PDA

View Full Version : Is there Gay MasterCraft Owners out there ?

David4MCSammyDuvall
01-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm a gay man who own a 1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190 Sammy Duvall Series. I live at Norris Lake in Snellville, Georgia. I have met some gay and lesbian people who owns a MasterCraft. Just wondering if there's more gay men & lesbian women out there ? :cool:

quincyfirefighter
01-05-2007, 09:08 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2007, 09:19 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

MMMMMMMMMMMM

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
I never thought to ask? :o

trickskier
01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I never thought to ask? :o
I agree, Why would you ask???:eek3: But just for the record, NO I AM NOT GAY.......ASK #1 HE KNOWS ME.......

X-2
01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
This can't possibly be for real......
Thankfully Georgia is a looong way from here.

victorff
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
As Seinfeld and friends would say " Not that there's anything wrong with that." I have a feeling this thread wont go very far.

trickskier
01-05-2007, 10:05 PM
As Seinfeld and friends would say " Not that there's anything wrong with that." I have a feeling this thread wont go very far.
So why are we responding????:huh:

rodltg2
i see the nice ones are at it again.. i dont think this guys is fishing , read his previous posts.

PendO
thank you for editing X-2

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Time for some editing guys!:o No reason to make it personal. The site has a diverse membership maybe not as many participants. We need to clean this one up and that would include quotes as well!

Take care,

HB

Leroy
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
HB for moderator!

Time for some editing guys!:o No reason to make it personal. The site has a diverse membership maybe not as many participants. We need to clean this one up and that would include quotes as well!

Take care,

HB

PendO
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Time for some editing guys!:o WE ALL KNOW REAL MEN RIDE HARLEYS

Take care,

HB

HB - I will edit his quotes when he edits his post, or we can just let Eastie or Beau waste their Friday night editing the thread.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Fair enough Casey! Just want this over! We have had enough bad blood as of late.

By the way no drinkin' here! Not since New Years! Well maybe a couple of beers but not cases!

PS No Harley here but there may be a Phat F6 right up your ***!!

PendO
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
HB for moderator!

unfortunately HB, Mari, and myself are lucky to still have posting priviledges after the HB thread, I doubt any of us would ever be allowed into the moderator club ... right HB:)

X-2
01-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Post edited....what is our country coming to. wow.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I think it has to do with the "ever been convicted of a felony" rule! Convicted is a very loose term!:o unfortunately HB, Mari, and myself are lucky to still have posting priviledges after the HB thread, I doubt any of us would ever be allowed into the moderator club ... right HB:)

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Not the country, just a bunch of people with a common interest including yourself.;) Post edited....what is our country coming to. wow.

Leroy
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Pendo.... the HB thread! 8p

I don't remember any official charges coming out of that!

unfortunately HB, Mari, and myself are lucky to still have posting priviledges after the HB thread, I doubt any of us would ever be allowed into the moderator club ... right HB:)

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Everyone...I have decided to FINALLY come out of the closet.

I am a LESBIAN
I JUST LOVE WOMEN !!!

Anyone else with this evening...can ya help a brother out...are ya with me?

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I said I was never convicted! Fortunately Steve jumped on that grenade!8p Pendo.... the HB thread! 8p

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I hate to say it Jim but we all already knew! Ric told us!:o Everyone...I have decided to FINALLY come out of the closet.

I am a LESBIAN
I JUST LOVE WOMEN !!!

Brent
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Maybe you got the type of cruising that is done with Mastercrafts mixed up with the other kind that is done in other places? It is fun see the reactions though.

PendO
01-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Pendo.... the HB thread! 8p

Yeah, the whole delete the evidence kinda worked in our favor ... your honor, WHAT EVIDENCE, WHAT PROOF ... CASE DISMISSED!

trickskier
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM

I am a LESBIAN
I JUST LOVE WOMEN !!!

Yo Jim, Count me in........ :D

TMCNo1
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
What tha .........................?

Flatwaterfooter
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Didn't see this question coming. Can't answer for others, but I am not

Leroy
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Could not have said it better! Me too Jim! :D

I am a LESBIAN
I JUST LOVE WOMEN !!!

TMCNo1
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I would think this thread needs to be in "MasterCraft in your area" and not in "General Discussion"!

Leroy
01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
I respect you view TMC#1. ;)

I would think this thread needs to be in "MasterCraft in your area" and not in "General Discussion"!

trickskier
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think it needs to be here AT ALL!!!!:shocked:

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I said I never asked. My point was I was only looking for seconds, thirds and fourths. I never thought about once my set was done. Are there any coffee drinkers here? I would like to hook up with some coffee drinkers at 5:00 AM! No Decafs please!8p

TMCNo1
01-06-2007, 12:01 AM

No truer words have ever been spoken!

shepherd
01-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, I know some folks on this board act kind of "queer." I know one guy likes to wear tights and a cape when he skis, but I think he's straight cause I heard he has a girlfriend.

live and let live. good luck dude.

DooSPX
01-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Jim and the Lesbian gang say "I" ......

...."I"......

X2M
01-06-2007, 01:33 AM

Don't think the guy is looking for a date. Sounds like he is just looking for some people to hang out with that have the same interests as him.

Hope you find some MC friends in your area David.

:)

quincyfirefighter
01-06-2007, 02:39 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
That would be a NO on the MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :mad:

PendO
01-06-2007, 02:43 AM
I think from the reaction of some it is pretty clear why someone might ask the question "are there gay mastercraft owners out there?"

Some of us would no doubt welcome anyone to boat with us, some would like to go boating with other familes that have kids (so they can hang out with our kids), some people are single and looking for other people to come along as a 2nd or 3rd, some people are perhaps looking for other boating familes that share simmilar religious faith, etc ... others, it is evident, only want to boat with straight people ...

If you only want to boat with straight people, or yellow people, or purple people ... then you probably want to know before you go boating whether or not they are straight, yellow, or purple ... JUST as someone might want to know if the people they are boating with are gay ... and if you are looking for more purple people to go boating with you might ask the question "are there any purple mastercraft owners out there?"

Now, if the thread originator had asked:

Hey, are there any Harley riding Mastercraft owners out there?

Hey, are there any Chevy/GM drivers who own Mastercrafts out there?

Hey, are there any schoolteacher Mastercraft owners out there?

Hey, are there any military Mastercraft owners out there?

Hey, are there any Supermodel Mastercraft owners out there?

Hey, are there any Pro-Choice Mastercraft owners out there?

Hey, are then any Democrat/Republican Mastercraft owners out there?

(you see where I am going)

Likely, anthing but "gay" would have garnered the mixed responses, well, except for Pro-Choice .... but I digress

If it is okay to have a swimsuit thread where WE basically hold our hand up and say by our very response to the thread, "hey, nice picture, I'm straight and I think that girl is pretty hot" ... then it sure better be okay for a guy/gal to create a thread for others to hold their hand up .... and yeah, if it is okay to have a girls swimsuit thread, then it sure as heck is okay if there was a guys swimsuit thread (but I can only imagine the homophobic crap that the moderators would have to continually deal with).

Me, I'm not a real likeable guy, aside from Airjunky and his wife, I have not had anyone from this site up to our cabin, and the only other mastercraft owners I have met in person and talked to are my neighbors to the right and left of our cabin.

There are a few of you that I would love to invite up, crack open a few cold beers, and go out and mess up the glass, and then BS with around the fire ...it is very likely that the people I would invite up would have similar interests, and I would know that they have similar interests because of their posts on TT.

Sorry to threadjack David, good luck in your quest to find other Gay MasterCraft owners ... so far I have only seen responses by straight individuals, with varying amounts of tolerance.

Casey

dapicatti
01-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Don't think the guy is looking for a date. Sounds like he is just looking for some people to hang out with that have the same interests as him.

Hope you find some MC friends in your area David.

:)
Exactly my thoughts.

quincyfirefighter
01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Here we go again!!!! *** I thought the toolman had returned. ;) If not true sorry Rod, thought you were starting up again. No disrespect, But like everyone that knows me personally I have never been politically correct and never will be. Sorry :rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
01-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Could'nt do it Had to change my posting

BriEOD
01-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I am disappointed in some of the posts I read in this thread. Way to be tolerant of others. Some of you guys need to grow up. So if we have any black owners and they post a similar thread are you going to call him a n*gger?

suedv
01-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I kept waking up last night thinking about this thread. Since I went to bed some people like X2momma and PendO took care of some of my comments for me, so thanks for that.

So here is my question, why can't we just be nice to people?

Some threads and posts on here are cheap and very disrespectful to women. They really make me feel bad when I read them. Things like the recent "Wife School" and SteveO's "New Man Law" from last fall are hurtful to read.

I'm sure the same experience is true for Gay people who read Team Talk. Threads like the Walmart thread and some of the gay bashing posts have to make gay people feel bad too.

It is never a good practice to make oneself feel bigger or better by hurting others. Bully behavior in the end hurts everyone.

David, I hope you find some gay MasterCraft owners out there.

By the way, Is there any camera fanatic MasterCraft Owners out there? :)

BriEOD
01-06-2007, 09:40 AM
It is never a good practice to make oneself feel bigger or better by hurting others. Bully behavior in the end hurts everyone.

Well put Sue.

André
01-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I think from the reaction of some it is pretty clear why someone might ask the question "are there gay mastercraft owners out there?"

Some of us would no doubt welcome anyone to boat with us, some would like to go boating with other familes that have kids (so they can hang out with our kids), some people are single and looking for other people to come along as a 2nd or 3rd, some people are perhaps looking for other boating familes that share simmilar religious faith, etc ... others, it is evident, only want to boat with straight people ...

If you only want to boat with straight people, or yellow people, or purple people ... then you probably want to know before you go boating whether or not they are straight, yellow, or purple ... JUST as someone might want to know if the people they are boating with are gay ... and if you are looking for more purple people to go boating with you might ask the question "are there any purple mastercraft owners out there?"

Likely, anthing but "gay" would have garnered the mixed responses, well, except for Pro-Choice .... but I digress

If it is okay to have a swimsuit thread where WE basically hold our hand up and say by our very response to the thread, "hey, nice picture, I'm straight and I think that girl is pretty hot" ... then it sure better be okay for a guy/gal to create a thread for others to hold their hand up .... and yeah, if it is okay to have a girls swimsuit thread, then it sure as heck is okay if there was a guys swimsuit thread (but I can only imagine the homophobic crap that the moderators would have to continually deal with).

Me, I'm not a real likeable guy, aside from Airjunky and his wife, I have not had anyone from this site up to our cabin, and the only other mastercraft owners I have met in person and talked to are my neighbors to the right and left of our cabin.

There are a few of you that I would love to invite up, crack open a few cold beers, and go out and mess up the glass, and then BS with around the fire ...it is very likely that the people I would invite up would have similar interests, and I would know that they have similar interests because of their posts on TT.

Sorry to threadjack David, good luck in your quest to find other Gay MasterCraft owners ... so far I have only seen responses by straight individuals, with varying amounts of tolerance.

Casey
Very well said Pendo!
You're open minded and intelligent.
Good luck David either if you're looking for ski partners or life partner!
Sometimes homophobia is an instant panic reaction.I'm sure that what's happenned with the first few post in this thread.
With what,5% of the population that are gay,i'm sure there are other gay skiers...Probably some others here out of 4400 members!!!

Hoosier Bob
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Well said Casey and our great northern moderator Andre! The numbers add up to 220! Anyway good luck and take care! Smooth water for "All.":D

How is Canada my friend?

rstitson
01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
For me the question is? Is this site a personal ads site... or is this category a personal ads category. I find this post distasteful as I do the explicit sexual references elsewhere including in some of the pictures. If anything, this post was somewhat less distasteful than some of the hertersexual references that seem to crop up everywhere.

Ric
01-06-2007, 11:33 AM
This thread is so gay

BriEOD
01-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ric,

We sent David your phone # since you have expressed such an interest in this thread. Happy skiing.

milkmania
01-06-2007, 12:59 PM
If anything, this post was somewhat less distasteful than some of the hertersexual references that seem to crop up everywhere.

hey!:rant:
Is that a jab at the swimsuit thread:confused:

:uglyhamme

David4MCSammyDuvall
01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Hello Everyone ! I didn't expect to get such responses like that. Some are positive and some are negative. I have no intention to use this as a personal ad. Gay is not about sex. It's about common interests, just exactly what X2momma and suedv mentioned. I do respect everyone's views as long as they respect mine. Please do not assume that everyone on TeamTalk are heterosexual. Gay and lesbian are everywhere ! Not only in Georgia, but everywhere including in Western Colorado !. Thank you to X2momma, PendO, dapicatti, BriEOD, suedv, and Andre for positive comments. And thank you to others for being honest about their views. I'm not offended at all. It's America where everyone can be themselves.

shepherd
01-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Well said Casey.
So, are there any Supermodel Mastercraft owners out there? :D

stevo137
01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Hello Everyone ! I didn't expect to get such responses like that. Some are positive and some are negative. I have no intention to use this as a personal ad. Gay is not about sex. It's about common interests, just exactly what X2momma and suedv mentioned. I do respect everyone's views as long as they respect mine. Please do not assume that everyone on TeamTalk are heterosexual. Gay and lesbian are everywhere ! Not only in Georgia, but everywhere including in Western Colorado !. Thank you to X2momma, PendO, dapicatti, BriEOD, suedv, and Andre for positive comments. And thank you to others for being honest about their views. I'm not offended at all. It's America where everyone can be themselves.

David, I agree with the positive responses.

I would gladly take a pull behind your MC anytime. (especially since I no longer own one!) ;)

Welcome to the forum and stick around.

I have made many good friends here and spent time with some of them that I will not forget. I don't believe that you will find a better group than this.

Just give it some time, you'll see...

Regards,
stevo

milkmania
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM

David,

Welcome to the board:)

by rule I'm probably pretty homophobic, but I've also learned a long time ago that if someone wants that lifestyle, I'm not the person to criticize it.

as you mention in the post above "I do respect everyone's views as long as they respect mine."

I feel the same way. And that's what I teach my kids.

nuckinfutz
01-06-2007, 02:03 PM
WOW!

My first reaction to this post was a immature answer (most likely a disrespectful one at that). But since I have had time to think about it, and read some other replies I will be a bit more responsible with my answer.

as far as a positive or negative response, I give you this;
Who cares!

Pendo, you offer a great response as to peoples reactions. Asking others if there are any military, Chevy owners, school teachers, Harley riders.... Well those are all socially accepted topics. If we were in a town meeting and someone inquired about those topics, most likely the conversation would be less controversial. Since we are talking about a rather touchy subject to the general public, you should expect such responses. If anyone gets offended, my reaction is this... "Welcome to the internet"!!

nuckinfutz
01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah David, almost forgot, even though you and I dont agree on some issues... Welcome to the board.

We do however agree on one thing so far... Mastercraft makes a great boat!!

trickskier
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
David, I certainly meant no disrespect to you or your choice of life style. To be honest, I was completely shocked and taken off guard by your post. I know several gay men & women and consider them my friends.

How you choose to live your life is completely up to you. All I can say as a fellow MasterCraft owner is, if you need a pull, I would be glad to give you one.

Welcome to the board & happy boating. Hope we can be of assistance. :D

Ric
01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Ric,

We sent David your phone # since you have expressed such an interest in this thread. Happy skiing. not that there's anything wrong with that
I wonder if the Malibu owners site ever has to deal with these sensitive social issues?

Maristar210
01-06-2007, 03:19 PM
David,

Welcome to the board. I think you'll find some of the greatest people you have ever met in here. As for gay, It never crosses my mind because I don't care what ones sexual preference is. It is simply none of my business.

The title of your thread was bold. It obviously took some people off guard and you received some inappropriate responses. If you are this open about your sexuality you have no doubt been through this before.

This group of boat owners are some of the most knowledgeable around they just get a case of cabin fever after a while.

Welcome.

Steve

Ric
01-06-2007, 03:20 PM
pendo sure is getting stroked alot in this thread

Ric
01-06-2007, 03:26 PM
David
No need to welcome you as you've been here for awhile and lived to tell about it. Obviously we are not all homophobes. :D

Now be honest, what made you start this thread? I ask because this thread allofasudden showed up right after the face with a name (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13601) thread which is very gay. coincidence?

suedv
01-06-2007, 03:52 PM
David
No need to welcome you as you've been here for awhile and lived to tell about it. Obviously we are not all homophobes. :D

Now be honest, what made you start this thread? I ask because this thread allofasudden showed up right after the face with a name (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13601) thread which is very gay. coincidence?

Ric,
I see nothing straight or gay about the face with a name thread. It's just nice to see who we're chattin' with. It makes it more personal for those who decide to post a picture. Your comment has me confused. :confused:

TMCNo1
01-06-2007, 04:11 PM
David

Ric, if you don't watch out, I'll fly over and tatto your porch! I always leave a feather as my signature?????????????:D :rolleyes: 8p

TX.X-30 fan
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
[
. All I can say as a fellow MasterCraft owner is, if you need a pull, I would be glad to give you one.

Welcome to the board & happy boating. Hope we can be of assistance. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey now there is a time and place for that kind of stuff. :D :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM

TMC#1 I was thinking (find a pull/give a pull) 8p 8p

TMCNo1
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
TMC#1 I was thinking (find a pull/give a pull) 8p 8p

:rolleyes: ..................................................

beatle78
01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
WEll, after reading this thread I feel inclined to ask....

Hoosier Bob
01-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I asked my Eightball tonight and it said, "IT IS CERTAIN!" It has never been wrong as of yet. I have a lot to learn.:o

Anyone that needs investment advice let me know!

PS I would like to change the above post to read, "HORNY SUPERMODEL MASTERCRAFT OWNERS!"

Hey, isn't Fabio a Supermodel?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
WEll, after reading this thread I feel inclined to ask....

Define "supermodel"

Hoosier Bob
01-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Like I said, isn't Fabio a Supermodel?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Like I said, isn't Fabio a Supermodel?
A quote:8p

Hoosier Bob
01-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't get it? Are you saying I am not a supermodel? You got me there!

TMCNo1
01-07-2007, 08:51 AM
A quote:8p
Hoosier Bob has no photos

Bob has trouble focusing thru the lens of a Coors can!

east tx skier
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Apparently, there has been some editing going on. Thanks for that. For those who spoke up in defense of our being a good and friendly online community, thank you. Sorry I was late to the party.

Ric
01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Ric,
I see nothing straight or gay about the face with a name thread. It's just nice to see who we're chattin' with. It makes it more personal for those who decide to post a picture. Your comment has me confused. :confused:

My humor is commonly misunderstood Sue.

Chief
01-07-2007, 07:45 PM

tuffenuff
01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Ya know, back to the "Swimsuit Thread" comment. I will still NOT open up into a thread with males in Speedo's! But the same can be said about seeing my grandmother in a bikini! Nothing hateful, just not my preference.