PDA

View Full Version : La Galaxy

sizzler
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Looks like David Beckham has signed for LA GALAXY for £128million over a 5 year period........thats $250 million......a million bucks per week....not bad eh??

wonder if he needs a new MC???

RexDog1
01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
OMG my wife loves him………and he is coming to LA????????????…lol:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sizzler
01-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Starts Playing For Them In August

3event
01-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, that's some serious coin!

I wonder if he will be frustrated by the relative lack of coverage for MLS compared to other major league sports here. The irony is that MLS may now begin to be covered more heavily in Europe than in the U.S.

Of course any such frustration would be soothed with the arrival of each successive paycheck most likely.

Sodar
01-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Bend it like Beckham!!!

I did not even know LA had a soccer team.... JK! But jeez, $250 mil for a 5 year contract?? Where is the revenue coming from??

RexDog1
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Well it looks like we are going to the river ALL summer……….:cool:

sizzler
01-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Bend it like Beckham!!!

I did not even know LA had a soccer team.... JK! But jeez, $250 mil for a 5 year contract?? Where is the revenue coming from??

PROB FROM TOM AND KATIE

Sodar
01-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Well it looks like we are going to the river ALL summer……….:cool:

Is this to keep the wife away from the games and Beckham!?!? LOL

Cool for the river though! I will see ya out there... every other weekend Saturday morning through Monday afternoon... that's the plan!!

Harvey
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I hate to break it to you Rex but Beck and his wife have had a place in LA for years. They are there a lot. In soccer terms this is a big contract but by no means the biggest. Beckham hasn't done much for Real Madrid since he left Man U. Real is looking to unload some costs and try to rebuilt since they have won the championship since picking up all the players they gobbled up. The US soccer federation needs some PR to boost the MLS not only in the US but worldwide. This deal has been rumored for about a year now. It will likely bring the MLS revenue that they havent had before. I really think that you will see more European players coming here in the next 5-7 years. Mark my words soccer will be bigger in America.

RexDog1
01-11-2007, 11:35 AM
So when “Beckham
” hunting season start in LA???:rolleyes:

sizzler
01-11-2007, 11:37 AM
this is DEFO the biggest soccer contract.......we have not heard of any bigger.....he is such a style icon over here and in europe that they will re-coup the money in merchandise sales very quickly...his shirts will be bought over here and in the states as well..its a stepping stone for the beckhams to get into hollywood..they are already friends with the cruises and j-lo....he will not be out of your gossip columns........gives us a rest over here

Sodar
01-11-2007, 11:44 AM
So when “Beckham
” hunting season start in LA???:rolleyes:

How ya gunna catch the squirrell there Griswald?? "Well, I am gunna catch it in a coat.... SMACK IT WITH A HAMMER!!"

Leroy
01-11-2007, 11:44 AM
WOW! This is big!

Sizzler do you know this guy?
My son's team is the demonstration team with Clinician: Richard Hartis – Manchester United Academy this Friday. He is in 5 sessions with different coaches for the US national coaches convention here in Indianapolis this week.

sizzler
03-07-2007, 07:11 AM
i am afraid that i dont know him....but beckham is global news......and so is his stick insect of a wife....its a good PR thing for football(soccer) in the states.....with more and more of your kids playing soccer as opposed to the more expensive sports you are gonna see an amazing growth in the public awareness of soccer.......our biggest club ,manchester united,is now american owned (the glazer family,who own the tampa bay buccaneers)...liverpool is now U.S. owned......these are massive ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE clubs......

in 20 yrs ,when the superbowl is relegated to some lowly channel by the socer champs....you'll all remember me

sizzler
03-07-2007, 07:16 AM
prob why the man utd acadamy is over in the states...because of the glazer family

tex
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Just watched the new conference. I had all the confetti being blown at sports events. It just whips my ars! I hope Beckham does well. His wife is a whip! She acts like the Spice Girls are on the same level as the Beatles! Stick chick with a bad attitude does nothing for me and I like thin girls!

Naste Craft
07-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I heard he is only getting 6.5 mil a year to play but after all the endorsements he will make the 250 mill in 5 years... There is no way LA could pay him 50 mil a year, no one goes to the games how could they ever pay him that much.....

BTW how is soccer a sport you can't use your hands:confused:

Harvey
07-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I heard he is only getting 6.5 mil a year to play but after all the endorsements he will make the 250 mill in 5 years... There is no way LA could pay him 50 mil a year, no one goes to the games how could they ever pay him that much.....

BTW how is soccer a sport you can't use your hands:confused:

That why I said what I said on page one. This soccer contract is not big it's the endorsements that make it big.

Just wait till you see how many people try to get tickets to Galaxy games now.

BTW how is football a sport when it takes 4 hours to play a 60 minute game? That's at least three hours at rest and they don't even really play the full 60 minutes if you want to get picky. :confused:

Naste Craft
07-13-2007, 05:49 PM
:noface: :noface: :noface: :noface:

Harvey
07-13-2007, 06:41 PM
:noface: :noface:

I figured one turn deserves another. :D

Shhhh, I actually watch a lot of college football. :cool: