PDA

View Full Version : Engine Warranty

BrianM
01-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Just got the WSM Boat Buyers Guide and immediately noticed that Mastercraft has reduced their engine warranty to 1 year :( . I couldn't believe what I was reading. I checked the 2004 guide and sure enough last year was 3 years on the engine. What gives??!!

The other of the big three offer 3 year engine warranties! Malibu uses Indmar engines and they are still offering three years. To be fair some other aspects of the warranty have increased in durration but the engine is a major component and the warranty is now just 1/3 of its former self. I love Mastercrafts but expect way more than this from them.

Anyone notice this or have an explanation?

BriEOD
01-04-2005, 10:04 PM
No and shoot me for saying this but I did notice on page 137 the CC add for a FIVE year warranty. Although the PCM engine is only 3. Can't beat that.

MYMC
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
That is a misprint there has been NO change to the engine warranty! I promise! Please pass the word along...I hate World Publications! First they kill the Pro-Tour, then women's wakeboarding...you would think they would have enough money left over to hire proof readers.

gene dobies
01-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Did anyone notice that the Gel Coat warranty is Lifetime? On CC it is only 3 or 5 years. I wonder if this lifetime warranty on gelcoat includes blistering? Has something been done that they are willing now to give this lifetime warranty?

G-man
01-05-2005, 11:07 AM
If your concerned about the gel coat warranty read it carefully. Most gel coat warranties don't cover fading, stress cracks, and blistering for leaving a boat in the water. The only thing they really cover is air voids. The manufactures know what the problems are and don't provide for them.

MYMC
01-05-2005, 11:28 AM
No need to guess or speculate...this was copied direct from a 2005 manual.

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Talk about your fine print. I kid! I kid. Just a little hard to read. :D

MYMC
01-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Boy I set myself up for that one! :eek: