PDA

View Full Version : CAROLINA SPRING MADNESS, the Official thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Carolina Spring Madness
May 10, 11, 12, and 13, 2007
Lake Wiley, NC/SC

-This will be the Official Thread/Post for the event, edited as necessary to update the information.
-Open to Mastercraft Boat Owners, and their friends and families for the 4 days, come and go as you please, stay where you choose and eat where you please. I know a few families will want to attend Carowinds Amusement Park which is open on weekends that time of year. We realize this is Mothers Day weekend and those who need to leave early for that reason can do so. A lot of owners will be departing late Sat. and Sunday anyway.

The following activities and services are planned,
-MYMC's pier will be the gathering point each day.
-ALL watersports activities can be a free for all, you do what you want.
-MYMC is providing a catered lunch on Saturday the 12th. 11:00am to 3:00pm (RO's Bar-B-Q)
-MYMC has booked the band "Cherry Bomb" for Saturday 8:00pm to 11:00PM, with Snacks, Soft drinks and Water for the attendees. Alcoholic beverages are BYOB!!!!!!!
-Commerative T-shirts are being worked on by Skidog and JohnE. Contact JohnE by pm with the number of T-shirts you want so they can plan on the amount to order!!!!!!!!!
-MYMC is planning on a raft-up session and a helicopter picture flyover.
-MYMC will have slalom course available May 10, 11, 12, and 13
-2 Porta-Potties will be available @MYMC's place.
-MC Team Skiers including Maeghan Major, Zane Schwenk, Wade Cox, are attending on behalf of MC, along with,
------April Coble Eller and husband Chris will be holding a Womens (only) Clinic on Friday the 11th, covering everything imaginable, from boat launching/loading to skiing, boarding and boat driving.
------Chris Eller and Dana Reed, World Record Drivers, will also be holding Driving and Perfect Pass Clinics on Friday the 11th for the guys and gals.
-MasterCraft Northeast Regional Sales Rep, Norm Kraus and family will be attending.
-Eddie Beverly, HO/Hyperlite will be there to assist attendees

-Public launch ramps are available at the Copperhead Island Campgrounds/Park and Buster Boyds, within 7 miles of motels.
-Directions* are posted below, on how to get to MYMC's dock from the water. Mastercraft Banners will be displayed on his property.
-MYMC will be sending event notifications to his MC customers.
-Bring your boat, but if you can't, there will be plenty there.
!!!!!!Closest boat gas to MYMC is @ Harbor Town Marina, 10 minutes away on the SW side of the lake, on Left side of the lake traveling North and on the Right side going South.

*Accomodations, Motels @ Paramount Carowinds, Camping, Copperhead Island Park, link, http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm , Bed & Breakfasts are available. Google "Paramount Carowinds" and links to motels, maps, etc are in links on their site, by several discount on-line travels websites. IMPORTANT, see Post #122.
*Carowinds Blvd intersects I-77, Exit 90, South Of Charlotte, NC near the NC/SC border. Use Google Earth and www.local.live.com to locate maps, Insert "Paramounts Carowinds".
*LAKE MAPS Go to www.dukepower.com/lakes, left side column click "Facts and Maps", left side column, click "Lake Wiley" and copy access areas (4 pages), right side column, click on "Download Map" and copy entire lake map (2 pages). Once you have downloaded maps and you have any questions as we near the event, pm me your phone# and I will call you to help!
*On the Duke Power, Lake Wiley map, Upper (NC) section MYMC's place is 4 miles past South Point Access Area (on left) in the long cove on the right where the lake forks. On the map it is the long cove west of State Road 1150, off State Road 1155 and 1184.
Buster Boyd Access Area and Copperhead Access Area are the 2 most practical launch ramps for travel by water to MYMC's place. Mike says it's a 15-20 minute ride at average speed from these ramps to his place.

You can also check this thread for additional info, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12008

We need to know who will be attending and the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your party. Post here on this thread or PM TMCNo1 or Monte72 with that information. (Headcount is needed for the catering lunch Saturday) Please inform us ASAP!

I will update this post as information changes and persons attending notify us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep a check here, thanks!

Those that have notified us that they are attending.
>MYMC (min 3)............................(Lives there)
>Monte72 (10).............................(Victorian Cottage B&B)
>TMCNo1 (5)...............................(Best Western)
>trickskier (8)..............................(Embassy Suites)
>Shepherd (2).............................(Embassy Suites)
>Skidog (2) and...(1) Pet Peacock!(Best Western)
>Jmatt15 (5)................................(Staying with family in Charlotte)
>Cary K (2)..................................(No boat, Sat. only)
>Cousin Jeff (4)............................(Best Western)
>D3skier (3)
>fresh pizza guy (2)
>Jesus freak (2)
>Doug G (4)................................(Plaza Hotel)
>yellowmc78 (4)..........................(Sat. only)
>big2l4u (2)
>JBeckom (2)..............................(Local)
>KnoxX2 (1)................................(Fri. only)
>Matt Church (1)
>JohnE (3)..................................(Victorian Cottage B&B)
>DBR (4)....................................(Best Western)
>90dannyf (4).............................(local)
>agrafitti (5)...............................(local, Greenville, SC)
>DaveBF200 (4)..........................(local, Greenville, SC)
>H20skeefreek (1).......................(Sat. only, SC)
>Hammer (5)..............................(Sat. only, local)
>sbkuhn (5)................................(Sat. only, local)
>RiverRatsN.LkWylie (6)...............(local)
>Pilot02 (5)
>84 stars-n-stripes (2?)................(local)
>tghenderson (5).........................(Sat. only, local)

>Zane Schwenk (1) (MC Team Skier)(Fri.&Sat)
>Wade Cox (1) (MC Team Skier)(Fri.&Sat.)
>Norm Kraus (4) (MasterCraft NE Regional Sales Rep.)(Thur.,Fri., Sat.&Sunday)
>Eddie Beverly (1) (HO/Hyperlite)(Fri.&Sat.)

>April Coble Eller and Chris Eller and Dana Reed (Friday only Clinics)
__________________________________________________ _______Tentative, 30+ boats, 118 attendees.

Let's have some fun with our MasterCrafts!

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM
It wouldn't be a certified MC event if the UMP is not there!:D

djhuff
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Should be there with the wife. Working on some others as well.

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Skidog, you gonna be there? How many in your party?

H20skeefreek
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
We'll see, but I doubt it, my wife is due May 31, so it's cutting it kinda close.

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Skidog, you gonna be there? How many in your party?

Count on 15-20! I'm gonna bring half of Land-O-Lakes! I hope! Sounds like the good ole Mag mania might not happen this year according to that other thread if it's correct. I was kinda thinking about goin to that one, but this might be more up my alley! You don't mind if I bring my video camera do you?!:D Those S.C. Girls Gone Wild can be SOMETHING ELSE! And The N.C. girls, well, they are off the chart!!!!!!!!:D

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Count on 15-20! I'm gonna bring half of Land-O-Lakes! I hope! Sounds like the good ole Mag mania might not happen this year according to that other thread if it's correct. I was kinda thinking about goin to that one, but this might be more up my alley! You don't mind if I bring my video camera do you?!:D Those S.C. Girls Gone Wild can be SOMETHING ELSE! And The N.C. girls, well, they are off the chart!!!!!!!!:D

:uglyhamme Bring the camera crew and I'll put you down for 20 and if it changes up or down let me know!

Mag_Red
01-22-2007, 06:25 PM
:uglyhamme Bring the camera crew and I'll put you down for 20 and if it changes up or down let me know! I might have to drive down for this one. Hey Harold, can I get a pull behind your boat if I bring ya some 2000 grit???:D

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I might have to drive down for this one. Hey Harold, can I get a pull behind your boat if I bring ya some 2000 grit???:D

Hey Mag, with avatars like yours, you deserve to be pulled by "The Extractor"!:D

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I might have to drive down for this one. Hey Harold, can I get a pull behind your boat if I bring ya some 2000 grit???:D

Anytime Mag and I'll supply the binding soap!:D Just let us know!

Chief
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Carolina Spring Madness
May 10, 11, 12, and 13, 2007
Lake Wiley, NC/SC

-This will be the Official Thread/Post for the event, edited as necessary to update the information.
-Open to Mastercraft Boat Owners, and their friends and families for the 4 days, come and go as you please, stay where you choose and eat where you please. I know a few families will want to attend Carowinds Amusement Park which is open on weekends that time of year. We realize this is Mothers Day weekend and those who need to leave early for that reason can do so. A lot of owners will be departing late Sat. and Sunday anyway.

The following activities and services are tentitive,
-MYMC's pier will be the gathering point each day.
-ALL watersports activities can be a free for all, you do what you want.
-MYMC is planning on a catered lunch on Saturday the 12th.
-MYMC is planning on a raft-up session and a helicopter picture flyover.
-MYMC will have slalom course available May 10, 11, 12, and 13
-2 Porta-Potties will be available @MYMC's place.
-MC Team Skiers including Maeghan Major, are being contacted to attend on behalf of MC.
-MasterCraft Factory Personnel are being contacted to attend along with their support.
-Public launch ramps are available at the Campgrounds/Park and within 7 miles of motels.
-Maps of the lake will be posted on how to get to MYMC's dock.
-MYMC will be sending event notifications to his MC customers.
-Bring your boat, but if you can't, there will be plenty there.

*Accomodations, Motels @ Paramount Carowinds, Camping (Copperhead Island Park), Bed & Breakfasts are available. Google "Paramount Carowinds" and links to motels, maps, etc are in links on their site, by several discount on-line travels websites.
*Carowinds Blvd intersects I-77 south Of Charlotte, NC near the NC/SC border. Use Google Earth and www.local.live.com (http://www.local.live.com) to locate maps, Insert "Paramounts Carowinds".

You can also check this thread for additional info, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12008

We need to know who will be attending and the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your party. Post here on this thread or PM TMCNo1 or Monte72 with that information. (Headcount is needed for the catering) Please inform us ASAP!

Those who are attending. (Tentative)
>MYMC (min 3)
>Monte72 (4)
>TMCNo1 (2) and..........................................(1)pe acock trap!
>trickskier (4)
>LakePirate ?
>jrandol ?
>Skidog (20) and...........................................(1) Pet Peacock!
>Jmatt15 ?
>djhuff (2)
>pilot02 ?
>Cary K ?
>Cousin Jeff (2)
>D3skier ?
>fresh pizza guy (2)
>Jesus freak ?
>richardsoncd ?
>Doug G (2)
>jcrosby150 (3)
>yellowmc78 ?

Let's have some fun with our MasterCrafts!

Put me in for three max.

SkiDog
01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Put me in for three max.

OK, JC, its on now!:D

Mag_Red
01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Anytime Mag and I'll supply the binding soap!:D Just let us know!
I'm afraid I'd slide right off that platform and break my neck:D

Mag_Red
01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey Mag, with avatars like yours, you deserve to be pulled by "The Extractor"!:DShe was just a one day stand;) , but I just might take you up on the offer:D

TMCNo1
01-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm afraid I'd slide right off that platform and break my neck:D

I'll make sure you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monte
01-22-2007, 10:20 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Good job on the thread #1:cool:

Monte
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM

HB needs in on this deal to:cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

BrianM
01-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Man I wish this was later in the season so I could make it (Fall Madness!). We just have way to much going on in the spring and early summer this year to make another 4-5 day trip. Sounds like a great time. Maybe next year.

Jesus_Freak
01-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the excellent summary. Please put me down for 2.

Monte
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the excellent summary. Please put me down for 2.

Nice to have you aboard.... I'm sure Harold will get it updated when the hives go away!!:D :D

TMCNo1
01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Done been did, I check the lastest posts everytime I come on and update POST#1 to keep it current.

Jmatt15
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
There will definitely be 2 of us and maybe 3. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Monte
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Done been did, I check the lastest posts everytime I come on and update POST 1 to keep it current.

You da Man:D :D

trickskier
01-24-2007, 09:57 PM
When is everyone planning on arriving? Friday or Saturday?

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
When is everyone planning on arriving? Friday or Saturday?

starts thursday, I'm gettin there Friday AM early early 6ish fo glass:cool: :cool:

trickskier
01-24-2007, 10:07 PM
My plans are to be there Friday early afternoon.

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:10 PM
My plans are to be there Friday early afternoon.

The earlier the better, It's gonna be a heck of a bash!!!:D You still planning to stay at the B&B?

trickskier
01-24-2007, 10:16 PM
The earlier the better, It's gonna be a heck of a bash!!!:D You still planning to stay at the B&B?
Probably not.......Thinking of staying at the Embassy Suites. I talked to Mike and he said that's not far from his house.

Mag_Red
01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I was actually thinking about making this shin-dig but I just found out May 12th is the date of my daughter's Senior Prom:cry:

trickskier
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I was actually thinking about making this shin-dig but I just found out May 12th is the date of my daughter's Senior Prom:cry:
Some things are far more important. Hope she has a great time.

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM

Now that sucks... You ain't got much choice... If you came... the party would be at your house.... Unless that is you can find one heck of a House sitter

Mag_Red
01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Now that sucks... You ain't got much choice... If you came... the party would be at your house.... Unless that is you can find one heck of a House sitterThat's funny you say that as my daughter just said.........."go on down Dad.....it's just a dance.....and all you do is take a few pictures and then I'm gone." :) Don't ya just luv kids???

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:32 PM
That's funny you say that as my daughter just said.........."go on down Dad.....it's just a dance.....and all you do is take a few pictures and then I'm gone." :) Don't ya just luv kids???

All the while at School psst psst "mag's daugter"'s dad is out of town.

Get the old blue hair from down the street to guard against all intruders...;)

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Are we going Bob? Never heard anyone say, "two bob's are not better than one!" I'll be in charge of parking!:o That's funny you say that as my daughter just said.........."go on down Dad.....it's just a dance.....and all you do is take a few pictures and then I'm gone." :) Don't ya just luv kids???

Mag_Red
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Are we going Bob? Never heard anyone say, "two bob's are not better than one!" I'll be in charge of parking!:oYou wana go?? Can you say ROAD TRIP! I'll just change all the locks on the house before I leave...........that'll fix her:D

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
You wana go?? Can you say ROAD TRIP! I'll just change all the locks on the house before I leave...........that'll fix her:D

That's tha spirit!!!!:D

trickskier
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
You wana go?? Can you say ROAD TRIP! I'll just change all the locks on the house before I leave...........that'll fix her:D
She'll probably lock her keys in her car anyway.....:uglyhamme

Sorry had to throw that one in...8p

Mag_Red
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
She'll probably lock her keys in her car anyway.....:uglyhamme

Sorry had to throw that one in...8pjust signed up for AAA.......free lock service;)

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Are you also "Coors Light?" That is some good memory! You goin' Trick?:confused: She'll probably lock her keys in her car anyway.....:uglyhamme

Sorry had to throw that one in...8p

Monte
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Are you also "Coors Light?" That is some good memory! You goin' Trick?:confused:

Lurkers............... hell you said it yourself HB "I was here a year before my first post"

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey I just got AA!8p just signed up for AAA.......free lock servive;)

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey I just got AA!8p

You bought American Airlines? HB"s treat to CSM!:D :D ;)

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Alcoholics anonomosomething!

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Alcoholics anonomosomething!

HB the only 12 steps we need to be talking about are thse 12 steps to CSM:D :D :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I would go with Mag! Mag/Bob is one of the best friends I have here. He supports me even when he knows it is ME! Jump on that grenade if you want to but Bob is one of the big reasons I am here! I am here to say I LOVE BOB! BOB IS COOL, BOB COMPLETES ME! Screw the cowbell, we need more BOB!

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I would go with Mag! Mag/Bob is one of the best friends I have here. He supports me even when he knows it is ME! Jump on that grenade if you want to but Bob is one of the big reasons I am here! I am here to say I LOVE BOB! BOB IS COOL, BOB COMPLETES ME! Screw the cowbell, we need more BOB!

NO HAMMOCKS!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh, We are hammocking whether you like it or not!8p NO HAMMOCKS!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh, We are hammocking whether you like it or not!8p

Mag........ I'm afraid for you...........

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
There cannot be a threeway without a Montay!8p 8p

Jesus_Freak
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh, We are hammocking whether you like it or not!8p

When I agreed to go to this, I am not sure that I knew what I was committing to. :confused: :o

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
There cannot be a threeway without a Montay!8p 8p

I HAVE NO RESPONSE:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ROTFLMAO

Hoosier Bob
01-24-2007, 11:40 PM
First off I did not know you agreed. Happy yes but not really ready for the calling of my bluff! Let's just say the hammock beats the floor and nothing more my religeous and self centering brother!;)

Monte
01-24-2007, 11:49 PM
First off I did not know you agreed. Happy yes but not really ready for the calling of my bluff! Let's just say the hammock beats the floor and nothing more my religeous and self centering brother!;)

No truly Rolling on the floor laughing my arse off..... thas some funny ****!

yo arse betta be ready fo me!!

Jesus_Freak
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
yo arse betta be ready fo me!!

Is this directed to mine or HB's?

Monte
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Is this directed to mine or HB's?

Well, now that is a tough one to field. mmmmmmmmmmm Hmm whataya do???????????????? My wife would probably get pretty pissed with either one!!! dang them good lookin women!!!!

Jesus_Freak
01-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Which day or block of time will CSM be G rated? :D

Monte
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM

Most of the time I'm pretty sure:rolleyes: I like to go out early:cool: but if HB can make it I'll make at least one late night;)

trickskier
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Are you also "Coors Light?" That is some good memory! You goin' Trick?:confused:
No HB, I like fully leaded BUDWEISER & of course Cutty & H2o. Yes, I hope to be there.

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
We are planning on arriving on Thursday, 10th evening or Friday, 11th morning, just don't know till we make reservations. Right now we are planning on staying at the Best Western Carowinds, 229 Carowinds Blvd. Fort Mill, SC 29708-6203

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I have updated POST #1 with info on the lake maps. If you have any questions please ask me, I'll be glad to help.

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I have updated POST #1 with info on the lake maps. If you have any questions please ask me, I'll be glad to help

Can I bring the PEACOCK?:confused:

trickskier
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
When are you planning on leaving Dog?

SkiDog
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
When are you planning on leaving Dog?
Tomorrow, if I can catch that damn bird! Seriously, we'll have to follow each other if we can leave around the same time.

trickskier
01-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Tomorrow, if I can catch that damn bird! Seriously, we'll have to follow each other if we can leave around the same time.
Right now I'm planning on leaving EARLY Friday morning the 11th. We are staying at the Embassy Suites on Tryon.

trickskier
01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
We also need to hookup with jcrosby.........Anyone else from the Jacksonville area planning on attending????

Chief
01-25-2007, 08:14 PM
We also need to hookup with jcrosby.........Anyone else from the Jacksonville area planning on attending????

Tricky give

Chief
01-25-2007, 08:15 PM

Tricky give me the number for the hotel and I will call and make reservations for the wife and I.

TMCNo1
01-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Only if the some beach is dead! He ain't flyin' over my boat and tattooin' it!:D Fried chicken crumbs, mayonnaise, tomato's and slobber in a rain storm, but no bird bullets!

trickskier
01-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Tricky give me the number for the hotel and I will call and make reservations for the wife and I.
I'll call you tomorrow

TMCNo1
01-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Keep the number of people in your party coming and if your name is on the list and you can't come, please PM me or post it here, so I can remove it, thanks!

Monte
01-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Keep the number of people in your party coming and if your name is on the list and you can't come, please PM me or post it here, so I can remove it, thanks!

I'm goin.... You???

Monte
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Anybody up for camping on the lake at copperhead island? (name isn't real inviting is it?) ??

SkiDog
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Harold, you DO know that I'm not bringing 20 people don't you?! I will try to get a head count soon. Whats the water temp gonna be at that time of year? Any ideas.

Monte
01-27-2007, 09:39 PM
double post early

Monte
01-27-2007, 09:41 PM
My guess: H2O temp 60-65 air probably upper 70's low 80's...

TMCNo1
01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Harold, you DO know that I'm not bringing 20 people don't you?! I will try to get a head count soon. Whats the water temp gonna be at that time of year? Any ideas.

I got you posted for 20 or 1378, I don't remember!8p
The water temp will be low enough to keep your hot butt cool !:D Just bring a body condom just in case!:rolleyes:
No straight answers out of me tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monte
01-27-2007, 09:50 PM
!:D Just bring a body condom just in case!:rolleyes:
!

Didn't they have those in the Naked Gun 2 1/2?

TMCNo1
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Didn't they have those in the Naked Gun 2 1/2?

Skidog will buy the DVD and bring it with him thinking that will work! :rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I got you posted for 20 or 1378, I don't remember!8p
The water temp will be low enough to keep your hot butt cool !:D Just bring a body condom just in case!:rolleyes:
No straight answers out of me tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll have ta go on a google search to find out what I needs to know. I'm changing #1's handle to "WACKO", starting tonight!:D

TMCNo1
02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I guess I'll have ta go on a google search to find out what I needs to know. I'm changing #1's handle to "WACKO", starting tonight!:D

Wacko bumping it to the front page.

SkiDog
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Wacko bumping it to the front page.
Harold, he's back! Will post pic shortly!:D

D3skier
02-02-2007, 07:24 PM
I'll be there with my wife and 6 mo old daughter :)

TMCNo1
02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I'll be there with my wife and 6 mo old daughter :)
Got you down, thanks!

Monte
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Bump.........................

SkiDog
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Harold, I talked to a couple of my Land - o - Lakes guys yesterday. They MIGHT be a coming! Crotty, Mark Vance.....Still need to get in touch with Splatter!

TMCNo1
02-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Just talked to big2l4u and he and his wife in Charlotte will be attending and I have edited and added them to post #1.

TMCNo1
02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Updated POST #1 today!

Monte
02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I have discovered that camping on the islands is legal on the SC end of the lake. Might be a slight boat ride to the main event, but thats why towlines were created... ride all day... campfire after the festivities.. Buds and Mrs's.. I've got ten coming.. If anybody else wants to do the camping thing. Let me know!!

Doug G
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Lock me in for 4. Got the wife, son and brother coming with. Where's the hotel of choice with the least drive time to the water and a bar / restaurant? Will be arriving sometime on Thurs and departing when the spirit moves on Sunday.

Monte
02-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Lock me in for 4. Got the wife, son and brother coming with. Where's the hotel of choice with the least drive time to the water and a bar / restaurant? Will be arriving sometime on Thurs and departing when the spirit moves on Sunday.

Good deal.. Harold will add your name to the list first thing in the AM I'm sure. He posted some links to the nearest hotels in the first post. That is also where he posts the folks who are planning to make it. He pretty much edits post #1 daily....

Doug G
02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah saw the info on post 1. just wonder if one is perculating up as a common spot?

Monte
02-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Mike's place is really gonna be the common spot, but cruisin down after the festivities there won't bother me in the least!!

Hoosier Bob
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM
So which is it NC or SC? Myrtle beach or Nags Head? Indiana needs some answers!

Monte
02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Lake wylie is on the border of NC and SC 10 to 20 mi SE of Charlotte... There is a NC side.. It is illegal to camp on their islands, but the SC side says it is AOK:) 4hrs from Myrtle 6hrs to Nags Head:mad: two seconds to H2O;)

TMCNo1
02-10-2007, 09:19 AM

Doug G, got you changed this am. Lynn and I will be staying at the Best Western on Carowinds Blvd. It's everyones choice as to where they stay. There are B&B's, motels, camping everywhere close. There are restaurants, bars, shopping centers, gas, convience stores and the like everywhere around and on the way to the water. It's roughly 7 miles+/- to the water from the fartherest exceptable lodging in the area. www.local.live.com, google earth and the Duke Power lake map is your best friend as noted in post #1. I will add additional info as we near the event and just added directions to MYMC's place from the water. If you have ANY problems, PM me your Phone # and I will be glad to walk anyone thru anything they need. I'm here to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Skidog, where do you sleep in that barge?????????????
Why are you always hiding behind the tower, bimini or windshield? I need your flex pose for my desktop background!

JBeckom
02-10-2007, 10:20 PM
We will stop by and visit....Jim and Tammy Beckom

TMCNo1
02-10-2007, 10:35 PM
We will stop by and visit....Jim and Tammy Beckom

Anytime, I added you and the wife to the list. Will you be coming with a boat or by boat?
Banking IT huh, do you know anyone with the last name Dowell working in Charlotte in Banking IT and living in Fort Mill?

SkiDog
02-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Anytime, I added you and the wife to the list. Will you be coming with a boat or by boat?
Banking IT huh, do you know anyone with the last name Dowell working in Charlotte in Banking IT and living in Fort Mill?
They are coming BECAUSE of boat!:D

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
They are coming BECAUSE of boat!:D

What you? Your coming because of the potential of seeing females in small swimsuits, I know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D 8p

SkiDog
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
What you? Your coming because of the potential of seeing females in small swimsuits, I know you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D 8p
Yea, and I'm sure that nobody would object if I brought mine own!

MYMC
02-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Just confirmed that April Coble will be doing a Womens (only) clinic on Friday which will include everything from putting the boat in the water with the trailer, driving the course, skiing etc...

Just another reason to join us! Free time with MasterCraft Pro skier and one of the nicest people you will ever meet April Coble!

André
02-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Just confirmed that April Coble will be doing a Womens (only) clinic on Friday which will include everything from putting the boat in the water with the trailer, driving the course, skiing etc...

Just another reason to join us! Free time with MasterCraft Pro skier and one of the nicest people you will ever meet April Coble!
Wow! Nice guest!
Almost enough to get a sex change and be there...;)

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Thanks Mike, I updated Post #1 to add them to the list and announced their clinic.
I have talked to April twice and she is so excited about them coming.

shepherd
02-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Yea, and I'm sure that nobody would object if I brought mine own!

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet, but if skidog is coming with his own small swimsuit I may have to pass! :eek: ;)

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet, but if skidog is coming with his own small swimsuit I may have to pass! :eek: ;)

Yea, especially if he wears the top!:eek:

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Just talking to the wife and we are thinking about going to spring Madness. Just wondering if this is a family event? I have 3 kids and they all wakeboard ( at least my 10 and 7 year old do, my 5 year old is still working on it. We plan on having her up this year) Is everyone camping? Will there be others there with familys? Just don't want to show up with kids and be the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Just talking to the wife and we are thinking about going to spring Madness. Just wondering if this is a family event? I have 3 kids and they all wakeboard ( at least my 10 and 7 year old do, my 5 year old is still working on it. We plan on having her up this year) Is everyone camping? Will there be others there with familys? Just don't want to show up with kids and be the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is welcome, as a matter of fact, most of the owners attending will be there with their families. No one will be excluded, unless you are a peacock that is afraid of the water!
Some may be coming for just a day, some, like us will be staying at motels near Paramount Carowinds, some in motels farther away, some will be camping and there are also a Bed and Breakfast or 2 in the area. Check out Post #1 for all updated info. If you need any help. pm me your Phone # and I will call you and help.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks TMCNo1.

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks TMCNo1.
I just updated Post #1 to include a link to Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Dept. for Copperhead Island Campgrounds http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm. You will have to get reservations, but a phone# is included on the website link for that purpose. Campground also has 2 nice big seperate launch ramps and parking lots.

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks TMCNo1.

Should I add you to the tentative list of those attending? 5 total?

Mag_Red
02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
You might want to pencil in Me and Hoosier Bob;) So where's the majority of people staying at??? I won't be bringing the 209 though :(

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
You might want to pencil in Me and Hoosier Bob;) So where's the majority of people staying at??? I won't be bringing the 209 though :(

Is it just you 2 or will others be coming with you. Not many have stated where they will stay, but we are staying at the Best Western. Here is more info on BW, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=292671&postcount=59

Mag_Red
02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Is it just you 2 or will others be coming with you. Not many have stated where they will stay, but we are staying at the Best Western.Cousin Dave may come also..........I'll have to work on Bob though...........took me two years to get him to Cumberland:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Cousin Dave may come also..........I'll have to work on Bob though...........took me two years to get him to Cumberland:rolleyes:
:uglyhamme Just keep me informed, I'll put you in for now. I gave additional info on Best Western in above post. But there are more motels if you want, per Post #1.

Jesus_Freak
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
TMCNO1, you are doing an excellent job with this organizing effort.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I just updated Post #1 to include a link to Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Dept. for Copperhead Island Campgrounds http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Activities/Outdoors/Camping.htm. You will have to get reservations, but a phone# is included on the website link for that purpose. Campground also has 2 nice big seperate launch ramps and parking lots.

Entire Island Rental:
Entire Island rental includes Picnic Shelter (80 person capacity), 6 Rent-a-Tent sites, Volleyball Court, and Horseshoe Pits
Weekend/Holiday
County resident $290
Non-County resident $435
Weekday
County resident $235
Non-County resident $355

Wonder if anyone is intrested in doing this. Could be cheper?

Also how far is this camp site from MYMC,s place?

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 01:26 PM

MYMC's place is on the North end of the lake (See Post #1 for link to lake maps), about 25 minutes by water from Copperhead Campground and Buster Boyd Access area (across lake from each other). Most everyone will be launching from this area. Got you added to the attendee list.

