PDA

View Full Version : eBay

BriEOD
01-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I am so angry about this I thought I would share...

I bought an Alpine CD player w/remote off of eBay for $60 to put in the boat. I had a Clarion Marine CD player in it but it went T.ango U.niform. The transaction goes pretty smooth and the player shows up in a inside out cereal box stuffed with newspaper. All the parts and pieces were their though. I hook it up to a battery on my work bench and to an old speaker just to see if it worked. First, the remote does not work; I tried using a new battery. Next, it would not load or unload a CD without playing with it for 5 minutes. This girl/woman said in the add that it "worked perfectly." I come inside send her an email that it does not work and she misrepresented the item and I want my money back. She agrees and I send it back in a real box wrapped in bubble wrap. 7 days after USPS is showing it was signed for she finally responds to one of my emails. She refuses to refund my money and claims I broke it because it worked fine when she sent it. I tried to explain and ended up going through one of the mediators on eBay. She refused to participate. I filed a fraud claim with eBay, called my credit card, etc. It seems that I'm out almost $100 for the item and shipping both ways, plus she has the item and now will not answer the phone or email. I've pretty much written it off but I am furious. If she lived with in a few hours I would go to the address. This is just some dishonest P.O.S and I hate liars. I buy and sell on eBay now and then and have never had a bad experience. But, just becareful because not everyone is honest. :mad:

jsonova99
01-03-2005, 10:38 AM
That makes me mad just hearing it :rant: I've always had good experiences with it, I don't know why people pull that crap.

tex
01-03-2005, 10:39 AM
That Blows! She will get hers!

Mag_Red
01-03-2005, 10:51 AM
So where does she live??? Bound to be some one here in her area.

MarkP
01-03-2005, 11:01 AM
What mag said,:rant: !!!

bradamerry
01-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey, we do have a lawyer on here :confused: . But I can't remember his name. Maybe she is in North Louisiana, sounds like a good beer riding trip for me and the Farmer :steering: !!!

jimmer2880
What mag said,:rant: !!!
Ditto :rant:

BriEOD
5959 W Utopia Rd. #1011
Glendale, AZ 85308

BriEOD
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
I talked to a friend who is a lawyer it didn't work.

MarkP
01-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Do you have a link for the old listing??

bradamerry
01-03-2005, 11:28 AM
5959 W Utopia Rd. #1011
Glendale, AZ 85308
That would be alot of beer :friday:

east tx skier
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Brian, I hate that you got screwed on the deal. Brad, if you and Tim are heading to AZ and need some beer, you can fill up at my place on the way. I'm sure there are a lot of other owners in route that will offer to fill 'er up so that this injustice can be righted.

JimN
01-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Brian- this is an interstate thing- you may want to call the FBI. You can also give her a bad rating, but that's a pat on the butt and telling her to never do it again.

"This is fargin' WAR!!!" "Fargin' bastiches!"

AirJunky
01-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Looks like Glendale is in the Phoenix area. Shouldn't be too tough to get some skiers in Phoenix to pay her a visit. The look on her face would be priceless!

A couple of years ago we had a foil rider friend in CA who sold his old Air Chair on Ebay. The buyer stopped payment on his check after he recieved it. He was located in Texas. So a few of the guys in Texas on the Hydrofoil List payed him a visit. They took him to a nearby cash machine & got the $300 he owed!!

mitch
01-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Brian, That just ***. Just got a bum cell phone off ebay that didn't work. 1st bad transaction for me. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Ron Grover
01-03-2005, 12:55 PM
I do a lot of stuff on ebay also. I even bought my 205 from a guy in Atlanta off of Ebay. Have had good experiences so far. (fingers crossed). I even sell overstocked products from my company on ebay under vertexauctions.

At least post her sellers name so the rest of us don't get burned.

Ron

bradamerry
01-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Brian, I hate that you got screwed on the deal. Brad, if you and Tim are heading to AZ and need some beer, you can fill up at my place on the way. I'm sure there are a lot of other owners in route that will offer to fill 'er up so that this injustice can be righted.

Beer is not what cost so much. We need the other tank filled up on this trip, GAS baby :eek: .

Ski-A-Rees
01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
The only thing I can think to tell you is next time before you buy, Check on how many thing they have bought or sold and see how they went!

east tx skier
01-03-2005, 02:20 PM
We've got a $1.53 for Regular Unleaded at Sam's Club in Tyler.

MarkP
01-03-2005, 02:49 PM
:confused: I See.......We've got a $1.53 for Regular Unleaded at Sam's Club in Tyler.

lakes Rick
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
I belong to a Dodge car website and I hear horror stories everyday on it.. Lots of crooks have found EBAY..

