PDA

View Full Version : Trim tab on X Star???

Ole Miss Rebels
01-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Has anyone ever put a trim tab on the new x star? I was just curious. I see them on other types of wakeboard-specific boats to help shape the wake. thanks in advance.

Jim@BAWS
01-17-2007, 11:23 AM
One quilk word...Actually 2

Why? and DON"T !!!

88 PS190
01-17-2007, 12:17 PM
I've seen them put on some maristars...

Lesser boats sometimes need adjustment.

nuckinfutz
01-17-2007, 01:28 PM
What shape are you looking for?

Ole Miss Rebels
01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
i probably confused you with the question. i am pleased with my boat, just trying to learn why some boats have them and some apparently don't. i see supras and centurions and malibus with them. i remember riding behind the supra and the owner was able to snip the top couple of inches off of the wake, essentially rounding the top off. it took a little of the abruptness out of the launch. of course, her boat had more of a vertical wake than an xstar and maybe for less able riders losing some of the kick was beneficial. thanks for your response.

michael freeman
01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
The Trim tab came standard on my X-30 in '06. I like it and use it all the time to adjust the ride and/or wake. I use my boat for everything, so I really like having that extra control. I do believe there was some porpoiseing issues that the tab allowed you to correct without adding water to the forward/center ballast. My friends and myself are all newbies so this allows me to have some control without adding ballast. If you are buying an X-Star you are probably going to correct this issue when you add ballast for your riders.