PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Adjustment Plate

boatdad
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I currently have a 2006 X-15. At the Milwaukee Boat Show the new 2007 is shown with a Attitude Adjustment Plate. Is this just a trim plate or is it designed to maintain a better wake for ski'ing?

captain planet
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
It is meant to lift the back of the boat a little at speed to flatten out the wake for skiing. Also, I heard the MasterCraft rep telling someone that the bottom of that plate has strakes welded in it to redirect the water straight back as opposed to it coming back at an angle from the hull to further flatten out the wake.

Michael Epp
01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a 2007 X-15 on order and was told by my dealer to avoid the trip tab as it distorts handling at higher speeds. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated. They will not order an X-15 with the trim tab.

boatdad
01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
I spoke with a rep from Mastercraft about the plate and he did mention that it does help flatten out the wake but did not mention anything about the handling at high speeds. When the plate is disengaged or flat to the water it should not have any affect on handling.

rstitson
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
We ordered a 2007 x-15 with attitude plate. drops the nose about a foot (guess) noticeably. Wasn't sure it impacted the wake but did not ski it. Supposedly increases hole shot. I probably would have demoed a correct craft if the plate had not been on the x-15 as the nose was just a little too high at moderate speeds cruising. Used the plate at high speeds and did not notice a handling issue. Can't imagine how with the plate up it would impact anything. Having it gives some of the flexibility that and stern drive has. I can't believe that a dealer would not order one for you.

Jerseydave
01-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I have a 2007 X-15 on order and was told by my dealer to avoid the trip tab as it distorts handling at higher speeds. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated. They will not order an X-15 with the trim tab.

Sounds like BS to me. I've owned boats with 2 trim tabs (one single I/O and one twin I/O). Trim tabs do not effect high speed handling when they are in the "up" position.

Order the boat with the tab........good option to have. It should help flatten out the wake and may even help control porpoising.

Michael Epp
01-31-2007, 03:15 PM
thanks for the comments!

32offer
05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Any idea if these are adaptable to a Prostar 197? I have an '02 model. They started adding a "hook" to the hull of the 03's and newer models to flatten the wakes. This "hook" is gelcoated into the back of the hull, so it is not adjustable. It also lowers the nose of the boat and makes it ride a little more harsh in rougher water conditions and crossing boat wakes. Would be nice to be able to adjust the angle when not skiing.

ProTour X9
05-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I/Os dont handle well in at high speeds anyways, but I don't see why it'd be affected

Timbo126
05-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I have an X-45 with the trim tab and it is a must have for crusing around. If I get going fast although the X-45 is a bit bigger then the X-15 the boat will start to porpousa bit but then once I lower the trim tab the nose of the boat lowers the wake flatens out and the boat runs smoothly across the water. No trouble with handling. It actually handles very good with the trim tab down. I highly recommend the trim tab.

JGMinano
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Wholeheartedly recommend the adj plate. We ordered it on our 07 X-2 at the suggestion of the dealer, and are very happy we did. Although it does flatten the wake out a bit, the real advantage is in crusing at slower speeds (18-24 mph), where it really brings the bow down. Also, have not noticed any decrease in handling.

rstitson
05-24-2007, 11:15 PM
After having it for a awhile, I do believe it does cause some instablity at high speeds (above) skiing speeds, making it simular to a "chine lock".... but the reality is that even with an outdrive you would adjust trim up at high speeds... I noticed this once in some significant chop and with the boat in an unbalanced load... so it might not be the acutal cause. I have also noticed this behavior in a stern drive if the bow is plowing too much at high speeds. In this case I had the trim tab all the way down and had momentarily forgotten to raise it when going to high speeds. I would in no way not order it with a boat as I believe it greatly enhances overall handling. I would agree that a slight application of the tab can enhance rough water handeling at moderately high speeds as the chop can introduce some porposing/jaring. I believe that for the x-15 the bow has a much more v shape than the stern and that the ride can be a bit smoother if you get the bow to cut the chop; when the bow is up the stern/flattened v takes a bit more pounding.

Jet
05-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I have a 2007 X15 with the trim tab and I am very happy with it. Just started to play with it, but not issues whatsoever.

I recommend it to get better value and an all-around cruising/wakeboard/ski boat.

dmayer84
05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Im waiting to hear about how much it would be to have it installed on my x10

boatdad
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM
We finally had the trim tab installed and the boat seems to handle fine at high speeds. The wake flattens out and better for skiing. Costly but worth the $$.