember that its more than a trophy its a time to get together and have a good time with friends. I consider all three of these men friends, even though Ron has passed I will always have the great memories of the reunions we attended. When I came back from Cypress Gardens that year I came to Augusta with more than a trophy I came back with three friendships and some great memories.

chudson
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
It's a great thing that the love for skiing can bring together such strong friendships, there is certainly a strong fellowship here and that's a wonderfulthing!!! Guys I am truly sorry for the passing of your friend, Ron sounds like he was one helluva guy!!!

Cec

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the story, what you said means a lot. It's as much or more about the people as the boats, as the boats come and go, but friendships are there forever. I too knew Ron, he was not only a friend, a fellow MC boat owner, but my employer at one time. There are more laughs and good times than I could ever tell and he is missed.

trickskier
01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks to all that have posted. Yes, Ron was one great friend.

Hey #1 I know I used to be the one who complained the most about that dump of a motel we used to stay in at Cypress Gardens, but we sure had some good parking lot parties!!! :D

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks to all that have posted. Yes, Ron was one great friend.

Hey #1 I know I used to be the one who complained the most about that dump of a motel we used to stay in at Cypress Gardens, but we sure had some good parking lot parties!!! :D

Tricky, I sure wish I had met you back in the day! I probably did and just didn't realize it!:D

trickskier
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Tricky, I sure wish I had met you back in the day! I probably did and just didn't realize it!:D
We probably crossed path's and didn't realize it. I attended my first Boat Owners Reunion at Cypress Gardens in 1983. I met Ron & his family in 1984. The rest as they say is History........:D