PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing SkillS!

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
OK here is something i did in my spare time. Just to see what i could make of it and turned out pretty well i guess...:D thought you guys might like. Now its not the best boarding in the world. But you never catch the good stuff on camera! Plus this was shot last summer so... lol

I also built the site as a project for my web design class sorta and i used windows movie maker to make the video if you were wondering.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think!

**be paintent sometimes the video is choppy the first time it goes but if you let it run then just click play again when its done it wont chop**

http://members.cox.net/lakehouseproductions/video.html

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
let it load its being sooooo slow sry guys

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Do you consume large amounts of Tylenol? Some of those faceplants even made my head hurt!:D

Nice job on the project!!!!!!!!!!!

milkmania
01-17-2007, 10:02 PM
impressive, you should be proud!

SKI*MC
01-17-2007, 10:20 PM
thats cool, im in the process of editing mine now. (not sure if you still case that wake or not, but if you do, cut out further, those wake casing will be the end of your knees, they were for mine! :rolleyes: )

Monte
01-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Good job on the video:cool: :cool:

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 11:08 PM
thats cool, im in the process of editing mine now. (not sure if you still case that wake or not, but if you do, cut out further, those wake casing will be the end of your knees, they were for mine! :rolleyes: )

I was cutting out as far as i was comfortable with.. that was my first week on the new board and i didn't have fat sacks when i was doing it. And that was a long time ago. Now i go w2w no problem but im going to wait till summer to get some new footage!:D

Farmer Ted
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
looks good

what software are you using to edit?

Leroy
01-17-2007, 11:26 PM
The video looks really great and fun to watch! Except for the scene cuts to music about 2/3 of the way through.....it was to the music, but my eyes are still twitching.:shocked:

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 12:07 AM
hahaha sry i was out of ideas lol

did you ever figure out where that nut and washerwas from? Was i right? Was it from the pylon?

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 12:08 AM
looks good

what software are you using to edit?

windows movie maker if you have xp you should have it

Leroy
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM
I do like slo mo and backward scenes of wakeboarding.

No, haven't been back to my boat, but I'm betting it is pylon nut.

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
ya well let me know i bet thats were its from

and thanks for the only good vote in the poll man!!

rodltg2
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
good job, if thats the slow wake for wakeboarding on your boat, im stoked to see the slalom wake. !!! that thing was flat..

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 12:20 AM
its a 1991 maristar 210 with no ballast shes a beast i love her!!

Sodar
01-18-2007, 12:26 AM
good job, if thats the slow wake for wakeboarding on your boat, im stoked to see the slalom wake. !!! that thing was flat..

Looks good dude!!

Thats what my 96 looks like!! ;)

Farmer Ted
01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
windows movie maker if you have xp you should have it

I've got Adobe Premiere Elements, not too dificult to learn, I was playing around with some stock MC footage.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4772973238814210197&pr=goog-sl

mbeach
01-18-2007, 12:36 AM
looks good. your first attempt at the video thing? where are you in the fla panhandle with water that clear. can only think of a few places but shoreline does not look like fla. merrits mill pond? wakula river? spring creek at deerpoint lake?

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-18-2007, 12:41 AM
hey man good work on the video skills...i have a tip 4 u about wakeboarding...i see that u are just getting used to jumping that wake..so i guess you only been doing this 4 a year or 2...well that board u are using looks like a parks board if im right....u should try a board that is a little less advanced and give that a shot...u should hit those landings a bit better than learn boarding from there...the parks board is made for cutting and hitting that wake hard....im not trying to tell you what to do it is just a tip...goodluck out there

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 12:46 AM
looks good. your first attempt at the video thing? where are you in the fla panhandle with water that clear. can only think of a few places but shoreline does not look like fla. merrits mill pond? wakula river? spring creek at deerpoint lake?

Haha threw you a curve ball there its actually shot on lake keowee in SC with is were our lake house is hence "Lake House Productions" hehe but its a great lake!!

