PDA

View Full Version : My 2004 MC X-2 porpoises--ANY FIX

cstangel
01-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I wakeboard and barefoot all the time, I purchased the boat with out test driving feeling that MC had all areas covered. I checked with reliable sources that this boat was ok for barefooting, all reports came back good. I have no ballast tanks filled, it porpoises, I filled the bow ballast, it porpoises, not sure what to do. I do not know if there is any hull defects from the mold on other boats. I am not to fond on installing trim tabs. Any body know of any answers to help?

dmayer84
01-16-2007, 08:04 PM
My X10 does the same thing theres another thread on here that deals with it. The solution was a trim tab. I'm currently thinking about it. Ill look for the thread.

dmayer84
01-16-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4812&highlight=porpoise

roddydog
01-16-2007, 08:11 PM
What I don't get is, if MC knows about this, why don't they do something about it?

TOO-TALL
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I wakeboard and barefoot all the time, I purchased the boat with out test driving feeling that MC had all areas covered. I checked with reliable sources that this boat was ok for barefooting, all reports came back good. I have no ballast tanks filled, it porpoises, I filled the bow ballast, it porpoises, not sure what to do. I do not know if there is any hull defects from the mold on other boats. I am not to fond on installing trim tabs. Any body know of any answers to help?

I have a 2003 x2(same hull as 2004)and mine porpoised at high speed when I first got it.I ended up puting two hundred pounds of tractor weights in the very front of the bow under the single seat and leave all tanks empty.....problem solved.Now for low speeds(boarding) fill the center tank and leave the back tanks empty.The extra weight up front really helps get a nice wake too at boarding speeds.I found with this hull the more weight you can get in the middle of the boat and the front of the boat the better the wake.And the extra weight up front helps you plane quicker too..

Hope this helps.

ctkiteboarding
01-16-2007, 10:55 PM
What I don't get is, if MC knows about this, why don't they do something about it?
great question what up w dat?

sand2snow22
01-17-2007, 01:45 AM
"I have no ballast tanks filled, it porpoises, I filled the bow ballast, it porpoises, not sure what to do."

I have a 05 X2 and have never had a problem under the circumstances you describe.

Only time I have had this problem is with full ballast, 3 people on the back bench and one person riding on the sundeck (illegal). Basically, too much weight in the back. Problem was quickly fixed by moving the person on the swimdeck to the bow......

No extra weight in the rear of your boat?

Prostar19
01-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I had a 2005 X2 it porpoised as well at higher speed. I had some hook put on the hul and it was fixed. I could foot with no issue at all. I think for MC to fix the problem would call for new molds on a 10 year old hull. I would think that is not profitable. The boat is made mostly for wakeboarding and does it very well. With a tweak of hook on the hull it can do it all. Just my :twocents:

TOO-TALL
01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
. With a tweak of hook on the hull it can do it all. Just my :twocents:

What does this mean??????

bigmac
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
I had a 2005 X2 it porpoised as well at higher speed. I had some hook put on the hul and it was fixed. I could foot with no issue at all. I think for MC to fix the problem would call for new molds on a 10 year old hull. I would think that is not profitable. The boat is made mostly for wakeboarding and does it very well. With a tweak of hook on the hull it can do it all. Just my :twocents:

If it were me, I'd rather avoid a permanent hull change and spend the $$ on a trim tab that I could control, shape the wake a little and eliminate porpoising that way.

cstangel
01-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the info it seems that the trim tab is the way to go, what brand would work the best.

kskib046
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
you don't need a trim tab on a old x-2. get under the boat, give it a good wax, and always keep 200 pounds of lead in the front. no problems at all, expect no one will help me wax.