PDA

View Full Version : Hartford, CT Area Clubs?

VTJC
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I will be relocating to the Hartford area, from northern VT, this spring. My wife family lives on Columbia Lake, but they only allow 150hp. So I am looking for a slalom club to join. I have heard of a club in Canton and a show ski club. Strangely www.usawaterski.org no longer lists any clubs in CT, or even my current VT club www.greenmountainwaterskiers.com.

I am also looking for a V6 Moomba Boomerang or an older MC that needs a motor, so I can build an affordable inboard with 150hp for the lake.

Jamie

Flatwaterfooter
01-06-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.geocities.com/clwst/main.html

Here is a link to a club in coventry. Pending on where you plan on living there is a club in the springfield,Ma area called Oxbo Marine ski club i believe.

VTJC
01-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the reply; I have also heard about Canton Club and the Avon Ski Club. Jamie

Flatwaterfooter
01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Sent you a PM not sure if you got it. There is a private course in Hebron also

pflcjl
01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
The Old Farms Skiers club in Avon, CT has arguably one of the best private 3 event sites in the country. They sell memberships and often have a waiting list. It is located just west of Hartford (about 15 mins). If you need more information PM me and I will give you contact information.

If your looking for a large active waterski lake - Bantam Lake is about 35 miles west of Hartford in very nice Litchfield County CT. Bantam Lake has a slalom course, a new Beeman's Jump and a large Water Ski club with a waterfront, slips for rent and a clubhouse. You have to get up early on weekends for good slalom or barefoot water as the lake gets active later in the day. Weekdays are pretty quiet though.

VTJC
01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Flatwaterfooter & pflcjl, I just send you both PM's. Thanks, Jamie