PDA

View Full Version : list your favorite color scheme

Ole Miss Rebels
01-17-2007, 01:45 PM
i am considering trading for an 07 x star. i was curious what everyone thinks is a good color combo. i currently have black and viper red. it is beautiful but if i trade i might want to do something different. i think i would like black and pro-tour red or black and grey. what would you put on an 07 x star? and would you get the grafitti or the switch graphics? i think i would prefer the switch although the grafitti looks good in the ad where the x-star is next to an iceberg. white with blue grafitti. anyway, what's everyone's opinion? i'd like for it to be classic and tasetful and not look dated in a year or two. thanks in advance. does anyone know what is the best selling scheme at this time for x-stars? thanks in advance.

pq2
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
i love black, my boat is black, but its very hard to keep it nice and shine in salt water, if you are in fresh water, go with black, red and grey.

Mag_Red
01-17-2007, 02:33 PM
NJ Skier just picked up a sweet X Star that was Black. Looked pretty damned :cool: to me.

TX.X-30 fan
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
BLACK(enough said)

Sodar
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I love a lot of white with grey and black accents...

Flatwaterfooter
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I love a lot of white with grey and black accents...

That is exactly what my boat is. The only problem is the black on the seats get real hot

sanjuan23
01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
While I do love the look of an all white hull with accent water line colors. I gotta say that someone around the DFW Metroplex has one of the most beautiful 209's with the Astro Topaz and White Color Scheme. :) Wish I had gotten his name a couple of months ago. He was thinking of selling:(

prostar205
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Metal Flake all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is red and I love it.

I have also seen some Silver Metal Flake boats with black and they look great.

duckguy
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Nuff said!

sanjuan23
01-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Duck your never slow with pictures of that great looking ride!

skeeler
01-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Here is what I would do.... Khaki / Blue Metal Flake.

duckguy
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
nope proud father-I open the wallet and the picture thing accordians out to the floor.

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Black and Red

Jerseydave
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Here's a pic of mine again.............I love this combo.

Also, Nuckinfutz has the opposite with white on the sides, black bottom and a little black above the rub rail.

The NYC boat show had an '07 that I loved.........black bottom, silver metalflake sides with the new switch graphics, just a little black above the rub rail. VERY NICE (I was told that boat was $90K ++!

RobertT
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Hmmmm. I am partial to white and black myself. On the other hand my favorite current color for a Mastercraft boat is slate gray.

I am torn. With an Xstar, either white an black with zero color anywhere or slate gray top and bottom with yellow on the rear. Looks awesome!

Now, if I were to get a new X1 they dont come in slate gray so now what? Red!!! or black.

Black from the rubrail down with a red top would be absolutely beautiful, but how is the maintenance.

hey, good spot for a black color question.

How hard is black to keep looking decent? I keep my boat year round on a lift. I wash and do a quick boat bright every week or two, but thats about it. Water inst too hard, but I do get spots yet on the yellow or white of my boat its not very visible.

Those that have or have had black...is it like a car? Is bright red that much better?

Jerseydave
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm. I am partial to white and black myself. On the other hand my favorite current color for a Mastercraft boat is slate gray.

I am torn. With an Xstar, either white an black with zero color anywhere or slate gray top and bottom with yellow on the rear. Looks awesome!

Now, if I were to get a new X1 they dont come in slate gray so now what? Red!!! or black.

Black from the rubrail down with a red top would be absolutely beautiful, but how is the maintenance.

hey, good spot for a black color question.

How hard is black to keep looking decent? I keep my boat year round on a lift. I wash and do a quick boat bright every week or two, but thats about it. Water inst too hard, but I do get spots yet on the yellow or white of my boat its not very visible.

Those that have or have had black...is it like a car? Is bright red that much better?

Too soon to tell for me, but my black is above the waterline so that should help. I'll be using a spray mixture of apple cider vinegar and water to clean-up water spots at the end of the day. My brother-in-law had a black corvette that he would occasionally use a clay bar on it to keep it shiny and remove dirt and oxidation. It worked great for him, so it should be good on a boat as well.

Red is nice, but keep it out of the sun. All reds will fade, even though I would guess the MC gelcoat resists fading the best. Either way, get a boat cover that extends to the waterline to resist fading.
Just my $.02.

Footin
01-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Erkle has a pimpin red and black 07 Xstar for sale.

RobertT
01-17-2007, 09:28 PM
My cover extends down way past the water line so UV damage should not be a problem...

http://www.trask.smugmug.com/gallery/773190

I use my boat way more than clean it. Most of you would FREAK COMPLETELY OUT!!! I dont have a single scratch after over 250 hours in two years, but beer cans do remain on the floor when I come down the next day from time to time.

Wiping it down daily is not going to happen.

Once a week..I can live with that.

suedv
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Purple is my favorite color. Do they make purple MasterCrafts? I think purple and white with yellow accents in seats etc. would really look sharp.

dapicatti
01-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Black/White with switch graphics....the grafitti look is cool, I just would be bored with it. Maybe with some silverflake in there somewhere.

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-18-2007, 01:22 AM
black always looks sweet

Maristar210
01-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Purple is my favorite color. Do they make purple MasterCrafts? I think purple and white with yellow accents in seats etc. would really look sharp.

Wow I had to read that twice. Purple has always been my favorite color. Must have been the 5000 grape popsickles I ate as a kid. There is a mid 90's 190 on the T'apple river that is purple. I like it, but I am one of few who do. They are a bunch of barefooters too so it's cool to watch.

Maybe PURPLE accents ith balck and white?

Mikey
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I think this color scheme looks awesome. Im not sure if something like this could be done on an X-star though.:cool:

Danimal
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I think this color scheme looks awesome. Im not sure if something like this could be done on an X-star though.:cool:

That is AWESOME!!!!!

duckguy
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Very Sweet Prostar, it could be done. Tint looks good to-

Harvey
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
White is CLASSIC, throw a little black in there to break it up. :D
http://www.theharveystudio.com/gallery/d/70-3/DSC_0503.JPG