PDA

View Full Version : The best Network TV Show….24

RexDog1
01-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Ok I don’t watch much TV, most things are Junk, IMO

But "24" Last night was so good ….Jack is the man!!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait for tonight

And Kiefer Is A MasterCraft owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captain planet
01-15-2007, 11:58 AM
24 rocks. Best show on TV.

What MC does Kiefer own?

RexDog1
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
24 rocks. Best show on TV.

What MC does Kiefer own?

He has a house on Canyon Lake, I think it is a Maristar 215
I met him this past summer at the MC dealers pro shop
He was just shopping and looking around, nice guy:cool:

Ric
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Great show.
heard all the hype... finally watched it last nite. Pretty damn cool
My wife said, oh no, now we have ANOTHER Sunday nite show to get hooked on :rolleyes:

Think it really happens that way? I will never know.

what puzzled me was mcgiver was able to get into the terrorist house, get them out prior to the strike, the bureau was going to do a 10block lockdown search and yet mcgiver gets away to save the day?

Oh well, it's tv but what a cool show!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I watched @$ last night with Ms. UMP. First time I watched it ever. It was OK. I guess I just aint a "TV person". :o It was suspenseful, but I dont find myself "needing" to tune in next time. People say that show is very addicting, once you watch it, you cant stop. I didnt find it that way. It was interesting, and suspenseful, but maybe I expected too much from it from all the hype I have heard about it. I mean, it just seemed a little "too james bond-esque" for me. I thought it was supposed to be more realistic. The scene where he kicked the terrorist out the back of the train a split second before the explosion was a bit too much for me. :rolleyes: I know, I know, its fiction, but I was expecting something more drama, suspense, and less theatrical action. Sorry, Dont mean to wreck the party, I was just spouting off. Please disregard if I offended. :o

01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
what puzzled me was mcgiver was able to get into the terrorist house, get them out prior to the strike, the bureau was going to do a 10block lockdown search and yet mcgiver gets away to save the day?
These are the things I didnt like Ric. I noticed several things like that, and it turned me off. I was expecting more realism. I concurr on the McGuyver concept. :cool:

captain planet
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I watched @$ last night with Ms. UMP. First time I watched it ever. It was OK. I guess I just aint a "TV person". :o It was suspenseful, but I dont find myself "needing" to tune in next time. People say that show is very addicting, once you watch it, you cant stop. I didnt find it that way. It was interesting, and suspenseful, but maybe I expected too much from it from all the hype I have heard about it. I mean, it just seemed a little "too james bond-esque" for me. I thought it was supposed to be more realistic. The scene where he kicked the terrorist out the back of the train a split second before the explosion was a bit too much for me. :rolleyes: I know, I know, its fiction, but I was expecting something more drama, suspense, and less theatrical action. Sorry, Dont mean to wreck the party, I was just spouting off. Please disregard if I offended. :o
Yea the sub-way car scene was a bit far fetched, but make no mistake Jack is the man.

Oh and by the way, it isn't "James Bond-esque", it is Jack Bauer-esque. ;) Jack is way cooler than James.

Ric
01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Yea the sub-way car scene was a bit far fetched, but make no mistake Jack is the man.

Oh and by the way, it isn't "James Bond-esque", it is Jack Bauer-esque. ;) Jack is way cooler than James. I can agree with that

01-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Oh and by the way, it isn't "James Bond-esque", it is Jack Bauer-esque. ;) Jack is way cooler than James.

Is that so.....? Does Jack Shag HOT chicks while saving the free world? James does.....:cool:

Harvey
01-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I have been waiting for this since the last season ended. This season is going to get dirty. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Last year we started out with a small plot of terroism and ended up with a corrupt president behind it all!!!!! I have no clue where they are going but I can't wait to find out.

Ryan
01-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I am still in the middle of Season 4. I don't know how you guys can watch it on broadcast TV, let alone on a DVR/Tivo. It would drive me nuts to have to wait to see the next episode. After we're done with season 4, I'll hold off again until this Summer and watch 5 & 6.

I understand there are to be 3 more seasons, though I don't know if that includes the current season.

jraben8
01-15-2007, 01:55 PM
We just start watching it 20-30 minutes late and finish about the same time skipping all of the bloody commercials...

jraben8
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I did see an interview with Kiefer Sutherland a number of months ago and he said that he was signed on for another 3 seasons as producer and also that it wasn't a guarantee that he would still be alive at the end of any of them. Gotta keep the suspense going...

01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
alright, I am giving it another try.....tuned into 24 right now.

dmayer84
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
My friend is obsessed with the show. He got given all the previous seasons on dvd for christmas and he watched all of them between new years and last week. I saw bits and peices of it. Not gonna be addicted to this like I am to prison break.

mbeach
01-15-2007, 10:36 PM
gotta say that i also am hooked on 24. son got me season 4 and 5 for Christmas. even though i watched 4 and 5 when they ran, i still like to go back and watch them again. guess i am a 24aholic. rock on!

Ric
01-16-2007, 07:45 AM
jack knows that he could have stopped the explosion if he wasn't being such a wuss. He also knows that if he were on top of his game right now the other agent would never have been left alone with the collaborator.:mad:
why do I have to pick up this show when our hero is down. I hope it's like when I tuned into rockyIV and he was bloody, blinded and down for the count, but came back to save the WORLD.

Ric
01-16-2007, 07:47 AM
let's say I'm mcgiver and I am in the hostage situation... I mean I KNOW what the beretta loads will and won't do.. I shoot that guy in the vest with a move that protects the hostage during the stun of the vest shot:rolleyes: that's what Chuck Norris would have done

01-16-2007, 08:47 AM
let's say I'm mcgiver and I am in the hostage situation... I mean I KNOW what the beretta loads will and won't do.. I shoot that guy in the vest with a move that protects the hostage during the stun of the vest shot:rolleyes: that's what Chuck Norris would have done
Yea, Chuck would have totally kicked both their arses, the agent and the collaborator, and probably slapped that big SUV around a bit too, just for fun.

See, I have watched 4 total hours of this show now, and Jack hasnt shagged one single chick!:mad: Bond shags 2 or 3 in any given movie. the clear choice is Bond. Plus he totally screwed up and let the collaborator alone with the angry agent. that was a brilliant maneuver. Then he barfed on some guy's front lawn! Bond NEVER barfed! EVER! I dont care if he is saving the world or not, if anyone barfs on my front lawn, I will chase his/her arse around the lawn with my riding lawn mower, If need be, I will even put it into HI gear. I dont mess around. I am with Ric on this, he totally screwed up that scene. he should have shot the agent in the vest, just to stun him, that would have saved the agents life, saved the collaborator, prevented him from barfing in that poor guy's yard, and possibly permitted him to get to the warehouse to stop the bad guys and arrest that kid's dad for killing that poor man with an antique lamp. If it would have been me, I would have just thrown flour in his face, or hit him with a steel folding chair, it always works on wrestling. that way nobody gets hurt!

Ric
01-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I dont know that we know the agent is actually dead. Jack may have simply shot him in the right trapezius to force him to drop the gun and submit.
we do know the special forces guys and the dad are dead though

RexDog1
01-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I think the agent is alive ….what happened to a headshot??????

But special forces guys and the dad……….. “Powder”

On Jack and chicks? When does he have the time?

01-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I think the agent is alive ….what happened to a headshot??????

But special forces guys and the dad……….. “Powder”

On Jack and chicks? When does he have the time?
You MAKE time to shag chicks when your saving the world, its part of the requirements. Its in the fine print Rex, go back and read it. :) Jack should be shagging the prez' sister, she is HOT. Bond would have been charming her in the first hour.

as far as the agent, I dont know man that was a pretty direct hit, looks like he was grasping his throat. ya know, yoos guys are probably right, they wouldnt write that guy out of it yet. he is gonna come back later, and be PO'd at Jack and turn against him for that. He might whip Jacks arse over this. Personally I would thrown flour in his face and hit him with a steel folding chair.

Why the hell dont Prez Wayne just call the A team and have them take care of this?

Ric
01-16-2007, 09:50 AM
PRez' sister is from Jerry Maguire

TMCNo1
01-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Threadjack, but Ric, why are your posts running off the screen on the right side??????????????????? I barely can click on Quick Reply! Right now, yours is the only one that is doing it!

Ric
01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes, it's me bwuahahahahahhahahahah

01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
the A team.

Ric
01-16-2007, 10:10 AM
as far as the agent, I dont know man that was a pretty direct hit, looks like he was grasping his throat. ya know, yoos guys are probably right, they wouldnt write that guy out of it yet. he is gonna come back later, and be PO'd at Jack and turn against him for that. He might whip Jacks arse over this. Personally I would thrown flour in his face and hit him with a steel folding chair.

ump you lose credibility when you are only casually viewing the scene...
quick! what color was the puke?

RexDog1
01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
You MAKE time to shag chicks when your saving the world, its part of the requirements. Its in the fine print Rex, go back and read it. :) Jack should be shagging the prez' sister, she is HOT. Bond would have been charming her in the first hour.

Why the hell dont Prez Wayne just call the A team and have them take care of this?

I did go back and read the fine print…..and after thinking about it
I must be a supper hero!!!!!!! Bond takes it when he can, whatever is going on?
It is just like being married…. I take it when I can get it…….lol :rolleyes:

01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
ump you lose credibility when you are only casually viewing the scene...
quick! what color was the puke?
cream of mushroom soup. Ever see the movie "The Great Santini"?

Ric
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
cream of mushroom soup. Ever see the movie "The Great Santini"? get a copy and rewatch last nights show so that you know what you're talking about

of course I saw the great santini, who didn't?
Just when I think I've seen every robert duvall film, I find another obscure work that I didnt know about.

01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
of course I saw the great santini, who didn't?
Just when I think I've seen every robert duvall film, I find another obscure work that I didnt know about.Did you spot him in "To kill a mockingbird" ?? at the end, Duvall was Boo Radley.

Harvey
01-16-2007, 02:02 PM
OK, here are my thoughts.
- The President's assistant, chief of staff, or whatever he is, Tom, has a dirty secret. We may not find out for another 3 or 4 episodes but he has something he is hiding.
- I am not quite sure yet where they (the writers) are going to pull the bait and switch but I can feel it coming.
- We don't know if Curtis died but we do know Jack shot him and if he lives Curtis is going to be PISSED.
- They actually detonated a nuclear weapon on American soil in the show. I didn't believe it when I heard the rumors but they actually did it and apparently there is a threat of 4 more.
- I have the future Mrs. Harvey addicted. This is her first season and I think last night when she was speechless in the minutes after the nuke went off she embraced the addiction that is 24.
- I have a hunch that something really bad is going to happen with the president’s sister and her boyfriend. They will be much more involved in the future but I am not sure how yet.
- The best way to watch 24 is on DVD, no commercials and you can watch them in succession. The DVR is a very close second.

Ric
01-23-2007, 08:47 AM
ok so apparantly that was a kill shot jack made on his colleague last week :sad:

01-23-2007, 08:50 AM
ok so apparantly that was a kill shot jack made on his colleague last week :sad:
I didnt see 24 last night, what happened???? can some one give me the "cliffs notes" version of it??:confused: please.....?

Ric
01-23-2007, 08:51 AM
jack rejoined the unit and saved a local newsman, and then learned that his ex girlfriends husbands dad is somehow involved in bringing nukes to LA
stay tuned

01-23-2007, 08:59 AM
jack rejoined the unit and saved a local newsman, and then learned that his ex girlfriends husbands dad is somehow involved in bringing nukes to LA
stay tuned
I caught the tail end of it, and I saw him coming to someones house, exchanging glances with a woman in a blue shirt, then starting to torture a guy for information in his den. was that his ex-girlfriend and her husband? For some reason I got the impression it was his brother or something because he kept asking him where "dad" was. and then I saw the sneak of next week, and some guy shows up saying that he is "my son". so did he mean that guy Jack was torturing was his son, or that jack was his son? Is he Darth Vader? does he want to bring jack to the dark side?

Harvey
01-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Jack was interrogating his brother, who if you remember was the mastermind behind the president's whole plot last season. It means that Jack's familiy has a sorrid past. Jack's brother and/or father know about what is going on this season and Jack knows it. We haven't found out how he knows that, however with him threatening his brothers life there has to be a reason. Jack is a sensible guy. I love this show but the plot building episdoes can be a little bland.

The man you saw in the trailer for next week was Jack's father. I was so pissed when it wasn't Donald Sutherland, because that would have been awesome. Donald Sutherland is awesome.

Ric
01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
ya,..... that is what I said...
I caught the tail end of it, and I saw him coming to someones house, exchanging glances with a woman in a blue shirt, then starting to torture a guy for information in his den. was that his ex-girlfriend and her husband? For some reason I got the impression it was his brother or something because he kept asking him where "dad" was. and then I saw the sneak of next week, and some guy shows up saying that he is "my son". so did he mean that guy Jack was torturing was his son, or that jack was his son? Is he Darth Vader? does he want to bring jack to the dark side?

RexDog1
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Jack was interrogating his brother, who if you remember was the mastermind behind the president's whole plot last season. It means that Jack's familiy has a sorrid past. Jack's brother and/or father know about what is going on this season and Jack knows it. We haven't found out how he knows that, however with him threatening his brothers life there has to be a reason. Jack is a sensible guy. I love this show but the plot building episdoes can be a little bland.

The man you saw in the trailer for next week was Jack's father. I was so pissed when it wasn't I think Jack’s dad is James Cromwell ???? is that right?, because that would have been awesome. Donald Sutherland is awesome.

I think Jack’s dad is James Cromwell ???? is that right?

Donald Sutherland would have been cool………….:cool:

trickskier
01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Donald Sutherland would have been cool………….:cool:
Do you remember Donald Sutherland in the "Dirty Dozen"?

RexDog1
01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Do you remember Donald Sutherland in the "Dirty Dozen"?

Donald Sutherland In Kelly’s Heroes and MASH ohhhhh “he is so good”

Ric
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Do you remember Donald Sutherland in the "Dirty Dozen"? thats a trick question isnt it?

RexDog1
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
thats a trick question isnt it?

He was in the Dirty Dozen, why would it be a Trick question?:confused:

Ric
01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
He was in the Dirty Dozen, why would it be a Trick question?:confused: because there is not a man alive today who doesn' know that answer............................... is there?

RexDog1
01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
because there is not a man alive today who doesn' know that answer............................... is there?

Oh…….now is see where you are coming from……..so you are a man?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_8_212.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)