PDA

View Full Version : something seems shady

rodltg2
01-16-2007, 06:59 PM
i called on this boat today. the guy seemed very short and didnt really tell me much about it. just bascialy that is clean , and in great shape. i told him unfortunalty due to our distance i would be able to just swing by and see it, i was wondering where he was on price. he said everything is negotiable but not over the phone. well i said, im too far just to make a trip down and that i wanted to know where about on price he was. he told me give 11large and its yours.so i told him how about i give you a deposit , i come down and check it out . ill water test it and if i like it ill buy it. he said no depoist no water test. give me 11 and take it home.. its a screamin price but it seems to good to be true.

who lives in burbank that can check it for me???

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/85340752.htm

H20skeefreek
01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
refuses a water test? run!!!

Jerseydave
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Seems like a great deal for $11K, but I would never buy any used boat without a water test and even a compression test.

Now if it were, say $6K you could take the chance that it needs a motor and/or trans.

JimN
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Wasn't this boat posted here before? It looks awfully familiar.

ttu
01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Wasn't this boat posted here before? It looks awfully familiar.

jim, could that be because it looks a lot like sodar's...

also it seems like a heck of a deal. how far is he from a lake where you can water test it...

SDAhockey21
01-16-2007, 07:38 PM
DUDE

looks like my boat:eek: and we paid more than 13 for ours just this fall something doesn't seem right there....tell me i made a good deal at 18 !! please!!

the nada on our 1990 is higher than what they are sellign that for....

looks good though... huh what about the engine mabe its not in the boat lol...no pictures of it!!

Kyle's_prostar205
01-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I do not know if it means anything or not but the boat is located in Burbank, CA and it still has Arizona tags...Just an observation.

SDAhockey21
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
jim, could that be because it looks a lot like sodar's...

also it seems like a heck of a deal. how far is he from a lake where you can water test it...

sodar's is green im red!!!:eek: i think its still in the garage!!! I new i shouldn t have posted garage pics!!:D

Ric
01-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I dont want to give the dude too much credit but how much trouble would a guy in the used car biz want to go to help a caller on the phone with a boat when he doesnt have the means for water testing like say, your local dealer would? Just a thought but I too would not buy without one!

I saw a 4year old supra comp at an auto dealer in the mid 90s . I always skiid one in college with a buddy of mine so I HAD to have it... seller would not do a water test... I moved on ... I grew from it..

rodltg2
01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
its probably a trade in. there's no way ill buy it with out a water test. i would from maybe a someone else , but not a used car lot... if anyone is near there check it out ...

KnoxX2
01-16-2007, 08:11 PM
How about local MC dealer to check it out?

Footin
01-16-2007, 08:55 PM
You could always take a fake-a-lake and at least fire it up and run it a while on the trailer.

roddydog
01-16-2007, 09:24 PM
That could work but under load, boats perform in a different way.

No water test..................NO WAY!!!

RickDV
01-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont want to give the dude too much credit but how much trouble would a guy in the used car biz want to go to help a caller on the phone with a boat when he doesnt have the means for water testing like say, your local dealer would? Just a thought but I too would not buy without one!

I saw a 4year old supra comp at an auto dealer in the mid 90s . I always skiid one in college with a buddy of mine so I HAD to have it... seller would not do a water test... I moved on ... I grew from it..

It's possible that the car dealer took it on trade and doesn't really care what it takes to get it off his lot. It's a PIA for him and just wants to get rid of it.

Maybe it's his brother-in-law's boat and he doesn't give a rats behind about it except that his wife pressured him to sell it.

It's also possible this guy is looking to screw someone over on this one.

So, you could be falling into a great deal or you could be the next sucker. If you cannot water test and check mechanicals walk away.

See if you could have a mutually agreed 3rd party hold a deposit contingent on water test and mechanical inspection.

jsc0324
01-16-2007, 11:00 PM
That dealer is about 3 miles from my house. He is primarily a used boat dealer. His web site is www.theboathunters.com I looked at the Sportstar 19 he has and decided against it. I did not see this one on his lot when I was there three months ago, although it has been on his web site the whole time. It does look enticing though. I would be happy to drop by to ask about it, but frankly I would only be qualified to comment on the cosmetics. I could take pictures too, but I don't think it would be too much to ask them to send pictures to you. There are several lakes close by, but you would have to figure out how to get the boat there. Lakes that come to mind in order of proximity that I have some knowledge of - Lake Castaic, Lake Piru and Pyramid Lake. The Mastercraft dealer is in Valencia and is on the way to these lakes. The dealer's name is Champion and you can get details by entering in the zip code 91501 on the Mastercraft dealer locator.

