PDA

View Full Version : LTR engine

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
anyone know where the best place to get a LTR short block or longblock from?

MYMC
01-05-2007, 07:03 PM
anyone know where the best place to get a LTR short block or longblock from?
Have you tried Jasper Marine engines? We have used them with great success over the last 6 years.

agua4fun
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
If you end up going with the Jasper engine, let me know. I have a good contact that could help with the price (rep)

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-06-2007, 01:25 PM
awsome thanks guys im in between a rock and a hard place...i brough my boat in yesterday to get an alinement and they found the block was cracked...also thanks aqua4fun i will let you know cuz money surely doesn;t grow on trees...it would really help me out

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-06-2007, 01:25 PM
awsome thanks guys im in between a rock and a hard place...i brough my boat in yesterday to get an alinement and they found the block was cracked...also thanks aqua4fun i will let you know cuz money surely doesn;t grow on trees...it would really help me out

JimN
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
If the crack is on the outside, I know someone who has used a die grinder to create a groove along the crack and fill it in with MarineTex. It needs to be drained first and warmed for the stuff to really grab but he said he fixed quite a few that way and they seem to have lasted.

MYMC- what do you think, as long as the crack isn't too long and it's not cracked internally?

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-07-2007, 03:06 AM
thanx for the info...how in the hell do you put pictures up on here...i wanna put pics of the crack up but it says the pic is to big or should i say the size of the file

Leroy
01-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Help in Posting Attachments. Sorry to hear about your engine.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=post+pictures&match=any&titlesonly=0

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-09-2007, 05:12 AM
thanx i guess i just have a reason to pull it apart and give it more power..**** happens so i try to make the best of it