PDA

View Full Version : pics of why my 190 is a "One of a kind mistake"

DooSPX
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM
when at the Southern MC owners reunion, Jim, Chuck, and others all varified that my boat is a One of a kind mistake...
upside HIN...
some have requested the pic a while ago, sorry for the wait...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/DooSPX/IMG_0044.jpg

X-45
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Time for some drug testing down at the plant.:rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
when at the Southern MC owners reunion, Jim, Chuck, and others all varified that my boat is a One of a kind mistake...
upside HIN...
some have requested the pic a while ago, sorry for the wait...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/DooSPX/IMG_0044.jpg

Thats a classic alright!

DooSPX
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
told ya skidog, I would get a pic eventually! LOL

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 08:47 PM
told ya skidog, I would get a pic eventually! LOL

I knew you had it in you!:D

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Time for some drug testing down at the plant.:rolleyes:

That was 16 years ago, that person is really FRIED by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: 8p :D

Hoosier Bob
01-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Are you sure that is not made for the Australian market? I hear tiolets go the wrong way too!;)

DooSPX
01-22-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL @ TMCNo1

Jerseydave
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Is that the hull # of a tfarcretsam? :D

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 09:49 PM
That boat automatically qualifies to go in the MasterCraft Museum, Hall of Fame, ProShop and Factory Outlet Center.

Jim@BAWS
01-22-2007, 10:04 PM
That boat automatically qualifies to go in the MasterCraft Museum, Hall of Fame, ProShop and Factory Outlet Center.

Right next to Crotty's

Slinkyredfoot
01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
How did ya get that boat to stand on its head anyway?
I wannna know...

DooSPX
01-22-2007, 10:26 PM
slinky, im superman! LOL

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Those numbers look Russian to me:cool: :confused:

milkmania
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Is that the hull # of a tfarcretsam? :D

bet that took you some doin'..........http://oklahomaforums.com/Smileys/default/24.gif

Monte
01-23-2007, 12:37 AM
that must have been some conversation...

Hey fred.. wahchis...

or: hurry the hell up Ed... beers a wait'n..

or: You got her to do whaaaaa??????

DooSPX
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
LOL, i personaly think that its kinda cool having a one of a kind, even if it is because the had the hull mold upside down when they stamped it. :)

TMCNo1
01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
LOL, i personaly think that its kinda cool having a one of a kind, even if it is because the had the hull mold upside down when they stamped it. :)

It's basically a reverse DYMO Label maker made for the marine industry for just this purpose and the label sticks to the mold and the image is then formed into the surface when the gelcoat is applied. When the hull is removed from the mold the label is removed, discarded and an new label is stuck on for the next hull to be built in that mold. The HIN is assigned to the production order prior to production.

SkiDog
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
It's basically a reverse DYMO Label maker made for the marine industry for just this purpose and the label sticks to the mold and the image is then formed into the surface when the gelcoat is applied. When the hull is removed from the mold the label is removed, discarded and an new label is stuck on for the next hull to be built in that mold. The HIN is assigned to the production order prior to production.

My Aching a$$ man, speak in laymen's terms! After all this IS TeamTalk!:D

SkiDog
01-23-2007, 06:49 PM

The powers at be have already contacted me about his replacement boat. As soon as the paperwork is complete, I gotta go pick up his new 197 from Vonore, deliver it, and take the one with the screwed up hull back to the museum! They are getting his boat's spot ready as we speak! Congrats Doo! You deserve it pal!:)

milkmania
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The powers at be have already contacted me about his replacement boat. As soon as the paperwork is complete, I gotta go pick up his new 197 from Vonore, deliver it, and take the one with the screwed up hull back to the museum! They are getting his boat's spot ready as we speak! Congrats Doo! You deserve it pal!:)

Where's Captain Gullible when you need him?:uglyhamme

SkiDog
01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Where's Captain Gullible when you need him?:uglyhamme

312 miles east of Vonore Tenn.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DooSPX
01-23-2007, 07:01 PM

HELL YEAH!!! SkiDog is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D LOL

DooSPX
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM

UM, yeah! so the lable was placed upside down? or the mold? im so confused :confused: :confused:

SkiDog
01-23-2007, 08:01 PM
HELL YEAH!!! SkiDog is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D LOL

Doo, I'll let you know as soon as I receive conformation about the switch. Should be sometime in the next few weeks. In the meantime, please detail your boat like you never have before.(It makes a good impression on the head honcho's at the factory, as well as keeping them from having to detail it!) When you finish detailing it, cover it, then take to Shoreline Marina to have it shrink wrapped. (I'll get directions for you this week.) After boat is shrink wrapped, notify me and I will send my driver to your location to pick it up so we can ready it for transportation to the Hall of fame in Vonore. BTW, I have seen pics of your new boat, and if I may say so myself, it's one bad muther! Also, when my driver picks up your boat, he will hand deliver to you, a gift certificate from BAWS, in the amount of $2500.00.(Jim has been very instrumental in this whole process) This is a small token of appreciation from the folks at the factory who could not be happier about getting back the one boat with the screwed up HIN. I'll be in touch next week, take care!

TMCNo1
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
UM, yeah! so the lable was placed upside down? or the mold? im so confused :confused: :confused:

Doo, who ever had the job of sticking the label on the mold, just stuck it on the mold upside down. On most molds today, there is another label to the right of the HIN that stays in the mold permantly that has the mold # on it.

TMCNo1
01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Doo, I'll let you know as soon as I receive conformation about the switch. Should be sometime in the next few weeks. In the meantime, please detail your boat like you never have before.(It makes a good impression on the head honcho's at the factory, as well as keeping them from having to detail it!) When you finish detailing it, cover it, then take to Shoreline Marina to have it shrink wrapped. (I'll get directions for you this week.) After boat is shrink wrapped, notify me and I will send my driver to your location to pick it up so we can ready it for transportation to the Hall of fame in Vonore. BTW, I have seen pics of your new boat, and if I may say so myself, it's one bad muther! Also, when my driver picks up your boat, he will hand deliver to you, a gift certificate from BAWS, in the amount of $2500.00.(Jim has been very instrumental in this whole process) This is a small token of appreciation from the folks at the factory who could not be happier about getting back the one boat with the screwed up HIN. I'll be in touch next week, take care!

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

And you call me a whacko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trick, Skidog has been peacock chasing too long now, it's time we got together in GA, and we can get that peacock and you can get your case of beer!

DooSPX
01-23-2007, 09:58 PM
skidog, you have done more than seen PICS of my boat, you have seen my boat at the reunion. gees, get it right man! :rolleyes: :cool: :uglyhamme

DooSPX
01-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Doo, who ever had the job of sticking the label on the mold, just stuck it on the mold upside down. On most molds today, there is another label to the right of the HIN that stays in the mold permantly that has the mold # on it.

Thanks Harold! ;)

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
skidog, you have done more than seen PICS of my boat, you have seen my boat at the reunion. gees, get it right man!

I know! I know! Listen, I just want you to have that boat spit shined so when it gets to the MC hall of Fame/outlet center, that it'll be the cleanest one there! Thats all. After all is said & done, its gonna be Harold that will make the speech about the upside down HIN! He's the ONLY one that knows ahy these things happen!:confused: :D

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
skidog, you have done more than seen PICS of my boat, you have seen my boat at the reunion. gees, get it right man!

I know! I know! Listen, I just want you to have that boat spit shined so when it gets to the MC hall of Fame/outlet center, that it'll be the cleanest one there! Thats all. After all is said & done, its gonna be Harold that will make the speech about the upside down HIN! He's the ONLY one that knows why these things happen!:confused: :D

DooSPX
01-25-2007, 08:16 PM
LMAO @ skidog

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
LMAO @ skidog

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we all invited to the Hall of Fame CERAMONY? wE'LL all BE HURT IF WE DON'T GET INVITED!

Slinkyredfoot
01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
LMAO @ skidog

Let me in on the secret..what does LMAO mean?

DooSPX
01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
laugh my a$$ off

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I know! I know! After all is said & done, its gonna be Harold that will make the speech about the upside down HIN! He's the ONLY one that knows why these things happen!

That hull was probably being gelcoated the day we visited the plant and was taking our usual self guided tour and I distracted the label dude, talking junk!:rolleyes: :D 8p Probably my bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You never know?

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Let me in on the secret..what does LMAO mean?

Laughing My Azz Off! Sorry I missed the above post!