Good luck.

Sodar
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
who lives in burbank that can check it for me???

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/85340752.htm

I work about 20 minutes from Burbank... I could probably go check it out after work on Friday. If he is in Burbank, he is only 20 minutes from Castaic Lake or Pyramid... so a water test should be no problem.

SDAhockey21
01-16-2007, 11:44 PM
That dealer is about 3 miles from my house. He is primarily a used boat dealer. His web site is www.theboathunters.com I looked at the Sportstar 19 he has and decided against it. I did not see this one on his lot when I was there three months ago, although it has been on his web site the whole time. It does look enticing though. I would be happy to drop by to ask about it, but frankly I would only be qualified to comment on the cosmetics. I could take pictures too, but I don't think it would be too much to ask them to send pictures to you. There are several lakes close by, but you would have to figure out how to get the boat there. Lakes that come to mind in order of proximity that I have some knowledge of - Lake Castaic, Lake Piru and Pyramid Lake. The Mastercraft dealer is in Valencia and is on the way to these lakes. The dealer's name is Champion and you can get details by entering in the zip code 91501 on the Mastercraft dealer locator.

Good luck.

i used that site and look at this picture of the engine very carefully

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/4144766/85340752_9.jpg

Can you say saltwater because i can!!

**If you didn't catch it look at the intake**

Yup thats a hose connection to flush her out!

NO DEAL

SDAhockey21
01-16-2007, 11:50 PM
I heard from someone that puting her in saltwater takes 20 to 25 percent of the resale value.

18,000 x .25 = 4,500

18,000 - 4,500 =13,500

Hum i think i cracked this case wide open!!

east tx skier
01-16-2007, 11:56 PM
refuses a water test? run!!!

Rule #1, right there.

The MC dealer I bought my boat from initially said no water test. When we got down to negotiating, I told them I simply could not buy a boat without a water test or a 30 day tip to stern warranty.

Sodar
01-16-2007, 11:57 PM

NO DEAL
WRONG!! I have a flush out connection on my freshwater only boat! It is much easier than crawling under the trailer with the fake-a-lake and worrying the entire time the boat is running if the fake-a-lake has slipped off. I use my flusheverytime I do an oil change,or other services... MOST importantly, I run the boat for a few minutes on the hose everytime before I leave to go on a trip.... after a 4 hour drive, the last thing I want is a suprise!! If it was a salt boat, the trailer would look like CRAP and you would see a LOT more rust on the motor mounts, hose connections and between the manifolds and risers... FYI

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
:worthy: OK buddy calm down

lol and i though i had it:huh:

but i do see rust on the manifold a bit and on the trailer too...so

it is a possibility though

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:07 AM
A little rust in 12 years isn't a deal killer IMO.

Rod, wet your finger and drag it across the middle of the back seat. Then lick your finger and see if you taste salt. :)

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
why don t we call and ask lol...

im just tring to help out and make sure we don t miss anything here

i guese i will shut up now

Sodar
01-17-2007, 12:15 AM
I am about 80% sure it is freshwater river boat. I remember seeing it out there a few times. If memory serves me, the guy that owned it had a *****'in DCB F29 with twin Merc 300x's. He used this MC to pull his kids around on tubes and boogie boards. I could be wrong, but this color scheme is not very popular,which is why it jogged my memory. I also remember seeing it tied to a dock at the river all day long, which is a big no-no, hence the messed up decals on the side. Trailer is in pretty close to perfect condition for an 11 year old boat and does not look like it was ever dunked in salt... ask Ryan, you can watch a trailer deteriorate after 1 salt bath!

Rod, if this is the same boat that I am thinking of, then I would say pull the trigger. The reason it is so cheap, is because the guy has a $150k river boat on the dock and is looking to replace this boat with a pontoon for booze-cruises this summer. Let me know how it all pans out!!

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
why don t we call and ask lol...

im just tring to help out and make sure we don t miss anything here

i guese i will shut up now

Hey, nobody said "shut up." If it's on the coast, it's always a possibility. But I've got some rust on my manifolds and some on my trailer, but no saltwater use. I also have a fitting to flush (but it's not permenant). Just sayin'.

