PDA

View Full Version : Anybody like NASCAR

X-45
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Project Engineer NASCAR

http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=52570091&aid=26739399-1717&WT.mc_n=MKT000125

:steering:

Monte
01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Project Engineer NASCAR

http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=52570091&aid=26739399-1717&WT.mc_n=MKT000125

:steering:

Yessir...... :cool:

betsy&david Harrison
01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
lllllooooovvvveeee it!:D

jlf
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Speaking of NASCAR, I read in the paper that some 72 year old driver (sorry can't remember his name) bought a car and is going to try to qualify for the Daytona 500 this year. He'll go into the record books as the oldest driver to race if he can qualify. During the practice sessions he was running about 4 seconds slower than some of the other drivers. Guess you're never too old!!

trickskier
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm an AVID fan, attend between 6 & 8 races a year. I will be attending my 39th consecutive Daytona 500 this year. GO DALE JR!!!

trickskier
01-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Speaking of NASCAR, I read in the paper that some 72 year old driver (sorry can't remember his name) bought a car and is going to try to qualify for the Daytona 500 this year. He'll go into the record books as the oldest driver to race if he can qualify. During the practice sessions he was running about 4 seconds slower than some of the other drivers. Guess you're never too old!!
James Hylton

betsy&david Harrison
01-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm an AVID fan, attend between 6 & 8 races a year. I will be attending my 39th consecutive Daytona 500 this year. GO DALE JR!!!
Dale Jr. is awsome...but what is going on with Dale's wife and the team?

Monte
01-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Atta boy! I think Jr. has what it takes to win the whole shooting match this year..:cool:

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Dale Jr. is awsome...but what is going on with Dale's wife and the team?
It's contract renewal time and Dale Jr. holds all of the cards. If he walks the Budweiser sponsorship goes with him where ever he goes. Teresa better loosen up the purse strings or she will loose NASCAR's most popular driver.

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Atta boy! I think Jr. has what it takes to win the whole shooting match this year..:cool:
I agree Monte

ski_king
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Hmm, I wonder which team is headquatered in Bristol?

Most of the teams are down in Harolds and MYMC's back yard in NC.

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Hmm, I wonder which team is headquatered in Bristol?

Most of the teams are down in Harolds and MYMC's back yard in NC.
Morgan McClure

ski_king
01-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Morgan McClure
Their website says they are located in Abingdon, Va

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Their website says they are located in Abingdon, Va
They may have moved. The last I remember they were right off I-81. Are you referring to another team?

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 10:30 PM
It's contract renewal time and Dale Jr. holds all of the cards. If he walks the Budweiser sponsorship goes with him where ever he goes. Teresa better loosen up the purse strings or she will loose NASCAR's most popular driver.

According to Jr. on a local and national TV sports interview, Teresa still treats him like she did when he moved in with her and his dad at age 6 when they got married. Dale Jr. and his sister Kelly run his ENTIRE operation without Teresa's help, out of DEI and she reaps a % of the benefits. Without a contract with Jr. Teresa gets nothing from his portion of the operation. A couple weeks ago, Teresa called a meeting of all personnel, of all the teams and gave the date, place and time. The entire operation shut down for her meeting with them and then she did not show up. Jr. said it was a attempt on her part to show everyone that she still had overall control of DEI. He is upset with her shennagans and is he is stiring the pot with her about his possible future plans that may not include DEI and her. The media says, that if Jr. leaves DEI and starts his own operation (which he can, no questions asked) or goes to drive for someone else (Richard Childress would be probable), DEI will fold within weeks.

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:35 PM
The media says, that if Jr. leaves DEI and starts his own operation (which he can, no questions asked) or goes to drive for someone else (Richard Childress would be probable), DEI will fold within weeks.

Absolutely CORRECT

Monte
01-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Jr. doesnt need another controversy.... That kinda irritates me why? why? why? must she start shtuff 1 mo. before Daytona??? I must be out of the loop a little....

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Teresa's EGO is getting in the way. Dale Jr. is the star and like #1 said DEI will fold without him. The entire NASCAR Nation will be down on her if she lets Jr. go.

Monte
01-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Teresa's EGO is getting in the way. Dale Jr. is the star and like #1 said DEI will fold without him. The entire NASCAR Nation will be down on her if she lets Jr. go.

(insert any four letter word)................... Maybe she'll figure it out.:confused: soon I hope.

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
They may have moved. The last I remember they were right off I-81. Are you referring to another team?

They are still there on the north side of I-81 4 miles from the exit to Abingdon, VA. It's a good sized complex and all the haulers and show car tow rigs are still KODAK yellow.

Richard Childress Racing complex is 11 miles from my house off old HWY 52 in Welcome, NC. I went to H.S. with Bill Patterson, Director of Human Resources, lettered specialty items for Richard, pinstriped motorcycles for Chocolate Myers for over 30 years and pinstriped 2 motorcycles for Andy Petrie when he was Dale Sr.'s crew chief.

trickskier
01-17-2007, 10:51 PM
(insert any four letter word)................... Maybe she'll figure it out.:confused: soon I hope.
Dale Jr. was only at Daytona testing for 1 day. Kerry tested the car after that. Kinda strange to let his brother test the car before the biggest race of the year.

shepherd
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM

That's what they said last year... and the year before that... and the year before that... :rolleyes:

It's bound to happen eventually.

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Teresa was Dale Sr.'s wife and always will be his wife as long as she is in the racing community. She was not a serious hands on Business Partner like she has HAD to become since his death. She is well enough off and would have a unbelievable income from Sr.'s royalties to last her several lifetimes, yet as a widow she cannot proceed with any type relationship with out offending the entire Dale Sr. and DEI following. Yet, she can't and wont just walk away from DEI cold turkey without some good change in her pocket. With or without a contract with Jr. she is in a lose/lose situation when it comes to her personal life.

Hoosier Bob
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Wow, I cannot believe I missed this thread and I cannot wait to answer! NO!8p

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Dale Jr. was only at Daytona testing for 1 day. Kerry tested the car after that. Kinda strange to let his brother test the car before the biggest race of the year.

He may have a package that he is satisfied in several cars and without showing all his cards, let Kerry do the minor stuff so he could go back to Mooresville, NC and wipe Teresa's nose! All the real fine tuning will come during Speedweeks when everything will change, even to a small degree.

Monte
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Teresa was Dale Sr.'s wife and always will be his wife as long as she is in the racing community. She was not a serious hands on Business Partner like she has HAD to become since his death. She is well enough off and would have a unbelievable income from Sr.'s royalties to last her several lifetimes, yet as a widow she cannot proceed with any type relationship with out offending the entire Dale Sr. and DEI following. Yet, she can't and wont just walk away from DEI cold turkey without some good change in her pocket. With or without a contract with Jr. she is in a lose/lose situation when it comes to her personal life.

You got a point.. Seems like she should take a slow buyout... I just listened to Jr's interview. It's getting pretty heated IMHO.

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Even though Jr. has not won a Championship,yet. It is reported that Teresa is having a hard time dealing with the fact that Jr. has reached a level of stardom and popularity that Dale Sr. never reached and he did it because he was following in his fathers (her husband) footsteps and it has now mushroomed after his death to a level no one ever expected and she wants to control it, but it's too late, because it wasn't because of her. He is a man now, has financial stability on his own and can call his own shots at his pace and doesn't want to be treated as her little immature stepson.

SkiDog
01-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Damn, and I thought that my peacock thread was a good one!:D :D :D

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Damn, and I thought that my peacock thread was a good one!:D :D :D

It will soon be a daytime Soap Opera called, "Days of our Race Teams", or "General Race Car Garage" or "The Young and the Reckless" or "As the Steering Wheel Turns" or "Bold and the Blown Engine" or "One Race to Loose"!

trickskier
01-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Even though Jr. has not won a Championship,yet. It is reported that Teresa is having a hard time dealing with the fact that Jr. has reached a level of stardom and popularity that Dale Sr. never reached and he did it because he was following in his fathers (her husband) footsteps and it has now mushroomed after his death to a level no one ever expected and she wants to control it, but it's too late, because it wasn't because of her. He is a man now, has financial stability on his own and can call his own shots at his pace and doesn't want to be treated as her little immature stepson.
Again, her EGO is getting in the way. Budweiser goes as Dale Jr. goes. Over 10 Million Dollars a year!!!

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I am a Drag Racing Fan, Living in Yorba Linda Home of John Force and Family
It is hard not to be, the family has done a lot for the City Schools and the kids
And now that Ashley is going to run Funny Cars this year should be fun!!!!!
I started watching some NASCAR last year I liked it good old time racing!!!!
What I did not like, was all the TV commercials dam it was bad
I am going to watch more this year, I think tivo will work
There is one thing I do know about NASCAR, I HATE “Jimmie Johnson”

Ric
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Even though Jr. has not won a Championship,yet. It is reported that Teresa is having a hard time dealing with the fact that Jr. has reached a level of stardom and popularity that Dale Sr. never reached and he did it because he was following in his fathers (her husband) footsteps and it has now mushroomed after his death to a level no one ever expected and she wants to control it, but it's too late, because it wasn't because of her. He is a man now, has financial stability on his own and can call his own shots at his pace and doesn't want to be treated as her little immature stepson. is she the one who decided this superstar racer should live in a trailer home?

SkiDog
01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Again, her EGO is getting in the way. Budweiser goes as Dale Jr. goes. Over 10 Million Dollars a year!!!
Hey Tricky, are we gonna stop drinking BUD products if Jr. walks and doesn't take BUD with him?

MYMC
01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Good grief you guys read too much...having worked for just about everyone written about in this thread I can tell you that your wrong...way wrong. Don't ever mess with Teresa Earnhardt...or you will regret it...she is one tough woman and NO ONE including Dale Jr. or Sr. would tell her anything otherwise. I've been in the meetings and witnessed it happen. Why do you think Dale Sr. had so many boats? As Kerry put it there was the fishing boat, Dale’s boat and Teresa's boat and you didn't go on her boat unless she said you could.

Back when the boys were young we all thought Kerry would be the driver...There wasn't a concrete wall that Dale Jr. couldn't take down. He was hard on equipment and engines. Then it all sort of clicked for him, but for a while he was a caution flag looking for a place to happen.

DEI is going no where...it won't close overnight. NASCAR doesn't work that way. This is entertainment first and racing second. Teresa is going no where and my bet is neither is Dale Jr., NASCAR needs the press. Last year was the worst in ratings history thanks to the ever bland Jimmy Johnson and his little sister Jeff Gordon...so they better stir up some kind of controversy or the ever fickle American public will move on and FOX will be left holding the billion dollar bag.

Monte
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey Tricky, are we gonna stop drinking BUD products if Jr. walks and doesn't take BUD with him?

I think Bud will follow Jr.... They know he sells beer... Theresa not so much.. Sad thing is she keeps #8.....

Rex... I agree JJ is pretty annoying... Of course he is my brother's favorite, and I get to hear how good he is on a regular basis

Ric
01-18-2007, 11:56 AM
but it would be pretty funny to see budwieser sales drop due to a neckcar fan boycott

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I think Bud will follow Jr.... They know he sells beer... Theresa not so much.. Sad thing is she keeps #8.....

Rex... I agree JJ is pretty annoying... Of course he is my brother's favorite, and I get to hear how good he is on a regular basis

I would never advocate killing someone, but you might need to take your brother out:confused: ..........jk

Monte
01-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I would never advocate killing someone, but you might need to take your brother out:confused: ..........jk

The poor boy was sheltered as a youth:( I had NOTHING to do with it;)

trickskier
01-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Heck NO, I've been a BUD MAN all my life. Budweiser will go with Dale Jr. "IF" he walks.......Stay Tuned :D

chudson
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Went to the "Brickyard" last summer and walking up to the track from the east you come upon the semi trailers were they're selling merchandise for the drivers. Dale Earnhardts trailer had a larger line than any of them selling merchandise and he's been gone how many years? You talk about taking on "Elvis" status!!! Jr. was a close second. And I'm no expert but if Jr. switchs teams I would bet Bud buys the number 8 ( if they have to ) and also I heard that Dale Jr is named after his grandpa Dale Sr. and not his Dad, weird I know but that's what I heard.

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Ralph Earnhardt was Dale Sr.'s dad and Jr.'s grandfather and ran the #8 as a racer and so did Dale Sr. early on in his novice career.

chudson
01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Ralph Earnhardt was Dale Sr.'s dad and Jr.'s grandfather and ran the #8 as a racer and so did Dale Sr. early on in his novice career.

Thanks, I didn't think you could jump a generation, well that's how rumors get started!!!

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks, I didn't think you could jump a generation, well that's how rumors get started!!!

Here is NASCAR's Earnhardt family story, http://www.nascar.com/2002/kyn/families/02/01/earnhardts/

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the simularity between the #3 and the #8. Both numbers are registered trademarks and the #3 is owned by Richard Childress Racing, but who owns the trademark to the #8, Budweiser, DEI, RCR, or Dale Jr.?
The #3 has a red outline only and the #8 has a red outline and offset shading. Both have a trademark in the lower right hand corner.

ski_king
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
......Last year was the worst in ratings history thanks to the ever bland Jimmy Johnson and his little sister Jeff Gordon...so they better stir up some kind of controversy or the ever fickle American public will move on and FOX will be left holding the billion dollar bag.........
Good one, I seee it the same way.:D

RobertT
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I just dont get it. I mean, its cool, its fun I guess. I actually spent a weekend taking the Richard Petty Driving School and that was awesome but watching?

I have been, and every time I go to the local raceway (Gateway) I end up drunk as six sailors by lap 10, then 100 laps later watching them go fast and turn left I kind of loose interest.

Then I drink more beer, because I am bored and there is still about a kajillion more laps to go before I get to go home.

I think about that fact for a second, take off my shirt, holller like the guy next to me and get another beer.

What am I doing wrong?

bcampbe7
01-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't care for Nascar, personally. I have the attention span of a 2 year old so that may have something to do with it... :D

loeweb
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't care for Nascar, personally. I have the attention span of a 2 year old so that may have something to do with it... :D

same problem here.

Ric
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I just dont get it. I mean, its cool, its fun I guess. I actually spent a weekend taking the Richard Petty Driving School and that was awesome but watching?

I have been, and every time I go to the local raceway (Gateway) I end up drunk as six sailors by lap 10, then 100 laps later watching them go fast and turn left I kind of loose interest.

Then I drink more beer, because I am bored and there is still about a kajillion more laps to go before I get to go home.

I think about that fact for a second, take off my shirt, holller like the guy next to me and get another beer.

What am I doing wrong? I think you have it right but the experience will be better if you holler boogeyboo boggoobbee boo! when they start

chudson
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I think you have it right but the experience will be better if you holler boogeyboo boggoobbee boo! when they start

That there's funny, I don't care who ya r !!!

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
As much as I like it till we lose a Superstar, after lap 12 and until 27 laps to go I usually watch it thru my eyelids, till the spouse wakes me up hollaring, "That ?&% !? & &@$#& Darnell Shifknob spun out Jeffrene Crankshaft Jr.". Then the replay shows that Darnell had hit the porta pottie truck in the garage area instead! Woke me up for nothing!

