there are a couple of threads about this , you are gettin sloppy Farmer

Ric
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13584&highlight=nightmare

Farmer Ted
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
there are a couple of threads about this , you are gettin sloppy Farmer

not sloppy, just lazy

I didn't feel like clicking through the search process to find the thread.

I DVRd it, I'll try and copy it and post the highlights.

It was pretty lame though. I'm not sure what the normal jump path is from ramp to the land point but Scott Ellis was way left of ramp centerline when he landed. There was no way he was going to crash into the boats had he landed short.

The show did mention Geoff Carrington and his attempt to jump a dock in '92 that left him in a wheel chair.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-20-2007, 05:41 PM
The show did mention Geoff Carrington and his attempt to jump a dock in '92 that left him in a wheel chair.
Yes....they did have make mention of it and showed him in his wheel chair.

I suppose the show has to live up to its name and make things seem as dangerous as possible. Although the jumps were certainly impressive, the aspect of landing in/on the boats and being killed seemed to be overplayed.

Still, anytime I can see water skiing on the tube, I'll be tuning in.

Farmer Ted
01-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes....they did have make mention of it and showed him in his wheel chair.

I suppose the show has to live up to its name and make things seem as dangerous as possible. Although the jumps were certainly impressive, the aspect of landing in/on the boats and being killed seemed to be overplayed.

Still, anytime I can see water skiing on the tube, I'll be tuning in.

It was pretty cool to see the video of the old record, all the old Stars and Stripes lined up and the first jump was pulled behind one.

If you look closely on the new jump the 15th boat was a TT 197 sandwiched in with all those SNs.

Diesel
01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
That had to be the gayest episode to date. Hell he was so far out to the left of all the boats that he was no danger whatsoever. **** I would have given it a shot.

Now did anyone catch the dude who was trying to pull the backflip/roll on the sled? That's one tough MFer.

Ric
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Still, anytime I can see water skiing on the tube, I'll be tuning in. same here !