PDA

View Full Version : I found this comical... people comparing Chapparals to MC's

Sodar
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I found this article on the other forum I visit. They are trying to say that other skiboat manufacturers hold their value better than MC's and that a Chapparal is a better overall boat than the X-80... I don't know!

Just some funny reading if anyone is bored!!

Actually, as I read it a little further, people had some really nice things to say about MC. Woo Hoo!

http://hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137188

Danimal
01-23-2007, 10:46 AM
In the circles I run Mastercraft is considered a Bayliner.

HAHAHA This line kills me!!! What a tool.

Monte
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
What about the bayliner/MC remark? His group is smokin some serious stuff!! Funny

Sodar
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, some of the comments were out right dumb...

For the bayliner comment though, the next guy jumped all over it and said something like "well if you run around in a Sea Doo boat I guess a Bayliner would be considered a big step up ....as is a Mastercraft would be to most of the other Wakeboard boat brands..."

This guy jumper on it too...

"You have got to be kidding me!! What circle are you running in, and what type of boats do you guys have? Mastercraft has always been , and will remain, one of the best tournament boats built. I grew up water skiing competitively, working at ski schools, and doing demo days and I can safely say I have skied behind almost every single boat. We currently own an old Mastercraft and a newer Tige and I can tell you the Mastercraft is holding up a lot better and it is 15yrs older."

sanjuan23
01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
I absolutely love the resale comment. Let's see here. Humm W-T-F. I dare any other boats resale value to match that of MasterCraft. What an idiot. When was the last time someone got 14-19k for a 12-14 year old Bayliner?

chudson
01-23-2007, 11:24 AM
In the circles I run Mastercraft is considered a Bayliner.

( To be read in the voice of Thirston Howell III )"Oh Buffy dear would you run below deck and get some more champagne glasses to throw at the poor people on the shore, GAWD it's a bore being so rich sometimes"

Hope you get that ^, what a chump!!!

Sodar
01-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I will admit, these guys know there stuff about custom, high performance boats. You ask them about your Schiadas, Halletts, Cigarettes, Skaters, Ultras, DCBs or Eliminators... they will know! They just need a little help in the Towboat arena!!!! :D :D :D

trickskier
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
His screen name say's it all.....Trailer Park Casanova??? He probably lives in a 5th wheel and gives expert advice on EVERYTHING!:uglyhamme

TMCNo1
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
There must be a tunnel from Mexico to LV, bringing in some serious stuff for these guys to smoke!

Sodar
01-23-2007, 12:00 PM
His screen name say's it all.....Trailer Park Casanova??? He probably lives in a 5th wheel and gives expert advice on EVERYTHING!:uglyhamme

Yeah, he probably has a Double-Wide as a vacation house... but what you need to understand is that these double wides on the river are about the most expense trailers in the most expensive trailer parks in the country. See, along the Colorado River (which seperates California from AZ and NV) it is all Indian Land, so trailer parks lease the land from the Bureau of Land Managment and then lease it to the people in the trailer parks. So essentially, most of the people along the river on the California side own trailers that they spent $400k on, but do not own the land. Therefore, Trailer Park Cassanova is actually a funny joke when put into context. I am by no way defending these guys, just putting things into perspective so you guys can bash in a more educated manner!! :D 8p :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
A friend of ours boat a new 27' Chapparal last year. It's a good cruiser. I had trouble getting 3 skiers up on combos with it WOT... Otherwise it was good for the wakeboard and cruising.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
California side own trailers that they spent $400k on, but do not own the land.
You could have stopped with this.....

slink976
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I absolutely love the resale comment. Let's see here. Humm W-T-F. I dare any other boats resale value to match that of MasterCraft. What an idiot. When was the last time someone got 14-19k for a 12-14 year old Bayliner?

I can only talk from expierence, but I bought my 01 prostar 190 in 2002 for 22k (had 22 hours on it) and resold it in 2006 for 23k. I say thats some dang good resale value!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
ya....1400.00 maybe!!!!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
01-23-2007, 05:32 PM
I can only talk from expierence, but I bought my 01 prostar 190 in 2002 for 22k (had 22 hours on it) and resold it in 2006 for 23k. I say thats some dang good resale value!
in 1988 a new prostar was approx 21k. I sold the boat with 600 hrs on it in 2004 for 11.5k ( boat was cherry) find any boat in the 20 ft range 16 years old with more than half the value. if you find one it will probably be an mc!