X-45
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I think you have it right but the experience will be better if you holler boogeyboo boggoobbee boo! when they start

:purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

Ric
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
As much as I like it till we lose a Superstar, after lap 12 and until 27 laps to go I usually watch it thru my eyelids, till the spouse wakes me up hollaring, "That ?&% !? & &@$#& Darnell Shifknob spun out Jeffrene Crankshaft Jr.". Then the replay shows that Darnell had hit the porta pottie truck in the garage area instead! Woke me up for nothing! Harold's been drinking again:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Harold's been drinking again:rolleyes:

Then during the caution flag, that lasts 27 laps, TV racing analyst Laverne McDouglas gives a technical explaination how to adjust the trackbar in the right rear to leave a proper tire footprint on the Waste Management Dempsty Dumpster after the sun goes down and the track conditions change.
They never tell why the #8/1 crew was missing during the last pit stop, cause they had all got sick eating those funky tasting Bar-B-Que sandwiches and Hot Dogs from the concession stand (Martinsville Speedway) next to the Infield Care Center during the last long green flag run.:eek: (Martinsville, been there, done that)(Famous for their PITROAD PANTS FILLERS)

trickskier
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll be LIVE at Speedweeks......I like caution flags! Gives me time to go to the bathroom, then open another BUDWEISER before the green flag drops!!!!

TMCNo1
01-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I heard the radio station racing update show that Jeff Gordon and his new wife are expecting a baby in June/July.

RexDog1
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I heard the radio station racing update show that Jeff Gordon and his new wife are expecting a baby in June/July.

I just did the math on this……………can’t happen?:confused:

shepherd
01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
They never tell why the #8/1 crew was missing during the last pit stop, cause they had all got sick eating those funky tasting Bar-B-Que sandwiches and Hot Dogs from the concession stand (Martinsville Speedway) next to the Infield Care Center during the last long green flag run.:eek: (Martinsville, been there, done that)(Famous for their PITROAD PANTS FILLERS)

Been to Martinsville about 10 times. I LOVE those nasty BBQ sandwiches (Carolina-style BBQ is the best!), but those flourescent red hot dogs make me nervous. :o

One thing NASCAR has over any other professional sporting event: The fans can bring their own food and drink (including BEER) into the stands with them. I've been to NFL and MLB games where they wouldn't even allow you to bring in your own bottled water.

TMCNo1
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM

:uglyhamme Then this might make for some interesting reading, Headline and about 4 paragraphs down,
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/01/17/jgordon.career.change/index.html

Mag_Red
01-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Speaking of NASCAR, I read in the paper that some 72 year old driver (sorry can't remember his name) bought a car and is going to try to qualify for the Daytona 500 this year. He'll go into the record books as the oldest driver to race if he can qualify. During the practice sessions he was running about 4 seconds slower than some of the other drivers. Guess you're never too old!!Shoot, Paul Neuman is 80 and still winning races.

MYMC
01-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Math hell...check the gender...oh wait maybe science has come that far?:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with it……but a baby?…….no

trickskier
01-19-2007, 10:52 PM
So who's the father??????

SkiDog
01-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Then during the caution flag, that lasts 27 laps, TV racing analyst Laverne McDouglas gives a technical explaination how to adjust the trackbar in the right rear to leave a proper tire footprint on the Waste Management Dempsty Dumpster after the sun goes down and the track conditions change.

Its bonofied now!!!!! Harold is officially bonkers!!!!!!!!!:D

trickskier
01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Its bonofied now!!!!! Harold is officially bonkers!!!!!!!!!:D
You're just now figuring that out? Man you've lead a SHELTERED LIFE!!! :D

Hoosier Bob
01-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Ever spell checked the word Bonofied? Not there! I think it needs a hyphen/hyphon, a dash thingy!- - - -!8p Its bonofied now!!!!! Harold is officially bonkers!!!!!!!!!:D

Chief
01-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I love the mullets that come with NASCAR (aka NASCAR sunscreen)

Jeff Lyman
01-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok I read enough on this thread, time to stand up for a 5 time champion. Dupont does very good for me, the old saying " win on Sunday sell on Monday" is VERY true. If you don't get it check out my companys web site, jeffreyscustomconversions.com

Yes I drive these cars to work, out to eat, Ya I got it kind of bad but not as bad as the wife. I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of this. Time for a bud to bad Dupont doesn't have a drink!

Go 24 , fastest at testing in Daytona so far.

X-45
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Kelly Clarkson will soon be showing her racing stripes in the biggest partnership NASCAR has ever made with a music artist, the sports franchise announced Thursday. "Anyone who knows me knows I'm a race fan and love NASCAR," the former "American Idol" and Grammy-winning singer said in a NASCAR press release "I look forward to hanging out with the fans, drivers and the entire NASCAR community." Kelly will be "integrated into all aspects of NASCAR," including television spots, charitable events and NASCAR's awards dinner in New York City in December, NASCAR said

Guess NASCAR tyring to change there demographics.:rolleyes:

MYMC
01-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Ok I read enough on this thread, time to stand up for a 5 time champion. Dupont does very good for me, the old saying " win on Sunday sell on Monday" is VERY true.
You may want to check with Ford, Chrysler & GM about that quote...I'm not so sure they would agree with you anymore.

Jeff maybe a 5 time champ but that doesn't mean he is has brought anything to the sport (other than the need for ear plugs for all the damn crying!)...actually he does deserve credit for being the first…he was the beginning of the young gun mayonnaise bore fest that NASCAR has become. So now we have multi car teams and high dollar play it safe boring drivers that are not allowed to say or do anything...get in line behind the Mike Helton appointed leader for the day and wait for the checkered flag...that’s racing! (NASCAR anyway and the reason I quit)

Oh and don’t forget the car of the future (what will they call it after the green flag waves?)…sure looks like and old Trans Am car…how did Benjamin Franklin say it “those that cannot remember the past…something?” Oh well.

RexDog1
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
You may want to check with Ford, Chrysler & GM about that quote...I'm not so sure they would agree with you anymore.

Jeff maybe a 5 time champ but that doesn't mean he is has brought anything to the sport (other than the need for ear plugs for all the damn crying!)...actually he does deserve credit for being the first…he was the beginning of the young gun mayonnaise bore fest that NASCAR has become. So now we have multi car teams and high dollar play it safe boring drivers that are not allowed to say or do anything...get in line behind the Mike Helton appointed leader for the day and wait for the checkered flag...that’s racing! (NASCAR anyway and the reason I quit)

Oh and don’t forget the car of the future (what will they call it after the green flag waves?)…sure looks like and old Trans Am car…how did Benjamin Franklin say it “those that cannot remember the past…something?” Oh well.

I don’t watch much NASCAR, but when I have Jeff, Jimmy “all ways” cry
And never say THEY messed up??

Mike……well said…………and get a haircut…………lol

MYMC
01-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I don’t watch much NASCAR, but when I have Jeff, Jimmy “all ways” cry
And never say THEY messed up??

Mike……well said…………and get a haircut…………lol
Just figured that last one out! I hate having my picture taken...:cool:

RexDog1
01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
No it was a good photo, your son looks happy, so that tells me you’re a good dad :cool:

MYMC
01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
No it was a good photo, your son looks happy, so that tells me you’re a good dad :cool:
Buffalo shrimp gets him everytime!

shepherd
01-22-2007, 11:55 AM
... the young gun mayonnaise bore fest that NASCAR has become. So now we have multi car teams and high dollar play it safe boring drivers that are not allowed to say or do anything...get in line behind the Mike Helton appointed leader for the day and wait for the checkered flag...that’s racing! (NASCAR anyway and the reason I quit)

What he ^^^ said. That's probably the main reason I don't watch it that much anymore. Cars all look alike, run alike, pit road speed limits, smaller and smaller restrictor plates, no more racing back to the yellow flag... Borefest is right. I'm starting to watch more Indy car races. They have basically the same rules and the cars look alike too, but at least those cars are fast and the open wheels make the close racing even more exciting (i.e., dangerous).

point1234
01-22-2007, 12:02 PM
The Indy 500 hundred is one of my favorite races so much history in that race. The largest single day sporting event in the world.

chudson
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
The Indy 500 hundred is one of my favorite races so much history in that race. The largest single day sporting event in the world.

The only two I can get to are "Indy" and "The Brickyard" and there's nothin more exciting than race day but I have to agree with the above that it has become pretty antiseptic anymore, it just doesn't quit have the attraction it used to. Maybe don't be so worried about having a cigarette company as a sponsor. I miss the "Winston Cup"!!!

trickskier
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm headed to Daytona Saturday for the BUD Shootout. Anyone else going?

