PDA

View Full Version : 40" Samsung LCD is on da wall!

mitch
01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Just finished a couple of hours ago.

before

mitch
01-18-2007, 05:04 PM
and..............after

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Nice looking, good job ………SpongeBob?:confused:

trickskier
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Very Clean install......Great Job!

mitch
01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks Rex, it's Nemo:D

shepherd
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Nice job Mitch. Question: How did you mount it? Did you just screw your mount into existing wall stud(s)? What type of screws?

We have a 32" Panasonic flat screen, but can't seem to find a mount for it. Should have checked before we bought the TV I guess...

mitch
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys, Shep, It was a full motion mount from walmart, did not see it on their website, but it was at the store, $160 swivles right and left, up and down. like it a lot and it fit LCD's up to 40" Screwed it to a stud with supplied lags

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2007, 05:47 PM

Very nice looking job. What kind of mount is that.

Hey Mitch the Bob Hope desert classic is on the golf channel. (Even golf is less gay than Finding Nemo. 8p 8p

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Mitch
What is the total weight?

And I now see the little fish “Dam”

Ric
01-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Hey Mitch the Bob Hope desert classic is on the golf channel. (Even golf is less gay than Finding Nemo. 8p 8phahahahahahhahahahahah

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Hey Mitch the Bob Hope desert classic is on the golf channel. (Even golf is less gay than Finding Nemo. 8p 8p

Sorry about the thread jack

Nemo Gay? It is a story about a fish
Life along the Great Barrier Reef is full of dangers when you're a tiny clown fish. And for Marlin, a single parent determined to protect his only son, Nemo, there are constant fears and anxieties. When it comes time for Nemo to leave the protective shelter of his sea anemone home for the first day of school, Marlin nervously accompanies him and agonizes over his every move. When Nemo defies his father and swims beyond the reef's awesome "drop off" to investigate a boat, he is suddenly scooped up by a diver as Marlin helplessly watches.

And golf is men walking around hitting BALLS with clubs?

mitch
01-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Life along the Great Barrier Reef is full of dangers when you're a tiny clown fish. And for Marlin, a single parent determined to protect his only son, Nemo, there are constant fears and anxieties. When it comes time for Nemo to leave the protective shelter of his sea anemone home for the first day of school, Marlin nervously accompanies him and agonizes over his every move. When Nemo defies his father and swims beyond the reef's awesome "drop off" to investigate a boat, he is suddenly scooped up by a diver as Marlin helplessly watches.

LMAO! Good one! I can only get the golf channel in SD as I get all my HD programming over the air (OTA). Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS, all crystal clear and free. Basically DTV could not see the HDSAT so I had to settle for OTA. Nemo was there to show off the set to the wife, TV was a surprise gift to myself.....:D

Sodar
01-18-2007, 06:30 PM
TV Looks Good Mitch!

Nice synopsis of Finding Nemo there Rex! Do you have a breif synopsis of the Disney Movie "Cars"????

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
TV Looks Good Mitch!

Nice synopsis of Finding Nemo there Rex! Do you have a breif synopsis of the Disney Movie "Cars"????

Cars, tells the story of a hotshot rookie racecar who discovers love -- and a few life lessons -- when he winds up stranded in Radiator Springs, a dying town along the old Route 66.

But we are getting off track Mitch do you have the weight of the TV?
I am looking for one

sixysixss
01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Nice job Mitch. Question: How did you mount it? Did you just screw your mount into existing wall stud(s)? What type of screws?

We have a 32" Panasonic flat screen, but can't seem to find a mount for it. Should have checked before we bought the TV I guess...

Shep, most mounts should be universal fit. Check out this one at Monoprice:
Monoprice Wall Mount (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=2852&seq=1&format=2)

I just mounted my 37" Vizio with a mount from Costco. the flat plate goes into 2 studs with lag bolts. Make sure you find the center of the studs. The vertical bars adjust to fit the hole alignment on the back of the screen.

