PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Accuski?

kpickett
01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm looking at picking up a used Accuski. I can get it for a LOT cheaper than Perfect Pass. Anyone use Accuski? I'll be using it for course skiing. We ski the course a lot, but we're not doing tournaments, so I'm not worried about having it feel different in a tournament setting.

rodltg2
01-04-2005, 04:00 PM
ive never used it , but i know a couple peoplew who had it at my club, hated it and switched to perfect pass.

Mag_Red
01-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Hoiser Bob has one on his boat and loves it. Haven't seen him post in a while though :confused:

MYMC
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Make sure you can still get support (parts) and that it has the installation guide. They were much more difficult and time consuming to install.

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
MYMC, has accuski folded?

LakeLottawatta
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Interesting ... I found the accuski to be pretty much the same installation time as PP. The installation guide is available online and the parts are available from Guy at Accuski AFAIK. His contact info is on their website. www.accuski.com I believe accuski is a far better system in many ways, but unfortunately it didn't get marketed the same as PP did and pretty much lost support in the tournament community. I like PP too, they are just different ways to do the same thing.
:twocents:

Professor
01-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree. I used both and I like the pull-up feature of accuski. Guy (at accuski) is great to work with.

MYMC
01-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Is my understanding that AccuSki was purchased by Borg Warner...and was going to be promoted big time...then I dont know what happened but they disapppeared.
The systems we used to install were much more difficult to install due to the interface to the engine and fuel systems.

LakeLottawatta
01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
The latest version accuski I installed was 2000, I did not install the ETC version, so maybe it was harder, but the 2000 and earlier versions were as easy if not more simple than PP in my opinion. I heard (take it for what it is worth) that Borg Warner was commissioned to make the Accuski system, after a few years of production when they were not selling as many units as projected, Borg Warner increased their cost to produce each unit to a price that would have made in uncompetitive with perfect pass. The accuski system was waterproof, it was made with automotive grade connections, and a marine wiring harness. I feel it was a much more refined product than PP. The only component of the system I feel was inferior to PP was the servo motor. That being said, I use both to this day and like both for different reasons.