PDA

View Full Version : TT Site Navigation Improvements

RickDV
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I would love to see some TT site navigation improvements that would make using TT more enjoyable. For example:

1. Put the navigation/menu bar at the top AND bottom of the window. After reading a thread I am at the bottom of the window and then have to scroll back to the top to click on "New Posts". It would be great to have this button available at both bottom and top of the window.

2. Make the "next page" links larger. Hitting that small ">" link to go to the next page should be easier.

3. Give me a hot key to jump to the next or previous page from the keyboard. I could hit ctrl-pgdown faster than finding and clicking a link.

4. How about a way to jump to a specific page in the thread. Some threads have 100+ pages. I would like to be able to jump to page 101 directly.

5. Search results should take me to the specific post I want and not just the thread.

Thanks for listening... :twocents:

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I agree with your 5 proposals. I have never thought to write down most you listed and present them as you did, thanks!

Sodar
01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Great list! All very reasonable and logical ideas!!

chudson
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Great ideas, way to go Rick :D

east tx skier
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Send a PM to TTAdmin with this stuff. Great ideas. Anyone got anymore?

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM

RickDV, keep us informed as to what they reply, it will be interesting.

etakk7
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I would like to see full functionality right from the log-in, like search, etc. It sends you to the new posts, but with little other functionality. Currently I immediately click on the "Team Talk" link in the upper right to get to this stuff. I can always click on the "new posts" should I want to at this point as well, and get ALL of them, not just the first 25.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way though?

sanjuan23
01-10-2007, 07:14 PM

Thread Jack! "Walter I have no idea where any of this has anything to do with Vietnam!"

Thread Jack Over!

bigmac
01-10-2007, 07:15 PM
A lot of these modifications are pretty hard to do and require a substantial understanding of how to build style sheets that can be applied to the vBulletin software. Things like button sizes and menu bars are fairly simple, things like moving them around or changing page delineators are surprisingly hard. vBulletin is pretty solid software, but it gets really complex when you start getting under the hood. It's far easier (and more secure and more reliable) to minimize that kind of tweaking.

Hate to be a downer, but I wouldn't hold my breath.