PDA

View Full Version : Custom sun pad on older Prostars?

shepherd
01-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I sure would like to have a sunpad on the back of the old '90 Prostar 190 so I can lay out, relax, catch some rays, take a nap, etc. between sets. That's one reason why I've been drooling over the newer models.

Has anybody seen or done a custom job on an older model PS190 to create a small sunpad back there similar to what the newer 190s have (like a raised seat cushion)? If so, I sure would like to hear the details or see some pics. If not, I may try to design one from scratch.

east tx skier
01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Shep, I have an OEM sunpad for a 93 that I received as a gift from a good friend and former MC owner. I could take some measurements and tell you how it was supposed to be rigged up if you think it would work.

I also have a bunch of photos of the one the ski-it-again guy (larry I think) rigged up for his 94. I think Airjunky did one on his boat, too, if memory serves.

Shoot me a PM tomorrow with your email and I'll email you the pictures of Larry's setup.

east tx skier
01-04-2007, 01:23 AM
This probably won't help much, but these are some close ups of the sunpad. I don't have any installed pics, but I'll bet Gman does.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/dnortonames/IMG_3677.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/dnortonames/IMG_3675.jpg

rem_pss308
01-04-2007, 02:47 AM
east tx skier
I would like to see some installed pics. I used to have a compartment built in mine, that served as a ballast holder, and Sun deck, But now my son has moved off, and gotten married. I dont need all that Ballast, so I put the rear seat back in.
A sun deck that fit it would be great.

shepherd
01-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the email Doug! The "ski-it-again Larry" project is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like a fairly easy project and I can get the guy who re-did my upholstery to cover it with the same material.

east tx skier
01-05-2007, 12:48 AM
east tx skier
I would like to see some installed pics. I used to have a compartment built in mine, that served as a ballast holder, and Sun deck, But now my son has moved off, and gotten married. I dont need all that Ballast, so I put the rear seat back in.
A sun deck that fit it would be great.

You'll have to get Gman to post those if he still has them.