PDA

View Full Version : Man Room

T Scott
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I am purchasing a new home next month and am trying to get some ideas for a "Man Room". The room is 15 x 25 and am interested in having a big screen tv, couch, pool table, bar, dart board, etc. I am sure some of you out there already have some really cool hangouts in your house. I'd love to get some ideas, so post a pic.

Thanks!

Mikey
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
One idea that I have seen for a bar type of room is put a couple of smaller TV's in the upper corners of the room . That way you can put on more than one game at a time and everyone at the bar will be able to comfortably watch the TV without having to strain their necks. I guess it would also depend on the shape of the bar too. It works really well for a horseshoe shaped bar. Just a thought.

rodltg2
01-08-2007, 06:48 PM
i just finished my man room! it was a famliy room/ tv room.

heres a list of what i did.

tossed the wrap around couch
ripped out the carpet , put it pergo floors
put in a small bar
kegerator
dart board
foosball table
air hockey/ping pong table
tossed the old style tv and replaced with a 42" plasma
put in some dj lights and black lights
put in a light up neon bud light sign
and topped it all of with an authentic $1 slot machine from cal neva

no pics yet but i will post some later.

im also going to add a second tv like mikey sugested in the corner.

shepherd
01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Mine has a 51" TV, surround sound, lounge chairs, couch, and giant "beanbag" chair. The walls are painted dark blue and there are blackout curtains over the window. The place is pitch black in the middle of the day with the curtains closed and the lights off. I guess it's more a "theater room" than a "man room." There's a kitchen in the next room with fridge full of beer and other beverages.

T Scott
01-08-2007, 06:54 PM

put in a small bar
kegerator
dart board
foosball table

Just what I had inmind....I'd love to see a pic.

jrhollow
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM

put in a small bar
kegerator
dart board
foosball table

The only thing you are missing is a pole in the corner.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
The only thing you are missing is a pole in the corner.
......and the girls to go along with it.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Footin
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
A urinal in the corner.

T Scott
01-08-2007, 09:21 PM
A urinal in the corner.

I don't care who you are.....that's funny!!

mitch
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I am purchasing a new home next month and am trying to get some ideas for a "Man Room". The room is 15 x 25 and am interested in having a big screen tv, couch, pool table, bar, dart board, etc. I am sure some of you out there already have some really cool hangouts in your house. I'd love to get some ideas, so post a pic.

Thanks!

My gameoom is 16X26 and I wish I had more room. I have an 8' pool table, and use a pong top, foosball, darts, small fridge, 8' leather couch and a bar table w/ 2 high chair (pool table style) in the corner. Have a 27" wall swivel TV soon to be 43-50" , and a treadmill. Think about lighting for the dart board. And as much as I wanted a tru pool table light hanging over the table (they look so cool), it'll screw up pong, so I went w/ ceiling fan/light. Not into pong go with the pimp lite for sure. I looked around for a nice backing for the dartboard, vs. the open door type. Had one, just did not like it. Pic attached.
game room annex (12x14) attaches to the gameroom w/ 6' french doors--> 7 foot air hockey table, bar, 20" TV wall swivel, PS3! Yes, my wife is very very cool! If you;re an NFL fan, think about adding some fatheads. Good luck and post some pics!

mitch
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
buddy made me this.

rodltg2
01-08-2007, 10:16 PM
here is my man room..

rodltg2
01-08-2007, 10:16 PM
more-----------------------

rodltg2
01-08-2007, 10:17 PM
last one-------------------------------

Mikey
01-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Not a thing wrong with that room! Nice work rod!

east tx skier
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
pinball and a kegerator.

Buddy of mine has a great one. He has a pingpong table, kegerator, pinball, darts, two tvs, multigame video game console, and a pop-a-shot that folds down to the landing of the stairwell (great use of space on that one).

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
A urinal in the corner.
I don't know if you are kidding, but this would be IT!!;)

The selection of "pictures" for the walls....

And the stereo system...I have no recommendations personally..I would suggest you ask Steveo or JimN what THEY would do.....;)

Willski
01-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Be sure if you have a pool table that you have enough room around it. I am in the process of finishing my basement now, and the pool table and the "cue zone" has been on the plans from the beginning. It seems like everybody I know with a pool table has at least one corner where you have to get a short stick out! There are some web sites that show different table sizes and cue lengths to determine the space needed.

School Skier
01-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Make sure you have ventilation for cigar smoke! A mans room just isn't right without good ventilation for smoke from cigars. Also A wine storage area to store those Merlot's and Cabs.

dpolen
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM

Thanks!

I've got an entire room that is a putting green like what you'd see in a sporting goods store or golf shop. TV's in the corners to watch the golf tourney...helps to pass the time in the winters. Wife says its about to go in order to make room for my daughter's toys.

ski_king
01-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I can't find the photo now, but I plan to build a wooden ski rack to mount my old classics on the wall.

Edit: Here it is.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=8540&stc=1&d=1143902912

jlf
01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Be sure if you have a pool table that you have enough room around it. I am in the process of finishing my basement now, and the pool table and the "cue zone" has been on the plans from the beginning. It seems like everybody I know with a pool table has at least one corner where you have to get a short stick out! There are some web sites that show different table sizes and cue lengths to determine the space needed.
This is so true we just finished up the room for my husband's room (I just can't call it a man room I spend as much time there as he does) and when we built our house we made sure there would be a room with no bad shots and we succeeded too. Our 8' table has no bad shots, not even on any of the rails. We have pretty much what everyone else has done. Pooltable, bar to come (room is still a work in progress), surround sound, darts, big screen, PS2. The husband really wants a nice poker table for his room. No ping-pong or fooze ball here.

Mikey
01-09-2007, 11:21 AM
No ping-pong or fooze ball here.

WHAT, No foose ball table:confused: :eek: Every drinkin man/woman's room needs one of those. For me
thats the only game that the drunker I get the better I get.:D

BTW your sig has me ROTFLMAO!

M-Funf
01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
pinball and a kegerator.

Somebody say Pinball???:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p85e5c643e33ee9e513828bd87524e0fe/ec73bf13.jpg

Unfortunately, it's in the garage right now. I'm still working on the basement remodel, which needs new exterior doors, walls, tile, and paint. Once that's done, the pinball machine, dart board, and bar will be put in the basement just outside the wine cellar door. It's not a very big space (maybe 14' X 10'), but it's enough...

T Scott
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I've got an entire room that is a putting green like what you'd see in a sporting goods store or golf shop. TV's in the corners to watch the golf tourney...helps to pass the time in the winters. Wife says its about to go in order to make room for my daughter's toys.

Please post a pic......I'd love to see that!

JohnnyB
01-13-2007, 01:12 PM
In lieu of a bar, a buddy of mine has a kitchenette against one wall and then an island in front of it. The island has overhangs on all sides so that 10 people can sit around it. He has small plasma TVs (27") high on the walls in three different corners and a 42" main plasma. The small plasmas are great for viewing multiple games.

Tile in the "bar area" and carpet in the game area...dart-board, pool table in that area. Small nook with two small couches, coffee table (That's where the 42" is located, adjacent to and in view of the bar room). Walls are a mix of plaster on some and tongue and groove pine on others.

Vent fan for smoke elimination is an interesting idea....

tex
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Mine-Great Pool table that changes into beer pong table. Bar with TV. CD player that has speakers in the ceiling. Dart board. Lots of pictures of the good ol days. Mini Fridge Huge leather pit group and a very nice billiards chair. One old Connelly Hook ski and my Broken Ski Award. Just the basics-Wish list-Shuffleboard table and Kegarator.:cool:

dpolen
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Please post a pic......I'd love to see that! T Scott...
Pics kinda suck, but you get the jist of what I've got...until the toys take over.

Putting green may be for sale in the coming month....:(

T Scott
01-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Love It.......your wife must be really cool !!! Glad to see that you enjoy your sport year round!

OhioProstar
01-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Looking for things to hang on the wall...love the ski rack Ski King. Still cruising eBay for old inboard ads, beer signs, etc...