PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stored their boat like this. ?

boyd
01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I have a 2 car garage and my boat takes up one bay of course.
On the other side is the lawn mowers, motorcycles, go-carts etc...
During the winter months (TN) I put the boat very close to the wall and put mowers, weedeaters go-carts etc..... under and around the boat very close so my wife can park in the garage. I've thought of building a garage for the boat and mowers etc..... then I saw something yesterday and had an idea. I was wondering if anyone else has done this.
A hydraulic lift. It sets in the garage on 4 posts. It doesn't anchor to the floor and runs off a 120 plug. It is a drive on. It's in IND. and they will deliver to my home for 1650 plus 150 freight. no tax. The guy told my 2 men could put it together in about 4 hours.
Has anyone done this ?

sanjuan23
01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
No but I know some people that might be interested in some pictures

Leroy
01-20-2007, 11:06 PM
If I understand what you are saying there are some pictures in a garage thread with a lift in a garage where you could park under a vehicle once it was on the lift. If you have the vertical sounds like a great solution.

TMCNo1
01-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Probably something like this, just google "garage lifts" and there are plenty to choose from.

boyd
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
It's website is "gregsmithequipment.com" look under 4 post lift. It says 1795 but it's actually 1650. It is the 3rd one down on the page, under 4 post lift. I'm thinking I don't have to have a whole lot of head room. I'd take 5 feet to put another car under. Opinions .....

Leroy
01-20-2007, 11:35 PM
That is pretty neat and really inexpensive.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Vehicle-4-Post-Lift-s/36.htm

SkiDog
01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
The only problem I see with one of these is you would have to have a roll up type door instead of a conventional residential type, otherwise your garage had better be at least 30 feet long front to back. That as well as, some good drivers!

milkmania
01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
The only problem I see with one of these is you would have to have a roll up type door instead of a conventional residential type, otherwise your garage had better be at least 30 feet long front to back. That as well as, some good drivers!

good point

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/photos/TPPRO-PARK7-3.jpg

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-21-2007, 11:25 AM
I was thinking about something like this for a storage garage I hope to build in the near future. I am wondering if anything special would be required for the slab....additional footings or thicker/reinforced concrete. Any ideas??

jimmer2880
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I was thinking about something like this for a storage garage I hope to build in the near future. I am wondering if anything special would be required for the slab....additional footings or thicker/reinforced concrete. Any ideas??

A buddy of mine has a 2-post lift. When it was installed, they only suggested a 5" slab. So, with a 4-post, I'd bet that 4" thick floor would be more than plenty.

jimmer2880
01-21-2007, 02:19 PM

It is possible to get additional track for your door, so that it goes up higher before going to the rear. My buddy who has a 2-post lift is in the process of getting some installed on his door for that very reason.