Monte
02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm headed to Daytona Saturday for the BUD Shootout. Anyone else going?

Wish I was:( I'm working on the 500... How bad are scalper prices?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Driving Toyotas this year...A.J. Allmendinger (84), Brian Vickers (83), Dale Jarret (44), David Reutimann (00), Michael Waltrip (55), Dave Blaney (22), & Jeremy Mayfield (36).

trickskier
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Driving Toyotas this year...A.J. Allmendinger (84), Brian Vickers (83), Dale Jarret (44), David Reutimann (00), Michael Waltrip (55), Dave Blaney (22), & Jeremy Mayfield (36).
Yes, and all of these drivers were not in the top 35 in points at the end of the year. Some of the Toyota's will be going home.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I read about this site in the paper this morning. Thought the "name" was funny...
F.A.R.T. (http://www.fansagainstracingtoyotas.com)

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, and all of these drivers were not in the top 35 in points at the end of the year. Some of the Toyota's will be going home.
I don't follow nascar, but what I read. There seems to be alot of controversy over the brand being there among teams and drivers. Team owners too as I read.

A quote from Jack Roush:
We're going to war with them.And it was also mentioned he worries their deep pockets will outspend the competitors.

It also said Toyota is spending $200 Million dollars on Cup Start up costs.

Lark
02-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm sure I'll end up doing the NASCAR weekend some time for no other reason than to spend quality time with my 5-year old son (and since the track is about 20 minutes from the house), but I think I'd rather mow the yard than watch NASCAR. In the world of racing NASCAR has to be at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to talent and creativity. The Europeans must really get a good laugh from us once the season starts! :D

trickskier
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't follow nascar, but what I read. There seems to be alot of controversy over the brand being there among teams and drivers. Team owners too as I read.

A quote from Jack Roush:
And it was also mentioned he worries their deep pockets will outspend the competitors.

It also said Toyota is spending $200 Million dollars on Cup Start up costs.
Jack is upset because Toyota has come in and PIRATED drivers and key personnel by paying the BIG $$$$. It's run Jack's payroll up to keep some of his key people.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Lark. Are you saying they (or you) would rather see Danica....;)

trickskier
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm sure I'll end up doing the NASCAR weekend some time for no other reason than to spend quality time with my 5-year old son (and since the track is about 20 minutes from the house), but I think I'd rather mow the yard than watch NASCAR. In the world of racing NASCAR has to be at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to talent and creativity. The Europeans must really get a good laugh from us once the season starts! :D
I'll agree watching it on TV is BORING. But if you ever attend one you'll be hooked. TV does not do cars running inches apart at 200 MPH and engines screaming @ 8000 plus RPM's justice. This year will be my 39 consecutive Daytona 500.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Jack is upset because Toyota has come in and PIRATED drivers and key personnel by paying the BIG $$$$. It's run Jack's payroll up to keep some of his key people.
Interesting comment by Jack...
to hand toyota their head over the short term

The paper made some references on the guys that are driving for toyota and have dealerships for Ford & Chevy.

Monte
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Interesting comment by Jack...

The paper made some references on the guys that are driving for toyota and have dealerships for Ford & Chevy.

Dale Jarrett owns one of the largest Ford dealerships in NC. I've wondered what that would do to his sales..

TMCNo1
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Dale Jarrett drew the pole for the Bud Shootout and is in a MWR Toyota. We will see how this turns out real quick come this weekend.

Lark
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Lark. Are you saying they (or you) would rather see Danica....;)

Lets just say I'd rather see her...

http://thedigitalshutter.com/misc/Danica-Patrick-Picture-1-1.jpg

...piloting a VW diesel across the desert in The Dakar than turning left all day long. :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Dale Jarrett owns one of the largest Ford dealerships in NC. I've wondered what that would do to his sales..

Rusty Wallace has owned Honda dealerships for years and it must have not hurt him any. Many drivers and car owners have dealerships with conflicting brands, look at Rick Hendrick. It's money, not loyalty!

Lark
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I'll agree watching it on TV is BORING. But if you ever attend one you'll be hooked. TV does not do cars running inches apart at 200 MPH and engines screaming @ 8000 plus RPM's justice. This year will be my 39 consecutive Daytona 500.

I've been told that before and I'm sure it's much more exciting in person. I have reservations about being "hooked" though, but I'll stay open-minded. ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I doubt the top seller at his place will be the F150 any longer...Considering that it has been said a "tremendous" amount of F150s are sold to Nascar fans.
Well, that is exactly what Toyota can hope for I'd guess.

Lark
02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I doubt the top seller at his place will be the F150 any longer...Considering that it has been said a "tremendous" amount of F150s are sold to Nascar fans.
Well, that is exactly what Toyota can hope for I'd guess.

Now I wonder if that's why my new truck is a Cummins (or maybe I'm just trying to compensate)? :D

TMCNo1
02-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I saw "trickskier" on TV lastnight during the Bud Shootout. They did a aerial shot of the racetrack from the helicopter and there he was! I did, I did! Looks like Tony Stewart turned his bad day into a good one!

shepherd
02-11-2007, 02:23 PM
After he bumped Kyle Busch out of the way! :cry:

You watching qualifying today?
I'm ready for the truck race Friday night. Those are usually much wilder than those safety'ed-up Cup cars running around in packs caution-free for a hundred laps. And the trucks run only a couple mph slower.

TMCNo1
02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
After he bumped Kyle Busch out of the way! :cry:

You watching qualifying today?
I'm ready for the truck race Friday night. Those are usually much wilder than those safety'ed-up Cup cars running around in packs caution-free for a hundred laps. And the trucks run only a couple mph slower.

Watching, the candy cars are on the front row for now!:D

M&M's #38 (Gilliland) and Snickers #88 (Rudd) stayed there and the Rookie Gilliland is on the pole, interesting. The Toyotas need more Saki in the fuel tank for now!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Watching, the candy cars are on the front row for now!:D

M&M's #38 (Gilliland) and Snickers #88 (Rudd) stayed there and the Rookie Gilliland is on the pole, interesting. The Toyotas need more Saki in the fuel tank for now!
So, how did it go.???

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
So, how did it go.???

Toyotas qualified, 14, 15, 17, 24, 37, 38, 43, 48, but all will run in the Gatorade Duel 150's Thursday for a starting spot in the 500, if it works out for them, who knows. www.nascar.com

X-45
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
NASCAR took the manifold off of Michael Waltrip's No. 55 car after the governing body discovered a foreign substance in the liquid flowing through it. NASCAR flew the part to its research and development center in Charlotte, N.C., and expects to know results from testing early this week.

Waltrip, who has three Toyota teams under his umbrella, was allowed to add another manifold and then participate in Sunday's qualifying, but more poking around is coming. NASCAR impounded the car.

"We'll go over that car with a fine-tooth comb," said Jim Hunter, NASCAR's vice president of corporate communications.

NASCAR keeping an eye on Toyota

trickskier
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I saw "trickskier" on TV lastnight during the Bud Shootout. They did a aerial shot of the racetrack from the helicopter and there he was! I did, I did! Looks like Tony Stewart turned his bad day into a good one!
LOL.......You may have seen me. My seats are in the Nextel Tower very close to the start finish line and I sit in seat #1. I will be there Thursday for the Gatorade Duel's and Sunday for the Daytona 500.
GO DALE JR. #8

TMCNo1
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
LOL.......You may have seen me. My seats are in the Nextel Tower very close to the start finish line and I sit in seat #1. I will be there Thursday for the Gatorade Duel's and Sunday for the Daytona 500.
GO DALE JR. #8

:uglyhamme If you see the helicopter flying around, they may be doing a aerial shot of the entire racetrack, wave at us and wear a MC shirt. I know we will be able to pick you out of 220,000 fans!:uglyhamme :rolleyes:

shepherd
02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
GO DALE JR. #8

Nextel Tower for the Daytona 500? Nice.... :worthy:

I just gave up my Keech Tower tickets for the Pepsi 400 after 10 years. They wouldn't even let us get close to the Nextel Tower (well, they would let us walk under it).

trickskier
02-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Nextel Tower for the Daytona 500? Nice.... :worthy:

I just gave up my Keech Tower tickets for the Pepsi 400 after 10 years. They wouldn't even let us get close to the Nextel Tower (well, they would let us walk under it).
Originally named the Winston Tower, I have had them since it was built. I have seats 1,2,3,&4 to all of Speedweeks. I have not missed a Daytona 500 since 1969.

trickskier
02-13-2007, 11:34 AM
:uglyhamme If you see the helicopter flying around, they may be doing a aerial shot of the entire racetrack, wave at us and wear a MC shirt. I know we will be able to pick you out of 220,000 fans!:uglyhamme :rolleyes:
Sorry #1, this is where the NASCAR comes out in me. I'll be wearing a BUDWEISER Shirt...............:friday:

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Sorry #1, this is where the NASCAR comes out in me. I'll be wearing a BUDWEISER Shirt...............:friday:

And I am going to have to try and pick you out of 219,450 Budweiser shirts! You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!! :uglyhamme
I'm cracking up here!

trickskier
02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
And I am going to have to try and pick you out of 219,450 Budweiser shirts! You gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!! :uglyhamme
I'm cracking up here!
I'll WAVE to ya!!!!! :wavey:

RexDog1
02-14-2007, 03:59 PM
What is going on with Michael Waltrip’s Team???:confused:

Took His Car???? For a bad Manifold????:confused:

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
What is going on with Michael Waltrip’s Team???:confused:

Took His Car???? For a bad Manifold????:confused:

Nascar took his intake manifold because they were suspicious of a foreign liquid found in it and sent it to NASCAR Tech Center in Concord, NC for analysis and let him qualify with a replacement intake. Then they impounded his car after quaifying for a fine tooth comb inspection. I'll post the results of the inspection if I can find it.
Here is the link and it is something to read, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/14/mwaltrip.penalties/index.html
Talk about digging yourself in a hole, wholly cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiDog
02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Nascar took his intake manifold because they were suspicious of a foreign liquid found in it and sent it to NASCAR Tech Center in Charlotte for analysis and let him qualify with a replacement intake. Then they impounded his car after quaifying for a fine tooth comb inspection. I'll post the results of the inspection if I can find it.
The bottom line is his crew cheif has been kicked out of the garage! But remember last year, and the Jimmy Johnson caper. And look what happened at the end!

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
The bottom line is his crew cheif has been kicked out of the garage! But remember last year, and the Jimmy Johnson caper. And look what happened at the end!

Read the edit to Post #110, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LINK,http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/14/mwaltrip.penalties/index.html

Monte
02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Read the edit to Post #110, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LINK,http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/14/mwaltrip.penalties/index.html
NASCAR really hit them hard... What in the hell was the liquid???

TMCNo1
02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Michael Waldrip Racing said it was oil????????????
Nascar still has not determined the origin of the substance. What will be interesting is what they find if anything is wrong with the rest of the car.:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I still think it was Soju...:purplaugh

Monte
02-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I still think it was Soju...:purplaugh

ha ha ha ha ha ha Now that's funny..... I don't care who ya are

Leroy
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Toyoto oil......:D ?

THis is a funny one when they don't even say what he infraction is but suspend people.....

substance had a property contained in jet fuel.......
Adding the substance, described by NASCAR as an oxygenate, would boost the octane in the fuel, thus making the engine run better at higher horsepower. It was believed by NASCAR that the substance worked its way through the fuel system.

Must be it is stabil?

X-45
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM

Heard a guy on the radio speculate it was sterno.:confused:

Monte
02-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Heard a guy on the radio speculate it was sterno.:confused:

I guess that makes sense, but Mikey??? He's deffinitly not one of my favorites but I don't dislike him. I guess Toyota really put the pressure on!! I can't wait to hear Daryll's comments sunday..

trickskier
02-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Headed to Daytona today for the Gatorade Duel 150's........From what I've read Michael Waltrip won't make the field. If he only had the 24th fastest time cheating.......I find it very hard to believe he will find enough speed to make the cut.

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Headed to Daytona today for the Gatorade Duel 150's........From what I've read Michael Waltrip won't make the field. If he only had the 24th fastest time cheating.......I find it very hard to believe he will find enough speed to make the cut.

Coverage starts at 11:00am on the Speed Channel.
It is reported that Michael Waldrip will start in a backup car at the rear of the field in one of the Gatorade Duel 150's, we will see!
This whole new qualifying process for Daytona is so messed up, 35 automatically are qualified into the field by owner points from 2006, 6 positions on qualifying speed and 2 past Champions provisionals = 43 starters, IIRC. All I know from that is, that there is a 100% chance of weather at Daytona on Sunday!

Our local NBC TV station announced that Michael Waldrip's, Crew Chief, Larry (David) Hyder and VP of Competition for MWR, Bobby Kennedy have been fired by Michael Waldrip Racing as a result of the penelties and suspensions. Who knows and from what I see who cares!

SkiDog
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
News Release! It has been reported that a huge puddle of fuel was spotted on the ground under the fuel cell of Waltrips car. Upon futher review, it was discovered that this foriegn substance was.......................

A big pile of Uncle Ben's rice!!!!!!!!!!:D :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 11:08 AM
News Release! It has been reported that a huge puddle of fuel was spotted on the ground under the fuel cell of Waltrips car. Upon futher review, it was discovered that this foriegn substance was.......................

A big pile of Uncle Ben's rice!!!!!!!!!!:D :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Now that's too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saki @ 98.6 degrees??????????????

RexDog1
02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
This year I am going to watch more NASCAR!!!

Why last year when Jimmy Johnson team were caught cheating at Daytona
NASCAR did not take driver points from him???…

I am torn this year…… I like Casey Mears because of his uncle Rick….
But he is racing for Hendrix team and I HATE Hendrix drivers ……

Should I be a local boy Robby Gordon fan?? (You know bull in a china shop) LOL

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
WOW, what drama! All 3 Michael Waldrip cars will be in the Daytona 500 Michael got in by finishing 9th in the 1st Duel, Dale Jarrett will get in on a Champions Provisional and David Reutimann has made it in on qualifying speed and will run in the 2nd Duel coming up now, film @ 11:00.
72 year old James Hylton had a spot earned and got suffled out of the draft during a restart and didn't make the field, that's sad!

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
2nd Duel, OK what happened, Ha, I went to sleep, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Workin' 4 Toys
02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Maybe they can switch over to Lexus cars for '08 and noone will remember "the sterno" ever happened...:rolleyes:

RexDog1
02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
2nd Duel, OK what happened, Ha, I went to sleep, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My wife calls that Napscar……..:D

trickskier
02-15-2007, 08:41 PM
This year I am going to watch more NASCAR!!!

Why last year when Jimmy Johnson team were caught cheating at Daytona
NASCAR did not take driver points from him???…

I am torn this year…… I like Casey Mears because of his uncle Rick….
But he is racing for Hendrix team and I HATE Hendrix drivers ……

Should I be a local boy Robby Gordon fan?? (You know bull in a china shop) LOL
Come on REX............Go with me here, you need to be a Dale Jr. fan. In NASCAR you're either a Dale Jr. fan or a puke gordon fan. It's just like being a GATOR. You're either a GATOR or GATOR BAIT.......there is no in between.................:uglyhamme This is the East Coast trust me here brother, don't go to the DARK SIDE.......I won't steer you wrong...........:D

shepherd
02-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I like Robby Gordon. He creates excitement (wrecks) :smile: just like my previous favorite driver Ernie Irvan.

Monte
02-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I like Robby Gordon. He creates excitement (wrecks) :smile: just like my previous favorite driver Ernie Irvan.

You must be a HUGE Todd Bodine fan:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Jeff Gordon was just placed at the rear of the field Sunday for a "Misaligned" shock mount, according to NASCAR to cause the RR of the car to be 1" too low. The shock mount was found to be bent in the post race inspection, so no fines, suspensions, and penalties. I call BS, BS, BS, on NASCAR, I guess if they keep this up, Jr. will start on the pole where NASCAR wants their most popular driver to be.

Monte
02-15-2007, 10:49 PM
They said on speed news that they are making examples strong and early.......

shepherd
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
You must be a HUGE Todd Bodine fan:rolleyes:

HA! No, but I do like watching the trucks.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-15-2007, 11:50 PM
I guess if they keep this up, Jr. will start on the pole where NASCAR wants their most popular driver to be.Ouch....Tough crowd..

shepherd
02-16-2007, 12:00 AM
I remember when Dale Jr. won the Pepsi 400 at Daytona (with his teammate Mikey coming in 2nd) 5 months after Dale Sr. was killed at the same track. FIXED! CONSPIRACY! ;) :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Ouch....Tough crowd..

I was trying to razz trickskier but he didn't bite. Jr. is who I pull for, but I had to give NASCAR some trash for their being such *%$#*&^(@#?'s with all this inspection garbage! Please, just let these guys RACE!

tex
02-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Did they fine Dick Trickle?

Monte
02-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Did they fine Dick Trickle?

They should fine his parents:rolleyes:

redmike
02-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I remember when Dale Jr. won the Pepsi 400 at Daytona (with his teammate Mikey coming in 2nd) 5 months after Dale Sr. was killed at the same track. FIXED! CONSPIRACY! ;) :rolleyes:
killed while BLOCKING Sterling Marlin from passing him and his son/Mikey Waltrip......

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I want a Ricky Bobby standup poster for my bedroom and a Ricky Bobbyhead bobblehead for the dash of our boat!:cool: :cool: :cool:

RexDog1
02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Jeff Gordon was just placed at the rear of the field Sunday for a "Misaligned" shock mount, according to NASCAR to cause the RR of the car to be 1" too low. The shock mount was found to be bent in the post race inspection, so no fines, suspensions, and penalties. I call BS, BS, BS, on NASCAR, I guess if they keep this up, Jr. will start on the pole where NASCAR wants their most popular driver to be.

If NASCAR found this after the 500 on Sunday would we even know about it???

Or would that take his win away???

RexDog1
02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Come on REX............Go with me here, you need to be a Dale Jr. fan. In NASCAR you're either a Dale Jr. fan or a puke gordon fan. It's just like being a GATOR. You're either a GATOR or GATOR BAIT.......there is no in between.................:uglyhamme This is the East Coast trust me here brother, don't go to the DARK SIDE.......I won't steer you wrong...........:D

I will never, never be a Gordon Fan!!!!!!!

I hate Jeff Gordon “and his girl friend Jimmy” (MYMC)

I think Smoke has it all under control this weekend!!!!

Monte
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I will never, never be a Gordon Fan!!!!!!!

I hate Jeff Gordon “and his girl friend Jimmy” (MYMC)

I think Smoke has it all under control this weekend!!!!

I like ole Smoke.. He is a heck of a driver.. If he and Jr can get hooked up this weekend look out.. They should stay at the front...:cool:

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I like ole Smoke.. He is a heck of a driver.. If he and Jr can get hooked up this weekend look out.. They should stay at the front...:cool:

Them Dordges may rattle their cages some, if not all of the race Sunday, IMO!:eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Monte
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Them Dordges may rattle their cages some it not all of the race Sunday, IMO!:eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

I'll be pulling for Jr. Myself, but the wife likes Casey Kayne. Soooo it might be my lucky day if the dodges do well... Then again... she is not THAT into NASCAR...

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I'll be pulling for Jr. Myself, but the wife likes Casey Kayne. Soooo it might be my lucky day if the dodges do well... Then again... she is not THAT into NASCAR...

So you are saying, if you told her Kahne (Candy Kahne) won, she would think it was one of the front row Candy Cars?:rolleyes:

Monte
02-16-2007, 01:50 PM
So you are saying, if you told her Kahne (Candy Kahne) won, she would think it was one of the front row Candy Cars?:rolleyes:

I am so confused now:confused: :confused:

RexDog1
02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok put it down now…….who will win the 500??????? On Sunday??
Not who you would like to see win …….??????

Who will win the 500?

I say the 20 car ……………….. wow I am going out on a limb !!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Monte
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Who will win the 500?

8 and 8.....

TMCNo1
02-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Who will win the 500?

Lord, I'll get thrown under the bus, plane, train, car truck, for this, but, Jeffrenettea Goredon. Based on performance, team, history and he has been awfully quiet during Speedweeks.

RexDog1
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Lord, I'll get thrown under the bus, plane, train, car truck, for this, but, Jeffrenettea Goredon. Based on performance, team, history and he has been awfully quiet during Speedweeks.

lol lol Jeffrenettea Goredon.........funny:D

shepherd
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Kenny Schrader :)

Maristar210
02-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I say the son of a tabacco farmer, Cale Yaborough, old school style driving a Wood brothers Mercury wins the whole damn thing :D

Then he gets out of the Mercury and punches Jimmy Johnson in the face:D

trickskier
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I say the son of a tabacco farmer, Cale Yaborough, old school style driving a Wood brothers Mercury wins the whole damn thing :D

Then he gets out of the Mercury and punches Jimmy Johnson in the face:D
Now that would be funny...........:uglyhamme

SkiDog
02-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Jr. will win cause it's the 6th anniversary for his dads death on Sunday.
Devine intervention!

André
02-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Watching the truck series on speed channel.
Beside the body style ,what's the difference with the regular Busch and Nextel cars?:confused:

tex
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
....................................Go #96!.....................................

shepherd
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
What's with all the freakin' Toyotas in the front??? :confused:

If my boy Travis had some Ford help, he would have won that race. Great finish though. More proof to me that the truck races are more exciting than the Cup races.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Watching the truck series on speed channel.
Beside the body style ,what's the difference with the regular Busch and Nextel cars?:confused:

Basically, trucks are same spec as Busch, except body, then the Busch has a shorter wheelbase and a select few engine differences than Nextel cup cars.

TMCNo1
02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
What's with all the freakin' Toyotas in the front??? :confused:

If my boy Travis had some Ford help, he would have won that race. Great finish though. More proof to me that the truck races are more exciting than the Cup races.

Yea, more like your local Saturday night short track shootouts!
Most drivers are aging out Busch and Nextel drivers mixed with the new young guns just up from the late model ranks, so all are either desperately holding on to a career or trying to make a statement to get some attention to move up to Busch and or Nextel Cup. Perfect combo to watch, unless your like me and sleep thru the race???????????????????????

Jerseydave
02-17-2007, 09:19 AM
What production engine is the Toyota based from? Do they put pushrod engines in their trucks? (I thought all Toyota V-8's are overhead cam engines)

They must be building race engines that don't resemble anything you can buy from the factory. At least with GM, Ford and Dodge you can still buy a truck with a pushrod engine.

IMO, adding Toyota to NASCAR (cars) this year will ruffle alot of feathers. Racing a Camry body, what's next a bunch of mini-vans going around the track? :rolleyes:

trickskier
02-17-2007, 09:23 AM
What production engine is the Toyota based from? Do they put pushrod engines in their trucks? (I thought all Toyota V-8's are overhead cam engines)

They must be building race engines that don't resemble anything you can buy from the factory. At least with GM, Ford and Dodge you can still buy a truck with a pushrod engine.

IMO, adding Toyota to NASCAR (cars) this year will ruffle alot of feathers. Racing a Camry body, what's next a bunch of mini-vans going around the track? :rolleyes:
Yes, they use pushrods.

shepherd
02-17-2007, 11:01 AM
what's next a bunch of mini-vans going around the track? :rolleyes:

Haven't you heard? In 2009, NASCAR will be kicking off its new "NASCAR ToysRUs Minivan Series" (NTRUMS) :D

Should bring superspeedway drafting and slingshotting to a Hooooo Nuvvvvvva Lebbbbbbbbal!

trickskier
02-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Pic from Gatorade Duels

trickskier
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
And another

RexDog1
02-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Pic from Gatorade Duels

Who drives the #8 Car???????

trickskier
02-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Who drives the #8 Car???????
I don't know????? I only pull for him because he's sponsored by Budweiser.............LOL........ I don't know what I would do if Cutty sponsored a car???? :friday:

betsy&david Harrison
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm starting to like Dale Jr. more and more these days. Think I'm gonna start pullin for him.:D

trickskier
02-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm starting to like Dale Jr. more and more these days. Think I'm gonna start pullin for him.:D
Now that's the SPIRIT!!!!!

tex
02-17-2007, 12:48 PM
And another
Go 96.......

tex
02-17-2007, 12:48 PM
That #8 car makes me thirsty!

cst573
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
They are definately making a statement with the fines and suspensions.

trickskier
02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I just hope puke gordon gets caught up in the big one...........Pics to follow after I get back from Daytona tomorrow evening........:headbang:

trickskier
02-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Time to head to Daytona. The Sun has come out, but it is still WINDY & COLD...........
GO DALE JR!!!

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Hold 1st postition

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Trickskier tried to call me as the cars were approaching the Green Flag, but there probably was 75,000 others trying to do the same thing and couldn't get thru, but what a great effort. Thanks rick, that was special!!!!!!!!!

cbryan70
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
hahahahhahahaha would have been cool to hear

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Now, after 30 Laps #2 Kurt Bush leads the pack!

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Trickskier tried to call me.
Thanks rick, that was special!!!!!!!!!Hey TMC #1,
I think I just saw him, Rick that is on one of the turns :purplaugh:

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I REALLY HOPE, t stewart BLOWS his engine :mad:

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Jus got a call from No Skeez from WI, he and his bud's jus' finally arrived to here in Winter Haven and are at a local pub watch'n the race sooooooooooooooo I'm head'n down there now to hook up w/ 'em all and share some :friday::toast:
I'll take pic's to post when I stumble back in later today :D

shepherd
02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't know if you guys watching noticed. At the beginning of the race, the TV guy said the Corvette pace car had a 505 hp engine and was capable of over 190 mph. That means the pace car is faster than the race cars! (the Cup cars only reach speeds into the 180s and the engines only develop about 425 hp with the restrictor plates).

Something is wrong with that :cool:
Restrictor plates are dumb.

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Trickskier finally got thru to me by phone and let us listen to the whole pack coming off turn 4 and down the front stretch past him, WOW, sounded like I was there, thanks trick!

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Who would have thunk that Mark Martin in a Chevy (Past 20 years in a Jack Roush Ford) would be leading and get beat by a foot by Kevin Harvick who came from nowhere on the superstretch to challenger for the win at the line. Chevrolets rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlfootr
02-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Jus got a call from No Skeez from WI, he and his bud's jus' finally arrived to here in Winter Haven and are at a local pub watch'n the race sooooooooooooooo I'm head'n down there now to hook up w/ 'em all and share some :friday::toast:
I'll take pic's to post when I stumble back in later today :DGREAT TYME, GREAT PPL ... GREAT RACE!

RexDog1
02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
All I am going to say is............

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Don't get much closer than this,

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
This was about 1000' before the finish line,

Leroy
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Didn't this race just show why everyone loves NASCAR!!!!!

TMCNo1
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Didn't this race just show why everyone loves NASCAR!!!!!

That's right, TV said Daytona sold enough hotdogs today, that placed end to end, would circle the 2 1/2 mile racetrack 3 times. Then they said that 1/2 of them were in Jimmy Spencer's (Mr. Excitement) stomach.
While being a crew member for a Nascar Modified, I got to know Jimmy Spencer when he drove a Modified up North and would come South to race @ Martinsville before his Busch, Nextel, Truck career, when they ran 4 races a year there, He really isn't quite right, one funny guy. We've seen him a couple years of late @ the Central Carolina Boat Show in Greensboro, NC looking at boats and tried to hook him up with MC but he wanted something bigger, so..............................?

Leroy
02-18-2007, 10:36 PM
So.....you sold him a 280?

Great story! I went ot 1/3 mile dirt track every Saturday night near my home, fun races, but none of them went anywhere, other than to jail every once in a while.....

That's right, TV said Daytona sold enough hotdogs today, that placed end to end, would circle the 2 1/2 mile racetrack 3 times. Then they said that 1/2 of them were in Jimmy Spencer's (Mr. Excitement) stomach.
While being a crew member for a Nascar Modified, I got to know Jimmy Spencer when he drove a Modified up North and would come South to race @ Martinsville before his Busch, Nextel, Truck career, when they ran 4 races a year there, He really isn't quite right, one funny guy. We've seen him a couple years of late @ the Central Carolina Boat Show in Greensboro, NC looking at boats and tried to hook him up with MC but he wanted something bigger, so..............................?

shepherd
02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
News from Daytona:

The electronic sign on the side of Interstate 4 is supposed to warn motorists of an upcoming exit.

This weekend, someone reprogrammed it with a slightly different message: "NASCAR sucks. Go home."

Florida Department of Transportation officials said a prankster with the right kind of keyboard and a password changed the sign this weekend as hundreds of thousands of race fans poured into the area.

But the cow is OK! 8p

It's the first time Homan has encountered such a prank but not the first time the DOT used one of its signs to send a non-transportation message.

Several years ago, alarmed motorists called highway officials to report that cows grazing in a marshy area near the I-4 bridge were drowning.

The cattle were just sinking a little in the soft pasture, so DOT workers programmed a sign to read: "The cow is OK."

trickskier
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Pics from the Daytona 500

Kelly Clarkson

trickskier
02-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Kelly again

trickskier
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Dale Jr.............

trickskier
02-22-2007, 05:57 PM
View from my seat......

RexDog1
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Kelly again

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Fat?:confused:

trickskier
02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Pre Race..............

trickskier
02-22-2007, 06:01 PM
More Pre Race

trickskier
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM

trickskier
02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Start of the Race

trickskier
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Fat?:confused:
Yeah, She looked like she's put on a few LBS...............:rolleyes:

RexDog1
02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Cool Photos
Nice seats, must have been cool to see the last lap?:cool:

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
This sucks,
NASCAR has told Kevin Harvick to stop using the helmet/helmets he wore the last 2 weeks and during his win in the Daytona 500. Sunoco (the Official Fuel of NASCAR) complained because Kevin's helmet only had a Shell logo showing, meaning fuel, where the car had Shell/Pennzoil on it, which represents the lubricant division. He will use his Busch helmets this weekend in California, till he has new Shell/Pennzoil helmets made.:mad: :mad:

trickskier
02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Cool Photos
Nice seats, must have been cool to see the last lap?:cool:
Yes it was, Clint came sliding by upside down on fire. I had already put my camera away and wanted to make a quick getaway to be the crowd.

Monte
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Looks like you had a good time... Next year...... I'll be there!!!!

trickskier
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
This sucks,
NASCAR has told Kevin Harvick to stop using the helmet/helmets he wore the last 2 weeks and during his win in the Daytona 500.

I believe he has to tone down his firesuit too.......

trickskier
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Looks like you had a good time... Next year...... I'll be there!!!!
That sounds good Monte. We'll talk about it at CSM.........:rolleyes:

Monte
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Sure thing trick... why all the controversy over Happy's suit? Next thing you know, Chevy's won't be allowed in the Ford 400....

trickskier
02-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Sure thing trick... why all the controversy over Happy's suit?
The Shell emblem on the suit......The Official Fuel of NASCAR is SUNOCO.....And they were upset by see a competing brand in victory lane and their name not mentioned.

Monte
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
The Shell emblem on the suit......The Official Fuel of NASCAR is SUNOCO.....And they were upset by see a competing brand in victory lane and their name not mentioned.