I really just want to hear a story about rod tasting the seat. Take video, Rod!

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:19 AM
ya i have rust on my manifolds on my 96 but not my 91 i know the 91 was only freshwater but i think the 96 was only fresh water but I'm not sure anyway about that rust good to paint with high temp engine paint or what?

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I asked my local boat expert about it and he said leave it alone. TMCNo1 had a paint specific for rust, but I'm just leaving mine alone. It comes from years (before I owned it) of old riser gaskets.

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:24 AM
OK well i have some high temp engine paint laying around so i might dab some on their an tell you how it goes

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Whatever floats your boat (so to speak). You might want to check out what that stuff is that TMCNo1 mentioned on here. If I was going to do it, I'd use something like that that actually deals with the rust rather than just covering it up.

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
im pretty sure that it is high temp rustol or how ever you spell it for engines

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Check out this post.

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=273245&postcount=6

I haven't found the paint he mentioned yet.

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Okay, found it. www.por15.com. Food for thought. Keep us posted. I just hit mine with a wire brush and went skiing.

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
hum i guese i will leave it alone

but will the paint burn off if it is rated as high temp engine paint?

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I gotta figure the original paint was a high temp engine paint. But I'm not expert. Now Harold, he's forgotten more about MC than I'll ever know. :)

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 12:36 AM
wire brush sounds good to me eastie!!

east tx skier
01-17-2007, 12:37 AM
If it ever rusts through, you can get your new ones powdercoated like Harold mentioned.

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 01:36 AM
well, if someone can check it for me i would be very gratefull. i dont want to drive 7 hours for a full disaopinment.
i dont really understand the low price without seeing myself. if i can pick it up a good boat for 11g ..............:D :D

jimmer2880
01-17-2007, 07:07 AM
My '95 (identical) has the amt of rust. 100% sure mine was freshwater only.

H20skeefreek
01-17-2007, 08:54 AM

NO DEAL

If you think that engine looks bad, you'd think mine was for an offshore fishing boat. Mine is actually pretty clean, but I'd love to have it look like that.

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 11:10 AM
well, if someone can check it for me i would be very gratefull. i dont want to drive 7 hours for a full disaopinment.
i dont really understand the low price without seeing myself. if i can pick it up a good boat for 11g ..............:D :D

Rod I might have the time on Thursday? if I do, I will PM you:cool:

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
thanks REx!

Kevin 89MC
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Okay, found it. www.por15.com. Food for thought. Keep us posted. I just hit mine with a wire brush and went skiing.
A few years back some folks on a Land Cruiser discussion list raved about POR15. Truly amazing stuff, according to their testamonials. They used it on their dedicated trail rigs that would get a ton of abuse, and that was the product that held up the best. They don't exactly give it away, though, at $125 per gallon.
Rod, back to your boat, I say take a chance & go for it! Easy to say when it's not my money. :) I do like the color scheme.
Good luck,
Kevin

JKTX21
01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
That boat is a lot cleaner than mine was when I bought it. I paid around that neighborhood for what the guy is asking. If it were me and my money, I'd get a water test and bring a compression gauge. 11 crackers is still a lot of money.

Ric
01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
If you think that engine looks bad, you'd think mine was for an offshore fishing boat. Mine is actually pretty clean, but I'd love to have it look like that. I was gonna say the same, that is a dang clean motor for 95 !!

milkmania
01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
If you think that engine looks bad, you'd think mine was for an offshore fishing boat. Mine is actually pretty clean, but I'd love to have it look like that.

that's what I was thinking:o

milkmania
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I was gonna say the same, that is a dang clean motor for 95 !!

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/id_hit_it.jpg

Leroy
01-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think that motor is clean, I think it is repainted. I hate when that is done because you don't really know what has happened other than it did look bad enough for someone to pressure washed and paint.

Sodar
01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't think that motor is clean, I think it is repainted. I hate when that is done because you don't really know what has happened other than it did look bad enough for someone to pressure washed and paint.
Its not repainted, it still has the factory bar code sticker on the port side head. :rolleyes:

Ric
01-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't think that motor is clean, I think it is repainted. I hate when that is done because you don't really know what has happened other than it did look bad enough for someone to pressure washed and paint. could be.... what are the hours?

They may have also put new hoses, fittings and impeller pump and items on as well, which is not out of the realm of possibility

BrianM
01-17-2007, 01:10 PM

I don't think its a repaaint just a pretty darn clean motor. A couple of things that make me say that is you can still see a couple of rust spots on the exhaust manifold a little corrosion on the motor mount and the bar codes on the front look worn but original. Usually if it is repainted things like the bar codes and engine mounts will have overspray or in the case of the bar codes be gone. Looks like a clean used low hour engine to me and considering that the interior and exterior of the boat look pretty good everything seems consistent.

If someone is able to go take a look in person and everything looks kosher I would make the ride down there with cash in hand and insist on a water test. Money talks. I bet they won't let a cash deal go by not doing a water test. If it all works out that looks like a screaming deal on a d*mn nice slalom machine.

Added bonus is we can all welcome Rod back to the MC family. But people won't have him to bash anymore. :rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
01-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I'd bet money that it is a WILD GOOSE chase for someone that Rod DOES NOT buy the boat. By the way...that motor has NOT seen salt

To damn clean and the motor mounts give it away. NO SALT

Jim@BAWS

peason
01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I'd bet money that it is a WILD GOOSE chase for someone that Rod DOES NOT buy the boat. By the way...that motor has NOT seen salt

Jim@BAWS

That was my first thought!

ski_king
01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Here is a link (http://www.theboathunters.com/index.html) to the dealer that is selling it.

Sodar
01-17-2007, 01:26 PM

To damn clean and the motor mounts give it away. NO SALT

Jim@BAWS

I am with ya Jim... its gunna be an easy 2,000 posts until the trigger gets pulled!

As for salt, my case rests... I called it 40 posts ago!! Woo Hoo!! Guess I have seen to many boats that have been dunked in salt!!

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
why would i buy with out getting some feedback. i have to replace my bu with something. so whether its that boat or another. a boat will be bought within the next 3 weeks.

JKTX21
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
That's a shame, looks like a nice boat. My PS and trailer were def. neglected before me, and this boat is nowhere near approaching the condition of mine when I bought it. If this guy will take $11, and the compression checks out, and it floats... turn around and sell it in May, you'd easily be able to recoup the costs. I paid $11 for mine, twice as many hours, and had to invest about about a grand into work on the motor. If this boat checks out, I'd say someone could ASK probably $18K for it, in Texas at least. :rant:

Sodar
01-17-2007, 01:48 PM
why would i buy with out getting some feedback.

I agree, get as much feedback as you can! Just don't jump to quick on the first few boats you see, either!

milkmania
01-17-2007, 01:57 PM
That's a shame, looks like a nice boat. My PS and trailer were def. neglected before me, and this boat is nowhere near approaching the condition of mine when I bought it. If this guy will take $11, and the compression checks out, and it floats... turn around and sell it in May, you'd easily be able to recoup the costs. I paid $11 for mine, twice as many hours, and had to invest about about a grand into work on the motor. If this boat checks out, I'd say someone could ASK probably $18K for it, in Texas at least. :rant:

makes me wanna go out there, buy it, and flip it:twocents:

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
the miilion dollar question is how does this boat ski? wakes @34. thru 28off. how does it compare to my 04 197?

JKTX21
01-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I heard on the street once that Prostars weren't bad ski boats. Give me my million dollars

Sodar
01-17-2007, 02:16 PM
For a comparison... I have heard that the wake is much softer than a mid-90's Response, much smaller than a mid-90's Nautique and less spray that an early 90's PS 190... if that helps!

TRBenj
01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
For a comparison... I have heard that the wake is much softer than a mid-90's Response, much smaller than a mid-90's Nautique and less spray that an early 90's PS 190... if that helps!

Spray is definitely better than any previous Prostar, and the wake is softer than a newer Response LX. I wouldnt say the wake is much better than a mid 90's Nautique (I may be biased), but it is a little better.

Definitely a great skiing boat. Barefoot wake is very good as well.

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Back, saw the Boat!!!!!!!!!

I need to get some work finished up, and I will post some new photos!!!!!!!!
Should be back about 12:30 1:00

Or how long should I make rod wait? :rolleyes:

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
you killin me!

Monte
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Insert theme song to "Jeopardy"

Ryan
01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Looks like I'm taking a newer boat with me to Ohio. I just bought this boat.

Ryan
01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Just kiddin' Rod.

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
i didnt think you wanted two boats!

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:32 PM

i didn't say the engine looked bad

i pointed out that it has a hose attachment

which could** could** mean saltwater

COULD OK could

and i smell a lot of armor all on that baby!! lol

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM
now im not saying its saltwater but most people that i know besides sodar don't have a hose kit unless the run salt...

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
its 2 30 where are the pics???

edit

opss time difference......

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
i guess i will just taunt you with my 96

look familiar??

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/DSCF2315.jpg

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok I will start posting up some photos

Has a new cover, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:41 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Swim step looks very good might not be the original one???

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
looks good

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
The prop looks good, might have had been repaired?

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Trailer has no wheels on the back had drug and has some rust not a big deal

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
man i paid a lot more for my 96................

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
No big scraps some scratches but nothing big on the back of the boat

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
did yu taste the back seat like east said?? lol

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Inside …..It looks like it has been sitting in the sun for a long time
Some mildew and faded skins

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:51 PM
The Engine looked clean small rust but not to bad I was surprised looked good

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Engine oil look’s good, no trace of water

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Like I said Mildew and sun faded but I think it should clean up, you should get it back to 80 to90% new looking

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:01 PM

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:01 PM
how did the stiching look??

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:02 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
337 Hrs, but the tack said it was going 1300 RPM’S and the Engine was not on??

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
No ball on throttle arm

Sodar
337 Hrs, but the tack said it was going 1300 RPM’S and the Engine was not on??
Mine does that... just turn the key and it will dump back down to zero..

SDAhockey21
turn key it will fall to 0

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM
lol...............to quick

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:08 PM

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
that capacity sticker looks realy faded should be yello

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
no lanyard..........

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
mabe thats why the refused a water test because the couldn't start it themselves

RexDog1

SDAhockey21
it is kind of hiden....

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
looks in decent shape, but i didnt expect much for the price. so what you opinion?

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
or it might be with the key who knows

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Has some standing water at some time

Ryan
01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
No ball on throttle arm

I noticed the seal on the right speedo was not on correctly in the Boattrader pics. And in your pics, it looks like it's totally gone. May need a new speedo, or better, you won't have to feel bad installing PerfectPass in it's place.

RexDog1
Some carpet rust under the bow, not that bad somewhat clean

SDAhockey21
may 96 always gathers water in there its a pain.... the drian hole is to high...

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
The skins were dirty but soft

Trailer has some miles on it, and needs new tires, spare is good
HAVE AZ tags on it

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:20 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:22 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
2 small rips in the skins

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Carpet has two spots one stain one hole

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:28 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Chief
01-17-2007, 05:30 PM
For the price it looks okay. Get in cheap and get out easy or to the plus side with some elbow grease and a little money.

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Screw missing on center post

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Some scraps on the side not deep needs new decals

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:36 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:37 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Some marks on the rub rail not to bad

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Some scraps on the side not deep needs new decals

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:43 PM

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Some Cracks on wheel wells/fender

T Scott
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
If it was in Florida, I would have bought it by now. Keep in mind, this is a 10 year old boat. I think it looks pretty good and can look great with a good detail and an afternoon of tinkering. As long a it runs, I say buy it......before I start checking into shipping it to Florida! ;)

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Repair on the back glass

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
If it was in Florida, I would have bought it by now. Keep in mind, this is a 10 year old boat. I think it looks pretty good and can look great with a good detail and an afternoon of tinkering. As long a it runs, I say buy it......before I start checking into shipping it to Florida! ;)

thats all you then tscott. i wouldnt mind it as project boat, but im not looking for that right now.

thanks alot rex, you saved me a trip. i dont think its that bad for the price , but i rather spend a little more and not have to deal with all the repairs.

how much was yours again sodar??

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
i feel stupid now but 18 for this 96.... should i feel stupid

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/DSCF2315.jpg

two platforms, 600 hours 275 hp did i do bad?

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Now the BAD never never beach your boat

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
.............................This needs to be fixed before it hits the water

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
ahahaahaaahh thats though the gel but some of the black might be from the roller

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
man thats no good.....

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:54 PM
bummer.........

Ryan
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Rex, you went above and beyond. You're a good man for some fantastic next-day service.

Is it just me? I'm having some dejavu about this one time when a TT board member graciously took a tone of boat pics for another member. A purple boat.

SDAhockey21
now thats a deal killer for me guys

Sodar
how much was yours again sodar??

$16,500 and I will deliver it!! ;)

SDAhockey21
01-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Rex did you ever bust that ghost?

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Ok when I saw the boat it started to rain bad so this is the best I could do
I loved it 37 and raining, god it was so cold

You can clean it up very well, outside and inside should get it looking good!!!!
It has been out in the sun for some time, but the skins are soft
How it run???? They would not start it up in the rain, sorry
It is a used boat yard they have about 50 boats there, you might talk price
With them,
if I was looking for a 190 I would pay about $12,000. for it
If it ran good??? With some work it could look NICE:rolleyes:

Sodar
01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok when I saw the boat it started to rain bad so this is the best I could do
I loved it 37 and raining, god it was so cold

You can clean it up very well, outside and inside should get it looking good!!!!
It has been out in the sun for some time, but the skins are soft
How it run???? They would not start it up in the rain, sorry
It is a used boat yard they have about 50 boats there, you might talk price
With them,
if I was looking for a 190 I would pay about $12,000. for it
If it ran good??? With some work it could look NICE:rolleyes:
Really Cool of you to do Rex! I was going to try to sneak out of work on Friday to check it out, but you beat me to it and did a much better job of documenting it than I would have!! You have an angel's halo over your head for the day! Maybe it will scare all those ghosts away!

On a quick side note... did you her your fellow Yorba Lindian (Ashley Force) is going to drive funny car next season?

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Really Cool of you to do Rex! I was going to try to sneak out of work on Friday to check it out, but you beat me to it and did a much better job of documenting it than I would have!! You have an angel's halo over your head for the day! Maybe it will scare all those ghosts away!

On a quick side note... did you her your fellow Yorba Lindian (Ashley Force) is going to drive funny car next season?

It was fun, Rod if you have more?????? PM me

I was over at the shop the other day to see a friend who works for John F
And Ashley’s haler was being striped of her “old graphics” that all he could say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sodar
01-17-2007, 06:19 PM
It was fun, Rod if you have more?????? PM me

I was over at the shop the other day to see a friend who works for John F
And Ashley’s haler was being striped of her “old graphics” that all he could say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! I heard they bought another building in Texas or something for the Rigs... Do you know anything about it?

rodltg2
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
thanks a bunch rex i owe you one. not a bad project boat. he said he would sell for 11 , so imagine an in person offer could get it for less. not for me though, at least not right now. i want something ready to go. one month till ski season !!!!!! and i have next few weekends booked.

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
They have had a shop in TX for about 3 years now; I think they are expanding it?
It helps when they Race back east

Sodar
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
They have had a shop in TX for about 3 years now; I think they are expanding it?
It helps when they Race back east
That makes sense... I thought that they had always had one back east, but the caption I read said that they had just built it! I saw a pic of it with all their rigs pulled into pull-through stalls and I knew that it was not the Yorba Linda shop..

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 06:37 PM
He has never said they have moved???? I will call him and ask?

Sodar
01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
He has never said they have moved???? I will call him and ask?

Let me find the picture and caption...

BrianM
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Man if it runs as good as it looks it would be a deal at $11k. A few cosmetic issues but nothing all that bad. Even the rubbed raw keel is not that big of a deal. I bet you could put no more than $1k in it and you could flip that boat for $16-$18k. If it was closer I would buy it and do just that.

T Scott
01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Man if it runs as good as it looks it would be a deal at $11k. A few cosmetic issues but nothing all that bad. Even the rubbed raw keel is not that big of a deal. I bet you could put no more than $1k in it and you could flip that boat for $16-$18k. If it was closer I would buy it and do just that.

My thoughts exactly.....

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Let me find the picture and caption...

I stopped at the shop on my way home, Ashley will being running Funny Car for 2007
Guido will be her crew chief, so the line up will be John, Eric, Robert and Ashley
All in funny cars :cool: :cool: :cool: 8p

Footin
01-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Nice spy work Rex! Rod owes you big time.

Next time he says he's leaving us, tell him he can't till he pays up for the favor you did for him.

flyingskibiker
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
rex, you da' man! you should seriously charge for your services... ;-)

jeverett
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I do not know if it means anything or not but the boat is located in Burbank, CA and it still has Arizona tags...Just an observation.

People do that a lot in CA to avoid the high reg fees. Especially if you have a place near Havasu or On the river.

RexDog1
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
People do that a lot in CA to avoid the high reg fees. Especially if you have a place near Havasu or On the river.

Shhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyes: