PDA

View Full Version : Tundra CrewMax unveiled

Ryan
01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
This sure legitimizes the Dodge MegaCab.
Hmmm...not sure about this one. I'm holding judgment until I see one in person.

Toyota Tundra (http://www.toyota.com/tundra/exterior.html)

sanjuan23
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
You know not to bash the Toyota but if you do not look closely at that thing you would almost swear it looks like the Ram:o

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Those wheels sure are turning at a high rate of speed to only be that far out of the water and there is practically no water coming off the bow/keel of the boat. Yet in the Tundra ad, it shows the wheels sitting still while towing a camper down the highway! Is it Real or is it Photoshop?

Ryan
01-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Those wheels sure are turning at a high rate of speed to only be that far out of the water and there is practically no water coming off the bow/keel of the boat. Yet in the Tundra ad, it shows the wheels sitting still while towing a camper down the highway! Is it Real or is it Photoshop?

I think it's long exposure with perfect tracking to give that look. I mean perfect! I've tried to do similar photos and aparently I'm not as good as I thought.

milkmania
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM

FIRST THING I saw....was just going to post it too:rolleyes:

Mag_Red
01-10-2007, 09:22 PM
FIRST THING I saw....was just going to post it too:rolleyes:
Probably just spinning the tires trying to get that old boat out of the water8p

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Note how high the boat is sitting "in" the water,....

ski_king
01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I think some graphic artist, screwed up....
Do I see water running out of the cab?

It claims the 5.7 has 381 hp @ 5600 rpm and 401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm, not bad, I wonder if it is a gas hog like the hemi?

Sodar
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
You are sooo behind Ryan... I had this up MONTHS AGO!!! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12944&highlight=tundra Just kidding buddy!

Do I sense a new truck coming along with the new job!?!?!? I am sure the new Tundra would pull a new 190 VERY nicely!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I'll give 'em a slice of credit, It's good to see someone else using Ford style side mirrors. Wise idea, best on the market. And the Ford style grab handles on the pillars. Another good thing to have.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I am sure the new Tundra would pull a new 190 VERY nicely!!
I would hope so, might have to run a 1/2 tank of fuel though to lighten the load....:rolleyes:

Sodar
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I would hope so, might have to run a 1/2 tank of fuel though to lighten the load....:rolleyes:
Thanks for the sarcasm! I woul have said a new big boat like the X-45 or something, but I know Ryan is a hardcore skier, so I tailored the post to him!! :jumping:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm! I woul have said a new big boat like the X-45 or something, but I know Ryan is a hardcore skier, so I tailored the post to him!! :jumping:
I just know he loves Toyota, so it was just alittle "ribbing"... :D ;)

BrianM
01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
According to there site the 5.7l Crew Max with a tow package has a 4.30 rear end. That is some seriously low gearing. I am guessing real worl mileage is going to be 12mpg with that combo even with the 6 speed auto..

BrianM
01-11-2007, 10:24 AM
That 5.7 is a huge improvement over the 4.7. 110 more ponies and 88 ft lbs more torque.

4.7-liter DOHC EFI V8, 32-valve aluminum block with aluminum alloy head with VVT-i
271 hp @ 5400 rpm
313 lb.-ft. @ 3400 rpm
Bore and stroke: 3.70 x 3.31
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Displacement: 4664 cc
Ignition system: DIS (Direct)
Emissions: ULEV II
Recommended fuel: 87 octane or higher O O

5.7-liter DOHC EFI V8, 32-valve aluminum block with aluminum alloy head with Dual VVT-i
381 hp @ 5600 rpm
401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
Bore and stroke: 3.70 x 4.02
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Displacement: 5663 cc
Ignition system: DIS (Direct)
Emissions: ULEV II
Recommended fuel: 87 octane or higher

Ric
01-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Those wheels sure are turning at a high rate of speed to only be that far out of the water and there is practically no water coming off the bow/keel of the boat. Yet in the Tundra ad, it shows the wheels sitting still while towing a camper down the highway! Is it Real or is it Photoshop? probably a photshop
I had a client once doing product promotions where they'd get specific parts (for instance the yota may have had black walls and solid aluminum wheels for the still) and then doctor the photo for the ad to appear in motion. Probably not hard to do at all.
that or they just photochopped out the smoke and flinging water from the factory meats spinning in 4x4

Maristar210
01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Looks to me like all four wheels are spinning in the photo. Not sure how that can be positive.:rolleyes:

In any case it sure looks like a Dodge to me and the fact of the matter is I would not own either.

Our local rental agency in our whopping metropolis only has two pick ups and thier both Dodge's. I have ridden and driven them and I must say they ride like sheeeet. Very rough. As for this Toyota I would tell you that GM makes a very nice truck right up in Janesville Wisconsin where people are happy to be making a true American product.:D

How's that WFT?

Faded & X9-Rated
01-11-2007, 10:46 AM
You know not to bash the Toyota but if you do not look closely at that thing you would almost swear it looks like the Ram:o

I does look like a Ram! Just looks like the took the grill and flipped it upside-down:rolleyes:

Diesel
01-11-2007, 11:12 AM
As for this Toyota I would tell you that GM makes a very nice truck right up in Janesville Wisconsin where people are happy to be making a true American product.:D

How's that WFT?

Just make sure your GM is not made in MX before buying. FYI, MX trucks VINs start with 3 US made trucks start with 1.

RobertT
01-11-2007, 11:42 AM
I bought a new Suburban 4 years ago, and picked it up from the dealer about ten minutes after it showed up. they had not even went through their check yet or pulled the plastic off.

In two locations, there was quality control checklists, etc.....

All in spanish.

I was not pleased. My American made truck was obviously assembled in Mexico and shipped directly here.

On the other hand, that truck was the best vehicle I ever owned. 130,000 miles when I traded it in. Zero maintenance costs other than oil changes and tires...and that was not until 75,000 miles.

Not even brakes! Truly a superior vehicle...but I was still pissed about the spanish language QC paperwork. English was not even on it as a secondary option!

bcampbe7
01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I bought a new Suburban 4 years ago, and picked it up from the dealer about ten minutes after it showed up. they had not even went through their check yet or pulled the plastic off.

In two locations, there was quality control checklists, etc.....

All in spanish.

I was not pleased. My American made truck was obviously assembled in Mexico and shipped directly here.

On the other hand, that truck was the best vehicle I ever owned. 130,000 miles when I traded it in. Zero maintenance costs other than oil changes and tires...and that was not until 75,000 miles.

Not even brakes! Truly a superior vehicle...but I was still pissed about the spanish language QC paperwork. English was not even on it as a secondary option!

Good to hear b/c I think the 2004 Yukon XL I jsut bought was assembled in Mexico!

BrianM
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I am pretty sure that all of the Suburban, Yukon XL and Avalanches are built in Mexico.

Edit: Nevermind. The Suburban and Yukon XL are built in either Silao MX, Wentsville MO, or Janesville WI

For anyone interested http://www.gmgypsy.com/locations.php

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 01:36 PM
American product.:D

How's that WFT?
I am proud of you my son....:D.....Keep up the good work...:cool:

P.S. Diesel just has to be the spoiler doesn't he....Is that why 90% of the Mexican people I deal with on a regualr basis drive Chevy's....? I have been wondering.:rolleyes:

Ryan
01-11-2007, 01:41 PM
You are sooo behind Ryan... I had this up MONTHS AGO!!! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12944&highlight=tundra Just kidding buddy!

Do I sense a new truck coming along with the new job!?!?!? I am sure the new Tundra would pull a new 190 VERY nicely!!

My bad. I should have searched first. That's what I get for skipping a few months on the board.

No truck in my future. I'm not as brand loyal as WFT thinks if I were I'd be buying a Suburban Z71. I just want the best product at the best value for my needs. Right now it's looking like an Expedition EL, a minivan if we have to sell the boat, or hold out for the '08 Sequoia. The Toyota 5.7 with 381hp and 400+lbft should smoke the poor 300hp Ford. But, the value ratio wins with $46K Sequoia vs a $38k Expedition Limited EL (after all discounts, rebates, coupons, punch cards and wooden nickles). What ever happened to the King Ranch leather package?

Ryan
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Note how high the boat is sitting "in" the water,....

A Fishing Cuddy can easily float like that 15'+ waterline to T top....

SodarSki, do you guys still have your cuddy? Or is yours a walkaround?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
What ever happened to the King Ranch leather package?
Someone here on TT has that package...I don't recall who...And I thought it was at least '06...
Are you saying that package is gone on the '07s..?

bcampbe7
01-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Someone here on TT has that package...I don't recall who...And I thought it was at least '06...

moneybags BriEOD has a king Ranch Truck. Not sure which year, but he bought it new. I wanna say 2005. :confused:

Sodar
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
A Fishing Cuddy can easily float like that 15'+ waterline to T top....

SodarSki, do you guys still have your cuddy? Or is yours a walkaround?

No, she is gone... I do not have a pic on this comp though... It was a center console with a cuddy cabin... I think that T-top to waterline was ~12 feet... We used to be able to fit under all but one of the bridges in Naples at low tide.

Layout View
http://www.jupitermarine.com/drawings/31cTopSm.gif

Profile View
http://www.jupitermarine.com/drawings/31SideSm.gif

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Good to hear b/c I think the 2004 Yukon XL I jsut bought was assembled in Mexico!
Your Yukon was built in Janesville Beau.

bcampbe7
01-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Your Yukon was built in Janesville Beau.

OK, so where did I get Mexico?

Monte
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Check the first # in the Vin 1= US 2=Canada 3= mexico (W4T may have to correct me)

bcampbe7
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Check the first # in the Vin 1= US 2=Canada 3= mexico (W4T may have to correct me)

It's a "1" but I could have sworn I saw "Assembled in Mexico" somewhere. I believe you guys, no doubt, I just don't know where I saw that "Assembled in Mexico." :confused:

I have been sick for the past few days so that may have something to do with it...

01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Mongo dont know, has to do with where choo choo go.

01-11-2007, 02:43 PM
It's a "1" but I could have sworn I saw "Assembled in Mexico" somewhere. I believe you guys, no doubt, I just don't know where I saw that "Assembled in Mexico." :confused:

I have been sick for the past few days so that may have something to do with it...
the vin you gave me starts with a "1" and I the vin report is still sitting here, and it says that was assembled in janesville. Look at the right column, you will see it listed there.

Dont give me excuses about being sick, I am "sick" everyday and I do just fine.:cool: :D

Ryan
01-11-2007, 02:46 PM

That's what two Ford sales guys, at my local dealership, and another in UT said. But what do they know? I suspect they may reinstate the King Ranch package as the new model matures in the product life cycle. I also read of a higher output engine...more reasons to hold off.

bcampbe7
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
the vin you gave me starts with a "1" and I the vin report is still sitting here, and it says that was assembled in janesville. Look at the right column, you will see it listed there.

Dont give me excuses about being sick, I am "sick" everyday and I do just fine.:cool: :D

I'll be dang... There it be (I even read that when you sent it). "JAN - Assembly plant - Janesville, WI"

I was looking at the build plant at the top where it said 14J06 (which meant nothing to me).

I am not your kind of sick though...

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Maybe from this object left under the hood from the last guy that did service on it...??

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I am not your kind of sick though...
Maybe it's the Illinois "bug" we put in all the cars people buy from here and ship out:confused: , did that vehicle include a bottle of anti-bacterial soap, we throw everyone off with that one... Maybe..? Or was it the ohio water you drank a few weeks ago...Some type of revenge thing like the "don't drink the water in mexico"..

Maristar210
01-11-2007, 03:39 PM

It's the hooch you mod's have been drinkin'

Was the "made in Ma hee co" very close to a dead worm?:D

BriEOD
01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll give 'em a slice of credit, It's good to see someone else using Ford style side mirrors. Wise idea, best on the market. And the Ford style grab handles on the pillars. Another good thing to have.
Still "it ain't no Ford."

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Can't argue that......;)

BriEOD
01-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I figured if anyone would agree with me on this one, it would be you.

sand2snow22
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Can't argue that......;)

Well with the mirrors and the dash/interior copied, you know who they're gunning for, Ford. I'm a little disappointed in the way the rear looks, more specifically the tailights, fugly if you ask me. I hope they change them in a year or two. I'd like to see it in person.

CHaus21
01-11-2007, 10:54 PM

The King Ranch Package was available in the 06 Exped and currently is not available on the 07. It WILL be available in the not too distant future of the redeigned Exped. Possibly late 07/early 08 model year.

CHaus21
01-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Amen brother!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I figured if anyone would agree with me on this one, it would be you.
You figured right on the money....:D