PDA

View Full Version : bull shoals lake

baedriver
01-10-2007, 06:41 PM
does anyone know if the slalom course is still near pontiac lodge at bull shoals. LAst i recall the buoys were short on both side but that was years ago. We a planning a ski vacation to there or table rock but i think the water will be better at bull shoals. Any input would be great. thanks!!

tex
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't know about the course but it's a great lake. I've done a couple of shows there. Breathtaking!

bepresto
01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
come to tablerock. we just got approval for another slalom course around the Baxter area. If you decide to go to tablerock instead, let me know, and I could tell you where the course is.

lake
01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
The course is no longer at Pontiac. There's a new fly-in community close by so the cove is now full of docks. I was last up there in August 06.

Its kind of a catch 22. Bull Shoals has much less boat traffic and incredible open water skiing but no course. Table Rock is busy but has the slalom courses, go figure. We wind up going to BS most of the time but go to TR when we want to run the course.

Diesel
01-11-2007, 09:39 AM
There used to be a course back near Cedar Creek. It's NE of 125 near the MO state line. Not too sure if it is still there though. Maybe someone from Springfield can chime in.................

lake
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I've got an email in to one of the resorts on that part of the lake. Let you know if I find anything out. That would be awesome if what you're saying is true.

Fitz2333
01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
We went to Bull Shoals for 14 years and parked a houseboat rented from Pontiac Cove Marina in the cove with that course - Unfortunately Pontiac Cove Marina no longer rents houseboats - on the plus side, we've moved to Norfolk Lake approximately 40 miles to the East of Bull Shoals - MUCH less crowded - perfect water and brand new houseboats for rent at www.101boatdock.com

Diesel
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
MUCH less crowded - perfect water and brand new houseboats for rent at www.101boatdock.com

Man it must be really slow on Norfolk. The years we spent at BS we has the lake to ourselves and rarely saw another boat.

Willski
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I've heard the same of BS. Hardly any boat traffic. We went to TR this summer, first week of August. Even during the week the traffic was there. Not terrible, but enough. Found a course near the AR border. Snake Creek? area. Missing some bouys, but still pretty cool.

lake
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Good news. I heard back on an email from a resort owner in the Cedarcreek area and there is a slalom course. Its near Point 19 on Bull Shoals. Here's a website for some resorts on that part of the lake: http://bullshoalslake.org/

The course on Table Rock is near Kimberling City in Cow Creek cove. The course is decent as long as you can navigate the wakes of 55 ft Sea Rays on your way there.

lake
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Good news. I heard back on an email from a resort owner in the Cedarcreek area and there is a slalom course. Its near Point 19 on Bull Shoals. Here's a website for some resorts on that part of the lake: http://bullshoalslake.org/

The course on Table Rock is near Kimberling City in Cow Creek cove. The course is decent as long as you can navigate the wakes of 55 ft Sea Rays on your way there.

Diesel
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Here is where we used to stay. http://www.cedarcreekcove.com/

Great area but it's about 5 mile in on a very poor road. Plus there is no boat ramp and you have to launch off an old road bed. Did it many years with no problems so you should be fine. Not too sure what condition the resort is in now a days. It has been 5+ years since I stayed there.

lake
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Funny you mention that. Cedarcreek is the guy who gave me the info. We live south of Springfield so we can just tow to Diamond City then boat about 15 miles and were there.