PDA

View Full Version : Alright, lets settle this! Who is the BEST "TV hero"??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
OK, my peeps been asking me who is the best?

Lets put it to the test? the POLL!

Some peeps say Jack Bauer is the baddest arse on TV. lets find out!

Gentlemen, roll out the ballots!:D

Who is the best?

01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
alright, the poll is up. who is the baddest arse around?:confused:

pram
01-15-2007, 02:08 PM
McGuyver is the man. Like you said who else can make a laser beam from a tampon and a pine cone???

pram
01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey I broke 200. How to HE double hockey sticks do you guys get to thousands of posts? (Sorry for the interruption, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program).

Ric
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
alotta posts about nothing

01-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey I broke 200. How to HE double hockey sticks do you guys get to thousands of posts?
We have no lives.

Maristar210
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
We have no lives.

We have lives alright. I have hundreds of posts in many other forums as well.

www.bettingtalk.com
www.therx.com
www.thumpertalk.com
www.vintagedirtbikeforums.com
www.dootalk.com
www.arcticchat.com

But I have the highest number of posts here.

/ threadjack over

pram
01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Do they count one line posts like Yah that's nice or Hey HB gotta a beer? Or UMP hows the ski? Where has Jrandol gone?

Maybe if I post lot's of em like that I'll catch up.................

01-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Do they count one line posts like Yah that's nice or Hey HB gotta a beer? Or UMP hows the ski? Where has Jrandol gone?

Maybe if I post lot's of em like that I'll catch up.................
Uh-oh Erk! looks like you got some competition! you better get busy posting boy, Pram is hot on your tail for your post count!;) Got get em Pram!8p

Ric
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Maybe if I post lot's of em like that I'll catch up................. you are a smart feller aintcha?

Flatwaterfooter
01-15-2007, 03:04 PM
I can not believe the time I just put into thinking about this. I feel as though I should give some of my check back this week.

My answer came down to three:
The A Team
McGuyver
John J Rambo

I ruled out the A team because they were a team and not a single "Hero". They did not always work great together but after 60 minutes the results were always the same and they got allong in the end.

McGuyver is a fine choice also. The man did amazing things and never needed a gun only a pack of gum and 30 seconds to think. True hero to all man kind. He also had side kicks in Jack the man who could fly everything from a kite to a bomber plan and always found the keys in the sun visor some how and the fat guy. Mac was paid for his services and I am sure was able to retire with some good money.

Finally there is my vote in Rambo. This guy needed no help at all and was always put into situations on his own. Only thing he usually had was his hugh hunting knife with matches and stitches. With that knife he could set traps and hunt wild boar. In his travels of fights third world countries he would pick up side kicks with little to no training. He saved towns and POWs. A real american hero. And at 60 I hear he has another "mission" coming up, that I am sure the country will not acknowledge if he gets caught. The man has a heart of gold, or should I say red, white, and blue.

Thats all for now.

pram
01-15-2007, 03:06 PM
you are a smart feller aintcha?

Oh Yah Dontchano

(see added one more to the list:rolleyes: )

Ric
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't like cats

pq2
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
what about....

Bob.....Hooser Bob

pram
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't like cats

Ta me them der kats is usen aer someodder animl cud be breathen

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM

I can't vote in the poll!

Paul Sr. of Orange County Choppers!

01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Yup, he is.

01-15-2007, 03:33 PM

I watched enough of that show to learn that Vinny is the real talent there. I hope they pay him well. THat other guy too, the good welder, he is talented. the dad and two sons are just for show. :)

01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
what about....

Bob.....Hooser Bob
check the poll pq2, hoosier is in the poll.

Ric
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I watched enough of that show to learn that Vinny is the real talent there. I hope they pay him well. THat other guy too, the good welder, he is talented. the dad and two sons are just for show. :) what have you ever built?

01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
what have you ever built?
I built a guitar.

I did have machine shop in high school and college, so I know my way around a shop. I am no pro, but I do know a bit about it.