Monte
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
TMCNO1, you are doing an excellent job with this organizing effort.

Yes he is!!!!!!!!!:)

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes he is!!!!!!!!!:)
Ya'll working me to death, but it's for ya'll and it's fun too, thanks!

It's giving me the exercises to enable me to fine tune my sputer skills??????????????:rolleyes: 8p ;)

Mag_Red
02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Any reason we can't pitch a tent in Mike's back yard??? I'm sure his neighbors wouldn't mind. When I throw a shin-dig, everyone is with-in walking distance. 8p

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Motel Update!
I just made reservations for CSM @ the Best Western, 229 Carowinds Blvd., Fort Mill, SC, 29708-6203, phone # 1-803-548-8400 for reservations or on-line.
They are booking up fast and are booked up the weekend before for a special event and the following weekends because of the NASCAR racing @ Charlotte. The motel has 50 rooms and they know we are coming, because I talked to the manager and group sales. They cannot block any rooms because I or we are not a corporation that would require a contract. So, get your rooms now if you want to stay there. It will be the same way for the other motels.
Carowinds Blvd. is at EXIT 90 on I-77. Most of the motels are on Foothills Way, across Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the North and on the left on Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the South once you turn onto Carowinds Blvd. and go under I-77.

Mag_Red
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Motel Update!
I just made reservations for CSM @ the Best Western, 229 Carowinds Blvd., Fort Mill, SC, 29708-6203, phone # 1-803-548-8400 for reservations or on-line.
They are booking up fast and are booked up the weekend before for a special event and the following weekends because of the NASCAR racing @ Charlotte. The motel has 50 rooms and they know we are coming, because I talked to the manager and group sales. They cannot block any rooms because I or we are not a corporation that would require a contract. So, get your rooms now if you want to stay there. It will be the same way for the other motels.
Carowinds Blvd. is at EXIT 90 on I-77. Most of the motels are on Foothills Way, across Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the North and on the left on Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the South once you turn onto Carowinds Blvd.OK ......How far is the boat dock from that motel and how far from Mike's place?? Any idea how many are camping at the camp grounds?? I could probably borrow my Dad's class A

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 04:15 PM
OK ......How far is the boat dock from that motel and how far from Mike's place?? Any idea how many are camping at the camp grounds?? I could probably borrow my Dad's class A

Boat ramps are at Copperhead Island Campgrounds and across the lake at Buster Boyd Access Area, from motels, ramps are approx. 7 miles away and it is about a 25 minute boat ride from the boat ramps to MYMC's place. Not sure about how many are camping, but it sounds like a family or 2.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Any one know what the wather is like there in early May? I am thinking of Tent camping! I plan on bringing the Boat.....

trickskier
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Knox, right now I will be bringing my wife & two kids: daughter 17 & son 15. I may let my kids bring a friend each if their parents will let them miss a day of school.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Cool! Thanks Trick Nice to know that other familys will be there not to mention other Gator Fans!!!!!!!!

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Trick are you planing on camping?

Hoosier Bob
02-13-2007, 09:53 PM
If we drink enough we can sleep anywhere! I slept in my trucks front seat at MM! If not for Dave's snoring I would have been fine!:D OK ......How far is the boat dock from that motel and how far from Mike's place?? Any idea how many are camping at the camp grounds?? I could probably borrow my Dad's class A

trickskier
02-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Trick are you planing on camping?
No, I'm not the adventurous anymore. I have reservations at the Embassy Suites on Tryon in Charlotte. According to MYMC it's not far from the ramp.

KnoxX2
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Trick are you bringing your boat?

trickskier
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Absolutely...............

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Any one know what the wather is like there in early May? I am thinking of Tent camping! I plan on bringing the Boat.....

By that time, highs in mid to high 70's, maybe 80 and nights in the high 40's to mid 50's. Good sleeping bags and blankets would be required probably. Water temps would not require a drysuit but would require a wetsuit or at least a shorty if your bold, with water temps around 65 to 70 degrees IIRC.

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 08:58 AM
water temps around 65 to 70 degrees IIRC.

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Absolutely...............

Trick, don't bring any boat judging display stuff, cause we won't have any boat judging. Last time I tried to do the on the water boat judging thing, all my display stuff sank to the botton of the lake!:rolleyes: :D 8p

trickskier
02-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Trick, don't bring any boat judging display stuff, cause we won't have any boat judging. Last time I tied to do the on the water boat judging thing, all my display stuff sank to the botton of the lake!:rolleyes: :D 8p
I wasn't planning on it. The boat will be clean, but not ready for judging. I haven't had my underwater gear polished yet and not sure that I'm going to......8p

KnoxX2
02-14-2007, 09:35 AM
With water temps in the 60s and 70s why would you need a wet suit?

trickskier
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I think I'll be pretty much be a drinking instead of skiing!
I'll probably be right there with you Dog.......Don't forget my Budweiser!!!! :friday:

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
With water temps in the 60s and 70s why would you need a wet suit?

Just in case I'm way off with the temps. We could have a late, cool spring. This lake also has a steam station and a nuclear power plant that recycles warm water back into the lake and you never know.

KnoxX2
02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Just in case I'm way off with the temps. We could have a late, cool spring. This lake also has a steam station and a nuclear power plant that recycles warm water back into the lake and you never know.

Good info!!!

I will bring my shorty suit ( if it still fits after the winter) just in case!!:rolleyes:

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
This lake also has a steam station and a nuclear power plant that recycles warm water back into the lake and you never know.

Thats good info! I like turning GREEN after I ski! And Tricky, don't worry about polishing your underwater gear! Sounds like the WATER will do it fer you!

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
This lake also has a steam station and a nuclear power plant that recycles warm water back into the lake and you never know.

Thats good info! I like turning GREEN after I ski! And Tricky, don't worry about polishing your underwater gear! Sounds like the WATER will do it fer you!

After 2 or 3 days of your boat being in the water, the colors the water will turn everything will match your peacock colors!:eek:

KnoxX2
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Whats up all my kids are glowing at night. I knew I should have had them where the radiation suit when they got into the water.
O well Honey no need for a lantern any more!!

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Whats up all my kids are glowing at night. I knew I should have had them where the radiation suit when they got into the water.
O well Honey no need for a lantern any more!!

Maybe everyone should get one of these to take to CSM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngefPbBEFY
Thanks Milk for the link!
Now they can come back out with the WEGO KITE TUBE!

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Maybe everyone should get one of these to take to CSM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngefPbBEFY
Thanks Milk for the link!
Now they can come back out with the WEGO KITE TUBE!

Maybe this guy will invent one of those siuts that would fit Harolds boat! That way it would never get dirty, and would always be 'SHOW READY'!:D :D

trickskier
02-14-2007, 10:57 AM
What do you do if you have to us the BATHROOM?????? :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 11:12 AM
What do you do if you have to us the BATHROOM?????? :uglyhamme

Probably has a rear trap door and a rocket launcher to dispose of it! Woh, wait a minute, that wouldn't work!:D

Doug G
02-14-2007, 11:13 AM

My 15 y/o son is coming. Actually come to think of it he will be 16 then but he ain't getting any drive time pulling the X-30... anyway... he is begging to bring a friend but I vetoed that for this one.

Doug G
02-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Entire Island Rental:
Entire Island rental includes Picnic Shelter (80 person capacity), 6 Rent-a-Tent sites, Volleyball Court, and Horseshoe Pits
Weekend/Holiday
County resident $290
Non-County resident $435
Weekday
County resident $235
Non-County resident $355

Wonder if anyone is intrested in doing this. Could be cheper?

I am going to do yuppie camping... room service, bar, etc... no tents or outdoor camping unless it is alcohol induced camping. Fortunately the wife can also function as a DD :D

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Motel Update!
Carowinds Blvd. is at EXIT 90 on I-77. Most of the motels are on Foothills Way, across Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the North and on the left on Carowinds Blvd. when coming from the South once you turn onto Carowinds Blvd. and go under I-77.

If you haven't read this post,

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Motel Update!

If you haven't read this post,

MYMC
02-14-2007, 11:39 AM
For those guys interested on Friday...driver of the current world slalom record Chris Eller (April Coble's husband) and driver of the former world record Dana Reed will hold a mens drivers clinic. So while the women are off doing there thing the guys will have the same opportunity.

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 12:40 PM
For those guys interested on Friday...driver of the current world slalom record Chris Eller (April Coble's husband) and driver of the former world record Dana Reed will hold a mens drivers clinic. So while the women are off doing there thing the guys will have the same opportunity.

Mike, just to clarify, Dana Reed will also be there?

MYMC
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Mike, just to clarify, Dana Reed will also be there?
That is correct...according to April and Chris, Dana will be there Friday with them and help with the clinic.

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Dog has just made reservations @ Best Western. Look out #1!:D

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 01:32 PM

We can't wait to see ya'll! It's been a long 6 1/2 years. I just knew this day would come again to see you in another MASTERCRAFT. Thanks!:) :) :)Now, I am EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
We can't wait to see ya'll! It's been a long 6 1/2 years. I just knew this day would come again to see you in another MASTERCRAFT. Thanks
COLOR="Red"]Now, I am [/COLOR]EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe it's been THAT long! :guitar: : :firejump: :friday: :toast: SOB! I'll be a countin down the days!

Monte
02-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Thanks for that Mike! I probably need all the help I can get....

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for that Mike! I probably need all the help I can get....
I could probably use a tip or two on driving, but hey, what the hell, I'll be anchored out somewhere, sipping a cold one and looking fer Girlie's Gone Wild!:D

Monte
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I could probably use a tip or two on driving, but hey, what the hell, I'll be anchored out somewhere, sipping a cold one and looking fer Girlie's Gone Wild!:D

I'll be right there with you... After a few runs....:rolleyes:

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I'll be right there with you... After a few runs....:rolleyes:

I'll be waitin on ya!

Monte
02-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I just wonder if we're gonna get #1 to say "the bioch is parked now!!"

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I just wonder if we're gonna get #1 to say "the bioch is parked now!!"

I can do it and say it sober too!:rolleyes: :D ;)

Monte
02-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I can do it and say it sober too!:rolleyes: :D ;)

I bet you won't be able to match the style and grace as described in the MMII thread... To be honest.... I don't think you have the stomach for it...

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I bet you won't be able to match the style and grace as described in the MMII thread... To be honest.... I don't think you have the stomach for it...

I could never match the showmanship that was described there. They need to put that show on the road!

Monte
02-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I could never match the showmanship that was described there. They need to put that show on the road!

If all holds out... They are... and we will be witness...

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 09:06 AM
If all holds out... They are... and we will be witness...

And we can also TESTIFY!

trickskier
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
I'd say LOOK North Carolina.......Dog, & Trick are COMING to your State. Things may never be the same especially if Mag & HB show up!!!!!:friday: This event may go down in HISTORY.................:D

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd say LOOK North Carolina.......Dog, & Trick are COMING to your State. Things may never be the same especially if Mag & HB show up!!!!!:friday: This event may go down in HISTORY.................:D

OMG, am I in trouble now, Dog, bring the peacock, I'll need something to hide behind!:D

Doug G
02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I just booked my rooms. Found the Plaza Hotel on Carowinds. http://www.plazahoteloncarowinds.com/
225 Carowinds Boulevard
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29708
Phone: 803.548.2400

Has a bar and restaurant. $72 a night AAA or travelocity. They said tonight they have plenty of rooms left but expect to fill our dates quickly. It is just down the street from the Best Western #1 referred to. Desk clerk said they are undergoing a renovation right now so if you use this hotel be sure to ask for a renovated room.

The following image is my attempt to sort out where I am going and where stuff is. MYMC did I get this right?

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
I just booked my rooms. Found the Plaza Hotel on Carowinds. http://www.plazahoteloncarowinds.com/
225 Carowinds Boulevard
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29708
Phone: 803.548.2400

Has a bar and restaurant. $72 a night AAA or travelocity. They said tonight they have plenty of rooms left but expect to fill our dates quickly. It is just down the street from the Best Western #1 referred to. Desk clerk said they are undergoing a renovation right now so if you use this hotel be sure to ask for a renovated room.

The following image is my attempt to sort out where I am going and where stuff is. MYMC did I get this right?

Buster Boyd Access Area is on the other side of the bridge across the lake. Copperhead Island Campgrounds and boat ramps is under the "B" in the word Buster.

Doug G
02-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I thought so , when I zoomed in there just wasn't enough parking. Looks better on the other side.

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I thought so , when I zoomed in there just wasn't enough parking. Looks better on the other side.

:uglyhamme Plus, beside the boat ramp, next to the highway, there is a steak house (name? Lonestar maybe) on the water with boat slips.

Monte
02-15-2007, 11:47 PM
:uglyhamme Plus, beside the boat ramp, next to the highway, there is a steak house (name? Lonestar maybe) on the water with boat slips.

That steakhouse will recieve a visit from me for sure!!!!

trickskier
02-16-2007, 08:42 AM
OMG, am I in trouble now, Dog, bring the peacock, I'll need something to hide behind!:D
This is going to be a great time. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 09:28 AM
That steakhouse will recieve a visit from me for sure!!!!
When we all show up, they will tell us that they are out of beef, cause be brought all the BULL!

trickskier
02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
When we all show up, they will tell us that they are out of beef, cause be brought all the BULL!
Just go ahead and rent the place for the night #1............

Monte
02-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Just go ahead and rent the place for the night #1............

No kidding? #1 you are too kind.. We may want to make a reservation for the bar area no joke. It is outdoor and overlooks the lake:cool:

trickskier
02-16-2007, 10:27 AM
No kidding? #1 you are too kind.. We may want to make a reservation for the bar area no joke. It is outdoor and overlooks the lake:cool:
I plan to have a floating bar..................:friday:

Monte
02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
I plan to have a floating bar..................:friday:

I'd be willing to bet big $$$ you're not going to grill steaks or fry bloomin onions on the MC though:rolleyes:

trickskier
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd be willing to bet big $$$ you're not going to grill steaks or fry bloomin onions on the MC though:rolleyes:
LOL.................

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Most bars are no reservations, 1st come, 1st served and is considered the smoking area and IIRC they have tables outdoors too. We just need the area that has the stripper pole, lap dances and a sandbox for the peacock and Skidog!:D :rolleyes: 8p

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 12:04 PM

Who called us bloomin' idiots, OH, onions, nevermind!

Monte
02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
stripper pole, lap dances and a sandbox for the peacock and Skidog!:D 8p

Harold this could get interesting Skidog and his peacock and HB and his sheep:noface:

Mike if you have a hammock take it down NOW!:D

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Harold this could get interesting Skidog and his peacock and HB and his sheep:noface:

Mike if you have a hammock take it down NOW!:D

You had to go do it didn't ya!

