PDA

View Full Version : A Ghost Story

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I need some help on how do you handle this with kids?
I have a 7-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl
We moved into this home about 3 years ago, from time to time
My wife has been home by her self and has heard someone walking
Upstairs,
and my son at night when he is sleeping, he wakes up
And says someone is calling his name?? Or he says he hears voices coming
From the attic
My 4-year-old says some one is talking to her from the attic????
Me…. I have heard walking at night down the hallway?
I don’t believe in Ghost at all, so all these things I think they are BS
Tell yesterday? My son and his friend were playing in his room
His friend came down to me and said someone in the attic told him to leave….
I told him no one wants him to leave, and they went in the back yard to play
I ask my son later if he had talked to Joey about the voices he has heard?
He said no…..now the kicker…. My wife and I only know this… the first
Owner of the house was a single man who died in the house…..
4 years ago…...................
I do not know what to do with the kids? We are playing it off
As no big thing with them, but heII I am thinking WTH is going on?
All kids have the boogeyman man story, but this has taken a step past that?

KnoxX2
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Get Out Asap

bcampbe7
01-09-2007, 11:17 AM
That is pretty wild there Rexdog. I have never had an experience like this. I can't really say that I believe in ghost either, but dang that's a bit spooky.

Sometimes the mind does play tricks on us. Are you sure that your son didn't put his friend up to it, or tell him about hearing voices?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
The footsteps are most likely Skidog's MIA Peacock, and the voices from the attic, that is most likely Hoosier Bob telling you to leave and go to the liquor store to buy him more beer. thats as near as I can figure anyway.

Mikey
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I sure hope there arent "addict's" living in your house.:D

Datdude
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Get Out Asap

LMAO!

I do think ghosts exist and I would be scared as he!!

Maristar210
Upstairs,
From the addict
My 4-year-old says some one is talking to her from the addict????
His friend came down to me and said someone in the addict told him to leave….

Addict is what we are to our boats. Attic is where the voices are coming from and I throw the BS flag.

Seriously, How often does this occur? Are you sure it is not the house settling or cracking due to the heat being on and off. Our minds can play tricks on us especially if we know someone died in the house before you bought it.

Or are you BS ing us?

TMCNo1
Skidog's peacock is AWOL and he may be at your house!

milkmania
01-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Upstairs,
From the attic
My 4-year-old says some one is talking to her from the attic????
His friend came down to me and said someone in the attic told him to leave….

I've seen movies that start out like this.......

Get out now!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Wait for the voices....As soon as you hear something....Fire off a few rounds into the attic and see if they stop...If they don't stop...Move...

My last neighbor had some "real" ghost stories that would make a believer out of someone... Needless to say that was my "last" neighbor...:o

And as Maristar mentioned, I first thought BS too...

Can you record...?

Sodar
01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Pretty wierd! I have seen stuff on TV about this happening. Always thought it was a made for TV thing and never thought it happened to normal people!!! Good luck with figuring it out...

JimN
01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Are there any big Ham Radio antennas nearby? You could be picking up the signal through the house's wiring if the persons setup is really powerful, especially if there are speakers installed in a lot of rooms.

01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I've seen movies that start out like this.......

Get out now!
No no Milk, this is a family website, you cant talk about those movies here. 8p Remember, that ghost could have gotten a drink from the fountain outside, he didnt need to go into the house. :D

01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Are there any big Ham Radio antennas nearby? You could be picking up the signal through the house's wiring if the persons setup is really powerful, especially if there are speakers installed in a lot of rooms.
Dammit Jim, why did you have to come here and ruin our fun with logic?;) 8p We were having so much fun beliveing this! and you come in and throw logic into it. we were just about to call the Ghostbusters!

milkmania
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I've got a buddy that's got a friend that only comes out at night....

wakes up in the middle of the night to the radio playing Patsy Cline music!

full volume

I told him to unplug it...
He said he does and it don't matter!:eek3:

01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I've got a buddy that's got a friend that only comes out at night....

wakes up in the middle of the night to the radio playing Patsy Cline music!

full volume

I told him to unplug it...
He said he does and it don't matter!:eek3:
Well then tell him to take the batteries out!:cool:

Patsy Cline music hey? now that IS a nightmare! worst ghost story I have ever heard!:o

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Addict is what we are to our boats. Attic is where the voices are coming from and I throw the BS flag.

Seriously, How often does this occur? Are you sure it is not the house settling or cracking due to the heat being on and off. Our minds can play tricks on us especially if we know someone died in the house before you bought it.

Or are you BS ing us?

No no no

If I were “Bs ing” you I would go BIG and get about 10/15 TT people in on it
If you know where I am coming from…….
This is true…. I also think Ghost are BS,

I don’t think my son put him up to it, because Joey is a very shy boy
He came down to tell me this by himself, if Chris put him up to it
it would have been both of them

milkmania
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Well then tell him to take the batteries out!:cool:

Patsy Cline music hey? now that IS a nightmare! worst ghost story I have ever heard!:o

I fall to pieces

Jwhitsett1129
01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I used to housesit a house that was haunted. Really strange things would happen. I heard people walking, voices, and music. I had friends over and they heard everything too. In fact one morning (I was asleep downstairs and my friend was asleep upstairs) I heard someone walking around the hardwood floors in dress shoes. I came out to see who it was and met my friend at the bottom of the stairs wondering the same thing.

I figured that this could be attributed to settling, temperature changes, etc., but one thing couldn't. The pictures and artwork on the walls would end up crooked every morning. I would straighten them each night before I went to sleep and they would be crooked again in the morning. That freaked me out. After I while I just came to accept that I wasn't alone there. Whatever was in the house didn't seem to have any interest in doing any harm, so I just dealt with the startles and fear.

I checked public records on the house and it was built in the late 70's...in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city...made me wonder if something had happened on the property and the house had to be rebuilt.

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Recording is a good idea:rolleyes:

And the ham radio is something I have not thought of; we do live on a hill

Maristar210
01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Alright now this thread is getting downright creepy....:o

M-Funf
01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
did the guy who lived there die of natural causes? If so, there's no reason for him to stay, and he'd probably already be gone...

If he was killed in the house, he's probably got unfinished business. Once that's done, he'll go away.

We had at least one person die in our old house. We don't know if he's hangin' out or not, but we never hear him or anything...sometimes the cats freak out:rolleyes:

Ric
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
you are freakin me out man!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Alright now this thread is getting downright creepy....:o
Two things come to mind...
Why would you buy a house someone died in..?:cool:
Why would you buy a house in California...:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Two things come to mind...
Why would you buy a house someone died in..?:cool:
Why would you buy a house in California...:rolleyes:

.................. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) .......................

ski_king
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Spooky situation.....

Maybe it is attracted to your avator?

maristarman
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I'll make this quick.

I believe in a heaven and a hell and believe that spiritual warfare is a real thing and that there are spirits.

I'd be moving if I were you.

Maristar210
01-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Spooky situation.....

Maybe it is attracted to your avator?

Good Point. Maybe your drawing them in?

Ham Radio might explain the noise, but the foot steps?

and answer the question about natural causes or not from Mfunf

????

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
He was 55 and died of a hart attack

At the time I thought who cares if some died in the house
people die everyday they need to die somewhere :confused:

Maristar210
01-09-2007, 12:05 PM
He was 55 and died of a hart attack

At the time I thought who cares if some died in the house
people die everyday they need to die somewhere :confused:

For Sale...

Davo
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
LMAO at this one....we got "get out ASAP"; "fire a few rounds in the attic"; or possibly HAM radio noise coming from the wiring in the house...? My neighbor (about 100 yards away) has a big ol' HAM radio tower that he can probably talk to China with (seriously) and I've never heard of such a thing, but I'm going to ask him tonight if I catch him walking his dog.

Good luck, Rex. I'm on the fence when it comes to believing in "ghosts". Years back, I had just layed down to go to sleep upstairs at my grandmother's house soon after my grandfather had passed away and thought I saw a shadow moving accross the room. I woke up my brother who was in the bed next to mine and he thought he saw it too. I layed there trying to rationalize what had happened and how it could have been a car driving by or this or that and, ulitmately, I couldn't. The next morning when I woke up, the first thing I did was ask my brother if he remembered what had happened and he did...just as I did.

However, like with most things, I'm skeptical. Mainly because, like others have eluded to, I feel there is a lot we don't understand about the human brain. It's extremely complex and, for one, we know that we can halucinate. The brain has capabilities that we don't fully understand, period.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Steve..I got it...Well, we have all seen the pictures...And how well he takes notes on all of us. My guess is it's Ric trying to get into your garage and telling you ALL to get out.....:D

01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
The brain has capabilities that we don't fully understand, period.
Oh yea? well how do you explain Hoosier Bob then?:confused: :D :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
[ "fire a few rounds in the attic";.
He knows "me", and knows it was purely sarcastic, but thanks for noticing...;)

Davo
01-09-2007, 12:14 PM
He knows "me", and knows it was purely sarcastic, but thanks for noticing...;)
I know dude, I thought it was hilarious. I heard this also works for getting a rat out of your boat. :D

M-Funf
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
and answer the question about natural causes or not from Mfunf????

I'm not a big believer in feng shui, but a while back our neighbor put some mirrors above the outside doors that face our house. My wife called a friend of hers who is a feng shui "master" (studied in asia for years...). She came over and did a walkthrough of the house. Told us that the mirrors shoot poison darts or somethin' like that. She told us to put a convex mirror high up on the outside wall facing back at those mirrors. That will reflect the negative energy, blah blah...and because it's conVEX, the negative energy won't go back to the neighbor, but get scattered away from everyone...blah blah

The interesting thing was when she came inside the house. She asked if we'd ever felt a "presence". Then she asked if the "presence" was pleased with all the work we'd been doing on the house. I said if they didn't, they could get the hell out 8p . Actually, we said that we've never felt any negative feelings inside the house.

Long story longer....she said that sometimes a "ghost" or "presence" is unhappy with the changes you've made to a house, and those manifestations are their only way of telling you that they're unhappy.

So, Rex, have you done lots of remodeling on the house? Could you possibly have changed something that this guy did to the house? And if you did change it, did all this "stuff" start happening after you made the change??? :confused:

mitch
01-09-2007, 12:31 PM
If it continues to happen, I'd move!

RexDog1
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not a big believer in feng shui, but a while back our neighbor put some mirrors above the outside doors that face our house. My wife called a friend of hers who is a feng shui "master" (studied in asia for years...). She came over and did a walkthrough of the house. Told us that the mirrors shoot poison darts or somethin' like that. She told us to put a convex mirror high up on the outside wall facing back at those mirrors. That will reflect the negative energy, blah blah...and because it's conVEX, the negative energy won't go back to the neighbor, but get scattered away from everyone...blah blah

The interesting thing was when she came inside the house. She asked if we'd ever felt a "presence". Then she asked if the "presence" was pleased with all the work we'd been doing on the house. I said if they didn't, they could get the hell out 8p . Actually, we said that we've never felt any negative feelings inside the house.

Long story longer....she said that sometimes a "ghost" or "presence" is unhappy with the changes you've made to a house, and those manifestations are their only way of telling you that they're unhappy.

So, Rex, have you done lots of remodeling on the house? Could you possibly have changed something that this guy did to the house? And if you did change it, did all this "stuff" start happening after you made the change??? :confused:

That is funny my wife just wonted to put a mirror on the ceiling over the bed????

TMCNo1
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
That is funny my wife just wonted to put a mirror on the ceiling over the bed????

Don't do it! We just moved ours from over the bed to over the kitchen table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Oooo! I am getting to love this thread!!! Keep the ghost stories coming!! Harold, dont get all Kinky on us! I dont want to know what you do on your kitchen table!

Ric
01-09-2007, 01:02 PM
DIE THREAD DIE

River Rat
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Find out what his name was/is and go in the attic and talk to him! Maybe bring him a warm Toddy, he may be thirsty after all these years!:rolleyes:

mitch
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
DIE THREAD DIE

look away.....there's gotta be more stories! Not like most of us are skiing right now....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
look away.....there's gotta be more stories! Not like most of us are skiing right now....
She always overreacts... :rolleyes:

Monte
01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey, Jennifer Love Hewett should be showing up at your front door any minute. That'd be a bonus in my book!
I could be easily convinced that there's a little old lady ghost in our old house. She never bothered anyone and was almost comforting. Not really a believer in such, but sometimes you get a feeling. After seeing things like shadows moving, random footsteps, and cold spots at certain places you tend to convince yourself. I could have been dreaming or eyes playng tricks, but I woke up one night with a figure standing at the end of the bed, but again it was more comforting than anything else. Never had to deal with a hostile feeling of such..

Maristar210
01-09-2007, 02:24 PM

She's sensitive too you know? WFT?

Don't hurt Rachel's feelings....

X2M
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM

terminal pms?? :rolleyes:

Ric
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
She's sensitive too you know? WFT?

Don't hurt Rachel's feelings.... True because rachel will stompyoass

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 02:38 PM
terminal pms?? :rolleyes:
EASY THERE NAUTIQUE......8p :rolleyes:

X2M
01-09-2007, 02:42 PM
EASY THERE NAUTIQUE......8p :rolleyes:

...my bad ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 02:44 PM
...my bad ;)
You and Betsy have been at the top of your "game" here lately...Must be the nice weather....:purplaugh Thanks for the laugh...

Jwhitsett1129
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM
The only option I see is to sell the MC, invest in a proton pack, and try not to get slimed. :D

http://xenafan.com/movies/ghostbusters/ray.jpg

roddydog
01-09-2007, 03:58 PM
A couple of friends of mine would wake up to find paper from their desk all over the floor, things would be moved when no one moved them.

I was over there one night, we were in the living room, and I heard a double 'thump' on the ceiling (from the 2nd floor bdrm). It kind of sounded like a cat jumping off a bed.
I looked around and saw both of their cats sitting with us in the living room.
I looked at them and my buddies wife said "We have a ghost".
Their daughter (quite young at the time) who did not know about any "GHOST", started to refuse to sleep in that room, which was hers at the time.
I was helping him reno his bsmt. and we found, written on one of the joists, Dave died on (whatever date, I don't remember).
It was very creepy but they let "Dave" know that they meant no harm by renovating, they just wanted to make the bsmt. more comfortable.
That "Presense" is still there but not as P-O'd.

I think that kids are really aware of energy like that, as are animals (My friends cats NEVER went in that room).

Heart attacks are often sudden and there is almost always unfinished business.
As airy-fairy as it may sound, let him (it?) know that you are OK, mean no harm and will allow him to do what he needs to do, just leave you in peace.

Ryan
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
While staying in my grandma's basement when I was 13 I am pretty sure saw a bearded man in a flannel shirt standing at the end of my bed. Funny how time can dilute a seemingly real experience.

However, I cannot dispute the number of times I heard pool balls rolling around on the pool table in the middle of the night. The best non-ghost explanation is that mice were up on the table either playing 8-ball or it was mating season and the rockin' got the balls rollin'. Problem is, my brothers have both heard that on other occasions. As well as a toy truck rolling completely accross the lanolium floor.

I have a couple other stories, but I will spare you. Try this, if you see your ghost, ask them if you can shake their hand. You'll be able to figure out the rest from there.

kycat2007
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I would suggest contacting the guys from Ghost Hunters. They could do an investigation to see if they find what is happening. They have local investigators that love checking stuff like this out. They USE EMP for voice and temp sensors for readings. They set up cameras in the house and will give you a report.