Ric
01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I say the old loudmouth on that show can do it... but more importantly has done it.... and somebody told him that he could make millions by being a loudmouth so he said pay me.

Maristar210
01-15-2007, 03:50 PM
what about....

Bob.....Hooser Bob

Missing the I PQ2.

Wait a second.... yeah

yes leave it alone.... sounds more like Hoser eh?

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I watched enough of that show to learn that Vinny is the real talent there. I hope they pay him well. THat other guy too, the good welder, he is talented. the dad and two sons are just for show. :)

I agree! The whole show is a series of conflicts based on everyones personalities! OH! I just realized that can apply to TT too, I said that while slowly crawling out of my corner!

RexDog1
01-15-2007, 04:10 PM
After last night, it must be Jack B. have you ever seen James Bond escape like Jack did last night? OMG That Was SO COOL

McGuyver???? You knew if a girl fell in love with him, she would be dead by the end of the show “no luck in love” but a very close 2nd

The A Team, it is a team, not one person

Indiana Jones, the first one was good, after that he “jumped the shark”

Darth Vader, Hero???? And not on TV

Rambo, Kick A$$ Guy, But not too smart?

It is Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

RexDog1
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM

OCC is an ok show, and yes Vinny and Rick are the “real talent” on the show

But if you are talking Choppers……..Jesse James is the KING… ”LBC”

Ryan
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I vote for Jack, because my measure of hero is based on the number of people helped/saved. He saves the country or the world about 8 times every season.

Ryan
01-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey I broke 200. How to HE double hockey sticks do you guys get to thousands of posts? (Sorry for the interruption, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program).

You got it mostly right with the posts that say nothing more than ":popcorn: " or "Hahah! :jumping: " Most of us with a join date of Jul 2004 have been around much longer when they started using the new software for the board. Some cheated and had their old post count carried over. I think the general consensus is it would be great without a post couter. Except for the lucky poster who wins the free boat when they hit 25,000 posts.

trickskier
01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
The name is Bond, James Bond

01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I say the old loudmouth on that show can do it... but more importantly has done it.... and somebody told him that he could make millions by being a loudmouth so he said pay me.
I am not dissin paul sr, I am not saying he cant build bikes, but I am saying that I think the real talent are Vinny and the other guy(Rick?) and they are the true talent putting together bikes there. the fueding, conflicts, fights, and verbal assualts are just part of the show, and the family setting is perfect for that, those guys feed off each other. its all lights and glitz around the bike building process. show biz. its all good, nothing wrong with that, I just think the real fabricators are the employees. :o

01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I agree! The whole show is a series of conflicts based on everyones personalities! OH! I just realized that can apply to TT too, I said that while slowly crawling out of my corner!
Thats right! :cool: and at the rate things are going here this winter, its going to get like professional wrestling very soon. We will be running around hitting each other over the heads with folding chairs, throwing flour in each others face, stomping on each others fingers, biting each others arms, hitting eafch other in the gut with a steel brief case, and then getting interviewed afterward and lip off about it. :D

Ric
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I am not dissin paul sr, I am not saying he cant build bikes, but I am saying that I think the real talent are Vinny and the other guy(Rick?) and they are the true talent putting together bikes there. the fueding, conflicts, fights, and verbal assualts are just part of the show, and the family setting is perfect for that, those guys feed off each other. its all lights and glitz around the bike building process. show biz. its all good, nothing wrong with that, I just think the real fabricators are the employees. :o truth be told they have some damn good suppliers of wheels, tanks, motors, gadgets etc. The vision is in the themes.

Jesse James is a visionary. The guy can make all of those items which OCC orders up on the phone.

01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
truth be told they have some damn good suppliers of wheels, tanks, motors, gadgets etc. The vision is in the themes.

Jesse James is a visionary. The guy can make all of those items which OCC orders up on the phone.
TRU DAT!!!

Willski
01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Does anybody remember the show Greatest American Hero?

01-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Yea, it was basically Sammy Hagar with a cape, right?

Flatwaterfooter
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Good thinking there. The man made his own suit and worked for free out of the goodness of his heart. He would get my vote over Rambo.

RexDog1
01-15-2007, 05:59 PM
This is the Greatest American Hero

01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
This is the Greatest American Hero
Well Thank you Rex!:D I appreciate that!:cool:

01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Good thinking there. The man made his own suit and worked for free out of the goodness of his heart. He would get my vote over Rambo.
OK Flat, I made MY own suit too, and I dont get paid, so whatcha think? me over Rambo?

shepherd
01-15-2007, 06:10 PM
After last night, it must be Jack B. have you ever seen James Bond escape like Jack did last night? OMG That Was SO COOL

My vote should technically be Jack B. since James Bond is a movie character and the poll is for TV heroes. But since James Bond movies are sometimes on TV, and I've never seen Jack B. barefoot behind a seaplane, I had to vote for Bond!

01-15-2007, 06:18 PM
My vote should technically be Jack B. since James Bond is a movie character and the poll is for TV heroes. But since James Bond movies are sometimes on TV, and I've never seen Jack B. barefoot behind a seaplane, I had to vote for Bond!
See, the voice of reason and logic shows up here! My brutha Shep speaks da truf!:cool:

liledgy
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Clint Eastwood, aka Angel eyes or Dirty Harry!

shepherd
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
You forgot about Hong Kong Fooey! :confused:

01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
You forgot about Hong Kong Fooey! :confused:
OH Dude, I TOTALLY blew that one! :o How could I forget him? Oh man Shep, I feel really bad! :o Forgive me? is is monday.....:o

SkiDog
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
OCC is an ok show, and yes Vinny and Rick are the “real talent” on the show

But if you are talking Choppers……..Jesse James is the KING… ”LBC”

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!! The KING is Martin Brothers Choppers. Jessie James doesn't hold a candle to their bike building abilities!

Leroy
01-15-2007, 07:51 PM
You dimwits, Wonderwoman! UMP, I'm disappointed!

SkiDog
01-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I rest my case!

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I rest my case!

You would look good on that bike!

Hoosier Bob
01-15-2007, 08:22 PM
TV? Most of the answers are movies? Anyway I say Billy Jack!

I am gonna put this foot on this side of your face and there is nothing you can do about it!

TV I would say Rockford Files! Rocky and Jim! :D

Billy JACK!!!

Hoosier Bob
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Jim Rockford baby!8p

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
One of my childhood favorites,

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Again,:D :D :D

01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
You dimwits, Wonderwoman! UMP, I'm disappointed!

MY WORD! How did I forget her? WOooosh!? I tell ya, I would like to be the villain when she is on duty! She can tie me up with that golden lasso and......oh yea, this a family place:o WOO HOOO! WOnderwoman! she is hot!

http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Wonder%20Woman.jpg

TMCNo1
01-15-2007, 09:20 PM
MY WORD! How did I forget her? WOooosh!? I tell ya, I would like to be the villain when she is on duty! She can tie me up with that golden lasso and......oh yea, this a family place:o WOO HOOO! WOnderwoman! she is hot!

And to think, they were pushing the clothing (or lack thereof) issue back then!

Leroy
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Now you are going!

What was the story or plot anyway?

01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
TV? Most of the answers are movies? Anyway I say Billy Jack!

I am gonna put this foot on this side of your face and there is nothing you can do about it!

TV I would say Rockford Files! Rocky and Jim! :D

Billy JACK!!!
Hoosier, you are such a nerd! how the he11 do you remember Billy Jack? I havent heard of that in more than 20 yrs! That was the lamest movie I ever seen! you really are a nerd, you know that, dont you?

RexDog1
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I rest my case!

