PDA

View Full Version : Job hunt

kycat2007
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
What is the best job search site? I have used Hotjobs and Monster but was unsure if there were any other better sites. If you guys know of anyone looking for a sales person in Louisville let me know. I have a job but just started looking for something different.

trickskier
01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
What is the best job search site? I have used Hotjobs and Monster but was unsure if there were any other better sites. If you guys know of anyone looking for a sales person in Louisville let me know. I have a job but just started looking for something different.
Do you have any good "Head Hunters" in your area?

kycat2007
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I would assume that there are some but I have not had dealings with them. Any suggestions? I have over 5 years sales exp. and have sold over 1 mil plus the last four years.

H20skeefreek
01-23-2007, 06:07 PM
selling what?

kycat2007
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I sell semi trailers. Not wanting to get into too much detail but pretty specialized market.

kycat2007
01-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok I will bump this thread. I know it is hard because of where we live geographically but I know some have been searching a bit. Monster, Hotjobs, Flipdog any others? Trick offered up headhunters.

Rich_G
01-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Get the book "Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters" by Jay Conrad Levinson. It's not about finding the right job posting site, it's about understanding the process and developing a marketing strategy for yourself. It is not a motivation book - it tells you how to do it, and tricks of the trade; how to uncover hidden jobs, etc.

You will get some new ideas and learn something from it. It will answer your questions about headhunters, and how to make alliances with the ones that can help you.

kycat2007
01-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks
Rich

Leroy
01-24-2007, 12:54 AM
The newspaper Careerbuilder was the best I used last summer. You do have to search in multiple ways to find all of the open positions. http://indystar.gannettonline.com/careerbuilder/index.html

I did not get anything out of Monster. I also found several on hundredkjobs.com and 6figurejobs.com.

Personal network ended up being the reason I got the job I'm at.

I don't think head hunters are so good if you are staying local. If you are looking at moving I find they are useful.

Good luck!

point1234
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I worked on an assembly line building semi-trailers what a horrible job that was. Made me realize that going to college was a good idea.