Holy Cow...... :confused: :confused: :mad:

trickskier
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Holy Cow...... :confused: :confused: :mad:
EGO's.....................8p

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 11:08 PM
EGO's.....................8p

Sunoco is accusing Shell of getting free advertizing for their fuel, if Pennzoil is not shown with the Shell logo (lubricants division).

trickskier
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Sunoco is accusing Shell of getting free advertizing for their fuel, if Pennzoil is not shown with the Shell logo (lubricants division).
I wouldn't call what they spend to sponsor that car "FREE ADVERTISING" The whole concept behind sponsoring a car in NASCAR is to get the car on TV.............And that's exactly what they did.

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't call what they spend to sponsor that car "FREE ADVERTISING" The whole concept behind sponsoring a car in NASCAR is to get the car on TV.............And that's exactly what they did.

Shell is still using this sponsorship to promote their gas stations, but in the following article they are into it with RCR as a research bed for their lubricants, which is where Pennzoil comes in, but you would never know it, that's why Sunoco is getting picky about it, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/business/02/06/shell.RCR.sponsorship.kharvick/index.html

Monte
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Sounds like Sunoco execs are acting like a bunch of two year olds.....

shepherd
02-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I wonder how Lowe's felt when Tony Stewart's Home Depot car won at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
I wonder if Jeff Gordon was wearing his Pepsi colors when he won the Coca Cola 600.
:rolleyes:

betsy&david Harrison
02-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I wonder if I could call in sick with anal glaucoma so I could go to the race......

I just can't see myself hauling my a$$ into work that day

TMCNo1
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I wonder how Lowe's felt when Tony Stewart's Home Depot car won at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
I wonder if Jeff Gordon was wearing his Pepsi colors when he won the Coca Cola 600.
:rolleyes:
Jeff Gordon has a small Pepsi on his uniform, but when he is sponsored by Pepsi on a car in the past it was in a Busch race.
Home Depot is the "Official Home Improvement Sponsor" of NASCAR, not Bruton Smith who owns LMS.

They had a riff year before last over the Gatorade and Powerade issue, when Jimmy Johnson knocked a big Gatorade bottle off the roof of his car and then drank Powerade in a Gatorade Victory Circle, a NO, NO. The Hendrick organization knew better and IIRC they were fined for it.

The bottom line is, NASCAR tells all the teams what is and is not allowed, because they are the scantioning body and the teams have to play within those rules.

TMCNo1
02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Finally, NASCAR is showing a article on the Sunoco/Shell problems, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/24/kharvick.shell.sponsor/index.html

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Finally, NASCAR is showing a article on the Sunoco/Shell problems, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/24/kharvick.shell.sponsor/index.html

Its Payton Place With Rednecks in "STOCK" Cars. :noface:

TMCNo1
02-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Its Payton Place With Rednecks in "STOCK" Cars. :noface:

Big corporate dollars camplaining about big corporate dollars and the "Rednecks" in Stock Cars are living in $3 million homes on the lake, driving $1 million motorcoaches, darn trailer trash!

Monte
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Well Jr. starts fifth........ "Jefferina Gordina" starts 1st.. Can I get an amen on a good race coming up!!

TMCNo1
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Well Jr. starts fifth........ "Jefferina Gordina" starts 1st.. Can I get an amen on a good race coming up!!

Amen Brutha, Amen, Heala!!!!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
02-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I'll be watching from start to finish...may it be just as exciting and destructive as last weekends Daytona :)

TMCNo1
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I reluctantly watched the Busch "Whatever Race" from Mexico City yesterday afternoon. What a farse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was Wan Plueto Moneytoy's race before it ever started. I bet Scott Pruett will never drive for Ganassi again, cause we haven't heard the last of this little episode.

Monte
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I reluctantly watched the Busch "Whatever Race" from Mexico City yesterday afternoon. What a farse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was Wan Plueto Moneytoy's race before it ever started. I bet Scott Pruett will never drive for Ganassi again, cause we haven't heard the last of this little episode.

I didn't get to see the whole race, but IMHO Mantoya HAD the line, and Pruitt unsuccessfully tried to shut the door, yes he could have backed off and waited for another lap, but I think Mantoya did what he had to do. And did it right........

ski_king
03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Scott Pruett drives the Daytona Prototype cars for Ganassi, so I bet he continues (for at least this year).
As far as Montoya taking him out. I agree Montoya had the line and Pruitt came into him. It is alays fun watching teammates taking each other out.

betsy&david Harrison
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Vegas Baby! How many days??? Can we say 6?!!

RexDog1
03-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I didn't get to see the whole race, but IMHO Mantoya HAD the line, and Pruitt unsuccessfully tried to shut the door, yes he could have backed off and waited for another lap, but I think Mantoya did what he had to do. And did it right........

I am by no expert on racing… but I have racer go-karts for about 25+ years

And I watched the race yesterday and Monte is right….Mantoya HAD the line

Pruitt is a good road racer but Mantoya was the class of the field

jlf
03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Two and a half weeks until we leave for Bristol. We watched that crash, nothing like watching teammates take eachother out. Now that is racing IMO!! Did you see the crew chiefs go at it then?

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Well, things are happening,
DEI and Chip Ganassi Racing will merge teams in 2009, http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/11/12/dei.ganassi.merger/index.html.
Wow, what a surprise? Yea, right!

JMann
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm a fan but being on the west coast only get to go to 1 maybe 2 races a year. I live about 45 minutes from Sears point. I go to that one every year then I try to go to the Vegas or one of the Fontana races.
DEI is a joke with Teressa running it. Hopefully this will turn that whole organization around.

TMCNo1
11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, I don't think this was totally unexpected,
http://www.myfoxcharlotte.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?version=2&pageId=3.2.1&layoutCode=TSTY&locale=EN-US&contentId=7761053
and
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/11/13/car.manufacturers/index.html

After a government bailout, NASCAR will be racing the USA Obama Cup COD car (Car of the Donk) and it will be based off this prototype that has been tested on the streets of our country,

ShamrockIV
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
#1 the is the new limo for the president!!!!

TMCNo1
11-14-2008, 09:54 AM
#1 the is the new limo for the president!!!!

It will fit right in as a race car with the partial government ownership of NASCAR after the bailout!:rolleyes::(:o

That's "Change", and could get us partially back to the basics of what is called a "Stock Car" or at least closer!

ShamrockIV
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
It will fit right in as a race car with the partial government ownership of NASCAR after the bailout!:rolleyes::(:o

true but i would like to see the jack man tote a jack big enough and also see the tire carriers hauling those wheels areound!!! they are heavy as h@ll!!! lol

TMCNo1
11-14-2008, 10:00 AM
true but i would like to see the jack man tote a jack big enough and also see the tire carriers hauling those wheels areound!!! they are heavy as h@ll!!! lol

Well, at least they will return to the 30 second pit stop and add some real excitement during the race, if a tire gets loose on pit road!

TMCNo1
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Well, things are happening,
DEI and Chip Ganassi Racing will merge teams in 2009, http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/11/12/dei.ganassi.merger/index.html.
Wow, what a surprise? Yea, right!

Our local TV station says DEI/Ganassi will lay off as many as 110 high paid employees and NASCAR says as many as 1000 high paying jobs may be lost in the industry with announcements coming after the final 2008 race at Homestead!

coz
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
#1 why do I picture your grand kids looking like this?
http://www.radicalcentrism.com/rc_movie/FunnyPart-com-nascar_baby.jpg
http://www.radicalcentrism.com/rc_movie/car01222.gif

JMann
11-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Can we all say let go Carl Edwards!!!!!
We don't want JJ to win a 3rd in a row.

03 35th Anniversary
11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Can we all say let go Carl Edwards!!!!!
We don't want JJ to win a 3rd in a row.

This is a no win situation for me.....

My ex-ole lady loves the 99 and I hate the 48!!!!!! :mad:

TMCNo1
11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
#1 why do I picture your grand kids looking like this?
http://www.radicalcentrism.com/rc_movie/FunnyPart-com-nascar_baby.jpg
http://www.radicalcentrism.com/rc_movie/car01222.gif

Nowhere near that, but I am working on a MasterCraft tattoo!:rolleyes::uglyhamme