PDA

View Full Version : Tivo problems

123src
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
So I started noticing around Christmas that my Tivo has not been recording some of the things on my favorites list. Everything is set up right. Everything was working fine until whamo....things started not recording randomly????? I looked in my todo list and things that were supposed to daily record first runs only were randomly set to record in the future. I called Direct tv last night and they told me this is a "known issue" and there was nothing I could do until they figure out what was going on. Just wondering if any of you guys are having the same problem?

RickDV
01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
So I started noticing around Christmas that my Tivo has not been recording some of the things on my favorites list. Everything is set up right. Everything was working fine until whamo....things started not recording randomly????? I looked in my todo list and things that were supposed to daily record first runs only were randomly set to record in the future. I called Direct tv last night and they told me this is a "known issue" and there was nothing I could do until they figure out what was going on. Just wondering if any of you guys are having the same problem?

I have not noticed this happening on mine. Could this be something unique to the DirectTV edition of TiVo? I have a Humax Series 2 TiVo and it doesn't appear to be affecting it.

JimN
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I just got off of the phone with DirecTV on another topic and if it's the PVR-15, they have only found that reformatting the hard drive will take care of it, so far. This means the usual- if it's reformatted, all data is lost. They don't have any known issues with the HR-20 at this point.

123src
01-09-2007, 03:08 PM
mine is the HR10-250... whatever that means.

JimN
01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Did you talk to customer service or technical? I usually go right to technical- it saves time and aggravation.

phecksel
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=332166

123src
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks phecksel, look like this IS a widespread problem.

JimN
01-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Why not call DirecTV and ask for a replacement receiver?

123src
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
aha!!! I wish it was that easy. I talked with customer service and the the technical people. I asked for a replacement receiver, as I am paying monthly for a warranty replacement deal, and I was told that "this is a known issue, so we can't replace your receiver. If after we figure out what is going on, and the problem is still occuring with your receiver, then we can replace it." I asked for a time line on figuring it out, but they dodged the question...just kept reading the script.."this is a known issue, and we are working towards a solution" Frustrating as all get out...oh yeah, she did offer to credit my account $10 for my inconvienece.

M-Funf
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
10 bux? ya gotta push harder than that...

If a new receiver will fix the problem, then it's not a system problem. They should send you a new receiver.

Can you sign up for another service provider? Threaten them with cancelling their service.

Bottom line...Don't pay for things you don't get! My DirecTV service was out for almost a week due to a "system problem". When the bill arrived, they didn't take anything off. They said it was a problem with the satellite, and they don't own the satellite, so it's not their problem. I told them to come take their dish of the side of my house (or I would) and cancel my service. The credited me one week immediately.

My wife is ruthless on this stuff. She'll call and demand retribution for thirty cents!

JimN
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe 10 bucks a month until they fix it. Since it will happen with a new receiver, it makes sense to not replace them if the receiver isn't the problem.

I signed up for DirecTV when my cable bill went to $65/mo with no pay channels or broadband. I called DirecTV after seeing an ad for 4 receivers, whatever the package was for $49/mo and when I called, the guy was pretty motivated to sign me up. I got the HD receiver for the main room, DVR for the second room and another basic one that I'm not using yet but will soon. I got the portable DVD player freebie and then I asked what else tehy were offering and he gave me a link to a form that gives me another $10/mo discount for 15 months. Free install (I ended up helping because the helper was very new and clueless) but I had things to do that evening so they needed to finish.

Much better than cable was.

123src
01-29-2007, 01:06 AM
After pushing and pushing, They have sent me a new dual tuner HD DVR. Pretty cool, right....wrong. It is made by Direct TV. It seems they don't offer the TIVO brand anymore. They tell me Everybody likes their receiver better than the Tivos, but I can't believe it. After 5 years of TIVO, this DVR sucks. They tell me tha once I get used to it, I will like it better than TIVO. I guess I am just rambling now, but I am so unhappy and had to vent.

Leroy
01-29-2007, 07:14 AM
No wonder their subscriber base is falling. I hope my DirecTV TIVO doesn't fail.......

phecksel
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
After pushing and pushing, They have sent me a new dual tuner HD DVR. Pretty cool, right....wrong. It is made by Direct TV. It seems they don't offer the TIVO brand anymore. They tell me Everybody likes their receiver better than the Tivos, but I can't believe it. After 5 years of TIVO, this DVR sucks. They tell me tha once I get used to it, I will like it better than TIVO. I guess I am just rambling now, but I am so unhappy and had to vent.
Over at the tivo community forum, there's thread after thread after thread of people that do not like the DTV DVR.