PDA

View Full Version : Bow Eye Lose

SDAhockey21
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
The Bow eye on the 96 is lose. Sometimes when cruising in a no wake zone its starts knocken on the fiberglass. Kind of anyoing How do i tighten? its aready tight is just moves forward back and side to side so....... did a ruber washer wear away?

I know the eye on the 91 is solid sooooo

TMCNo1
01-19-2007, 08:53 PM
The Bow eye on the 96 is lose. Sometimes when cruising in a no wake zone its starts knocken on the fiberglass. Kind of anyoing How do i tighten? its aready tight is just moves forward back and side to side so....... did a ruber washer wear away?

I know the eye on the 91 is solid sooooo

I guess the nuts could come loose, but just put some "Loctite" on the threads and tighten the nuts down tight.

SDAhockey21
01-19-2007, 08:54 PM
im talken about the top bow eye

TMCNo1
01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
im talken about the top bow eye

OH, the lifting ring on top of the bow on the deck, right? Take the end of a hammer handle (or something strong enough) and stick in it and turn clockwise to tighten it down a couple rounds till tight, you will be able to tell! Don't scratch the deck or upholstery with the hammer head. If you can't tighten it down any more, loosen it up a few rounds and put a big thick o-ring or a thick rubber shim for it to tighten down on to take out the slack. The threaded shaft that goes in the threaded dowel on the boweye is all threads IIRC and you can always take it completely out and cut off some of the shaft.

SDAhockey21
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM
thats what i was looking for TMC!! i tried that with a wrench wraped in a towel but a hammer sounds better thanks!!

east tx skier
01-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I have been made to understand that they are all supposed to be a little loose. Mine has some play in it.

/edit, but see below.

east tx skier
01-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, Harold, I got bold (maybe it's the scotch). I just tightened my lifting eye. If I was previously correct and it's supposed to have some wiggle in it, I can always loosen it. But tight seems to work well. Thanks, Harold!

Hoosier Bob
01-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I used the hammer as well! Mine is tight with no wiggle. Not torqued and did not flex the fiberglass but tight!;)

I also believe mine has a rubber washer but ICBW?

east tx skier
01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Mine has a rubber washer. I just tightened it to the point where it didn't move. Not too tight.

TMCNo1
01-20-2007, 07:05 AM
thats what i was looking for TMC!! i tried that with a wrench wraped in a towel but a hammer sounds better thanks!!

The first time I was going to use a wrench and said "Woah", ain't doing that and started looking for something a little more gentle and padded.

TMCNo1
01-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Well, Harold, I got bold (maybe it's the scotch). I just tightened my lifting eye. If I was previously correct and it's supposed to have some wiggle in it, I can always loosen it. But tight seems to work well. Thanks, Harold!

Anytime Doug, I do have something of benefit to say once in a while that's not over the top!

Jesus_Freak
01-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Anytime Doug, I do have something of benefit to say once in a while that's not over the top!

Definitely. You take it to a ho nubba lebel!

TMCNo1
01-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Definitely. You take it to a ho nubba lebel!

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme Dat's rite, dat's rite!

TX.X-30 fan
01-20-2007, 12:07 PM

The key to your statement (once in a while). :D :D

east tx skier
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM

Every job has the perfect tool. Who'd have thunk this job would require a hammer.

It had worked itself a little more loose recently. Just enough incentive for me to try it.

redmike
01-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Hammer is always the right tool for any job, just have to use it proper like

pram
01-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Any job big or smalll the 'HAMMER' can do them all

That should be a logo I think

SDAhockey21
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
yup turned mine 180 degrees... seemd to get stuck have way but i gave one more push and it lined up prefectly not to thight but no more wiggle

atlfootr
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
tight'n that puppy down by craw'n yur arrs inside the bow, behind the observer seat and take the rubber hammer thur the eye -
twist 180 degrees.
Way 2 go :friday: