PDA

View Full Version : Need historical data on boat weight changes...what does your boat weigh?

RobertT
01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
On my lake we have a 3,000lbs limit for any/all competition ski boats. Currently, they are going through the motions looking at boat restrictions and making changes too keep up with current boat designs.

They are going to keep the 3k limit for comp boats, and my fear/question is that in the near future all comp boats are going to creep over the 3k mark and we are all going to have to go back to the drawing board yet again.

So my question is, from the 190s in the 80s, through the updates to the 197 in 07....what was the documented weights for as many years as possible.

PS....the X7 is now listed at 3,080lbs and therefore not allowed on my lake, I would have to get a 197 and have the tower added. Stupid, but true and the reason why I want to provide a graph with the years on the bottom and the weight on the side and chart the upward path.

Anyone have any historical data, or could you please post the year of your boat and the weight?

Ric
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
how do I weigh my boat?

Robert, there was a guy on here who posted pics and instructions on how to plumb a 197 complete for an x7 ballast package if you wanted to do it "after the fact"

RobertT
01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Ric...just the brochure weight that is on the MC spec sheet. If available. I just cannot find it anywhere.

yes, I know we can make a 197 into a X7, but I am trying to give the board good accurate info so they can make a good decision that will be valid for more than a year this time.

Thanks guys.

BrianM
01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
The 95-97 Prostar 190 is listed at 2480 lbs

TMCNo1
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
1987, '88, '89 and '90, ProStar 190=2200 lbs., TriStar 190/Barefoot 190=2400 lbs., TriStar 220=2700 lbs.
That is unless I ate a big breakfast!

RobertT
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Perfect guys...keep them coming. I am trying to keep Mastercrafts on our lake without having to beg!!!

Ric
01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
send an email to mc customer relations
greg clower gregory.clower@mastercraft.com

chudson
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Being a farmer I have 3 Grain Elevators within eyeshot of my house. If you have one near by call or stop by and ask, I would bet they would weigh your rig for you. I have and they even stamped the weight on a blanck ticket for me. Some cement mixing companys have large scales too. Of course that would be boat and trailer weight !!!

east tx skier
01-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Pro Star 190 weight for 91--93 was 2,450 lbs.
Pro Star 205 weight for 91--93 was 2,550 lbs.

Maristar210
01-19-2007, 12:36 PM
On my lake we have a 3,000lbs limit for any/all competition ski boats. Currently, they are going through the motions looking at boat restrictions and making changes too keep up with current boat designs.

They are going to keep the 3k limit for comp boats, and my fear/question is that in the near future all comp boats are going to creep over the 3k mark and we are all going to have to go back to the drawing board yet again.

So my question is, from the 190s in the 80s, through the updates to the 197 in 07....what was the documented weights for as many years as possible.

PS....the X7 is now listed at 3,080lbs and therefore not allowed on my lake, I would have to get a 197 and have the tower added. Stupid, but true and the reason why I want to provide a graph with the years on the bottom and the weight on the side and chart the upward path.

Anyone have any historical data, or could you please post the year of your boat and the weight?

Robert -

Where will this crap end? First no boats longer than XX now boat weights?

No offense of course but it sounds like your lake association has waay too much time on thier hands or they just get pissed when a spill a cocktail from your wake while crusing in thier pontoons?

I could not take it, sorry/

shepherd
01-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Robert -

Where will this crap end? First no boats longer than XX now boat weights?

No offense of course but it sounds like your lake association has waay too much time on thier hands or they just get pissed when a spill a cocktail from your wake while crusing in thier pontoons?

I could not take it, sorry/

I agree, but I bet Atlfootr would like them! ;)

mastercraft.com has owners manuals for all models for viewing/download. The manuals should list weights.

RobertT
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I will check the website for those manuals...yes they have that info.

I am 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. In the middle town, and can walk down to a 600 acre lake on any evening and ski. Although there are well over a thousand homes on the lake, on any given evening you are hard pressed to see one or two boats. Mornings are always glass, and the lifestyle of living on a lake is impossible to beat. Other lakes are certainly available, but not close to town.

The downside is that the lake was home to a much older crowd in the past. Borderline retirement community. Lots of pontoon boats, lots of rich folks that are retired and want to sit on their back porch and watch the cranes fly in peace.

Then came urban sprawl, and new larger homes being built by younger families. Next thing they knew the "ski" folks had positioned themselves on the Board, and got competition ski boats approved.

The older residents hated it, and now blame the comp boat people for all things that have changed on the lake over the last several years.

Point is that yes its a pain and yes they are VERY strict and borderline unreasonable but its worth the effort to work with them and help them make the right decision.

Thats what I am trying to do.

Maristar210
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I will check the website for those manuals...yes they have that info.

I am 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. In the middle town, and can walk down to a 600 acre lake on any evening and ski. Although there are well over a thousand homes on the lake, on any given evening you are hard pressed to see one or two boats. Mornings are always glass, and the lifestyle of living on a lake is impossible to beat. Other lakes are certainly available, but not close to town.

The downside is that the lake was home to a much older crowd in the past. Borderline retirement community. Lots of pontoon boats, lots of rich folks that are retired and want to sit on their back porch and watch the cranes fly in peace.

Then came urban sprawl, and new larger homes being built by younger families. Next thing they knew the "ski" folks had positioned themselves on the Board, and got competition ski boats approved.

The older residents hated it, and now blame the comp boat people for all things that have changed on the lake over the last several years.

Point is that yes its a pain and yes they are VERY strict and borderline unreasonable but its worth the effort to work with them and help them make the right decision.

Thats what I am trying to do.

Robert

There is some definative evidence that you enjoy where your at!!! I was not questioning you or your location I have seen the pictures of your home and would agree it is a b e a u t i f u l location. It was more along the lines of: "where does it end?". Sounds like an awfully big lake to limit the weight of a boat IMO. Seems like chop would out do it on some days. I am assuming Jet Skis are outlawed?

I know you did not ask for this so I am sorry if you were perturbed by my comments. I did not mean them negatively.

Steve

jraben8
01-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Robert,

Check your email. I couldn't figure out how to add an attachment to a pm through the user control panel here.

Jerry

RobertT
01-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Robert

There is some definative evidence that you enjoy where your at!!! I was not questioning you or your location I have seen the pictures of your home and would agree it is a b e a u t i f u l location. It was more along the lines of: "where does it end?". Sounds like an awfully big lake to limit the weight of a boat IMO. Seems like chop would out do it on some days. I am assuming Jet Skis are outlawed?

I know you did not ask for this so I am sorry if you were perturbed by my comments. I did not mean them negatively.

Steve

Oh no worries man. I didn't take it negatively at all. I agree some of the politics are crappy, thats all.

Its a big lake, but the wake issue is the biggest thing. yes, thank goodness jet skis are outlawed. Thats all we would hear.

What size lake do you all typically boat on? Restrictions?

I really dont know....what do most private lakes have for restrictions that are similar sized to ours?

buffskier
01-19-2007, 03:01 PM
but then you can go back with just the trailer and do a little subtraction

Maristar210
01-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh no worries man. I didn't take it negatively at all. I agree some of the politics are crappy, thats all.

Its a big lake, but the wake issue is the biggest thing. yes, thank goodness jet skis are outlawed. Thats all we would hear.

What size lake do you all typically boat on? Restrictions?

I really dont know....what do most private lakes have for restrictions that are similar sized to ours?

My shared river frontage has no public access, it is several miles long and only 3-500 feet wide, averaging 8 feet in depth and it's perfect for low/zero chop runs. Very popular with wakeboarders, skiers and barefooters. We have our own unwritten rules like Wakeboarders stay away from the slalom course and so on but zero restrictions. We have anything from a fully loaded X-star to a 12 foot row boat. The key is to not be a damn wally and we have a tendancy of poilicing this ourselves, calmly and professionally. If you go out at 8:00am on a Saturday you will not see another boat. Can you guess what time I like to go? Different lake size obviously but I know of no such stringent restrictions on any lake in this area.

Steve

Andyg
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
According to the 2003 and 2007 owners manuals that I have the PS190 and PS197 weigh in at 2620 lbs for both model years and models.

captain planet
01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
If I am not mistaken, my 1998 PS 190 weighs about 2400. I will double check my owners manual if it is not still at the lake.