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 01:05 AM
hey man good work on the video skills...i have a tip 4 u about wakeboarding...i see that u are just getting used to jumping that wake..so i guess you only been doing this 4 a year or 2...well that board u are using looks like a parks board if im right....u should try a board that is a little less advanced and give that a shot...u should hit those landings a bit better than learn boarding from there...the parks board is made for cutting and hitting that wake hard....im not trying to tell you what to do it is just a tip...goodluck out there

Hey thanks for the tip! But you are wrong in two ways lol . One its not a parks close tough its a byerly. Second i have been riding a long time but.... not on that board that was my first time out on the board when i got it early last summer a good 6 months ago. Before that i was riden with sandle bindings and junk soo you could say that this is my true start but in reality i have been on the water forever (still have the scuffer).And i have been wakeboarding non stop since then. Lots of hours on this board. And after going out this past weekendand finally geting someone to tape me again i noticed a huge difference on the pop off of the wake the board is explosive!! After comparing the two videos i have the difference is amazing. Another thing to consider is that the boat i was riding off of was the 91 210 with no ballast in the video. This past weekend i was riding on the 190 with no ballast and i still was getting more pop than before off of the smaller wake of the 190. Its all about the form baby!!

Oh and i new nothing about loading the line or cutting all the way through the wake back then (in the video). I was just flattening out and pushing off....lol

I do realize that this is a very advanced unforgiving board but i feel that i am actually very comfortable with it and i didnt want to go with a lower board then want to upgrade in 2 months. i do wish i went with a murray instead though that board is sick!!

I will post a new video this spring and you will be amazed!!

**oh and i only posted the video for the editing not so much the bad riding...lol i was afraid of this....lol hehe

but thanks dude any more tips that will put me in orbit next time i hit that wake W/ ballast!! heheheh ya

nice x star!!! :headbang:

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
I've got Adobe Premiere Elements, not too dificult to learn, I was playing around with some stock MC footage.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4772973238814210197&pr=goog-sl

man i wish i could get some shots like that of me wakeboarding but i don t have those kind of resources........

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM
thanks for the compliment on the boat....sorry i said the wrong board i ment the byerly cuz of the fin design on the edges...that kool that you feel comfortable on that board...i been boarding for 3 years and got on one this summer and almost killed myself..i hit the wake twice as fast as im used to ...lol...well it made a good picture...you should look at getting some ballest...they are awsome to have..wether you are trying to wakeboard or trying to piss the old people off that are in there little paddle boat( which i never done before...HEHEHEHE) they are a must have...good luck on ride this next season

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 01:38 AM
heheh ya i know i got two 440lb for xmas haven t tried em out on the mairstar yet im sure that will be as good as a lower x seris.!!!!!!!!! ya i was wondering because the byerly is pretty unmisstakable (i can t spell tonight) but i wasn t able to try out the 440 this weekend because we had people and space is tight on the prostar soooo the ballast didnt happen but the people made up for some of that...nawwww lol

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 01:41 AM
good talken to you craig the man!! i will see if i can PM you some pictures of my wake take off , the indy grab inbetween!!, and the smooth landing down the second ramp!! from this past weekend!

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 01:44 AM
oh and kayaks or john boats are more fun!!(fishermen hate me) hahah well paddle boats are just plain old school haahha!!

atlfootr
01-18-2007, 10:07 AM
good job sam, what program did you use to to lay down the transparent myspace.com logo in the lower right hand corner?

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
its hosted by myspace so it puts it there automatically after you upload

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM
yea im going to get some pic up soon to..i like to piss the old people cuz they get so angry its funny.lol nice talking to you 2

mbeach
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Haha threw you a curve ball there its actually shot on lake keowee in SC with is were our lake house is hence "Lake House Productions" hehe but its a great lake!!
i am familiar with keowee. looked at property there, but purchased a lot on lake watauga in tn instead. sold it 2 yrs ago. wish i still had it because it was as close to heaven as i will get in this lifetime. problem was good medical care was hours away and power/roads are a problem in winter snows in the mountains. anyway, good lake and close to clemson.

SDAhockey21
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM
yup keowee property is gold right Now!!! wonderful lake! i plan to go to clemson for collage and life at the lake and ski and wakeboard every day!!!!!!!!!!!

mitch
01-20-2007, 11:18 AM

Along the lines of what I was thinking. Another thing is you need to edge harder to the wake-->Progressive, and hold the edge ALL the thru the top of the wake. That and keep the handle closer to your waist- think pushing down on the handle

Oh and very nice job on the video!!!!!!! I like it!!

SDAhockey21
01-20-2007, 05:43 PM
yes i know i already explained to craig the man why i look like a newbie in the vid....i knew nothing of loading the line progressive edging ,edging all the way threw the wake bla bla i was just flattening out, and pushing off i didn t post for my lack of riding skills just my editing skills lol haha