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
LMAO! Good one! I can only get the golf channel in SD as I get all my HD programming over the air (OTA). Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS, all crystal clear and free. Basically DTV could not see the HDSAT so I had to settle for OTA. Nemo was there to show off the set to the wife, TV was a surprise gift to myself.....:D

OK. OK. On a more serious note. I just got the upgraded direct tv dish and now we have all the local hd off the satellite. Are you cable or sat. :confused: Just read your post again (NEVERMIND) :rolleyes:

mitch
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Mitch

My TV weighs 50lbs and the mount was rated for up to 80, here's a link to the TV, I paid $1199.99 for it at Tweeter, and a pic of the mount. Like I said, could not located on-line at walmart, but for $160, it's awesome

model number is fpm90s-01

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7682527&st=lns4041&type=product&id=1134703182017

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Might work for me? 50lbs is not that bad, cool thanks:cool:

TX.X-30 fan
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM

I have 3 & 7 year old boys. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN IT. 8p 8p

milkmania
01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
I mounted 2 LCD twenty inch TV's using mounts from Sanus

Sanus VM2
http://www.sanus.com/images/products/display/VM2s_280px.jpg

what really impressed me with these guys, is when I called them to say the threads didn't feel right (where the knob attaches)
they said no problems, no questions..... we need you mailing address

sent me a new wall mount & arm very quickly

http://www.sanus.com/en/products/productCategory/line/visionmount/pcat/fullMotionMounts/

BriEOD
01-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, that is. They are getting ready to go touch the "really big butt." My son refuses to let us take "mo-mo" out of the DVD player in the Expedition. I could friggin' recite that movie from memory.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Might work for me? 50lbs is not that bad, cool thanks:cool:

Look here...
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=284930&postcount=193

Mitch...As a word of advice. I had the exact tv mount...Do yourself a favor and ziptie or tape the power cord up and out of the way of the swivel. I had sparks shoot out from behind the tv when someone pushed the power button on the front of the tv and the hinge pinched the cord....Oh, I should mention it was after about 2 or 3 years of being there..:shocked:
I blame the instructions for not telling me to do so....:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Thank you that link, is very good for me I am looking for a TV Mount
For my MotorHome for the inside and some times I will bring it outside
So I am looking for two Mounts

Thank you :cool:

atlfootr
01-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Very Clean install......Great Job!Looks great, now you can feel free too com'on down and do mine :D

mitch
01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Looks great, now you can feel free too com'on down and do mine :D

Thanks! You buy there beer and I'm on my way, assumming of course you still have a boat in the water:D

mitch
01-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Look here...
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=284930&postcount=193

Mitch...As a word of advice. I had the exact tv mount...Do yourself a favor and ziptie or tape the power cord up and out of the way of the swivel. I had sparks shoot out from behind the tv when someone pushed the power button on the front of the tv and the hinge pinched the cord....Oh, I should mention it was after about 2 or 3 years of being there..:shocked:
I blame the instructions for not telling me to do so....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice. I have all the wires wrapped up with cable wrap and wire tied to the mount.
Wife was not upset when I 'surprised' here last nite, which was a relief! She said she was sort of expecting it! Watch RV last nite on it, awesome!! Really good movie....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I have all the wires wrapped up with cable wrap and wire tied to the mount.
So did I.........:o Never saw it coming, it snipped the nylon tie too..Glad she wasn't touching the mount at the same time.....

mitch
01-19-2007, 06:24 PM
So did I.........:o Never saw it coming, it snipped the nylon tie too..Glad she wasn't touching the mount at the same time.....

I will keep an eye on that, thx, did you run a surge protector back there?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I will keep an eye on that, thx, did you run a surge protector back there?
Nope....:o .....And the TV took the hit and has survived so far....

mitch
01-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Nope....:o .....And the TV took the hit and has survived so far....

Just got one of these small Monster surge protector's for 11 bucks shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-PC200-SURGE-PROTECTOR-PROTECTS-ELECTRONICS_W0QQitemZ120075404586QQihZ002QQcategor yZ67780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Workin' 4 Toys
01-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Just got one of these small Monster surge protector's for 11 bucks shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-PC200-SURGE-PROTECTOR-PROTECTS-ELECTRONICS_W0QQitemZ120075404586QQihZ002QQcategor yZ67780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Maybe with the next TV.....It took a good hit once, I'd hate to screw that up..;) In this case I'll use the leave well enough alone..

