PDA

View Full Version : Monza Problem

pq2
01-03-2007, 01:16 PM
my ski is delaminating (hope i wrote it right), have any of you have the same problem with your monzas?

pq2
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM

captain planet
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I was going to get a System 8 this spring so I will be anxious to read what people say about this. :popcorn:

pq2
01-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I sent the pictures to the shop where i bought the ski, they told me they were going to send the pics to HO and see what they can do. Im very mad about this, I take a lot of care on my ski, hope they can do something if not this will be my last HO.

MYMC
01-03-2007, 01:46 PM
First I have seen do this...have it replaced, all HO/Hyperlite products have a "performance guarantee"...there should be no issue at all.

pq2
01-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks Mike, hope to hear the same from the shop i bought it from. These are the days when you ask your self if your dealer (proshop) is the good one or not. We will see.

MYMC
01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks Mike, hope to hear the same from the shop i bought it from. These are the days when you ask your self if your dealer (proshop) is the good one or not. We will see.
Call HO direct if you don't get the answer you want from the shop you bought it from...or just send it to me. Either way we'll get you straight...no biggie don't sweat it (way to early in the year!)

pq2
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks Mike, I really apreciate your help, let me see what happend with this guys if I have no answer from them I will call you. Thanks again.

dmayer84
01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I have had great success with them backing up products that were out of warranty for 2 years. I had some of my bindings dry out and crack and they send me all of the peices to repair the binding 2 times. I dont think that you will have a problem.

shepherd
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
FYI, no problems with mine after a season of heavy use and abuse. My buddy has been using one for a couple months now with no problems. Now, UMP has a bad one but I think that was due to (previous) owner misuse and not a manufacturing problem...

pq2
01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I bought it on january of 2006, not even a year using it. It is always on its padded bag, in my room. I never left it outside at the sun. I really take care of it always.

shepherd
01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
I bought it on january of 2006, not even a year using it. It is always on its padded bag, in my room. I never left it outside at the sun. I really take care of it always.

That was kind of my point when I said mine was "abused." No padded bag, tossed on dock (fin side up!), left in hot car all day... Still no problems with it, so yours obviously has a defect.

Good luck. Sounds like you'll get yours replaced one way or another thanks to Mike.

Jesus_Freak
01-03-2007, 02:47 PM
...or just send it to me. Either way we'll get you straight...no biggie don't sweat it (way to early in the year!)

Now that is some TMC spirit!

Blair
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Call HO direct if you don't get the answer you want from the shop you bought it from...or just send it to me. Either way we'll get you straight...no biggie don't sweat it (way to early in the year!)

yeah but will he get it back if he sends it to you :D :D

H20skeefreek
01-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Mike, while tightening on of the screws for my bindings (hand screwdriver, not power) the ski cracked on the bottom, is that something that would be covered by HO or should I just seal it with a little epoxy?

Jesus_Freak
01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Mike, while tightening on of the screws for my bindings (hand screwdriver, not power) the ski cracked on the bottom...

You just have too much muscle for your own good. 8p

MYMC
01-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Mike, while tightening on of the screws for my bindings (hand screwdriver, not power) the ski cracked on the bottom, is that something that would be covered by HO or should I just seal it with a little epoxy?
Should be covered...my guess is the inserts are in at the wrong depth or the screws are a hair too long...either way it should covered under warranty. HO/Hyperlite has lead the industry with their "performance guarantee" that covers everything from the way the ski or board rides to how it holds up.

pq2
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, my ski is on its way to florida were the shop were I bought it is going to claim for a new one. Mike as always thank you very much for your support and help. I wish you could have a proshop near cancun. I will post later how all this finishes.

88 PS190
01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I've seen some similar things, bottoms peeling on a vengeance.

Had the top deck of a Mapple Seige start coming loose.

Had a goode crack through from side to side under the front boot.

pq2
01-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Good news, a new monza is on it way, The guy of the shop were I bought it send it today. Im very happy and for sure this will keep me as a future HO customer. Thanks for all your tips and recomendations (MYMC)

MYMC
01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Good news, a new monza is on it way, The guy of the shop were I bought it send it today. Im very happy and for sure this will keep me as a future HO customer. Thanks for all your tips and recomendations (MYMC)
Thanks, but I didnt do anything.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't be so modest Mike, sometimes this is all it takes......;)

H20skeefreek
01-19-2007, 10:53 PM

Good to hear you got some results, I've emailed them 2x and haven't gotten anywhere yet.

MYMC
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Good to hear you got some results, I've emailed them 2x and haven't gotten anywhere yet.
Send me pictures, I got UMP taken care of.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-22-2007, 10:40 AM
MYMC Rules!:headbang: :worthy:

Speaking of that, did my new ride show up yet?:confused:

H20skeefreek
01-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll take some tonight, though I don't think you'll be able to see anything. it's a 1/2" lateral crack in the bottom of the ski. I may have to find an excuse to drive to Charlotte and show it to you.

MYMC
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
MYMC Rules!:headbang: :worthy:

Speaking of that, did my new ride show up yet?:confused:
No, not yet...although I am expecting large freight delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed.

MYMC
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll take some tonight, though I don't think you'll be able to see anything. it's a 1/2" lateral crack in the bottom of the ski. I may have to find an excuse to drive to Charlotte and show it to you.
Boat show is 2nd week in Feb if you want to kill two birds with one stone.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
No, not yet...although I am expecting large freight delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed.
sounds good, hollar at me when you get it. :)

pq2
01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
wo hoo!!! a new 2007 monza arrived yesterday, will post pics later, I cant wait to try it.

pq2
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
wo hoo!!! a new 2007 monza arrived yesterday, will post pics later, I cant wait to try it. :) :) :)

MYMC
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
sounds good, hollar at me when you get it. :)
I am told the shipment will be here Friday

sand2snow22
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to be lazy and not do research, did they change the structural design of the monza this year?

pq2
01-24-2007, 04:06 PM
dont think so, only the graphics change, looks and weights the same, i dont have the 06 to compare them.