PDA

View Full Version : Water Intoxication...

M-Funf
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Sad...not very smart, but still sad. I'm sure that radio station is in a world of hurt...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070118/ap_on_re_us/water_intoxication

rodltg2
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
sad thing, and not too responsible of the dj's . however refer to this thread...

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13789

M-Funf
01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I agree that people need to take responsibility for their own actions, but I also know that people tend to be very trusting, especially of people who are celebrities, or authority figures...

Follow on to the story. Three DJ's, and other members of the radio show have been fired for this...a total of 10 employees in all. The investigation is still ongoing...

Turns out the woman who died was just trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her two kids...

rodltg2
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
ive been following, its been covered like crazy here. local station for me.

Farmer Ted
01-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I heard the interview on O&A this morning, those DJs and the radio station are hosed.

suedv
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
It's all so sad. I'm sure she thought she would be miserable for a while and then it would be over. I can't understand some of the things people go along and do with the media to attempt to get prizes.

As long as reality shows (TV and radio) draw an audience the media will continue to use people to make money. I don't like to watch people make fools or themselves and put themselves at risks doing disgusting things.

PendO
01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
It's all so sad. I'm sure she thought she would be miserable for a while and then it would be over. I can't understand some of the things people go along and do with the media to attempt to get prizes.

As long as reality shows (TV and radio) draw an audience the media will continue to use people to make money. I don't like to watch people make fools or themselves and put themselves at risks doing disgusting things.

well put sue ... all the legal action in the world will not give those 3 kids their mom back ... people doing silly contests and risking humiliation is one thing, but when you have a contest that puts the safety of the contestants unknowingly at risk it is deplorable ...

suedv
01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I keep thinking about those kids. What an awful thing for them to grow up with... knowing their mom died trying to win a $250 toy for them. It isn't their fault she died, but I'm sure they will have all kinds of difficult emotions to deal with. I hope they get good counseling as they need it.

Ric
01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
wonder if anything will change from this?

I'd hear that crap on morning radio while at the gym and think "who thehell knows what a gallon of milk drank in 5 minutes will do to the person, just off the street, willing to participate in this contest?" . apparantly, the worst has finally happened.... sad