Too far for me Bri Bri, and I got the AK all shined up too!!!!!!

east tx skier
01-03-2005, 03:32 PM
:confused: I See.......

See Brad's post above mine. They want gas. I got gas.

MarkP
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I see it now...

Good price too:toast:

BriEOD
01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
At this point I'm pretty much out of ideas. I could blast her on her feedback but than she could do the same to me. She's just some C U Next Tuesday that has zero integrity. If I really wanted to get midevil on her I could send some EOD guys up to pay her a visit from Luke AFB in Phoenix. Watch your Six!

milkmania
01-03-2005, 09:50 PM
as I type this.....

regular unleaded $1.46 in Poteau Oklahoma!!

^^^^^^^^^^^ pronounced Poto

east tx skier
01-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Brian, if I was in the position to actually practice the law thing, I'd be happy to threaten her legally for you free of charge. But with a boat payment, I need to keep my job. Sorry it didn't work out for you, pal.

BriEOD
01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Do you have a link for the old listing??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5734169847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

BriEOD
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Brian, if I was in the position to actually practice the law thing, I'd be happy to threaten her legally for you free of charge. But with a boat payment, I need to keep my job. Sorry it didn't work out for you, pal.

Thanks Doug, I know you would but no need to trouble yourself over some POS like this. I'd like to think that most people in the world are good and honset. Maybe I'm wrong? :confused:

Farmer Ted
01-03-2005, 11:40 PM
damn dude you got wicked bad Ebay skills, how'd you get the bid in 1 second before the auction ended?

Rock on!

Sorry to hear you got hosed, leave her a bad feedback of course she'll leave you one but everyone will see the forest for the trees!

T

just let us know if you need me and my hard pipe hittin Bossier crew to go mid-evil on her a$$.

I do have a friend that's a rent-a-cop in Phoenix, he might be able to get some jackbooted thugs rustled up.

jimmer2880
01-04-2005, 06:21 AM
What I love is that she's in Phoenix, but on Ebay, item location says Houston.

If you don't give her negative feedback, it might be me who gets shafted next time. I always read feedback before bidding. Her's only has 1 negative & 1 neutral.

gene dobies
01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Call me old-fashioned but I wouldn't have anything to do with ebay. Never bought anything on it and never would for the very same reasons as problems you had. No thanks.

John B
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Call me old-fashioned but I wouldn't have anything to do with ebay. Never bought anything on it and never would for the very same reasons as problems you had. No thanks.

Gene your old-fashioned.
I bay on eBay all the time and I have not been ripped off yet.
My Jeep came from eBay ,my MasterCraft came from eBay.
My waters and snow skis, wetsuit,drysuit, tools, cd player, three years of water ski mag for $9.95.and much much more. I think eBay is one of best thing that has happen to the internet. :D

MarkP
01-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Iíve been looking for an electric winch on the bay for a few months now.. Been worried a little about buying a broken winch. Iím sure Iíll buy one off of ebay sooner or later because Iím too cheap not to:o

east tx skier
01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I've had one negative experience on ebay, and I continue to do a lot of buying and selling there in spite of it. I create a paper trail for every transaction and have had to get tough with a couple of sellers. Overall, it's been fantastic and the savings have far outweighed the $30 I lost 3 years ago.

gene dobies
01-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Gene your old-fashioned.
I bay on eBay all the time and I have not been ripped off yet.
My Jeep came from eBay ,my MasterCraft came from eBay.
My waters and snow skis, wetsuit,drysuit, tools, cd player, three years of water ski mag for $9.95.and much much more. I think eBay is one of best thing that has happen to the internet. :D

Guess I have to give it a try. Just feel worried about getting ripped off though.

Brn85ss
01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
My ebay exp. have been pretty good,but I have bought less than 10 items so far. I did buy one item that was not exactly as listed,but it was a 25.00 item.It's not worth the 12.00 in shipping to send it back.I noticed that a used item listed as like new is really subjective,I'm not sure I will buy any hi dollar items that claim like new condition.

Leroy
01-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Brian; Understand the rage, but you probably just have to write off to experience of life, it's only $55 plus shipping. Even in person buying used you can get burnt.

We could all send her an email (ask seller a question), maybe if 20-30 people wrote her about ripping off our friend Brian she might credit you for the radio. GUYS lets go!

MarkP
01-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Count me in..

6ballsisall
01-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I'll do it! :toast:

BriEOD
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Brian; Understand the rage, but you probably just have to write off to experience of life, it's only $55 plus shipping. Even in person buying used you can get burnt.

We could all send her an email (ask seller a question), maybe if 20-30 people wrote her about ripping off our friend Brian she might credit you for the radio. GUYS lets go!

You guys rock!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

John B
01-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I like that and I'm in.
Here is what I just sent her.

When you say "in great working condition" does that you bench tested it to make sure, or did you just get it from someone that said it works?

When Brian got the CD Player/Receiver, it was poorly packaged in a inside out cereal box stuffed with newspaper. That is a piss poor way of shipping.

He did bench test it and it did not work.
You misrepresented it and if you don't refund Brain's money, that is theft.

You already have one negative feedback and Brain's will make two.
Me and a lot of other people will make it hard for you to sell on eBay again.
By that I mean that ever time you are try to sell on eBay, and have someone bid on you item, they well contacted and told you can not be trusted.

GIVE BRAIN BACK HIS MONEY!!!

jaboucher2001

jimmer2880
01-05-2005, 06:06 AM
I like that and I'm in.
Here is what I just sent her.

When you say "in great working condition" does that you bench tested it to make sure, or did you just get it from someone that said it works?

When Brian got the CD Player/Receiver, it was poorly packaged in a inside out cereal box stuffed with newspaper. That is a piss poor way of shipping.

He did bench test it and it did not work.
You misrepresented it and if you don't refund Brain's money, that is theft.

You already have one negative feedback and Brain's will make two.
Me and a lot of other people will make it hard for you to sell on eBay again.
By that I mean that ever time you are try to sell on eBay, and have someone bid on you item, they well contacted and told you can not be trusted.

GIVE BRAIN BACK HIS MONEY!!!

jaboucher2001
I just did the same.

Now - if you really want to get ugly, I have a script I could run from home to send her... say... a thousand just like it. All coming from her own account.:D

BriEOD
01-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks gents, much obliged. :toast:

MarkP
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
She dont like mee now.. oops:o

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Note to self, don't engage in cyber wars with Jimmer. Brian, I'll be dropping her a line soon.

erkoehler
01-05-2005, 10:19 AM
message/question/suggestion sent!

ski_king
01-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I think her e-mail box is going to be very full!

Dan K
01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Ok I did my part as well. You would think we were bikers instead of skiiers. Don't mess with one of ours. :cool:

FrankSchwab
01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey, just read through the thread.

Ya know what? She's only about 10 minutes down the road from my house. I'm not an intimidator, but if you need anything, let me know....

My Email should be in my profile.

/frank

Leroy
01-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Brian; Did you leave negative? I don't see it? I sent her message! Love these modern tactics!

This goes along with the saying "some things you cannot un-see", "some things you cannot forget" when you receive 20 or more emails railing on you from out of no where! If the messages are getting to her I think she will want to settle somehow!

bonedoc
01-05-2005, 12:30 PM
lol....you guys are all great!!!! Anything you can do about my ex-wife and the POS she's living with? :cool:

kidding of course, kind of, out loud (not in my head)

Leroy
01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Bonedoc; Have an email address, we've all proven we are pretty good at email! :headbang: JK

captkidd
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Brian, if it makes you feel any better, I almost got burned for $1400 on a TV off ebay. I bought it from a guy in Colorado and sent him the money by PayPal, but he never shipped the TV. He kept promising that he was trying to ship it, but said he was having trouble finding a reasonable price for shipping; it was big, about 240 lbs. so it was going to cost from $250-450 to ship it. He should have checked this before he offered to sell it to me for $1400 including the shipping. Any way, he kept promising that he was working on it, and reassuring me that he was a honest, reputable person who was just trying to break even on the TV.

I got ebay's shipping folks involved in order to help him get it shipped, and we caught him in several lies. I finally issued my last (of several) deadlines to refund my money. When that one passed I contacted the credit card company, PayPal, ebay, and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, which is connected with the FBI (let me know if you need their contact info). My credit card company filed a charge back against PayPal and eventually issued a $1400 credit on my account, but then took that back while waiting for the 75-day period to end. Even though the seller claimed he had sent me a check, he couldn't provide any proof to PayPal, so they relented and the credit card company finally re-issued the credit to me.

Finally I received a letter and a call from the District Attorney in Colorado saying that they were working the case. All of a sudden the seller (who had stopped returning my emails) becomes very anxious to resolve this; he sent me about 3 emails and called my house trying to get me to call off the DA. He offered to send me money via Western Union, FedEx, or any other way I wanted. Since the credit card company had issued me a credit I called the DA and told them that I was o.k., but that PayPal might be interested. They had already contacted PayPal and they had been paid, but were bringing the guy in for questioning. To the very end he claimed that he had planned to ship the TV all along, but had just gotten caught up by all the events.

I certainly don't blame ebay or PayPal. The credit card company jerked me around a little but finally did the right thing.

bonedoc
01-05-2005, 12:41 PM
neither one of them are worth that much effort, but thanks. I just wish she'd quit thinking I am some type of gold mine. She left for greener pastures, to a guy who claims he makes a small fortune. I just want some papers signed so I can leave her in the past.

On the brighter side.....I now have a better woman in my life, am having more fun than I've had in years, and have a Mastercraft :toast:

BriEOD
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Here is Ms. Lane's real email addy just in case anyone wants to ask her a question. ;)

larrealane@sbcglobal.net

MarkP
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Lets go bonedoc. Give up the addy,:D . Looks like the complaint department is open.:banana: .

MarkP
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
On the way:D Here is Ms. Lane's real email addy just in case anyone wants to ask her a question. ;)

larrealane@sbcglobal.net

BriEOD
01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks Capt,

I've been the eBay route and filed a fraud claim, tried a mediator, sent her a letter edited by a lawyer, etc. The problem is it's a he said/she said thing. She sent it to me but it wasn't as she stated. When I sent it back to her she says I broke all of it. I can't prove anything it's just my word agaisnt hers--no smoking gun which is the problem. But she claims I did 4 things to it. I will give her one she had a honda specific wiring harness attached with butt connectors to the Alpine wiring harness so it would plug right into her cars wiring system. It came out of her car that way. I clipped the wires as close to the connectors as possible so I could hook it up to see if it worked. I didn't put new connectors and reattach when I sent it back. That is the only thing she has a leg to stand on about returning it in a different condition. But, give me a break it didn't alter the item. And anyone she sold it to short of them installing it into a Honda would have to take it off. As I said before she took a cereal box and cut it down the seem. Than turned it inside out put newspaper around everything, taped it up with masking tape and away it went. She made all these claims that she took it to Circuit City and had it checked out and I'm not an electronics expert, etc. I emailed her back and told her I spent 2 years in basic school and OJT to come onto a military bomb disposal team and I am extremely competent with electricity, electronics, and electro-mechanical devices. So, yeah I got the item and intentionally broke the remote, the CD-player and cracked the plastic bracket that came out of her Honda. Sure, yeah. I'm gonna chalk this one up as a loss but if I ever end up in AZ I'm gonna find this C U Next Tuesday and have a little chat.

tex
01-05-2005, 03:05 PM
C U Next Tuesday-That is funny! Sorry I can't email the before mentioned meeting time. My only email is from work and I doubt that my boss would appreaciate an officer of the court calling out some fat @ss on their email. My thoughts are with you!

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey, Tex. Which court? For the record, I'm not doing any emailing from work.

tex
01-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey, Tex. Which court? For the record, I'm not doing any emailing from work.
323rd District

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
:toast: Cool. Have fun in Vegas.

lakes Rick
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
C U Next Tuesday-That is funny! Sorry I can't email the before mentioned meeting time. My only email is from work and I doubt that my boss would appreaciate an officer of the court calling out some fat @ss on their email. My thoughts are with you!

Can't Understand Normal Thought........

bradamerry
01-05-2005, 05:05 PM
This could put a stop to me and Farmer having to drive out there. So much for the road trip :steering: !

atlfootr
01-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Sign me up .... :woohoo:

JEREMY79
01-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm In Lets Go

BriEOD
01-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks for all the support. I haven't heard from her but maybe she will get the point. What a C U Next Tuesday. Maybe I should send MarkP "The God Father" down to break her legs. :D

tex
01-11-2005, 09:03 AM
:toast: Cool. Have fun in Vegas.
My a$$ was kicked. You should know your luck is bad when it starts snowing in Vegas!

Leroy
01-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Brian; Was hoping for results! Wish I could find out that the emails are getting to her. I believe they should be and she is thinking about it. Have you tried contacting her? THat's the beauty of email, in 2 minutes you can rip another email to her, of course in 2 seconds she can hit the delete button! Maybe copy and paste one of those Viagra ads that takes over your PC in you email to her....;)

east tx skier
01-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Tex, sorry to hear that lady luck didn't shine down on you.

Brian, not that I'm suggesting that anyone do this, but to expound on Rics theme, there's all sorts of stuff you can sign up to have sent to you by just typing in your email address.

Professor
01-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Here is Ms. Lane's real email addy just in case anyone wants to ask her a question. ;)

larrealane@sbcglobal.net

A little late to this thread but include me in also. I remember my own bad experience with an ebay purchase.

Thrall
01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey, just read through the thread.

Ya know what? She's only about 10 minutes down the road from my house. I'm not an intimidator, but if you need anything, let me know....

My Email should be in my profile.

/frank

Brian,
She's only about a 3 beer ride from my house as well. I'll keep the address if I get up around Glendale.