PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Service

dh_bennison
01-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi

I am looking to do a service on my 1996 205 Sammy Duvall with a LT1 engine.

Can anyone let me know the right water pump impeller, oil filter, belts etc so I can buy them myself instead of going through the dealers.

Thanks

Jim@BAWS
01-20-2007, 09:22 AM
If you would like we can send you all the PROPER
MasterCraft parts to tune up that LT-1
Please email Chuck at
ca.baws@verizon.net

Thanks

Jim@BAWS (813) 996 2297

www.bayareawatersports.com

JimN
01-20-2007, 10:02 AM
DH- they all have part numbers on them. The belt can be matched up by taking it in, the oil filter is standard GM for the 5.7L (if you have room for the larger filter, I would use the PF-1218), impeller has a number on it (Johnson part number) and the spark plugs are AC MR43LTS. PCV valve is standard, too. The plugs should be pre-gapped but you should check them anyway.

Thrall
01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
My boat's covered up right now, so I don't have #s handy, but save for the impeller, I buy all the service parts at Napa. You can cross reference the filters and belt w/ them. Carry a spare belt in the boat. Impeller, if you can't buy it locally, get it thru SkiDim. They know what to send you w/o a part # given. Use the shorter of the 2 GM 5.7l oil filters for your boat. The long one won't fit.
Don't forget to change the fuel filter. I always leave this until spring so I don't have any sediment or old fuel that's sat all winter going thru the injectors. (Treat the fuel too if it's going to set for a while.)Clean the air filter (flame arrestor) if it needs it. I've cleaned mine once in 3 years and it still looks better than my truck 1 week later (not much dust under on the lake).
Don't forget to grease the steering cable and rudder. 3 grease fittings under the floor panel behind the engine. You can unscrew the floor panel and flip it up w/o removing the engine box (may have to disconnect the shocks on the motor box and slide it forward a little.
I also change the fluid in the trans every year in the fall, mainly in case there's any water in it (none yet). It's a beaotch to drain. I just suck out what I can w/ a small hose taped to a turkey baster, or with a little drill operated pump (which you'll need to change the engine oil). The pumps cost $6-10 from a hardware store, much less costly than the vacuum pumps and work well. Your boat will only drain 3.5-4 qts of engine oil out w/o sucking it out w/ a pump. The pump will suck it dry.

east tx skier
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
The impeller should be a Johnson 812.