PDA

View Full Version : Ski Nautique 176

kjohnson
01-06-2005, 09:25 AM
OK guys, don't rag me to bad about this. A friend has a small garage and is looking at a 1996 Ski Nautique 176 (1.5' shorter than the normal Nautique). Does anyone have any experience skiing behind one of these? Is the wake flat? etc...

ski_king
01-06-2005, 10:53 AM
I know someone that has one, but I never skied behind it. The owner claims the wake is better then the 196 (or whatever the standard boat number is) as the boat is smaller an lighter.
It looks to be a nice smaller boat. I do know that because of its smaller size and weight top end is near 50.

Hey, I did a look up on correct crafts and stumbled into a nice referance page (http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/) of old literature. I wish the download section of this site had as much info on it.

east tx skier
01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Never skied behind one, but have heard that they're good for wakeboarding due to the shorter length.

/I got nuthin'

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I've got a friend with one and ski behind it on occasion. The wake is good but I don't think it is as flat as those behind a 196 -TSC or TSC2 ( I also have friends with both models and ski with them as well). The boat is quite a bit more cramped for space as I think most of the shortening takes place on the interior or the boat. I've also noticed the ride is quite harsh when crossing chop when compared to the 196 hulls or my MC 190.