PDA

View Full Version : "Gorilla Glue"

Slinkyredfoot
01-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I tried this Gorilla Glue on some wooden dowels I had to use to repair enlongated holes in marine wood. Great stuff, bonds in 3-5 yrs, drillable, and sets up harder than Chinese arithmetic...Great for reparing chair legs or whatever else is loose. Try it you'll like it..

TMCNo1
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I tried this Gorilla Glue on some wooden dowels I had to use to repair enlongated holes in marine wood. Great stuff, bonds in 3-5 yrs, drillable, and sets up harder than Chinese arithmetic...Great for reparing chair legs or whatever else is loose. Try it you'll like it..

I hope you mean minutes, hours or maybe days, but years? Scared me!:D :rolleyes: :confused:

Leroy
01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Great stuff! I find it expands a lot also.

JimN
01-09-2007, 08:53 PM
3-5 years? You mean hours, right?

Don't leave the cap off. It uses the moisture from the air to cure.

roddydog
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Best stuff out there.

Use just a bit though...................Stuff expands fer YRS!!!

Slinkyredfoot
01-09-2007, 09:56 PM
3-5 years? You mean hours, right?

Don't leave the cap off. It uses the moisture from the air to cure.

No, 3-5years, that is why it is harder than Chinese arithmetic, we all need to be more patient in life.....of course 3-5 hours I screwed up
:o

ski_king
01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I used it on a loose spacer piece on my platform.

It was solid in 3 hrs. and has been on there for 3 to 5 years now.:rolleyes:

JimN
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, I know there are some glues that have longer open times but unless it's the perfect glue for procrastinators,....

TMCNo1
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, I know there are some glues that have longer open times but unless it's the perfect glue for procrastinators,....

But, why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Monte
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
It usually does in my household:mad::confused: :rant:

Slinkyredfoot
01-09-2007, 10:54 PM

Because if it is Gorilla Glue it takes 3-5yrs to cure that's why

Rich_G
01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I have a couple of places where the carpet is pulling away at the top of the sidewall inside the engine compartment. Kind of out of the way, but I thought I should take care of it before it gets bad.

Would Gorilla Glue be good for that?

Also on the trailer on the little carpet pieces on the wheel well, on the side toward the boat?

jimmer2880
01-10-2007, 07:02 AM
I had a heck of a time keeping the rear-view mirror on in my old '88 Chevy. Tried all the different types of "mirror" glue. Finally, I Gorilla Glued it. The mirror did come off again. But, when it did, some of the GLASS came with it :eek:

Leroy
01-10-2007, 07:54 AM
THe last thing I glued with Gorilla glue was a wood chopping block that was splitting in half, just last week. Great stuff.

Slinkyredfoot
01-10-2007, 08:24 AM
I have a couple of places where the carpet is pulling away at the top of the sidewall inside the engine compartment. Kind of out of the way, but I thought I should take care of it before it gets bad.

Also on the trailer on the little carpet pieces on the wheel well, on the side toward the boat?

I used some "Polypermaseal" for my wheel well carpet, still holding up very well. I think this would be better than GG.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM

On the bottle:
"Bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam board, concrete, brick, plastic laminate, iron, & aluminum" "Stainable, 100% waterproof, solvent free, paintable, goes on dark, dries light tan"
Also states:
"Lightly dampen one surface with water. spread thin layer of glue onto other surface, clamp objects together 3-4 hours" "After clamping glue will foam and expand in volume 3-4 times over the next hour so be careful of squeeze out on finished furniture, do not over apply glue"
"To prolong life, squeeze excess air from bottle and tightly replace lid"

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Great stuff! I find it expands a lot also.
Yes, Leroy "Great Stuff" is USED FOR expanding.....:rolleyes: 8p But that was a different thread with YOUR pictures...:purplaugh

pkskier
01-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Don't get any on your hands there is no way to remove it, it has to were off. Great stuff just be careful.

M-Funf
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I use it for quick repairs on furniture and other stuff, but rarely use it for my wood "projects" because of the expansion.

88 PS190
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
The expansion isn't an issue if you can clamp it extra tight.

I use it for lots of things, repaired a seat base, use it to put points into arrows. put it between wooden items that are to be screwed together.

The stuff will take Ikea furniture and make it rock solid.

Leroy
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, that was a strange thread....

Yes, Leroy "Great Stuff" is USED FOR expanding.....:rolleyes: 8p But that was a different thread with YOUR pictures...:purplaugh

JimN
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Acetone and lacquer thinner will remove Gorilla and Great Stuff but you need to make sure it won't damage whatever it's on and ventilate well.

TX.X-30 fan
01-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Used the stuff on the pins that hold the wakeboard racks together. 2 of them kept working out. No problems since. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
One down side....I don't think it takes stain at all. So if it has squeeze out on furniture, it will be there forever....