You can check with your priest as well. You might have the house blessed. I would probably leave the kids out of this if you do so. Just some ideas.

Datdude
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

These guys might be able to help

SKI*MC
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
i TOTALLY believe in ghosts. A few weeks ago, me and a couple friends read about this haunted lpace outside of Milwaukee (Hails Corners), it wasn't that far so we ended up driving out there, hopped a few fences and wandered around for about an hour. After everyone got sick of not seeing anything, a few friends went back to the car ahead of us. Me and 3 other friends stayed behind and walked slowly through the place one last time. Thats when the SH!T hit the fan. My friend was walking a few steps ahead of me and he stopped dead in his tracks and started to back up, i looked around him to see what was going on and i saw this white figure crossing the path infront of us! We both freak out, and got a few curse words out of our system. My friend and i comfirm the seeing the SAME exact thing! After a minute or 2 we start walking to the car again, and we go around the corner on the trail and see a dark shaddow figure pass through the light shining on us. Needless to say, i left behind an awful stench right there. I know what i saw was real. None of us were under the influence of anything, (we wouldn't be anyway) we were all COMPLETELY sober. It was one the freakiest times of my life!

Ric
01-09-2007, 08:29 PM
DIE THREAD DIE can you hear the voices saying it?

roddydog
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Puh-lease RIC!!!!

Don't come back KO?

Slinkyredfoot
01-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Whoo, I totally believe in ghosts too. RD waht is the history of the house? Who lived there, was there a story to be told?

We lived in an old farm house years ago that was haunted, expierenced numerous things living in this house that were specter like. Had an old barn that I was literally run out of one night by an unfriendly spirit. In fact the people we sold it to swore to the same type of things...eerie and weird then we realized we were living in the "Twlight Zone"

fskof
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
hey Ski*MC
Are you talking about the ghost of the old lady that walks around whitnal Park?

PendO
01-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey ric, is this the thread where we talk about crop circles and UFO's?

I would not live anywhere where I actually thought a place was haunted ...

east tx skier
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Man, I would wait to read this thread until right before I try to get some sleep.

Reminds me of Eddie Murphy's standup about Poltergeist.

"Man, this place is great. Nice neighborhood, great street, big house--"

"GET OUT!"

"Shame we can't stay baby."

Meanwhile, people like me are trying to talk to them and throwing tennis balls into the vortex.

victorff
01-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Have you seen the movie "The Others." Are you sure you are alive!!!!!

east tx skier
01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Remember this funny guy?

http://sistapaua.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/clown_poltergeist.jpg

Leroy
01-09-2007, 11:37 PM
This is some scary stuff on here! Good thing they do not haunt boats, stay in your boat!

shepherd
01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum! Redrum!

Ric
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't like this at all

Ric
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Puh-lease RIC!!!!

Don't come back KO? Now the canadians are un-inviting me

roddydog
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Now the canadians are un-inviting me
Don't be sad, we still like you.;)

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Harold, dont get all Kinky on us! I dont want to know what you do on your kitchen table!

We aren't like you young kids, we would rather eat than Git-R-Done, so we moved the mirror. Besides, we found out you can't see yourself in mirror in the dark. Plus, it's a different meal every night! It's really a pain when we go out to eat, cause restaurants don't like me drilling holes in the ceiling!

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=PendO]Hey ric, is this the thread where we talk about crop circles and UFO's?
QUOTE]

Has anyone noticed, since we now have camera phones, digital cameras and camcorders, UFO sightings have dropped off dramatically along with mobile home sales?

Ric
01-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and could SWEAR I saw an etherial figure. I think I saw a likeness of that same figure holding a trophy in a Team Mastercraft brochure but I am not positive.

I slammed my eyes shut as it scared the helloutta me.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey ric, is this the thread where we talk about crop circles and UFO's?

Has anyone noticed, since we now have camera phones, digital cameras and camcorders, UFO sightings have dropped off dramatically along with mobile home sales?
Did you guys see this...?:noface:
Chicago UFO JANUARY 2007 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column)

You guys brought it up..:o

JimN
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
"Lloyd, old boy, I always said you were the best!"