(Sung to Ole McDonald)
Mike McKenzie had a farm, E, I, E, I, O
And on this farm he had some.............................................. ...:eek:.....Crazy boat owners, E, I, E, O!

You knew that was coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiDog
02-16-2007, 08:36 PM
This damn peacock is getting braver! This morning I went to MY truck to go to breakfast and he was on the rolling lock cover. Tried to get a pic but he was a little too quick for the dog!:( Everyday, its a new adventure with this damn bird. I'm gonna start feeding him some beers so he can get used to all the partying we're gonna be doing at CSM! The last thing I want or need is a damn peacock that can't hold his liquor!:D

trickskier
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
This damn peacock is getting braver! This morning I went to MY truck to go to breakfast and he was on the rolling lock cover. Tried to get a pic but he was a little too quick for the dog!:( Everyday, its a new adventure with this damn bird. I'm gonna start feeding him some beers so he can get used to all the partying we're gonna be doing at CSM! The last thing I want or need is a damn peacock that can't hold his liquor!:D
I'm telling you, you need to call BUSCH GARDENS.............:D

Monte
02-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Do you think you have enough time before CSM to teach the peacock to ski, wakeboard, or barefoot??? :rolleyes:

trickskier
02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey #1 will you do me a favor????? Can you stop at Gary's Bar-B-Q in China Grove and pick me up a couple of pounds of Q on you way down?????

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey #1 will you do me a favor????? Can you stop at Gary's Bar-B-Q in China Grove and pick me up a couple of pounds of Q on you way down?????

Give me the address and I'll see! I'll Google China Grove.
How about Speedy's in Lexington, after all it is the Bar-B-Que Capital of the World!!!!!!!!!

I found China Grove, just off I-85 below Salisbury and why not as long as we get all the fixin's and have dinner too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You know you just ruined our supper!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Give me the address and I'll see! I'll Google China Grove.
You get off at SR 152 just South of Salisbury. I'll get you an address. Only about 1 minute off I-85. You'll be coming down I-77 won't you?

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 03:57 PM
You get off at SR 152 just South of Salisbury. I'll get you an address. Only about 1 minute off I-85. You'll be coming down I-77 won't you?

Read my previous post, I edited it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably 52 S outta Winston then I-85 to I-77, I-77 North of Charlotte is just as messed up with construction as 85, so it's a toss-up!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Read my previous post, I edited it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably %@ then I-85 to 77, I-77 North of Charlotte is just as messed up with construction as 85, so it's a toss-up!!!!!!!!!
OK, I would not want you to go out of your way. Lexington is great Bar-B-Q. But if you haven't tried Gary's you might want to.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 04:11 PM
OK, I would not want you to go out of your way. Lexington is great Bar-B-Q. But if you haven't tried Gary's you might want to.

Remind me of this as the event approaches and we will set up the menu order and we'll be glad to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Actually sounds good!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Remind me of this as the event approaches and we will set up the menu order and we'll be glad to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Actually sounds good!
Will do, here's the address: 620 Highway 29 N. China Grove.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Will do, here's the address: 620 Highway 29 N. China Grove.
Have you got the Zip code, having trouble getting it to come up on www.Local.live.com or Google earth. Is it on the left going South on 29 off I-85, looks like it on your map? Looks easy off to the right onto 29 then to Gary's then back up to Rockwell Hwy back to I-85 South, if thats what I'm seeing! Easier than going to Speedy's in Lexington!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Have you got the Zip code, having trouble getting it to come up on www.Local.live.com or Google earth. Is it on the left going South on 29 off I-85, looks like it on your map? Looks easy off to the right onto 29 then to Gary's then back up to Rockwell Hwy back to I-85 South, if thats what I'm seeing! Easier than going to Speedy's in Lexington!
I use switchboard.com. Yes, when you exit to Hwy 29 South you will see Gary's Barbecue on the left about a mile down. You will have to go to the first light and make U-Turn. Then North on 29 back to I-85.
Here's their phone number & ZIP: 704-857-8314 28023

Thanks Harold!!! :D

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I use switchboard.com. Yes, when you exit to Hwy 29 South you will see Gary's Barbrcue on the left about a mile down. You will have to go to the first light and make U-Turn. Then North on 29 back to I-85.
Here's their phone number & ZIP: 704-857-8314 28023

Thanks Harold!!! :D

Alright, got it all down!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Alright, got it all down!
Thanks #1, I'm really looking forward to some GOOD NC Q!!!!

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken most places will ship Q frozen, just as long as you thaw it out real soon and eat it before it gets that bad frozen pork freezer burn taste. We usually get a shoulder at Xmas and eat part of it sliced and chunky for a couple days, them make sliced or chopped Q and freeze it, but after about 6 weeks it gets that funky taste in the freezer.

Monte
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
If ya'll need some good ole NC BBQ ya shoulda asked somebody... My first job was as the hushpuppie slinger at Alston Bridges BBQ in Shelby, NC.. I promise it will lay to waste any Q from anywhere else.. What do you want sliced, chopped, beef, pork??? Ribs? Chicken?? Slaw?? Baked beans??? Hush puppies?? I got the grandaddy of all Q within five minutes...

Doug G
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
If ya'll need some good ole NC BBQ ya shoulda asked somebody... My first job was as the hushpuppie slinger at Alston Bridges BBQ in Shelby, NC.. I promise it will lay to waste any Q from anywhere else.. What do you want sliced, chopped, beef, pork??? Ribs? Chicken?? Slaw?? Baked beans??? Hush puppies?? I got the grandaddy of all Q within five minutes...

Sounds like someone is volunteering to feed us all one day. If we're placing orders ahead of time i'll take any of the above as long as were on land so I am not cleaning Q off the vinyls...

What a guy, Monte feeding the crew like that.... I think UMP should take back everything he said about you... :rolleyes: Thanks Man.... I'll take care of your beer since you are feeding us :rolleyes:

Monte
02-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Sounds like someone is volunteering to feed us all one day. If we're placing orders ahead of time i'll take any of the above as long as were on land so I am not cleaning Q off the vinyls...

What a guy, Monte feeding the crew like that.... I think UMP should take back everything he said about you... :rolleyes: Thanks Man.... I'll take care of your beer since you are feeding us :rolleyes:

I'll take some salt with that foot:o I'm sure I can facilitate at least one shoulder.. and some slaw...:)

D3skier
02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
hopefully none of them.....:cool:

Doug G
02-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I'll take some salt with that foot:o I'm sure I can facilitate at least one shoulder.. and some slaw...:)

J/K Monte ....

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 07:51 PM
hopefully none of them.....:cool:

Most of the time it will be "F" rated (for FUN), except "X" Rated if Skidog strips the peacock of all it's feathers.

Monte
02-22-2007, 08:19 PM
So do we put a picture of the peacock on the T-shirts?

Doug G
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Will the peacock sign a release ?

Monte
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Skidog????? can we trust you to get the peacocks signature of release??

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 08:30 PM

I'm afraid Skidog will get his signature and bring him up here and release him. Mike can always tell Maegan he got her a peacock for Mothers Day!

Monte
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm afraid Skidog will get his signature and bring him up here and release him. Mike can always tell Maegan he got her a peacock for Mothers Day!

I figured the pecock was in a giant wooden crate on its way to 312.6 miles east of venore...:D

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I figured the pecock was in a giant wooden crate on its way to 312.6 miles east of venore...:D
I wouldn't doubt it, but, 1st time that sucker gets on a vehicle, he's chicken strips!

Monte
02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, but, 1st time that sucker gets on a vehicle, he's chicken strips!

peacock tenders???:rolleyes:

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 10:42 AM

Sure! you just send me a copy of this release so's I can git my ambulance chasing attorney to check it out!

Monte
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Sure! you just send me a copy of this release so's I can git my ambulance chasing attorney to check it out!

I hope he went to Harvard. The way this waiver will read will be similar to War and Peace in thickness, and worded like the instruction maual for a nuclear reactor... To make it worse that is before Harold makes his changes.... :D

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I hope he went to Harvard. The way this waiver will read will be similar to War and Peace in thickness, and worded like the instruction maual for a nuclear reactor... To make it worse that is before Harold makes his changes.... :D
If thats the case, then you better send it now!

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Harold, I talked to Crotty & Mark Vance the other night, and they are seriously considering coming with me!:headbang: :steering: :banana: :woohoo:

Monte
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
If thats the case, then you better send it now!

It is on its way to Harold for addendums and exclusions right now!!! I'm sure he'll get it back to you soon... Don't mind the waxed paper and 303'd cover.....

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
It is on its way to Harold for addendums and exclusions right now!!! I'm sure he'll get it back to you soon... Don't mind the waxed paper and 303'd cover.....

Hey, its me yer talkin to! I am sure I can overlook that!:D

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey, its me yer talkin to! I am sure I can overlook that!:D

De, De, De,:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Harold, I talked to Crotty & Mark Vance the other night, and they are seriously considering coming with me!:headbang: :steering: :banana: :woohoo:

What, is Crotty gonna ride in Vance's boat up here???????

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 01:51 PM
What, is Crotty gonna ride in Vance's boat up here???????
No, they will ride with me & the peacock!

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
No, they will ride with me & the peacock!

If you only knew what I want to do with that statement!

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 02:02 PM
If you only knew what I want to do with that stsatement!

That must have really gotten to you, cause look at the way you spelled 'statement'!

trickskier
02-26-2007, 04:23 PM
That must have really gotten to you, cause look at the way you spelled 'statement'!
What, you've never seen anyone sta..sta...stutter when spelling?? :uglyhamme

H20skeefreek
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
tmcno1, put me down as a 50/50. I'll be there on Saturday only, unless the birth of my daughter prohibits it. If I make it, my boat will be with me. I haven't really been watching this thread, is there going to be a cost involved? T-shirts? Food?

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 04:52 PM
tmcno1, put me down as a 50/50. I'll be there on Saturday only, unless the birth of my daughter prohibits it. If I make it, my boat will be with me. I haven't really been watching this thread, is there going to be a cost involved? T-shirts? Food?

Puttin' ya down for 1 unless you say otherwise, Right now, no T-shirts that I know of, but MYMC is planning lunch on Sat. You book your own rooms where you want and more than likely there will be groups going to eat in the PM and or @ breakfast on the way to lake, other than that I guess most will take snacks and stuff for the daytime in their boats. Any more questions just hollar!

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
What, you've never seen anyone sta..sta...stutter when spelling?? :uglyhamme

I, I, I, re, re, re, semble that re, re, re, mark, DE, DE, DE, !!!!!!

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Puttin' ya down for 1 unless you say otherwise, Right now, no T-shirts that I know of, but MYMC is planning lunch on Sat. You book your own rooms where you want and more than likely there will be groups going to eat in the PM and or @ breakfast on the way to lake, other than that I guess most will take snacks and stuff for the daytime in their boats. Any more questions just hollar!

What!!!!!!!!!!! No T shirts!?!?!?!?! You gots to be kidding me! We gotta get us an ar-tist to do sum graphics fer us! We can use the ole SkiDog Water Sports LOGO if you want. I'll post a pic of it today or tonight.
Harold, how about........... never mind, I'll PM you on that subject.

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 05:52 PM
What!!!!!!!!!!! No T shirts!?!?!?!?! You gots to be kidding me! We gotta get us an ar-tist to do sum graphics fer us! We can use the ole SkiDog Water Sports LOGO if you want. I'll post a pic of it today or tonight.
Harold, how about........... never mind, I'll PM you on that subject.

I heard, that whoever sponsors the Wet T-Shirt Contest, gets exclusive design rights to the t-shirts used, so GirlsGoneWild Construction can get plastered where you will be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jmatt15
02-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I can design a t-shirt.

YOUNG_LINK_
02-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Man, I want to go... My dad's pilot02, but he says we're probably not going.

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Man, I want to go... My dad's pilot02, but he says we're probably not going.

If there has been a change in plans, let me know, cause he has informed me he plans on attending.

Mag_Red
02-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Man, I want to go... My dad's pilot02, but he says we're probably not going.Tell your Dad Mag says he's a wimp!8p

matt church
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
i will be there for sure

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
i will be there for sure

Are you bring your boat AND HOW MANY IN YOUR PARTY?

matt church
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
im comeing for sure ... mark me on the list

Monte
03-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Bump...........................

atlfootr
03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
When and Where again?

Monte
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
When and Where again?

see below or above............ if atl stands for atlanta... about 3 hrs away from you;)

TMCNo1
03-07-2007, 05:35 AM
When and Where again?

Post #1 tells everything and is up to date.

Jesus_Freak
03-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Post #1 tells everything and is up to date.

I know I told you already, but this thread rocks. You a doin' great.

TMCNo1
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Thank you!
I can't take all the credit, Monte72 and I talk about every other day about something and the owners who are planning on attending have done one terrific job of keeping me informed in e-mails, pm's and posts as to their status. I'm just trying to keep everyone informed and up to date, as if I was the one asking the questions. My fellow TT guys and gals deserve nothing less.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-08-2007, 08:35 PM
OK, whats the nearest airports to this event? :confused: Lets see if UMP can make it to this shindig

Mag_Red
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
OK, whats the nearest airports to this event? :confused: Lets see if UMP can make it to this shindigProbably Charlotte but if you fly into Cincinnati, you can drive down with HB and me:banana: That is if Bob decides to go

TMCNo1
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
OK, whats the nearest airports to this event? :confused: Lets see if UMP can make it to this shindig

Any direction West or South, you are only about 10 minutes from MYMC's house or the motels from the Charlotte/Douglas International Airport.

JohnE
03-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm buying a boat from MYMC right now. I was seriously thinking about not having it shipped, and coming down for CSM and picking it up. But at 14 hr. each way, it just doesn't work for a few days. I was tempted to make a week out of it, but can't with what I already have plannned this year.

I may be jumping the gun, but if you do it again next year, I'll make a week out of it and come down.

Thanks for putting it together.

edit: by the way, I read every post regarding the event in this thread and the previous one. It sounds like so much fun.

Doug G
03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Awww Come on John. I 'm coming from PA. We'll wagon train it from here.

Ump: Charlotte Douglas is right there.

Monte
03-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Awww Come on John. I 'm coming from PA. We'll wagon train it from here.

Ump: Charlotte Douglas is right there.

Doug is right! John! come on down.... :rolleyes: :D :cool:

TMCNo1
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Doug is right! John! come on down.... :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Come on JohnE, you can work it out. UMP is even trying to figure a way to come. Besides, I wanted to see your boat before you took it home up North. I'm trying to talk kas in Milford, CT to come and ya'll could travel together if you wanted to tow down.