PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Ward Speed!

Hoosier Bob
01-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Anybody watch the Jeff Ward Doc on Speed? He is a couple of years older than I but has just Completed his 9th National Championship! He is an amazing human being! Two top three finishes at Indy! Numerous Motocross championships in 125, 250 and 500cc classes and a couple of Supermotard national championships after forty!!!! Domination for 23 years! Anyway the Elf is bad and badder than any other! I met him a couple of times in Laguna Niguel on our local track. He was a site to watch! When I asked him what he thought he always had the same answer! Tight, tight! OK it was a tight track and one day trying to keep up with him I literally broke my YZ250 in half! Great job Jeff and to all that have not seen this guy race, sorry for your loss! Motorsports Hall of Fame! Jeff Ward!:D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
OK it was a tight track and one day trying to keep up with him I literally broke my YZ250 in half! Drinking on the track again hey HB?:rolleyes: Your supposed to drink at the HORSE track, or the DOG track, NOT the Bike track, especially when your ON it!:cool:

Hoosier Bob
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Look him up dork! Never seen anyone that compares! 5'5" maybe and bad arse! Never thought a guy 155 and 5'5" could win a 500 class race. He is awesome! Two wheelers should worship his drive. Watch Motard! The guy is killing guys half his age! I went to JuCo with his wife and I will say they are great! Jeff Ward! Write it down and mark it with a B! Take care Don I am just BYB! Jeff was a reat person to watch at the local and national level!
HB/EO!

01-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Look him up dork! Never seen anyone that compares! 5'5" maybe and bad arse! Never thought a guy 155 and 5'5" could win a 500 class race. He is awesome! Two wheelers should worship his drive. Watch Motard! The guy is killing guys half his age! I went to JuCo with his wife and I will say they are great! Jeff Ward! Write it down and mark it with a B! Take care Don I am just BYB! Jeff was a reat person to watch at the local and national level!
HB/EO!
what exactly is a "Motard"? is that someone who dont know much about Mo-town music?:confused:

01-23-2007, 11:25 PM
I went to JuCo with his wife and I will say they are great! !
This is a family oriented website HB, dont talk about that stuff here. :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
01-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Does thou not know how to search the web my unexposed pull me off my mothers *** brother?

Maristar210
01-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Wardy can slide it in with the very best of them. His skill level is one that has no equal. He should be considered dangerous:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

01-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Hoosier is the one that should be considered dangerous.....to his neighborhood. He is bad for the enviroment too, too much aluminum waste. 8p

Hey Staristar!:wavey:

Hoosier Bob
01-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Thank you Steve! You have made my week!;) Wardy can slide it in with the very best of them. His skill level is one that has no equal. He should be considered dangerous:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

01-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Does thou not know how to search the web my unexposed pull me off my mothers *** brother?
Of course I do, my overexposed pull me off my aluminum can brother!:) Just messin with ya!:cool: or as you call it, BYB!

Hoosier Bob
01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Watch this guy race! Motard! He is amazing! Older than you or I and can run circles if you know what I mean! He has always been too small but has always been victorious!;) Of course I do, my overexposed pull me off my aluminum can brother!:) Just messin with ya!:cool: or as you call it, BYB!

ski36short
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Didn't he pretty much suck in Indy Cars?

Jesus_Freak
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Watch this guy race! Motard! He is amazing! Older than you or I and can run circles if you know what I mean! He has always been too small but has always been victorious!;)

Yeah, I was a fan of his in my teen years. He has been around for a while.

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Considering only ran for a couple of years I would say no. Second and a third or fourth at Indy and actually led with an inferior product. Remember drivers in Indy are often selected because of the $$ the bring rather than the talent. I would have a hard time thinking he sucked at anything definately anything on 2 wheels. IMO

Ward moved to racing cars in the Indy Racing League. Ward finished 6th in series points in 1998, and won the 2002 race at Texas Motor Speedway. He established a solid reputation at the prestigious Indianapolis 500: he was 1997 Rookie of the Year with a third place finish and garnered four top five finishes in just seven starts.

I would take it!

ski36short
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Just yankin' yer chain bro. It's all good! I don't actually pay much attention to IRL - can you tell?!? :D

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
No worries! I have watched this guy race since the early eighties! Be like Mike? How about be like Jeff! 25+ years in a sport that destroys most before they are 25! Just some props to my boy Jeff Ward! Take care Shortliner!:D Just yankin' yer chain bro. It's all good! I don't actually pay much attention to IRL - can you tell?!? :D

Maristar210
01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey Hoosier I saw a guy on e-bay named Mrfanuc selling a portion of Jeff Stanton's private honda collection recently. You happen to see that?

An old elsinore like the one I am currently restoring went for big bucks..

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:16 PM
No but Jeff was the immediate successor to the throne. I do not think he had the comp that was there in the 80's but none the less he dominated. Would have been nice to see but I am a Bailey, O'Mara, Ward, Johnson, Glover, Diamond, Hannah, Lechien kind of fan.

07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey is that Fred Ward dude still racing???

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
I think he is Upper Michigan Pagina!

07-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I think he is Upper Michigan Pagina!
:uglyhamme: :uglyhamme::uglyhamme::uglyhamme:

JohnE
07-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow, missed this thread back in January, but I remember watching and reading about Jeff Ward all the time back in the day. Been a long time since I've ridden.

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I rode with the guy in SoCal! OK, I rode around while he rode, not with! I did break my 1983 YZ250 in half trying to keep with him. Never really seen anything like him. 5'5" and strong as iron. He has to be 45 and is still kicking arse!

07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
fred Ward!!!!:d

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Don Knots you are maybe!

tex
07-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Ward moved to racing cars in the Indy Racing League. Ward finished 6th in series points in 1998, and won the 2002 race at Texas Motor Speedway. He established a solid reputation at the prestigious Indianapolis 500: he was 1997 Rookie of the Year with a third place finish and garnered four top five finishes in just seven starts.

That doesn't sound like sucking? I don't know much about him but I will say that to race motocross-you have to be in a freak shape!

Hoosier Bob
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Update! He races Super Motard now against people half his age like Pastrana, Metzger and smokes them all. He is an incredible treat to watch on a Motard Bike. Sure he is way past his prime but in his prime he was way past anything. 125, 250 and open he smoked. Motard is awesome and he does very well when he races.;) Ward moved to racing cars in the Indy Racing League. Ward finished 6th in series points in 1998, and won the 2002 race at Texas Motor Speedway. He established a solid reputation at the prestigious Indianapolis 500: he was 1997 Rookie of the Year with a third place finish and garnered four top five finishes in just seven starts.

That doesn't sound like sucking? I don't know much about him but I will say that to race motocross-you have to be in a freak shape!

07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Fred Ward Rules!!!!:D