PDA

View Full Version : etx manifolds on rtp-1

mrm2083
01-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey i was wondering if i could put the etx manifolds (the ones without cats) on an rtp-1? Would they fit? Would it void my warrenty? would indmar sell it to me? Anyone know the price?

Farmer Ted
01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think they have it for the RTP yet, I imagine in a few years it will be standard on all engines.

Here's a pretty good write up on the system

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13355

JimN
01-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Read your manual for the warranty info. If you can't get it from there, contact Indmar. Boats aren't mike cars, with lots of aftermarket tune-up and performance parts/recalibrations and if you run your motor without cats but don't change the ECM program, you're going to throw a code (at least one) and it won't necessarily run right.

If you want more speed, a ski/wakeboarding boat is a bad place to look for it. They're not made for speed.

MYMC
01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I have them in stock, I'll sell them to you, we've done it, we need to re-map your ECM, it's very expensive...it's NOT WORTH IT!

Diesel
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I have them in stock, I'll sell them to you, we've done it, we need to re-map your ECM, it's very expensive...it's NOT WORTH IT!

What a sales pitch! :D

Ric
01-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I have them in stock, I'll sell them to you, we've done it, we need to re-map your ECM, it's very expensive...it's NOT WORTH IT! MYMC does the etx-cat close the loop and allow for automotive style reprogrammers etc?

MYMC
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
MYMC does the etx-cat close the loop and allow for automotive style reprogrammers etc?
Well it should but we would need the base code to be able to improve it...and I doubt anyone is going to give it up so that leaves hacking it. I have all the old Corvette stuff so it could be done but to justify the cost for the time involved...I dunno...

MYMC
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
What a sales pitch! :D
I know...but might as well tell him the truth.