PDA

View Full Version : Longer ski new trend?

zepdog
01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I thought i read somewhere recently that the new trend was to go longer on your ski , example if you ski on a 67 move up to a 69 my thought was that you would move down a size when you were ready. Size and weight of the skier all comes in to play in this but i'm sure thier are advantages and dis- advantages if you were to go with a longer ski when skiing the course or just open water. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Zepdog

André
01-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Longer skis will accelerate faster and shorther skis will be easier to turn but yes peoples ski on longer skis now then ,let's say 10 years ago.
Technology and method of skiing have change.
Just don't go TOO long.
Also depends if you're skiing high end skis or wide shape skis.

sand2snow22
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Before the MC I was on a 70" Truth b/c to ease getting up behind the old Sea Ray. Once up, it was like skiing on a log. Not really, but after the MC, went to a 68" System 8, much better.

betsy&david Harrison
01-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Now when I spoke with Wade Cox, he recommended that skiers that cut line go with the shorter ski. I am aprox 5'8" and ski on a 65 and can cut line once in awhile...depending on what day it is...if you know what I mean!;)

M-Funf
01-04-2007, 05:19 PM
cut line?

edit: ................too..............short

betsy&david Harrison
01-04-2007, 07:12 PM
cut line?

edit: ................too..............short
How about 22 off or better. Does that clear it up?

M-Funf
01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
How about 22 off or better. Does that clear it up?

Clear as Gin.

betsy&david Harrison
01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Where do you ski since you are in Petaluma?

rodltg2
01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
i actually have dropped down two ski sizes since last year. im on a 65.5 now and love it. my offside turn has improved alot.

M-Funf
01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Where do you ski since you are in Petaluma?

Thanks for reminding me :(

There are NO private lakes in Sonoma County. Lake Sonoma is the closest fresh water, then Berryessa, then the Delta. Lake Sonoma is about an hour away, and not the greatest place to ski, same with Berryessa. The delta is probably the best place, and it's only about 1.25 hours.

I wish I had the money to buy some property west of Petaluma and dig me a lake:rolleyes:

betsy&david Harrison
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, being on the coast in Nor. Cal is a nice place to be. If you ever want or get to Bakersfield....great vacation spot...ha ha, let me know so you can stay and ski, drink and play...whatever

M-Funf
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, being on the coast in Nor. Cal is a nice place to be. If you ever want or get to Bakersfield....great vacation spot...ha ha, let me know so you can stay and ski, drink and play...whatever

Will do :toast:

rodltg2
01-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for reminding me :(

There are NO private lakes in Sonoma County. Lake Sonoma is the closest fresh water, then Berryessa, then the Delta. Lake Sonoma is about an hour away, and not the greatest place to ski, same with Berryessa. The delta is probably the best place, and it's only about 1.25 hours.

I wish I had the money to buy some property west of Petaluma and dig me a lake:rolleyes:

not entirely true. there is a new lake going in with houses being built as well. not exactly sure where but its near petaluma . one of the owners of that project owned ski world.