Datdude
02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I just bought a 40" Samsung LCD on Sunday from Best Buy....what a sweet TV! The salesman recommended a "power filter" for the TV. He claimed that it evened out the power and would extend the life of the TV. Has anyone heard of this? It seemed to be one of those high pressure "add-ons" and I did not buy it. Maybe I should have?

EDIT: I got sick to my stomach when I saw what Mitch paid for the TV. After doing some research...apparently there are a few different models. Mine was about $600 more and I am wondering what the difference is?

mitch
02-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Glad you're happy w/ it!! Mine was the LNS4041 3000:1 Contrast, and has the matte black finish, vs the higher end Samsung 4000:1 contrast ratio with the Piano black shiney finish and more V-shaped bottom. It a better set I'm sure. Scre% the power filter, I shopped forever and no one ever mentioned it. It you hang it on the wall post a pic

I just bought a 40" Samsung LCD on Sunday from Best Buy....what a sweet TV! The salesman recommended a "power filter" for the TV. He claimed that it evened out the power and would extend the life of the TV. Has anyone heard of this? It seemed to be one of those high pressure "add-ons" and I did not buy it. Maybe I should have?

EDIT: I got sick to my stomach when I saw what Mitch paid for the TV. After doing some research...apparently there are a few different models. Mine was about $600 more and I am wondering what the difference is?

Datdude
02-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Glad you're happy w/ it!! Mine was the LNS4041 3000:1 Contrast, and has the matte black finish, vs the higher end Samsung 4000:1 contrast ratio with the Piano black shiney finish and more V-shaped bottom. It a better set I'm sure. Scre% the power filter, I shopped forever and no one ever mentioned it. It you hang it on the wall post a pic

Mine is all black and shiny(that sounds funny:o ). We are considering hanging it on the wall, but the layout of the room might be a little weird then. We have a huge window, a patio door, and a staircase that screw things up. I was surprised at how light it was

mitch
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Room sounds bright, good move getting the LCD instead of Plasma for that application. Should perform well. Make sure you get an upconvert DVD player and use the HDMI cable to the Samsung. They're pretty cheap now, and the pic is amazing.

Mine is all black and shiny(that sounds funny:o ). We are considering hanging it on the wall, but the layout of the room might be a little weird then. We have a huge window, a patio door, and a staircase that screw things up. I was surprised at how light it was

sizzler
02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Mitch

thats what the fish said when it swam into a wall

Datdude
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Room sounds bright, good move getting the LCD instead of Plasma for that application. Should perform well. Make sure you get an upconvert DVD player and use the HDMI cable to the Samsung. They're pretty cheap now, and the pic is amazing.

Best Buy had an upconvert DVD player on display with two identical LCD TVs playing the same movie. The difference was totally amazing. The sales guy said the DVD player was $80.00 and the cable to connect the two was $70.00 which I thought was totally reasonable. If I was not in a hurry to get back home and watch the Super Bowl on my new TV I probably would have bought it on the spot.

The main reason I went with the LCD was the glare in the room. I could see the store lights in Plasmas screen which meant the glare in my house would have been terrible.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I could see the store lights in Plasmas screen which meant the glare in my house would have been terrible.
I have got to come see your family room. With 30' ceilings and Metal Halide lighting, your house has got to be light up like Ceasars palace...:rolleyes: 8p

Datdude
02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I have got to come see your family room. With 30' ceilings and Metal Halide lighting, your house has got to be light up like Ceasars palace...:rolleyes: 8p

Pretty funny aren't ya:uglyhamme

The location that I had planned on putting the TV faces a 7'x4' window. With snow on the ground it is incredibly bright outside, and I am convinced that the glare would have been bad without the blinds closed. The lighting in the store was actually turned way down in the TV section. When I looked at the plasma screen I could see the reflection of the (dimmed) store lights and was not excited about that. No glare here:cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Same reason I had "anti" glare glass put on our paintings for the walls. Not that I have 30' ceiling like yours. But the ceiling can lights change the appearance dramatically.

For the record I knew what you meant.;)

JimN
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Datdude- anything with microprocessors need stable power and yes, a power conditioner is a good thing. A surge protector is the basic safeguard and you can get them all over. Look for the highest Joule rating for the price. And LED should be fine with a surge protector but a really pricey receiver or amp, video processor or other high end electronics will be better off with a conditioner. I prefer Furman because they have models that actually protect themselves in addition to the rest of the equipment, which means that the system won't go down if there's a bad surge. Some of these have a policy that if the equipment dies as a result of a power incident, they'll cover up to a certain amount. I have seen them go as high as $300K of coverage. The building's AC service has to be up to code and they won't cover it if ground lift adaptors have been used (easy enough to determine).

Monster Cable has a sales tool for their dealers that shows the noise on a 120V line so they can sell their suppressors. I plugged one into the recepticle that I use for my system and I could hear whatever baseball game was being broadcast. I plugged it into the $8 suppressor I bought at Office Max and it was easily as quiet as the Monster suppressor. Monster is great at marketing but Furman, Tripp-Lite, Belkin and PanaMax are easily as good.

Datdude
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info JimN......I will be shopping for one very soon!

JimN
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Look at www.partsexpress.com for their prices. Usually not bad and they have a good selection.

Datdude
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Look at www.partsexpress.com for their prices. Usually not bad and they have a good selection.

Thanks again^^^^^

rodltg2
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
just got my new system all hooked up...........

it is awesome........................................... ...

Ric
02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Nice Carpet

Datdude
02-12-2007, 05:14 PM

Hey Rod,

is that the new SuperdutylcdplasmadlpultrahidefrearprojectionCRT I have heard so much about? Looks like the hot set-up with the " HD upconvert BETA" tape player and everything! WOW!:cool:

TX.X-30 fan
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Rod whats the aspect ratio of that monitor. :love:

JimN
02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
TX- looks like 1:1 to me.

Rod- the base cabinet looks like Danish Modern. She's a beauty! I bet black and white re-runs look just like the day they were originally broadcast, eh?

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 06:16 PM
My TV weighs 50lbs and the mount was rated for up to 80, here's a link to the TV, I paid $1199.99 for it at Tweeter, and a pic of the mount. Like I said, could not located on-line at walmart, but for $160, it's awesome

model number is fpm90s-01

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7682527&st=lns4041&type=product&id=1134703182017

Man, could I think of some uses for that thing!:rolleyes: :D ;)

SkiDog
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM

Thats the coolest looking carpet I have ever seen! I just gotta have some. Please tell me where to buy it!:D Stereo setup ain't bad either!:D

mitch
02-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Prices continue to drop on the LCD's I think this may be the set you got from BB. If you paid more than this, check w/ BB as I believe they have 30 day price protection plan, and may give you some cash. Just got a nice giftcard from CC on a nav system I bought had dropped w/i 30 days

For anyone looking, this set (LN-S4051D) for 1350 is TV for the $$.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=148047&cm_keycode=85

Datdude
02-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Prices continue to drop on the LCD's I think this may be the set you got from BB. If you paid more than this, check w/ BB as I believe they have 30 day price protection plan, and may give you some cash. Just got a nice giftcard from CC on a nav system I bought had dropped w/i 30 days

For anyone looking, this set (LN-S4051D) for 1350 is TV for the $$.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=148047&cm_keycode=85

Thanks for the heads up! That is a killer deal at $1350! Best Buy has the TV on sale for $200 less than we paid and Circuit City is $450 less than we paid:mad: . Best Buy's policies are difficult to understand so I will go there tomorrow to see what is up. Thanks again:toast:

mitch
02-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Good luck, lemme know how you make out. You'll at least get the 200 bucks, but Bitc% if you don't get the 450.00.

Thanks for the heads up! That is a killer deal at $1350! Best Buy has the TV on sale for $200 less than we paid and Circuit City is $450 less than we paid:mad: . Best Buy's policies are difficult to understand so I will go there tomorrow to see what is up. Thanks again:toast:

mitch
04-11-2007, 11:28 AM

How did you make out w/ BB?

Datdude
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
How did you make out w/ BB?

The girl at Best Buy that was helping me was not able to locate the TV on Circuit City's website. She said that they had a similar TV but the model number was not the same. I asked if I could come behind the counter and go online to find it. I was going to come to TT and find the link.....but she would not let me:rolleyes: . All in all I saved about $220.00 which was fine with me. I was happy with the TV at the original sale price so any savings off of that is just a bonus. Thanks again for the heads up.....I appreciate it:toast: . I suppose I should send you a check for half?

mitch
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
The girl at Best Buy that was helping me was not able to locate the TV on Circuit City's website. She said that they had a similar TV but the model number was not the same. I asked if I could come behind the counter and go online to find it. I was going to come to TT and find the link.....but she would not let me:rolleyes: . All in all I saved about $220.00 which was fine with me. I was happy with the TV at the original sale price so any savings off of that is just a bonus. Thanks again for the heads up.....I appreciate it:toast: . I suppose I should send you a check for half?

I'd like 3/4 minimum, and I just sent you my address :D

Datdude
04-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I'd like 3/4 minimum, and I just sent you my address :D

The check is in the mail......seriously........hold your breath and wait.....it will come.....i promise........seriously.........:uglyhamme

On a more serious note, I knew it was going to happen. I always buy something and find a better deal one month later. It does not matter if it is a truck, boat, spendy TV, or anything else. Now I just accept the price I paid is a good deal or I would not have done it in the first place and move on. Getting a few hundred dollars back is pretty cool though. Thanks again for the help:headbang:

east tx skier
07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I finally got to take advantage of Best Buy's price match. Bought a PS3 on 6/30. They dropped the price on them this past monday. I was in Best Buy on Monday afternoon with my receipt. Got my $100 back in about 3 minutes. Spent the refund in about 2 minutes.

Datdude
07-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I finally got to take advantage of Best Buy's price match. Bought a PS3 on 6/30. They dropped the price on them this past monday. I was in Best Buy on Monday afternoon with my receipt. Got my $100 back in about 3 minutes. Spent the refund in about 2 minutes.

Sweet deal! What are they getting for PS3 now?

east tx skier
07-13-2007, 02:16 PM
$499 for the 60 gig; $599 for the not yet released 80 gig. 20 gig was discontinued for North America. Cheapest way to get a BluRay player there is (and you can play games and surf the net on it as well as stream media wirelessly from your desktop).

Datdude
07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
$499 for the 60 gig; $599 for the not yet released 80 gig. 20 gig was discontinued for North America. Cheapest way to get a BluRay player there is (and you can play games and surf the net on it as well as stream media wirelessly from your desktop).

BluRay is the main reason I want one. Might have to go shopping this weekend?

east tx skier
07-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Add $24 for the blue tooth remote unless you want to use the controller to operate it as a dvd player.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Are you kidding me? PS3 has bluray?
Any chance I can use Forza Motorsports II on it..:confused:

Datdude
07-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Are you kidding me? PS3 has bluray?
Any chance I can use Forza Motorsports II on it..:confused:

PS3 has BluRay....seriously. I think it can play PS2 games as well, but I could be wrong:confused:

east tx skier
07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
PS3 has BluRay....seriously. I think it can play PS2 games as well, but I could be wrong:confused:

It will play almost all PS2 and PS1 games. With current updates, it will upscale them and smooth them to whatever resolution you like. They really look incredible. It's really quite a well rounded machine. You'll need a memory card reader ($14) to upload your old saved games to the hard drive.

As for Forza Motorsports II, I think that's xbox only.

How 'bout Motorstorm?

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cq4ksRd0L._SS400_.jpg

"Hot Import Nights" didn't sound like your style.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 01:58 PM
As for Forza Motorsports II, I think that's xbox only.

I'm out of the market then. :o

parks_jr_55
07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey I can bring my PS3 up to Minocqua Mayhem and you can put it on your TV...i like mine quite a bit..it looks awesome. And yes working for them, i can certainly attest that Best Buy does have some pretty good stuff as far as policies go....especially some of the extended warranties...those are pretty good.

mitch
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM

The blu-ray is really cool. My son got a PS3 a few months again, and the pic is awesome, good luck!

Datdude
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey I can bring my PS3 up to Minocqua Mayhem and you can put it on your TV...i like mine quite a bit..it looks awesome. And yes working for them, i can certainly attest that Best Buy does have some pretty good stuff as far as policies go....especially some of the extended warranties...those are pretty good.

Maybe you could find one that "fell of the truck" (wink,wink) for me

I was just kidding of course (maybe):rolleyes: