PDA

View Full Version : portable TV's and the Patriots!!!

mitch
01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm going to miss the entire Pats/Colts game Sun nite and my new 40" LCD TV is coming in today, making it particularly painful. Daughter has a cheering comp that starts at 630PM ET sharp ;( Takes 3 hours and I'll see her team cheer for 4 mins. I enjoy going but sort of a bummer! How do those tiny TV's work indoors, like this one. Thanks for any input!!!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Jensen-2-5-Portable-TFT-LCD-TV-JTFT-250/sem/rpsm/oid/154131/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

milkmania
01-16-2007, 12:14 PM
probably more practical than this
http://www.groundcontrol.com/images/gcf3_5x.jpg

get something from wal-mart. then return it after the competition;)

I learned that from someone here on the board:rolleyes:

Leroy
01-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Mitch;

I'll be watching, just PM me and I'll give you a fair and accurate assessment of the game! As a matter of fact I could already tell you mostly what will happen! :D

Go Colts!

Maristar210
01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Tivo it and suck it up Mitch. Your daughter is more important.;)

mitch
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Mitch;

I'll be watching, just PM me and I'll give you a fair and accurate assessment of the game! As a matter of fact I could already tell you mostly what will happen! :D

Go Colts!

Colt's playoff win against the Pats, unlikely, and sorta sounds funny...:)

mitch
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Tivo it and suck it up Mitch. Your daughter is more important.;)

You're right, it'll be Tivo'd for sure, and I remember from 2 years ago that there is a TV in the concession area, so I feel a little better.

milkmania
01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
You're right, it'll be Tivo'd for sure, and I remember from 2 years ago that there is a TV in the concession area, so I feel a little better.

surely it's burnt out by nowhttp://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/poke.gif

8p

mitch
01-16-2007, 02:56 PM
surely it's burnt out by nowhttp://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/poke.gif

8p

Funny that you say that, cause I briefly thought of bringing a spare TV and just 'having it in the car, just in case' I also have an AC outlet in the car, but that would pi$$ the wife off for sure8p

bcampbe7
01-16-2007, 04:26 PM

LOL!

I bet that concession stand is going to have a record night with all of the Dad's buying stuff while watching the game.

"Hey honey, you need something to drink... I am going to the concession stand."

"Honey, you hungry, I'm going to head to the concession stand."

"Honey, I gotta pee, I'm going to the concession stand...er...ah.. bathroom!" :D

mitch
01-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Seems there was a mistake- bad info from the daughter, cheering competition was last nite, so I will get to see Manning choke in the playoffs......again

They got 2nd place in the states, and were pi$$ed. Some of the teams jumping for joy at 2nd and 3rd place in diff classes. Our team went up to get the trophy, looked they at a funeral, guess they expected to win.....:cool:

Oh well, can't wait for the game tonight

Leroy
01-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Congrats on your daughters cheerleading competition!

We have the guy that beat us the last two times and he is perfect in the Dome.

mitch
01-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Leroy! Adam is just another disgarded component of championships past. I trust Bill to make the right call, gotta know they had their reasons for letting him walk...They could have singed him easy, they were so far under the cap. oh well hopefully we can on some short kickoff's and Manning continuing to throw few touchdowns :D Watching the Colts-Ravens on Tivo right now. s/b be a great game tonight....and either way Peyton will not get his ring this year!!

Maristar210
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Seems there was a mistake- bad info from the daughter, cheering competition was last nite, so I will get to see Manning choke in the playoffs......again

They got 2nd place in the states, and were pi$$ed. Some of the teams jumping for joy at 2nd and 3rd place in diff classes. Our team went up to get the trophy, looked they at a funeral, guess they expected to win.....:cool:

Oh well, can't wait for the game tonight

Good luck Pats. My parents used to live in Woonsocket, RI back in the Parcell days....

Steve

mitch
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Good luck Pats. My parents used to live in Woonsocket, RI back in the Parcell days....

Steve

Thanks for the wishes! Ah Parcells, got rid of my 50yd line season tix after they went 1-15, a month later they got Parcell's and then Bledsoe. Oh well, long drive and my buddy bailed 1/2 thru the season, and I could not give that 2nd away. I was desperate 'Ah, come on.... free ticket and I'll drive.....ah no thanks Mitch, but have fun' That franchise has come along way....

Leroy
01-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Great game Mitch! Could have went either way and was the game you love to see!

My dad grew up in Smithfield and Woonsocket also.

mitch
01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Great game Mitch! Could have went either way and was the game you love to see!

My dad grew up in Smithfield and Woonsocket also.

Congrats to you and your Colts Leroy!! What a game! Peyton said some great things at the end of the game, he's a stand up guy.... I'll be rooting for him and the Colts in the SB and I never thought I'd ever say that!!! :o

They should beat the Bears by 10 pts