Nice bike …..For a Trailer Queen……..
I am talking about a bike you can ride day in and day out

PS nice girl also!!!!! She is not a Trailer Queen….lol:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I am gonna take this foot.....................right up your..........8p Don't forget Jim Rockford! UMP hate to burst your bubble but UnderRoos are for kids!:D Hoosier, you are such a nerd! how the he11 do you remember Billy Jack? I havent heard of that in more than 20 yrs! That was the lamest movie I ever seen! you really are a nerd, you know that, dont you?

Hoosier Bob
01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
PS next time I am in a dark alley I hope I get to smoke Keifer instead of Tom Laughlin! Long live BJ!! Oops, I mean Billy Jack! I would hate to get smoked by anyone named Biff and Kiefer is second on my list!:o

01-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I am gonna take this foot.....................right up your..........8p Don't forget Jim Rockford! UMP hate to burst your bubble but UnderRoos are for kids!:D
Rockford Rules! anyone who drove a car that ugly has got to be a badarse!
Remember that guy he got information from, Angel? he was a trip.

Billy Jack, Man, I cant believe you remember that Hoosier, you never cease to amaze me. :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Rambo....Because John McClain was not one of the choices....

tex
01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Speed Racer!

Monte
01-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Jack is the man........

01-17-2007, 09:41 AM
What about Steve Austin, the 6 million dollar man.

Ya know, I have to say I am quite surprized that McGuyver is SO close to Jack Bauer in this poll. Its very amusing!:)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-17-2007, 09:45 AM
What about Steve Austin, the 6 million dollar man.

Ya know, I have to say I am quite surprized that McGuyver is SO close to Jack Bauer in this poll. Its very amusing!:)
I don't know who Jack Bauer is......:o

pram
01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't know who Jack Bauer is......:o

He invented the modern ice skate

RexDog1
01-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Speed Racer!

OH tex
I change my mind I am wrong, it is SPEED:D

I was thinking about Underdog but maybe not, but he had the best song:cool:

roddydog
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Well since Bond, Shaft, Indiana Jones, Rambo and Vader are 'Movie' tough guys that leaves MacGyver, The A Team (all of them make one tough guy), Jack and The M.I. Guy.

Given that, gotta go with Hoosier Bob:D

chudson
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
My hero's are not listed but every time I hear that tune being whistled I chime right in, sit down and watch my two favorite heros in action. And how cool was it to look back and see Ron Howard grow up and become one of the worlds greatest movie directors!!!

kycat2007
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Ump the problem with this poll is that most of the characters are all from movies and none are from TV. I like the Six Million Dollar Man going old school on you. You can't beat the Phembots, the bigfoot, and the deadly probe. "Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first Bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster."

I was fond of some of the ladies on that show as well.

01-17-2007, 10:09 PM
He invented the modern ice skate
Pram, you rule!:D

roddydog
01-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Ump the problem with this poll is that most of the characters are all from movies and none are from TV. I like the Six Million Dollar Man going old school on you. You can't beat the Phembots, the bigfoot, and the deadly probe. "Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first Bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster."

I was fond of some of the ladies on that show as well.
What I sed.;)

Hoosier Bob
01-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey UMP send me that avatar pic! I have lost it in one of my stupors!8p Pram, you rule!:D

01-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey UMP send me that avatar pic! I have lost it in one of my stupors!8p
I will tomarrow, its on my work computer I think.

Hoosier Bob
01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Dude you don't look at it and you know do you?:o

01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Dude you don't look at it and you know do you?:o
WHAT are you trying to say HB? Coors light influenced typing there? I have NO idea where you learned sentence structuring.....go re read what you typed me.

Hoosier Bob
01-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Just asking because that would be sick!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Just asking because that would be sick!
Speaking of making everything difficult....8p

Hoosier Bob
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Take a can, add 24 ounces of s*** and stir!8p My mantra!

I can't wait to party with you cowboy!Speaking of making everything difficult....8p

Mikey
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I cant believe Tommy Gavin didnt make the list.:confused: