PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Lake, North Florida

A.I. Rider
01-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I was talking with a good friend of mine and he had mentioned a fun little boating spot called Cherry lake out in Madison county, FL. For all of you north Florida and south Georgia guys, what do you know about it or where might I be able to find some information on the lake itself, i.e. depth, does it get crowded, etc.. I have taken a morning to go and look at it and looks fairly stable and have found a few properties for sale, and minimum public launching capability. I have spent quite a bit of time online as well, but not a whole lot shows up. I am looking to find a small home or lot on a local lake, so I thought I would check this one out. Thanks in advance.

Brian

trickskier
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I was talking with a good friend of mine and he had mentioned a fun little boating spot called Cherry lake out in Madison county, FL. For all of you north Florida and south Georgia guys, what do you know about it or where might I be able to find some information on the lake itself, i.e. depth, does it get crowded, etc.. I have taken a morning to go and look at it and looks fairly stable and have found a few properties for sale, and minimum public launching capability. I have spent quite a bit of time online as well, but not a whole lot shows up. I am looking to find a small home or lot on a local lake, so I thought I would check this one out. Thanks in advance.

Brian
Please let me know what you find out. Do you know the size of the lake?

SouthWaker
01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
It is about a 600 acre lake. Very clean compaired to most lakes in our area, but that is a bad thing too because it draws a bit of traffic. You have your tipical jet skiers that want to ride on your platform and the tubers. It can get rather rough because of its shape. The public ramp is open throughout the early spring to fall I beleive, but they only let in the amount of boats that they are parking spaces. I think to say they have 10 would be pushing it.

A.I. Rider
01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Trick,
I have left several messages with some of the property owners and I will definitely keep you in the loop of what I find out. Have you been out on the water at all? I have to say I havent been out a bit since November. Very Very Sad.

SouthWalker,
Do you happen to know how deep it is? Is it fairly consistent in depth throughout? I am very curious because it did look like it could be a nice place. I saw a property with a white MC with red lettering, was that yours? I did see the ramp, and they limit it to seven from what the sign said. Thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.

SouthWaker
01-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Na sorry dude. I don't have a lake house anywhere we just travel to a few spots (30 minutes to 2 hours away from where I keep my boat). Im in college right now, but Cherry Lake is one of the spots we go. I wouldn't worry about depth, the lake itself has no shallow spots once you get off the bank. The ramp can be a pain when the water is low. My Cherokee has never had a problem with it in 4 wheel drive, but I have seen some 2 wheel drives need a boost. BTW that 205 is always sitting there. Ive never seen it out the water. This is my boat it is an older SportStar http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1671 I can throw a few grabs, 180's, surface and ollie 360, backroll, and Ive landed a couple of tantrums but have no idea how I done it. If you see us out there come ask for a pull, maybe you can show us some stuff.

A.I. Rider
01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
South,
I dont think you will learn much from me. I am still somewhat new to the sport, I just love doing what I can do though. I am definitely going to make a trip out that way sometime this year. Normally, we make our way down to Lake Santa Fe and on occasion Kingsley. I am very partial to SF though because it is fairly large and there is always somewhere to ride without being crowded. If you are ever that way, let me know, we are always looking for people to jump on and ride with us.
We are a pretty relaxed group of guys. Most of us are college age or older, me being the older(25). But we do have a good time. As I said, I am nothing special on the water, enjoy doing grabs, and spins, working on adding some inverts. I only have two down right now. But thats what is fun about it, going out and trying something new. Anyways, I do appreciate the help. Thanks.

A.I. Rider
01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
South,
I dont think you will learn much from me. I am still somewhat new to the sport, I just love doing what I can do though. I am definitely going to make a trip out that way sometime this year. Normally, we make our way down to Lake Santa Fe and on occasion Kingsley. I am very partial to SF though because it is fairly large and there is always somewhere to ride without being crowded. If you are ever that way, let me know, we are always looking for people to jump on and ride with us.
We are a pretty relaxed group of guys. Most of us are college age or older, me being the older(25). But we do have a good time. As I said, I am nothing special on the water, enjoy doing grabs, and spins, working on adding some inverts. I only have two down right now. But thats what is fun about it, going out and trying something new. Anyways, I do appreciate the help. Thanks.

trickskier
01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Trick,
I have left several messages with some of the property owners and I will definitely keep you in the loop of what I find out. Have you been out on the water at all? I have to say I havent been out a bit since November. Very Very Sad.

A.I.,
Yes, jcrosby & I were at Kingsley last weekend. I'm still on the mend from hernia surgery so it will probably be at least 2 more weeks before I actually ski. If you would like to go with us, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.