PDA

View Full Version : 214, X14 and CSX

MYMC
01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
In case you were wondering about MSRP: http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?forum=16&category=1&postid=4747

sanjuan23
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks Mike, cant wait until tomorrow getting to see the X14 upclose and personal!

sand2snow22
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Xstar-$75k, X-Star PWT $79k..... Only $4k more?

MYMC
01-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Xstar-$75k, X-Star PWT $79k..... Only $4k more?
Call it a bargin!

sand2snow22
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Are all of those are just starting MSRP's?

MYMC
01-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Are all of those are just starting MSRP's?
All are base boat MSRP; however, as is the case with the PWT X-Star the boat carries many options with it stock so base boat is a bit of a misnomer. In other words “base boat” doesn’t always mean the same thing for each model. As always check with your local dealer and make your best deal...to me the 214 looks to be a bargain when compared to the 197.

Farmer Ted
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
All are base boat MSRP; however, as is the case with the PWT X-Star the boat carries many options with it stock so base boat is a bit of a misnomer. In other words “base boat” doesn’t always mean the same thing for each model. As always check with your local dealer and make your best deal...to me the 214 looks to be a bargain when compared to the 197.

any pictures of the 214?

sanjuan23
01-10-2007, 04:42 PM
any pictures of the 214?

Well the camera will be in hand at the Ft. Worth Boat Show this weekend to snap a few. Wont be making the show tomorrow night as I had hoped.

Archimedes
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
The X-1 base price is now over $48k?! Did they add any standard features to it or is it just a huge price increase? Is that $48k for a single axle trailer?

Holy snikey, I'm glad I bought an 06.

Farmer Ted
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Well the camera will be in hand at the Ft. Worth Boat Show this weekend to snap a few. Wont be making the show tomorrow night as I had hoped.

we're going Saturday afternoon, just thought someone had some.

oh yeah, is Ft Worth in a dry county?

MYMC
01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
The X-1 base price is now over $48k?! Did they add any standard features to it or is it just a huge price increase? Is that $48k for a single axle trailer?

Holy snikey, I'm glad I bought an 06.
MSRP is not the same at the "advertised price" that was used in the ads last year...however that may go up...to what I do not not know. There was no content or features added...the X1 is unchanged. Any price change is directly related to supply line price increases.

sanjuan23
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
No (Tarrant Co.) / Ft. Worth itself is not dry but there are smaller cities here and there that are dry. There is always plenty of beer flowing at the boat show to convince people they need a new boat.

H20skeefreek
01-10-2007, 07:29 PM
...to me the 214 looks to be a bargain when compared to the 197.

Is it that much cheaper to build a liner boat? If so, can we expect the other boats to go DOWN in price when they redesign them?

Archimedes
01-10-2007, 11:16 PM
MSRP is not the same at the "advertised price" that was used in the ads last year...however that may go up...to what I do not not know. There was no content or features added...the X1 is unchanged. Any price change is directly related to supply line price increases.

Yeah, we all know that the $39,995 was a joke (even funnier when MC was still running it in the DECEMBER issue of Wakeboarding magazine), but if I recall the real base price was around $42k. So it's gone up almost 15% in one year. Wow. The boat market must be hot.

erkoehler
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM

Few small "updates" though.

-LED trailer lighting
-Chrome exhaust tips
-New tower, PREWIRED!
-MP3 Jack standard.
-Swing tongue on trailer

Probably missed something....X-1 is still an AWESOME boat and a great value.

MYMC
01-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, we all know that the $39,995 was a joke (even funnier when MC was still running it in the DECEMBER issue of Wakeboarding magazine), but if I recall the real base price was around $42k. So it's gone up almost 15% in one year. Wow. The boat market must be hot.
If it was a "joke" I missed the comedy...I sold 5 at that price. And to be honest my last two 2006 X1's just left (yesterday to be exact) one for more than the December ad (because it had a ton of options) and the other dead on the number (with 3 options that were not included in the price!)...so I miss the humor there as well.

Look, I don't think the X1 is a joke...it is intended to get people in the door (and that is what it did)...where you end up is up to you and your wants and your self control.

MYMC
01-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Is it that much cheaper to build a liner boat? If so, can we expect the other boats to go DOWN in price when they redesign them?
All our boats are liner boats...It is when you see us redesign a boat and utilize a grid stringer that a price jump occurs and people question what happened since it cannot be seen i.e. X2.

Archimedes
01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
If it was a "joke" I missed the comedy...I sold 5 at that price. And to be honest my last two 2006 X1's just left (yesterday to be exact) one for more than the December ad (because it had a ton of options) and the other dead on the number (with 3 options that were not included in the price!)...so I miss the humor there as well.

Look, I don't think the X1 is a joke...it is intended to get people in the door (and that is what it did)...where you end up is up to you and your wants and your self control.

I meant it was a joke because all of the dealers I spoke to in this region (5-6 of them) said that the $39k price looked good in ads, but they couldn't sell a boat at that price, even a stripper with a single axle trailer. The starting price for a no option X-1 at every dealer I called was around $42.5k. And they warned me that it would be 9% higher in 07, so they estimated about $46k for a bone stripper X-1. With options it was going to push it well over $50k before TTL for an 07 X-1, which I could never get my mind around.

I'm not ripping MC about it's pricing; I'm sure they know a hell of a lot more about the boat market than I do. I'm just shocked that the market will bear $55k for an X-1, that's all. Gonna take good care of mine, cause it doesn't look like I'll be buying another! :)

H20skeefreek
01-11-2007, 01:42 PM
so why is it that the 214 is so "reasonably" priced. It is less than a 209 was correct? The cost to build it MUST have gone down right, or am I crazy?

sanjuan23
01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
So I ended up going out to the Fort Worth Boat Show this evening. After being told that an X-14 would be there. It wasnt! :mad: :mad:

Harvey
01-12-2007, 11:14 AM
San Juan I was there last night to get shots of the 214 for this board and Todd tells me that they will be unveiling it at the Dallas show at the end of the month. I was kind of upset at first but then I saw the CSX220. I have some pictures of this boat for anyone that is interested. Sometime this weekend I will get them up.

sanjuan23
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Yup they gave me the same answer. Michael had told me on Saturday they were prepping it over in service and that it would be there for the Ft. Worth Show. So now my name is mud about making a big hubbub. :( I was disappointed myself but then again just another reason to go to another boat show and have a few more beers.

I really liked that color scheme on that 2005 X-Star they had out there last night.

Sodar
01-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am PISSED!!! I wanna see some real pictures!! :D

sanjuan23
01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Look here Sodar you're gonna have to wait just like the rest of us. :D

Sodar
01-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Look here Sodar you're gonna have to wait just like the rest of us. :D

(In a Spoiled, Whiney, Obnoxious Kid Voice) BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!

3event
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
CLICK OVER TO THIS ONE FOR X14:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13699

I still love my 197, thank you very much......

Harvey
01-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Look in the Atlanta boat show thread there are pics of the X14. I will get you a full shoot of the 214 at the dallas show, hopefully.

I didn't go looking at too many Mastercrafts as I really don't need to trade my 06 for an 07. I did spend quite a bit of time on the new Epic wakeboard boat. Definitely not a Mastercraft but it has potential.

sanjuan23
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Harvey were you over there discussing the construction of the Epic with their reps? If so I walked right past you. I saw the front end of that boat and the square stern etc. And just kept on walking. Probably give everyone a little more time on Saturday had too many bosses etc. To keep full of beer:D

Sodar
01-12-2007, 12:27 PM
CLICK OVER TO THIS ONE FOR X14:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13699

I still love my 197, thank you very much......

PHEW! Much better now! At least I no longer feel like I am throwing my money away on a 197!

TMCNo1
01-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I hope they put more classic decals on the 214 than the "I crashed into the island on that aircraft carrier I just landed on" decals of the X-14!

3event
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
PHEW! Much better now! At least I no longer feel like I am throwing my money away on a 197!

You said it! No further comment necessary.:D

Harvey
01-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Harvey were you over there discussing the construction of the Epic with their reps? If so I walked right past you. I saw the front end of that boat and the square stern etc. And just kept on walking. Probably give everyone a little more time on Saturday had too many bosses etc. To keep full of beer:D

I was talking with them at about 6? A buddy of mine Gene is helping them push their pontoon line. My fiance and I were chatting about the boat with him. I was in a white Tshirt with a black backpack, probably holding a camera.

They are building the hull with a foam core. The hull on that boat is solid and the availabilty of 4K of FACTORY ballast make it an attractive alternative. If they hold a place in the market and imporve their finish I could be swayed in the future. The "fit" of the boat is solid but they leave something to be desired in the "finish" category. I like their innovation but they just need to get better at executing it.