PDA

View Full Version : Show Skiing Pictures

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I just wanted to show some of are pictures from are shows.... I'll post some of are southern region pictures. Here is picture of are star sky skiier who skis with cypress gardens and sea world in texas.

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 09:51 AM
This has nothing to do with pictures of show skiing but This is an photo of Sarasota Ski-A-Rees. For those of you who have heard about Mote Marine Labs, They are located directly behind us.

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 10:01 AM
This looks like are final pyramid in the 2002 Southern Region Comp at tower lake in Oldsmar Tampa, Florida!

tex
01-05-2005, 10:14 AM
our small club in Texas

tex
01-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Flip Crisscross!

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Jump is one of my favorite things.. I have a few pictures of that!

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of ( Boat-O ) Men around the boat Trick? I'm stiil trying to show mine to the pictures are to big!

Ski-A-Rees
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Has anyone ever had a Halloween Show? Here's a picture of our opening pyramid. Bottem left is me in the SuperMan costume!! That show was a blast!

MarkP
01-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Nice shots. I’ll go look for my “show” shots.

6balls
01-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey Ryan - Nice Pics. I had the pleasure of skiing at the Skiarees site for a wakeboard tourney this past Spring. I managed to get first for the Old Guy Division.

I actually get down to Sarasota quite a bit in the winter - I've got a crib at the Ritz-Carlton and my balcony look right across the bay to the skiarees site. I've met Kate Arpke a couple of times - I think she skis for Sea World now. I usually ski up at Michael McCormick's place because I can't find anyone in Sarasota to get out with.

Anyway, I'll have to give you a shout the next time I come down.

bradamerry
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Nice shots. I’ll go look for my “show” shots.

What is it going to "SHOW" :confused: ?? :eek3:

MarkP
01-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Attached Images <jpig101>

MarkP
01-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmmmmmmm darn computer:o

bradamerry
01-05-2005, 07:18 PM
:confused: You must explain this to a southern boy :confused:

Attached Images <jpig101>

MarkP
01-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Don’t know what to say.. Computer problems

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I know the act is not being pulled by everyone's favorite "craft" but I think it is still a cool shot!

NeilM
01-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Agree. It's cool!:headbang:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-05-2005, 10:17 PM
One more......this starts the second half of our show. It brings the crowd (and the skier) to its/his feet every time.

MarkP
01-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Nice shots LLS:cool:

AirJunky
01-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of ( Boat-O ) Men around the boat Trick? I'm stiil trying to show mine to the pictures are to big!
Men around the boat.... as in two of them. This shot is so old I didn't have a digital copy of it till I peeled it off the garage wall to scan it. The boat was pretty new at the time.....

Ski-A-Rees
01-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I forgot all about the wakeboard tournamment. I've got tons of pictures of people and some of the Pro's who have come out to the last three tournaments. Although there just another skiier at Ski-A-Rees since they all learned how to ski and wakeboard there. i think I even have a picture of Zane and His Awsome Black and Green Pickle fork MasterCraft. Thanks for writing and give me a heads up next time your around. I'm going to go look for the pictures.

dmac
01-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I know the act is not being pulled by everyone's favorite "craft" but I think it is still a cool shot!
VERY Cool!

aprgriggs
01-06-2005, 10:58 AM
I thought this thread was for snow skiing pics....I got my hopes all up ;)

milkmania
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Men around the boat.... as in two of them. This shot is so old I didn't have a digital copy of it till I peeled it off the garage wall to scan it. The boat was pretty new at the time.....
they did that trick in the boat show at Seaworld San Antonio

not positive, but I think it made my nipples hard:D

I know I got goose bumps though:headbang:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-06-2005, 01:54 PM
OLN had a show ski competition on a week or two ago and one of the clubs did the act with 7 or 8 going 'round the boat on staggered lines.... I wouldn't want to be on one of the short ropes!

AirJunky
01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
OLN had a show ski competition on a week or two ago and one of the clubs did the act with 7 or 8 going 'round the boat on staggered lines.... I wouldn't want to be on one of the short ropes!

Wow, sort of controlled chaos! The double in our boat is really pretty easy with a descent driver. And the skier riding the whip has it easy, he's just along for the ride. We've torn a bow light off the boat or eaten a rope or two but never come close to hitting a skier or anything. This trick is one of the reason why & installed the dual mirrors.

I saw the Emerald City Ski team do a triple with slalom skiers once. They were tied low & someone had to throw the rope up & over the windshield for the one skier cutting across the bow. It was nuts! The tower really makes it a lot easier.

Ski-A-Rees
01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
I created the link again so you guys can see the world record men around the boat. Check it out!! http://www.skiarees.com/index_files/page0020.htm

sfitzgerald351
01-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Pretty neat!

Ski-A-Rees
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
We had three club boats and I just bought the one so were down to two. The clubs other mastercraft is a 1984 19 skiier that looks exactly like yours. The only difference about that boat is that we are sponcered through teleflex and they put a brand new motor in our boat. Your boat looks great and I like where you put the speakers!

sfitzgerald351
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks. I'm enjoying my ride. How do you go about learning to do an around the boat without running someone over...? :eek3:

Ski-A-Rees
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
You just have to get out there and use some speed and don't be afraid to use the reverse coming out of the hole after the turn. We start by going about high 30's with the skier behind the boat on the right side. Give the hand signal and give a hard left turn and then either cut off the gas or give a little reverse and just sit in the water until the skiier comes aound and then pull the skier out of the whole but not to hard because they get pulled across both sides of the wake. Tell the skier to ski out ( Away from the boat ) the entire time.

AirJunky
01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Hehe, that 10 man ATB is a riot! So how about having 5 go one way & 5 go the other? ;)

In my brother's '88, we used to have to drive it similar to how Ski-a-rees explains it, go fast, chop the throttle mid turn & then accelerate back out again. With the newer boats though it's gotten way easier. In my '94 205 I don't even touch the throttle at all. I have a buddy with a '96 190 & he installed a brodie knob on his steering wheel, which really makes it easy. The trick is communication between the skier(s) & driver. And the driver making sure everyone in the boat is ready. For this example I'll assume counterclockwise.

Skier goes to the left side of the wake. Gives signal to driver, driver gives it back. We do the old Arsenio Hall, fist in a circle over your head.
Once everyone knows whats going on, skier cuts hard left. Driver cuts 1/4 turn (on the steering wheel) to the right. When the driver sees the skier at 8:00, then he cuts hard left. Depends on the boat as to how hard this cut has to be.... 90s PS hulls seem to do it the easiest.
Skier is still cutting hard left, sees the boat turn towards him & he cuts hard left a 2nd time. This keeps the rope tight.
Skier sees the boat going by him the other way, hold the handle out to his right & ski around the corner to his right. On a foil, the rider has to balance on his own & turn using his feet, pushing the tip of the board to the right.
Driver pays close attention to the rope going over the bow. If the skier keeps the rope tight enough & it makes it over, watch your skier & turn right back into your own wake. If the rope is slack, back out of the throttle a bit so you don't yank the skier's arms out. A good mirror helps here a lot. If the skier is sinking & has a tight line, hit it!

It takes a few tries to get it & the point of no return is where the rope goes over the bow. If it doesn't make it, shut the boat down. You'll get rocked a bit but I don't take on any water in mine (despite over 800 lbs of ballast). We do it with skiers, boarders, foil riders, even an Air Board foil rider. Speeds range from 20 mph for a foil to over 30 mph for a skier. The best ones are when you drive into a crowd of boats & pull it right in the middle. I've had guys think we're going to hit them, stand up & start waving, then realize we're not going to be even close. People cheer, scream & yell all the time. Just practice when your lake is empty or it'll be embarassing. ;)

Good luck!

Ski-A-Rees
01-07-2005, 01:34 PM
My favorite thing to do is to come out of no where and pull a boat-O in front of like 10 or more boats! You should see there faces like you going to hit there boat or something! It's the best!

AirJunky
01-07-2005, 02:25 PM
My favorite thing to do is to come out of no where and pull a boat-O in front of like 10 or more boats! You should see there faces like you going to hit there boat or something! It's the best!

I totally agree! People think your gonna wreck or something. I've had people cruise up beside us & we pull it & they can't get their boat turned around fast enough.... we're gone!
The best ones are done with a foil rider who can do an invert mid-trick. Several years ago, Waterski Mag sent a guy to Sammamish to take pics & do a story. It was called "The lake that never sleeps". Anyway, we heard he was on the lake & went out hunting for him. At one point I was driving & had two riders, both going off. Back flips, back rolls, fronts, everything in their bag of tricks. I drove into the north end of the lake, which is somewhat confined, and probably 20 boats within a 1/2 mile of us, everyone just gawking at these guys. We pull a double Around the Boat in front of a raft of like 15 or 20 boats, Jake threw a back roll going in, Around the Boat, Kevin threw a gainer going out & Jake did another roll coming out. It was sick! A few minutes later we stopped & like a dozen boats came over to tell us that was insane! Well, one of the boats had Grafton Smith on it...... the Waterski Mag photographer. Got'em, hook, line & sinker!
If you still have the magazine, theres a shot of Jake in it & they mention us briefly.

sortloff
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I know this is a really old thread, but we've been doing the "around the boat" lately. We got a pretty good video last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvq3kUQJcw

Sawdust
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Well executed! Nice boat too!

tex
09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
A few from our small Texas show!

tex
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
A few more.

tex
09-20-2010, 09:36 PM
As I said...small team!

tex
09-20-2010, 09:42 PM
JD Kneeboarding and hitting the jump!

trickskier
09-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Great Pics Tex!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Jim@BAWS
09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
As I said...small team!

You know doing a small show with NO FALLS is alot of fun
Everyone gets to ski ALOT

Great photos...Now go mow that grass on the jump!!!

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Larry Brunner of the Sarasota Ski A Rees and myself did a little boat expo this summer
for the Atherton Benefit show. I will see if I can find the link

Here are a few driving photos 35 MPH 6 inches or less apart

Jim@BAWS

tex
09-20-2010, 10:37 PM
You know doing a small show with NO FALLS is alot of fun
Everyone gets to ski ALOT

Great photos...Now go mow that grass on the jump!!!

Jim@BAWS

That's where we grow our secret stash!

Jim@BAWS
09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
That's where we grow our secret stash!

You are a little close to the border!

Jim@BAWS