"Heeeeere's JOHNNY!"

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and could SWEAR I saw an etherial figure. I think I saw a likeness of that same figure holding a trophy in a Team Mastercraft brochure but I am not positive.

I slammed my eyes shut as it scared the helloutta me.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, was the etherial retard holding a ski I won?

Ric
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
could have been, hmmmmmmm I hope he does not come back. It was dang scary

Ric
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe it was the ghost of reunions future, I dont know but it was scary?

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Maybe it was the ghost of reunions future, I dont know but it was scary?
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

PendO
01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Did you guys see this...?:noface:
Chicago UFO JANUARY 2007 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column)

You guys brought it up..:o

pass the pipe, I just saw a UFO man:)

tex
01-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I blame the ghost of Gene!

SKI*MC
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
hey Ski*MC
Are you talking about the ghost of the old lady that walks around whitnal Park?

Is that the Park in Hails Corners? It has a lot of scenery there, trees, old tine sheds that look like small shacks...? its right off 100th i think..

fskof
01-10-2007, 10:57 PM
yes thats the place. The park off hwy 100. What did you see? A friend of mine back in highschool went in there with some friends with a case of beer well they said that they walked into the woods and saw a ghost of an old lady that crossed there path. I didnt believe them back then but now I have heard stories from other people.

captain planet
01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Reminds me of Eddie Murphy's standup about Poltergeist.

"Man, this place is great. Nice neighborhood, great street, big house--"

"GET OUT!"

"Shame we can't stay baby."

LOL Eastie, I was going to post this very thing till I read this whole thread and saw you put it up here. Very Funny!

I don't believe in ghosts but my imagination is very active. My parents house which they sold about 3 or 4 years ago had two people die in it in the same room which belonged to my brother. My Grandmother died in that room in 2001.

Back in 1960 or 61, my Father became friends with an old man, Dave Brown, that he met at Meyers Lake Amusement Park in Canton. This guy had no family and my family basically was his family. On Christmas Eve in 1972 or 73 we went to Church (I was just a baby) and Dave wasn't feeling well, so he stayed behind. When we came back to the house there was an ambulance in the driveway. Dave had passed away while we were gone. Now, my parents owned that house for like 40+ years. I just wonder if the people that own the house now have Dave paying them visits now and again.

Boring story compared to some on here, but just something I have thought about from time to time.

Davo
01-11-2007, 09:32 AM
pass the pipe, I just saw a UFO man:)

LOL...maybe if it was a bunch of college students...or surfers....or wakeboarders (pick your stereotype ;) )who saw this "thing" in the sky, but this was nearly a dozen people at an airport who look at aircraft all day long. That makes it somewhat interesting if you ask me.

tommcat
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
me personally? i would have left the very first time i heard anything like that. ghosts suck

Hoosier Bob
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Rex,

My advice is to come clean. I once had a similar situation and I must admit it nearly killed me. I too was sneaking neighborhood women into my attic after the rest of the family was asleep. Heck the kitchen, garage and tool shed were also haunted for that matter!8p My point is enough is enough! Buy a van, a conversion perversion van! Let your family get some sleep. I guess you could just quite this Tom Foolery but then WHY WOULD YOU?

BriEOD
01-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Are you sure it is not an alien in your attic?

André
01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Rex,

My advice is to come clean. I once had a similar situation and I must admit it nearly killed me. I too was sneaking neighborhood women into my attic after the rest of the family was asleep. Heck the kitchen, garage and tool shed were also haunted for that matter!8p My point is enough is enough! Buy a van, a conversion perversion van! Let your family get some sleep. I guess you could just quite this Tom Foolery but then WHY WOULD YOU?
Oh! THAT kind of ghost!
Been visited for the last year too...:o

TMCNo1
01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I belieeeeeeeeeeeeve, a ghost is a Pygmy of my Imaginarynation!

BriEOD
01-11-2007, 09:50 PM
In all seriousness, if I really thought their was a ghost in my house I would move.

BTW, did the previous owners disclose in the homeowners disclosure their was ghost in the attic? You might have some legal recourse. LOL!

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Well a girl friend came over yesterday to play with Paige and Chris (my kids) they were playing upstairs
And it was time to go watch barnyard, so they all were cleaning up Paige’s room her dad and I were
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) Downstairs talking and Chris came downstairs he looked White and in a crack in his voice he said
Taylor The Friend said she sees a doll head on the floor” when Paige’s room is clean
So off we go upstairs, Taylor is in the corner of Paige’s room looking scared (and Taylor is never that way)
And I ask, “What is going on”? Now Chris did not come up with us, Taylor was just looking at the floor
Not saying a word…. now you need to know her she is not an actor (you know a kid you can see right through) then her Dad ask, “Taylor what is going on”? She was almost crying and said When Paige’s room is clean I saw a doll head in the corner… very scared we ask “do you see it now”?
She said “no not now”………and ask her dad if they could go home now? And they were going to watch Barnyard ???? I am 100% that these kids are telling us the truth they in no way could act that good ??
Without smiley or something? And with Chris voice crack head down looking white no way…????

sanjuan23
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Time to move......

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Run Rex, Run, there be them ghosteses again!:D :rolleyes: :confused:
Put some trailer hitches on the hot rods and get some U-Hauls and come to NC, just crazy people here!

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Run Rex, Run, there be them ghosteses again!:D :rolleyes:
Put some trailer hitches on the hot rods and get some U-Hauls and come to NC, just crazy people here!

I am trying to…………NC it the state we are going to…….work is getting in the way, I need to be here
For a big job we just got, it will take me at lest 15/25 weeks Chit……

And the Hot Rod thing just got bigger…………:rolleyes:

WFT is going to HATE this one………
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_15_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
I am trying to…………NC it the state we are going to…….work is getting in the way, I need to be here
For a big job we just got, it will take me at lest 15/25 weeks Chit……

And the Hot Rod thing just got bigger…………:rolleyes:

WFT is going to HATE this one………
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_15_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Street Rodding is huge here too. I work for about 4 shops in this immediate area that builds cars, then there are your privateers.
Here is one, http://www.retroridesbyrich.com/gallery.html

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Street Rodding is huge here too. I work for about 4 shops in this immediate area that builds cars, then there are your privateers.
Here is one, http://www.retroridesbyrich.com/gallery.html

Cool link…. thank you

I saw on TV a car show you have at the speedway it looked BIG !!!!!!!:cool:

Jkelly
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
YEP!!!! I would load up the Family, boat, and toys and move.

Maristar210
02-13-2007, 12:17 PM
You may not be moving to NC but you sure will be moving out of that house.

I would....

Workin' 4 Toys
02-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey, if you need a place to store the orange one, I've got room while you figure out what to do....Even if it takes a few years...:D
The VW you can leave8p but I can possibly find room for the chivy...

I promise to keep fresh fuel flowing through them....:D

RexDog1
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
WOW!!!!!! Thanks I will send the 69 out today to you!!!!!! :D LOL

I think I have it all worked out, but thank you my friend, you are first on the list, the new one will get here on Saturday
It all came together this past weekend!!! hunnnn that might be a hint ????:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Cool link…. thank you

I saw on TV a car show you have at the speedway it looked BIG !!!!!!!:cool:

Lowes Motor Speedway (Charlotte) has 2 events a year that fills the infield and outside. Good Guys, auction, swapmeet, cruising 3 days each event.

SKI*MC
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM
yes thats the place. The park off hwy 100. What did you see? A friend of mine back in highschool went in there with some friends with a case of beer well they said that they walked into the woods and saw a ghost of an old lady that crossed there path. I didnt believe them back then but now I have heard stories from other people.

Thats what happened to us, we saw a white figure infront of us, crossing the path. And no case of beer! haha