PDA

View Full Version : Scot Ellis ski jump

twieder
01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Just incase anyone lies ski jumping, Scot Ellis is attempting to jump 20 boats on Stunt Junkies on Discovery Channel on now in the east.

He's gona try and make 250 feet, hitting the ramp at 70mph!

twieder
01-16-2007, 12:13 AM
He made it over 18 boats! What a trip!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-16-2007, 09:24 AM
He made it over 18 boats! What a trip!!
what did he do then? crash into the last two boats? if he only made it over 18, that leaves 2(I am good in math) so what happened? :confused:

Ric
01-16-2007, 09:32 AM
what did he do then? crash into the last two boats? if he only made it over 18, that leaves 2(I am good in math) so what happened? :confused: they only put out 18
I forgot that this thread started by saying it was 20
the show never alluded to the thought of 20
he jumped 11 to tie the old record and then jumped 18 and apparantly in the jump world, he got a bad position on the ramp for the 18 but it looked good to me

I think the rope hitting the boats wouldn't have been as much of an issue of the promo skiers who banged them together for the tie-off would have closed the dang windshields!

Ric
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
scott ellis is really banged up
I wonder if he will be able to walk by age 50

milkmania
01-16-2007, 11:42 AM
scott ellis is really banged up
I wonder if he will be able to walk by age 50

the foot drop thing amazed me!

jmac197
01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
What happened to Scott Ellis? Did he not make it?

milkmania
01-16-2007, 12:17 PM
What happened to Scott Ellis? Did he not make it?

made it with about 100' to spare.......

so the commentator said

looked closer than that to me:confused:

Ric
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
What happened to Scott Ellis? Did he not make it? all I know is that there werent enough closeups of the nightmare boat:D

milkmania
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
here ya go, video cammed from my DVR

http://www.bhammonster.com/ellis.avi

note: it's 150 MB in file size, not dial-up friendly!

I'll get a better copy once I get my tripod out:o

pq2
01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
for some reason a cannot open the file

milkmania
01-16-2007, 01:35 PM
for some reason a cannot open the file
I posted too early.....come back in 31 minutes;)

also, I used the tripod on another one...... the one I'm linking to is just as good as it came out

milkmania
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
file's done!

milkmania
01-16-2007, 09:03 PM
well.................

did the file work???:popcorn:

atlfootr
01-30-2007, 10:06 AM
here ya go, video cammed from my DVRI'll add my :twocents: and help here, if I can.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/stuntjunkies/stuntjunkies.html

Episode 14: WATER SKI LAUNCH
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/stuntjunkies/profiles/ellis.html

Scott Ellis plans on breaking the world record for the number of boats jumped by a man on water skis — a record held by good friend, long-time mentor, and water skiing Hall of Famer, Hank Longo. Hank's record stands at a jump of 14 jet boats (150 feet) and Scott plans to annihilate it in front of his hometown crowd.

While Hank Longo looks on from the beach, Scott will attempt to jump over 20+ jet boats (250+ feet), beating his mentor's world record by over 100 feet. In order to accomplish this feat, Scott will have to reach a speed of over 70 mph while being towed by a jet boat, hit the ramp at the perfect angle, continue to hold on to the tow rope as he soars 30 feet above the water, and hope he doesn't fall short and land in the front seat of one of the boats.
Premiere: Jan. 15, 2007

River Rat
01-30-2007, 10:40 AM
This is so sad.......yet some dumb a$$ is going to try it again and for what????? To be on TV?

In the famous motocross film Travis and the Nitro Circus 2, professional BMX rider Collin Winkleman attempted a never-before-seen stunt, which was designed for him to literally be hit by a moving van, but all went wrong in a split second. During the carefully planned stunt, Collin shattered almost every bone in his legs. A long road to recovery would have Collin back on his feet, but he would never be able to ride again. He committed suicide shortly after the accident. The BMX community was rocked to the core, having lost a member of its family. To pay tribute, BMX superstar Allan Cooke will attempt to complete the same stunt in honor of his fellow rider and long-time friend. At his side will be Nate Wessel, ramp builder and stunt coordinator from Allan's first stunt on Stunt Junkies; Nate also was the driver of the van when Collin first attempted the stunt. Jeremy Fanberg, a long-time friend and colleague of Collin's, will be part of the build and fabrication crew as well.
Premiere: Jan. 15, 2007