PDA

View Full Version : HDTV antenna question

mitch
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
If I have an external HD antenna, can I split the signal and use the one antenna for 2 HD TV's at the same time? Thanks!

Mag_Red
01-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't see why not.

Leroy
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
That will work fine. You may want an amplifier/splitter if the signals are weak.

Andyg
01-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Just make sure you use the correct splitter. Some splitters are made for Satellite/Cable frequencies and others are for antennas.

I split my antenna feed from one HD tv to two HD tvs in my house a couple of weeks ago. There was a samll drop in signal strength due to using the splitter, but all of my HD channels still come in fine. If you are having problems after you split it I would suggest using a pre-amp on your antenna. The pre-amp works by having the amplifier mounted on the antenna. It the has the power control box somewhere in your house prior to your splitter.

I found this forum has some great information if you need to do more research.

Satellite_Guys_HD_Over_The_Air_Forum (http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

milkmania
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
heck yeah, go for it!

it's not my money8p

mitch
01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys, Wife said no to a new LCD for the game room a few minutes ago. She was sorta smiling. Daughter was just accepted to college for fall/07, so I have very little time to get it done. I need a strategy, ideas?

Leroy
01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh just buy it! Then you'll adventually have make up whoopie also! ;)

I know what you mean our oldest is headed off this fall $$$$$

Thanks guys, Wife said no to a new LCD for the game room a few minutes ago. She was sorta smiling. Daughter was just accepted to college for fall/07, so I have very little time to get it done. I need a strategy, ideas?

mitch
01-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh just buy it! Then you'll adventually have make up whoopie also! ;)

I know what you mean our oldest is headed off this fall $$$$$

Wondering if that's teh best approach:)

Danimal
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM

Just go out and buy it, Mitch - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.:D